Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7800 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2015, 19:54 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:16:
And a big thanks that blues does not follow any of that modern UI redesign bullshit.. keep it looking like it looks. It's awesome the way it is.

This is the reason I stopped reading Shacknews back in the day as well. Once they went web 2.0 it was over (that, and Steve Gibson's departure just made it weird for someone who started with the Shugashack).

Thankfully Blue keeps it looking like the 90s!

It doesn't help that most other "gaming" sites are now just images with a tiny amount of text.. takes forever to actually find anything on these damn things. or you have other sites wherre you can fit at best 10 headlines on the screen. And everywhere is tiny images that want your attention.. blah

That's not saying I don't like fancy websites, but I come here for information, and information is best served raw.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2015, 19:45 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:24:
Wouldn't mind a like system though, good for community.

No a dislike system is far better for our community

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
7. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 18:33 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:24:
Rhett wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:00:
I'm getting a little worried that they haven't absolutely, 100% confirmed the 27th, nor put it up on Steam yet...

It's on Steam

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/

Just not visible to the public via store search but it is on steam actual too

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

There are also people testing the game on PC via Steam right now ,)

That's clever. How'd you discover that little trick?

SteamDB ? That's just a nice tool to have at your disposal as gamer in general. And as Harlock says, game is "on steam" in some form for more than half a year now.

But it is definitely "on steam" that does not mean it'll release on the 27th.. but everything they need is there.

When you press on packages and their ID , you can see whether a game is region locked, and in what regions. That's what I use that mainly for...

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
3. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 18:24 eRe4s3r

Rhett wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:00:
I'm getting a little worried that they haven't absolutely, 100% confirmed the 27th, nor put it up on Steam yet...

It's on Steam

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/

Just not visible to the public via store search but it is on steam actual too

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

There are also people testing the game on PC via Steam right now ,)

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2015, 18:16 eRe4s3r

And a big thanks that blues does not follow any of that modern UI redesign bullshit.. keep it looking like it looks. It's awesome the way it is.  

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
2. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 9, 2015, 16:12 eRe4s3r

Damn that POV video was.. intense  

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
7. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 15:02 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:52:
eRe4s3r, in a way your making the case against yourself. By pointing out they all belong to the same organization yet they have one of the, if not the best list of GOTY awards I've seen so far. I do agree, there could be a category about Indie only, yet they do cover many indies in the list.

So your saying hey look, it must be corrupt cause they are all in a club, yet the club by action has done the best work.

They have Destiny in "Best technology"

That said, I get what you mean. But I never said I disagree with all the choices, I said this is a corporate sponsored award show. The UBM awards And UBM does not make it easy to see that connection.

I find that dishonest, simple as that And it may well be possible that UGM nominated "developers" have their own minds and make fair nominations. But judging is done by UBM and UBM only.

All this really means, never trust these awards. Never trust anything on the internet. Or on TV.. Don't trust me either, look this stuff up yourself, and decide for yourself what you want to think about it.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 15:10.

4. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 14:14 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:35:
Ah yes, nothing like the fresh breeze of sponsored awards where bribery and connections get you nominated and that ignores 99% of all indy developers that simply don't have the connections needed to get nominated...

joy

So which indie dev in Best Narrative has connections?

The ones that got nominated, obviously.

I am just gonna quote something

All professional game developers who are part of the ICAN member list are eligible to provide nominations, both for the Special and Regular Awards. International Choice Awards Network (ICAN) is an invitation-only group comprised of leading game creators from all parts of the video game industry.

Try googling that Leads you here

http://www.gamechoiceawards.com/advisory.html

which says

The editors of Game Developer and Gamasutra have chosen an Advisory Committee

Both owned by UBM

So..
awards, run by UBM,
judges, nominated by UBM
gamasutra, owned by UBM
GD, owned by UBM
IGF, run by UBM
Advisory Panel (that nominates) with people invited by UBM

Notice a pattern here?

This isn't an award show about games, this is the UBM "who makes us the most money" show.

Maybe I am jaded, but when 1 company is connected to ALL elements of an awards show then I am calling bullshit on that bullshit.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 14:21.

1. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 13:35 eRe4s3r

Ah yes, nothing like the fresh breeze of sponsored awards where bribery and connections get you nominated and that ignores 99% of all indy developers that simply don't have the connections needed to get nominated...

joy

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
38. Re: And yet US media censors the caricatures Jan 9, 2015, 10:50 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 23:35:
Don't get so worked up, we censor pretty much anything here unless its on HBO.

This may be odd to you, but to me this is absolutely new. I mean yeah, I laugh at stupid American shows censoring the "mouth" when someone says "fuck" But they do this in actual news reporting? Within their actual news... report? So what is the value of their news reporting?

If I can get better info of the web.. then why would I read censored media?

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
17. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 22:58 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 22:24:
i dunno - i feel like this is at least a step in the right direction for PC gaming - towards my vision of pc gaming utopia:

which is, a PC platform that does nothing but run games, with no OS to speak of, maybe a couple of completely transparent layers of middleware - but more or less just straight from the metal to the game.. thats what im talkin bout...

it will take a long while but this is the kinda move that makes it theoretically possible, which is the first step towards being actually possible

One can tell you never actually used a mod for a game ,)

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
20. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 22:44 eRe4s3r

Everywhere I go people say the game sucks balls... and by the way, it's not a good thing when a game trailer is about as exiting as watching paint dry.. or fight any mob in a MMO ;p

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
33. And yet US media censors the caricatures Jan 8, 2015, 22:07 eRe4s3r

Freedom of speech .. in the USA.. haha

The terrorists already won, the US media has no backbone left. And who still got backbone? German, French and assorted Media... and who blurred the caricatures? The UK and the US

The irony...

Proof

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/552868458342674433/photo/1
https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/552814280471367680/photo/1
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0602/03/lt.02.html

CNN.. censoring itself.. because terrorists said so with guns.

Man.. that is so utterly disgusting actually

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2015, 22:13.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 21:48 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 12:28:
Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:39:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 03:12:
I'm personally waiting to get a 970 or 980 with 8gb ram (only the 4gb variety are available now), and then going completely crazy (but tastefully) with a ultimate modded skyrim play through. I've yet to try any of the big DLC's even. Looking forward to it.

Your VRAM makes little to no difference on Skyrim's stability. It's the engine itself which craps out with too many mods installed .(especially memory hungry ones.)

You'd see absolutely no difference with a 4GB or 8GB card.

Unless of course you're using graphics mods which use VRAM in which case it matters very much how much VRAM you have. You can easily eat up 4GB of VRAM even modding Oblivion, lol.

That's not how 32bit engines work.. if you have a texture mod when that texture is loaded by the game then that uses RAM and VRAM at the same time. Meaning you will never exceed 4GB vram, unless you use some weird AA setting.

News Comments > Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned
3. Re: Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned Jan 8, 2015, 20:11 eRe4s3r

Ah yes.. Beamdog.. the developer of zero actual games. Think it's kinda hilarious they think they can make a game that can even come close to Baldurs Gate...

hype level is sub zero ;p

8. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 16:27 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:59:
Btw.. Beth blog is one of the only sites on this planet that forces me on the German site when I enter the English url. And not even VPN circumvents it. What this means is that 9 out of 10 links to bethblog.com do not actually work for me! ;/

This interview though, they completely translated to German, with no way to see the "real" interview. wtf is up with that.

Time to move, homie!

Yeah... but I still would like to know what the heck they do to their redirecting because this is the only site I ever saw that does this with such ferocity.

I think I would have to actually reverse the routing in my hosts file to fix it +.+

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 8, 2015, 10:22 eRe4s3r

Actually GOGO is doing man in the middle attacks...  

4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 08:59 eRe4s3r

Btw.. Beth blog is one of the only sites on this planet that forces me on the German site when I enter the English url. And not even VPN circumvents it. What this means is that 9 out of 10 links to bethblog.com do not actually work for me! ;/

This interview though, they completely translated to German, with no way to see the "real" interview. wtf is up with that.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
41. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 19:46 eRe4s3r

PropheT wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:00:
harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:47:
gotta have rock solid 80+ fps, with all effects and bells and whistles - and its just not happening on that generation

Most people aren't going to be all that upset if they don't hit a rock solid 80+ fps with everything maxed in the newest games to come out.

My son's system I built for him a few years ago is an i5-2500k with a GTX 680, and there just hasn't been any real reason to upgrade it yet.

When VR becomes a thing that is actually out as a product, and when that goes up 1 res step to 4k or "UHD", getting steady 75 (or more) fps at 4k is gonna be the new gold standard for hardware too, what's the point of a high-end card/cpu combo that can push max 600fps, but min 10fps and has frame stutter? ;p

Smooth steady frame-rates are what we need for proper VR, and I am not seeing that being a "thing" yet ...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
40. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 19:41 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 17:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:57:
Where would even you even sell old hardware? Ebay or what?

I've sold parts on Ebay before but after hearing about 'empty box' scams which protect the buyer and shaft the seller, not anymore. I stick to local Kijiji listings and do in person transaction with generally no-refund policy. Not that I sell broken shit or would ever do so but once it leaves my hands in working condition, it's their property and responsibility.

Man, I wish there was like a service where you just send all your hardware, they test it whether it still works fine and give you a fair price and if it's broken you just pay some fixed fee for recycling or whatever...

No idea how to even begin selling anything in-person here (Germany..) either ;(

7800 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo