Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9284 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans
5. Re: Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 15:45 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:25:
I'm saddened to hear this, but thank you for the informative post! I adored Anno 1404 (and made the Unofficial Patch for it, fixing 10,000+ things), but ever since 1404 things have gone downhill.

So sad to see so many features removed, Coop, true AI opponents, scenarios, and so on. Still...I will play it eventually just to put in 30 hours and be done as you did. Looks like Anno 1404 is still the best game ever of the genre, and its still very playable today so oh well.

Hah so that is really you, I applaud your efforts for that awesome patch I think Anno 2070 with ARRC is pretty decent too.. (german) 1404 + IAAM and 2070 + ARRC are the only Anno games I have installed now ;/

And yeah, I am a huge Anno addict, so maybe you are lucky and you don't find the ways to break the economy quite as fast as I did.. they absolutely MUST patch the prices of wares. Currently there'd be absolutely no point, ever, to even build that Orbital station.. what the hell do I need research benefits for when I have 1m+ people and maxed out money no matter what I do... all it is, is another money sink because the economy is broken. The difficulty levels only even make it so that the Moon is a hard-barrier for profitably if you go there when the game tells you to (hint: don't do that) because Moon will never be profitable.

Also alt-tabbing is broken in this game (breaks trade icons in overview).... which sucks even more, because it isn't broken in Anno 1404 nor 2070 ;/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans
2. Re: Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Personally I think this is the most lazy, dumbed down and boring of all the Anno games so far.. literally "finished it" in less than 30 hours of gameplay (which for a sim builder is NOTHING) and with finished I mean 1m people and corporate rank 103, 30 hours is the time I spent on ONE of the 3 star challenge maps in Anno 1404

Problems are as follows
- Combat missions, once you get past them being how they are, are 3 maps. Yes, 3 maps and that is it. Imagine playing 3 maps for 100 times in a SP builder game, with same enemies, same placement, even same power-ups. They become extremely boring (also totally irrelevant, as you can level your corporate rank up so fast you literally SWIM in 999 of all resources all the time.

- Economic challenge doesn't exist. Global market allows you to circumvent entire tier 3 and 4 goods production at lower costs and rake in 100k+ profit per minute.

- No challenge, broken economy, no fire, crime or plague... no hostile actions (even though there is supposedly a terror organization from the "Moon" (how it gets to Earth willy nilly is another joke in this "story") that is nowhere to be seen. The supposed attacks on climate control structures affects you zero. All you do is spam your entire island full of living buildings and produce all the necessary tier 1/2 wares on the smallest main islands. By doing this, I had +50k in the first hour on "Hard"

- End game doesn't exist. There are no super projects that REALLY take some effort with gradual construction and huge benefits post production. Most of the sector projects besides the first island you can complete in an hour, less if you have a proper main island. And none of them, aside from the water power project are worth anything.

- Lack of diversity in buildings. Let's face it, Corporate or hippy style in Anno 2070 + scientists and underwater islands were unique. In this you quickly learn that Moon and Arctic are essentially money sinks and nothing else.

Nothing they list in that expansion, which is part of Season Pass, fixes the underlaying problem of this game. That it is so god damn easy to "win" that there is no challenge whatsoever in anything. Tundra or Orbit doesn't actually ADD anything to the game in terms of challenge. If you have a main island established, there is nothing the game throws at you that isn't INSTANTLY fixable. Literally.

So bottom line. Instead of performance (which really is abysmal, by the way) maybe they should actually make this a game with a challenge?

The good? It was fun for those first 30-40 hours, but then.. blarghhhhhh once I realized how to insta-win on "Hard" difficulty I literally lost all my drive to even play this game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 12:26 eRe4s3r

When I hear mutagenic chain reactions I think of Zergs... hopefully it doesn't create Zergs but kills of Malaria ;/  

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Nov 24, 2015, 01:00 eRe4s3r

In what world does the game not look bad? It's exactly the same 4x we've been playing for the past 20 years  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans
5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans Nov 23, 2015, 13:34 eRe4s3r

Frijoles wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:24:
Had a lot of fun in NS2 back when it launched. I think my biggest frustration with the game (aside from shitty or no commander) was the fucking long load times. I know they put out a patch to fix that, but it was too late by then. A lot of people had left. Still, I got my money out of the game and enjoyed it while it lasted.

They killed their game essentially when they released a huge patch + free weekend at the same time. I tried the game out then, my first impression was abysmal, my 2nd and 3rd impressions were 3minute long load-screens. On a SSD the joke was I usually joined first, meaning I got to wait another minute extra for everyone else to load..

Hard to believe they fixed that now... and no free play weekend to verify.

Well, and then of course.. the whole gameplay is by definition extremely anti-pub style. Commander makes or fails the game, and how they thought not to include an AI vs AI commander gameplay mode.. oh well.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2015, 12:42 eRe4s3r

ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 12:11:
Just some no name band trying to get attention by destroying a freshly released game. Trolls know no bounds guys. Really.

That dude has more followers than Star Wars Battlefront has players on PC

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2015, 10:37 eRe4s3r

Vendor A = Nvidia

Vendor B = AMD

Vendor C = Intel

And we already knew it I guess.. Open GL driver situation is abysmal.. and on mobile space.. Unity devs are threading to TOTAL SHIT just to get anything working multi-platform (it's why there are SOOOOOO many bugs with OpenGL path in Unity but at least it works.. mostly)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2015, 10:27 eRe4s3r

Even celebrities think Star Wars Battlefront is shit

And as for that Mozilla story.. Tab Groups.. what is that?
Include a proper tutorial for using the browser and maybe people would know about these features...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2015, 10:25 eRe4s3r

deqer wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 10:16:
"Very Challenging, because we don't know how to plan shit, and we're dumb."

I doubt it's challenging to emulate original xbox but xbox 360 is definitely impossible to emulate with todays hardware at any playable levels. The Xenia emulator is STILL not even completed and from what I hear they had to code CPU specific translation paths, meaning they have to basically develop a new emulator for every single cpu base that's out there.

Nevermind me, I was thinking of PS3...

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2015, 11:20.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 02:32 eRe4s3r

All I can think about is that the baby in the beginning looks like a demon straight from hell. My "attachment" to that was "nuke it from orbit" level

Doesn't incite any immersion

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 21, 2015, 21:47 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 13:58:
Working on any issues needed to increase backer numbers and eventually go Live.

That's pretty vague, but also pretty revealing right there.

What does that even mean? That they have cash problems??

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Heavy Rain on PS4 looks absolutely amazing in first screenshots. Nov 21, 2015, 21:46 eRe4s3r

The problem is, when you waste superlatives (can be seen nicely in the Paris attacks aftermath) then you are devoid of meaning in your language at some point. Meaning your words no longer have any impact. People don't give a fuck when something is "awesome" nowadays, because to them that is a word that means nothing in news. So if something truly awesome happens, news no longer have the ability to actually transport that info.

Also.. that PS4 Vr story leaves me baffled..
Sony also confirmed last month that the device will require an external processing unit to take the strain off of the PS4.

we suggest you hit at least 90 if not 120 fps

So what we already knew? Has Oculus Rift has so far underplayed the FPS requirement? 120 and it needs to be SOLID 120fps any DIP = barf bucket ?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 21, 2015, 11:47 eRe4s3r

This.. is true For that very reason I only watch a few (very VERY few) people on youtube doing let's plays. Episodic they can still answer questions, but everything is much more relaxed and there aren't constant gameplay interruptions and some actual production quality involved.

So no, twitch created one of the most annoying ways to watch people play (especially because there is no language info, happened to me dozens of times I landed on some weird french or russian stream without markings)

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 21, 2015, 01:03 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 00:30:
http://swbstats.com/

big numbers on the PS4, PC will be the first casualty to see people leave the game in mass.

Can that stat really be right? SWBF PC version shortly after release only has 60% more (peak) players than BF4 has which is 2 years old?

If so then that game is a total flop on PC.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 20, 2015, 22:48 eRe4s3r

That's quite a laugh considering Star Wars Battlefront has ZERO story and is easily the worst Battle Front game ever made Not to mention extremely inferior to even BF4 on release (not even comparable to how smooth and .. well, "polished" BF4 is nowadays)  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 20, 2015, 21:35 eRe4s3r

nimski wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 09:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:47:
Someone give these people a working keyboard

Says eRe4s3r.

Heheeehe

Well, let's just say that I have a reason for that weird nick (back in highscore days, ERE was my actual nick) then I watched Eraser (the movie) and yeah. Add to that that someone stole my nick (Ereaser) when WON transitioned to STEAM and so I had to create some weird 13375p43k variation of it, which was a "thing" back when I had this problem. In the 90ies in former East Germany, that is

News Comments > FFXIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS for PC Next Month
6. Re: FFXIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS for PC Next Month Nov 20, 2015, 21:11 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 12:54:
FINALLY!!!!!

i've never seen such an about-face from the absolute worst FF game ever, to the sequel that was really really fun, FFXIII-2 is probably my favorite FF game in the last 10 years.

and the soundtrack... so brilliant

Same here... to me FF13-2 was the (so far) pinnacle of JRPG's on PC

We already had lengthy talks about that I just want to see the story conclude. And that it includes ALL dlc is nice. As we all know, FF13-2 did not contain ALL dlc on PC.

News Comments > Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled
8. Re: Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled Nov 20, 2015, 20:11 eRe4s3r

This is one of these stories that make you go WTF

For one.. never heard of the game

Like for real, never even saw it in the feeds. WTF? And you know why? "This Item is not available in your region"

So yeah. WTF, WTF and WTF ?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 20, 2015, 08:31 eRe4s3r

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 18:53:
You'd think 3.4m is enough to build a drone (and it is)... until you read what they "claimed" that palm sized drone ought to be able to do. Which is all nice and all.. except You can't scale down batteries to palm size and still have more than 5m flight time while also shooting HD video and writing it to SSD (Which, believe it or not, actually requires a lot of power too)

Did none of the engineers ever actually tell the people in charge that?

It was a scam from the get go, lets be honest.

Well, a scam usually doesn't try to actually build what they promised.. so the problem is they had good intentions but lacked the ability to actually execute.

Btw, Evil Ratt has 50$ minimum pledge amount.. that's.. very special not that I care for that app, just thought that is odd.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
24. A dev that can't fix rain textures being broken since latest patch Nov 20, 2015, 07:52 eRe4s3r

Is probably not a dev that has any idea how to add sli support to one of the best supported engines on the planet (UE3)

And hey, it's the last Batman game, you know it, they know it, they don't give a fuck anymore about anyone who owns this.

Ps.: Yes, that means rain is totally fucking broken in current PC version.

And we have still have defenders of this dev here.. classic

9284 Comments. 465 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo