Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7966 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 3, 2015, 18:34 eRe4s3r

Requiring disclose of sexual orientation before the event is even more questionable... in fact, it might be illegal.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox on Homeworld: Cataclysm
1. Re: Gearbox on Homeworld: Cataclysm Feb 3, 2015, 18:24 eRe4s3r

Oh please, if they really wanted they could just literally remake it. They already have working Homeworld 1 in their fancy engine, and Cataclysm just expanded on that anyway.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 3, 2015, 18:16 eRe4s3r

Direct youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r21j-3u9Vs

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2015, 16:34 eRe4s3r

I still think Telltales take on GOT is one of the weakest things they have done, story wise it reeks of deus ex machina and hand-waving everywhere. Choices have little to literally NO influence on anything, and there are way too frigging many characters to *PLAY*. Wolf Among us was great because it was MY Bigby, Walking dead at least had characters I cared about and let me play Clem and had superior writing, but already there the writing took a nose dive with episodes being much too short and with background info being much too rare.

And I say it again, but how they thought implementing show characters was a good idea befuddles me to no end. Next to them our own played characters look like empty shells of dummies. (not surprising, given the huge swath of story we associate with these characters due to having seen the series)

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 3, 2015, 10:56 eRe4s3r

Now only Polygon and Kotaku still need to die and the world would be a better place  

News Comments > Decay The Mare Next Week
1. Re: Decay The Mare Next Week Feb 3, 2015, 10:28 eRe4s3r

Just a funny tid-bit.. when reading this what I thought it would be was a game about the mare that death rides in the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse mythology.. which would have made a far better game than this

So inadvertently I spoiled this game to me because.. now I want to see the game I thought it would be, and not the game it is.. blimey

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 3, 2015, 10:06 eRe4s3r

Just reduce funding of the NSA and FBI/CIA and cyber security would take a sharp rise No amount of money will ever fix something that your own pseudo security agencies work against.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys
21. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 23:59 eRe4s3r

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 23:00:
Had these been games sold physically at a brick and mortar gaming store with all the other details the same, would you have the same reaction?

I would highly doubt 2 armed mafia enforcers would knock on your door in the night, storm in, take your game away, wipe it from your PC just in case, and leave, if the same thing had transpired with physical goods.

To Ubisoft this isn't even a loss, they get compensation from whatever fraud insurance Origin/EA has. So the initial reaction was imo, a bit over the top.

The real issue is that CC's are too easy to abuse, so purchases with CC should have a 7 day run-time at the very least.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video
12. Re: Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video Feb 2, 2015, 22:44 eRe4s3r

Sneakycamper wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 22:40:
Ok so to get this Right You Have to Buy Buy Buy the game to play the Beta ? Not a Free for anyone to play the beta like a Open Beta ? Who has the min Specs to play this ?

Just click "preload beta" instead of buy

13. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 21:51 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 21:08:
Also, we're not talking about key "stores" here. The platforms in question (Kinguin/G2A) operate as middlemen/portals. They help sell keys from person A to person B and offer buyer protection. The keys that are sold via these portals are very often of questionable legitimacy because why would any seller be able to sell an unused key at considerable discounts? Right. In many cases the keys have simply been stolen.
These portals are effectively serving as fences on many transactions and should not be supported by any gamer with an ounce of integrity because you're supporting organized crime.

Then I am sorry, I was under the assumption we are talking about a key store not a key trading hub

8. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 20:47 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:30:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 19:09:
Good for them. Seems like the right thing to do. You don't really expect fraud buying from EA (queue joke about EA ripoffs here).

You obviously didn't get the story. Cheapskates bought the game from cheap key portals like Kinguin and G2A. The keys that were offered there, were originally acquired via a stolen credit card from Origin. No one whose key was nuked bought the game directly from Origin. Everyone bought keys that were stolen from Origin and resold via the key traders.
As far as I am concerned, this is solely a problem of the key shops. The legality of transactions via their service is their problem since they advertise "100% safety guaranteed" (G2A) and "buyer protection" (Kinguin).
Seems pretty generous of Ubi to reinstate the stolen keys.

Except these keys were sold by ORIGIN.. a tiny detail you forgot And if a store sells keys they are legit keys, fraudulent CC should have been detected by any decent payment provider.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video Feb 2, 2015, 20:40 eRe4s3r

They want 70 fucking EURO for the game by the way

Gonna be a tough sell in Europe

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 2, 2015, 18:48 eRe4s3r

ldonyo wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 13:10:
According to the new definition of broadband (25/3), none of those plans is actually broadband. Certainly none of them is a good deal if you have any other option for Internet service.

Safe to say that if you need sat internet you don't have any other options

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 2, 2015, 17:32 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 15:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 11:50:
Any job that a robot can do isn't a job worth doing by a human anyway.

Oh sure say that now but sex androids will be here and take the fun out of the bedroom eventually.

Though there'd probably be a model for both genders... Thinking2

Never mind.

And your bedroom is also not part of the economy, I would hope, at least....

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 2, 2015, 14:11 eRe4s3r

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 13:43:
Well, that would be most of them since there is going to be very little a robot can't do going forward. Most jobs can be split into logical parts and then repeated and the cost of robotic parts is falling.

(My office is next to a robotics lab)

I dunno There seem to be plenty of jobs that robots can't do. When robots do the stupid work, then maybe there will be new, better and more interesting jobs for human to do? Or capitalism will end, both results would be fine with me.

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
9. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 13:26 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:08:
More than the silly noise is there any way to actually disable the on-screen BLUR effects (blood, water) and the horrible looking lense distortion? It's like the char had a camera lense rammed into his skull.

There is a mod that handles a bunch of gfx tweaks, the one your asking for is on the list.

This mod does everything you need to configure your graphics.

http://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/18/?

Thanks, finally got rid of these horrible effects It destroys immersion imo

Or not.. mhh, for some reason it doesn't disable chromatic aberration (lens distortion at edges) for me.. but at least the stupid blur near water is gone. Still when you run the screen blurs, which is also annoying.. yikes

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2015, 13:57.

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
3. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 12:08 eRe4s3r

More than the silly noise is there any way to actually disable the on-screen BLUR effects (blood, water) and the horrible looking lense distortion? It's like the char had a camera lense rammed into his skull.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 2, 2015, 11:50 eRe4s3r

Any job that a robot can do isn't a job worth doing by a human anyway.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 2, 2015, 01:11 eRe4s3r

Heh, the lesson is definitely to create a completely fake identity if you want to discuss stuff that gets you media attention of any kind (social media that is)

It's not hard to do that...

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 2, 2015, 01:05 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 15:25:
"The 77th Brigade will engage in psyops (psychological operations) to try to influence the opinions of civilians in certain parts of the world, as well looking to change the behavior of those engaged in various forms of warfare."

So in other words they're paid to troll. Jesus, these sorts of endeavors are not only a massive waste of money, they're sadly laughable.

More likely they are paid to signal boost the gov agenda, which by the way is called... you guessed it, propaganda So the UK now officially has a Ministry of Truth with army branch

7966 Comments. 399 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo