Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6673 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
4. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 13:26 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on May 7, 2014, 13:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2014, 13:03:
What is.. a premium PC Game? Sounds like free to play pay to win... surely not what they meant with that.. or maybe it is?

I just read that as another way of saying "AAA," but I guess this remains to be seen.

One would think such PR releases send to you would be a bit more conscious as to what they write though I mean, surely I am not the only one who notices that word and has.. ehm, negative connotations assigned to it nowadays.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
1. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 13:03 eRe4s3r

What is.. a premium PC Game? Sounds like free to play pay to win... surely not what they meant with that.. or maybe it is?  

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
21. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

Timmeh wrote on May 7, 2014, 12:52:
He is apologizing to the community for having to leave because he needs to make a living.

And why isn't it selling anymore? Because the last update was 8 months ago... so the past 8 months that dev did.. what exactly to earn a living?

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 7, 2014, 12:54 eRe4s3r

Broken Sword 5 - The Serpents Curse

Has some of the absolutely most retarded puzzles I have ever seen (assuming the review mentions that, too lazy to read it). I mean, spelling ALADDIN with neon letters is already pretty weird, especially since it's written Aladin and not ALADDIN so a puzzle that requires you to spell a name wrong to solve it. Then there a multiple puzzles that require you to have real world skills with no way to solve them unless you do have this skill (reading sheet music or cyrillic? the fuck). And there are many many more such situations in Episode 2. Lastly, the ending was cheap as hell and felt rushed.

Overall, this was the worst Broken Sword game I ever played. And I was a fan ;/

I know I bashed Broken Age for being simple.. but at least it was logical and fun! There are far better PoC's

This comment was edited on May 7, 2014, 13:02.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 7, 2014, 11:44 eRe4s3r

Parias wrote on May 7, 2014, 11:11:
A shame about that Outcast remake - I hope they're still able to churn out something good.

At least they understand why it failed. A good example on how not to run a KS

Loading Human looks really neat by the way, and if you look for other Vr game with interesting idea

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/494598080/the-gallery-six-elements

13. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 11:30 eRe4s3r

How many more scandals are needed until Steam responds with actual changes, instead of too-late reactions?  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
18. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 7, 2014, 10:26 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on May 7, 2014, 08:42:
Your probably right about the immersion factor. Just about every German (and foreigner) I know here speaks english so i'm sure that isnt helping. Plus knowing the fact that in 3 years i'll be moving from Germany to another country once again doesnt help with my motivation at all either. I know that English comes from German, and i do see a lot of similarities, half the time i can get pretty close to what people are saying. I must have the worst pronounciation in the world though, as anytime i'm at a market or bakery or whatever out in the city i'll try out what little German i do know, and without fail and without hearing a word of english from me, the people almost always switch to english to answer me.

Thats interesting about learning Japanese, when i was in Hungary for a few years i was told that Hungarian has similarities to Japanese and Finnish, which is a weird combination to say the least. I think maybe they were reffering to the inflection part of Hungarian, which always totally screwed me over.

Well I suppose i'll redouble my efforts, though i must say the retention of Rosetta Stone is severely lacking

Well take heart, I am German and when I visit Bavaria *I* can not understand anything. And that's within Germany.

But yeah, Rossetta is useless for beginners Japanese unless you learn the written language first (not even talking Kanji, just basic Hiragana syllables) I dunno how Rossetta is supposed to work, but Japanese is complex enough that 30 minute sessions are useless. And I doubt you can learn the actual language (as in, at lowest level Hiragana syllables) with that. At least not the way it breezes through lessons. 30 Minutes to remember words made of 10+ syllables that look nearly identical to a western eye? Haha.... not gonna happen

But Rossetta is at least decent as a learning guide later on. Ie what words to learn, as it gives you good grammar.. but grammar is like, year 3 stuff. No point learning grammar before I know enough words to even form a sentence. And once I know these words, I think the rest comes automatically with immersion. At least that's how it worked with english for me. School was 20%, 80% was immersion in the language from various sources, Anime, games and books.

Funnily, you may think a lot of Germans speak English, but that's a lie. Where I live, about 5 out of 100 people speak English. Most over 50 do not. (And that's "most" ;P)

2. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 10:06 eRe4s3r

Deathhead wrote on May 7, 2014, 09:45:

Towns 2 Dev Leaving; Towns 3 Possible

A new game will give us the following advantages:

• we can implement all the cool things that are not possible at the moment due to how the core mechanics works in Towns 2

• we can also rise attention as this is a completely new game and a successor for once great runnning game

• this will also make it possible to have a financially sound basis for a long development of Towns3

• I want to end this post by thanking you for reading this and for all your support in these two months. Again I'm sorry
    that we had to pull the plug right here, but I sincerely hope you can understand why we had to make that decision right
    now.

It took me longer than I want to admit to get this joke, well played

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
    10. Re: Evening Consolidation May 7, 2014, 00:02 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on May 6, 2014, 08:41:
    Fantaz wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:51:
    eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:40:
    0 updates in 15 days, PS3 and PS4 only when PC gamers make up majority of funding source on KS

Uh yeah, not gonna happen.

the reason it cant be on anything but Playstation systems is that the game always used the square, triangle, and circle buttons exclusively. it would be breaking tradition if they went with Xbox controller or PC. tho i would've liked to at least see a Vita version made, i'd prolly still be able to play it on my Vita with PS4 remote play wherever there's a net connection.

RTFA - "0 updates in 15 days" is fucking horseshit:
    Arenít Kickstarter campaigns usually 30 days? Why is this one only 18?

Our campaign end date was chosen based on a need to assign developers to projects shortly after the end of this Kickstarter.

Our Kickstarter will allow us to secure Amplitude development resources here at Harmonix that otherwise will be assigned elsewhere. Thatís an important date weíre working with! We hope that backers get behind the project in the window we have!

I didn't even know KS allows this. So fault lies on me, I totally did not read that article

Still think this kickstarter is bullshit. If Sony owns the IP they can buckle up the cash themselves

This comment was edited on May 7, 2014, 03:02.

16. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 6, 2014, 23:58 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on May 6, 2014, 17:01:
    Mr. Tact wrote on May 6, 2014, 13:33:
    dj LiTh wrote on May 6, 2014, 08:47:
    Which is good for my dumbass as i dont think i'll be learning german anytime soon.
    I tried German in HS and college -- but couldn't get it into my brain. I am just not wired for multiple languages.

For myself i feel its too late. I've tried multiple languages dozens of classes/teachers/programs and it seems like i get to a certain progress point and then its like hitting a brick wall. Luckily my wife is smarter then I and speaks 5 languages fluently. I think it also has to do with how late i started (in my late 20's) and my wife she was practically bilingual since she could speak. In a few years when we decide to have children learning a 2nd and 3rd language at a young age (euro's do this right!) will be emphasized.

As someone who learns Japanese right now (on their own, with just tools, no teachers) I can assure you, the only brick-wall is your lack of dedication I am late 20ies too, and I find learning Japanese to be relatively easy. It's far harder to learn a language you can't read from the start but once you can read it, it's just plain boring vocabulary.

As a German I always found English to be far easier than German (Language reform back in 2000~ really messed up my writing) Learning Japanese made me realize that learning new alphabets is where it becomes a real challenge. Western brain is not tuned to smooth swirly letters. (Or syllables, rather). But nothing a bit of repetitive learning grind can't get you over.

I did not grew up with multiple languages (Really regretting that!) yes, it's a pain in the ass to learn new language in your 20ies and 30ies, but it's possible. The brick-wall you think is there, is one of immersion. You need to immerse yourself in that language to learn it properly (native speakers, native content), if you don't do that, no amount of vocabulary learning is gonna get you any further.

I too play games rather in English though And I prefer movies in original dub.

11. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 6, 2014, 04:02 eRe4s3r

Wesp5 wrote on May 6, 2014, 03:10:
    What I don't understand is that showing swasticas and killing Nazis is allowed in movies here, see Inglourious Basterds, it's just not allowed in video games...

Law doesn't often make sense, especially one from a time where the word computer was unknown

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
    5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 6, 2014, 01:26 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:40:
    eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:12:
    AnimalAlbum sounds like a great idea... but uhm.. I doubt that concept will garner much support

In essence it'll be a quiz game no? And if someone cared enough to play this game, they may as well just google "endangered animals" and browse the wiki for a day.

Yeah, but that sort of thing doesn't pique curiosity in kids unlike when you make a game of it. It seems like he doesn't really have the chops to make it, but would be better off in a designer role with a group that could.

Yeah he struck me more as an expert on Animals + ideals, than one of game design As I said, I like the idea... in theory. But in practice you gonna have to make it a hell of a lot more engaging than that to make it even remotely a decent gaming experience. And that's the frame-work to engage kids and "pique" their interest. Game gotta be fun, have some competitive element, it needs *CUTE* / *COOL* artwork and a good gameplay hook (catch them all might not be such a good hook though, as we don't wanna train future hunters hehe).

I'd have cool ideas how to make this more interesting (Extrapolate it into sci-fi or fantasy) etc. But I would probably focus more on making a fun game than to make it a learning experience.

Just not seeing this KS going anywhere

8. Re: Evening Consolidation May 6, 2014, 01:18 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:30:
    Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:06:
    eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:57:
    0 updates in 15 days, PS3 and PS4 only when PC gamers make up majority of funding source on KS

the reason it cant be on anything but Playstation systems is that the game always used the square, triangle, and circle buttons exclusively. it would be breaking tradition if they went with Xbox controller or PC. tho i would've liked to at least see a Vita version made, i'd prolly still be able to play it on my Vita with PS4 remote play wherever there's a net connection.

I think we poor PC gamers /And gamepad masochists) can find 3 buttons to bind to those 3 buttons Not to mention you can just paint cross, circles and squares on a random button and call it a PS4 controller

I am more worried that they don't give a shit. No updates in such a long time spells doom to a KS.

well from the article there's this being mentioned: [...] ó specifically, Sony systems. That's a decision that has to do with the game's legacy, according to Lesser. "This was a game that Harmonix and Sony made together, so that property belongs on Sony platforms," he said.

maybe $ony is paying them a little bit for them also? (not so "independent", eh) still i think this is worth $20 and will glady fund this Kickstarter. also i think i was in the top 50 rankings online for Amplitude around when it first came out on PS2 and have very fond memories of that game. logged hundreds of hours, and got me listening to electronica music more.

Sony owns the Amplitude IP.

Well that explains that, then.

7. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 6, 2014, 01:17 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:09:
    However, as history has shown, the U.S. and EU/NATO will support fascists when its suits them best. CIA, "Yo, let's hire some Nazi's after WW2, that 'never again' speech was just to bullshit the masses."

What I don't get is why Putin provoked this in a time where abolishing the Nato was actually a thought a lot of people would have agreed. And by the way, while the Germans are very aware of bullshit politics more than 90% !!! think Russia is not a trustworthy partner.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2014, 23:57 eRe4s3r

I think we poor PC gamers /And gamepad masochists) can find 3 buttons to bind to those 3 buttons Not to mention you can just paint cross, circles and squares on a random button and call it a PS4 controller

I am more worried that they don't give a shit. No updates in such a long time spells doom to a KS.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2014, 23:40 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
    2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 5, 2014, 23:12 eRe4s3r

AnimalAlbum sounds like a great idea... but uhm.. I doubt that concept will garner much support

In essence it'll be a quiz game no? And if someone cared enough to play this game, they may as well just google "endangered animals" and browse the wiki for a day.

2. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 5, 2014, 22:54 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on May 5, 2014, 22:26:
    It's funny that despite all their ridiculous censorship/anti-Nazi-imagery laws, Germany is still one of the bastions of white supremacy.

Ehm... you are confusing general racism with something else.... also those laws were made by the Allies and current government has simply no interest to revoke them.

If you want to talk about absurd censorship, let's talk about how since 2008/2011 most Manga's are defacto illegal.

And it's not so much white supremacy, as it is sort of inner German supremacy born out of frustration with politics (amongst other things). Many Germans simply are fed up with the multi-cultural idea that politicians propagated for nearly 60 years which the majority ALWAYS opposed. And the political class ignored this, claiming failed projects on "minority racism" which made it much much worse. And the idiotic way Europe works currently is constantly grinding away any remaining acceptance of a unified Europe (and other ethnicities)

To really understand why this is the case you'd need to dig deep into the cultural system of Germany. It was never made to be compatible with multiple cultures. If you don't adapt to German core values (As in, white skin, German sounding name, no religion In the east OR Christian in the west) then you are defacto an Alien to most.

Not saying this is a good thing, but it's not white supremacy. It's just flat out xenophobia. And it even works within Germany (See, Bavaria)

Overall this stupid censorship is just here to stay because politicians play the "fear" card to establish it, and there is no way to revoke such a laws without the political party dooming itself. (see SPD)

It's altogether a depressing as hell situation. If Germany weren't the richest country in Europe I'd move away. But fact is, as a German living in Germany is pretty damn nice...

Xenophobia leads to racism , but Xenophobia is a society wide thing. You can not "fix" that easily.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2014, 23:20.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 5, 2014, 22:08 eRe4s3r

I hope this is not all AMD has queued up.... Someone please tell me AMD is working on REAL CPU's that can outperform the 4930K (and up) in terms of performance per watt?

(in case you don't know, 4930K has "Around 3x better performance per watt" and uses about 35% less power on full load than an 8350 FX. Or basically, you run the Intel cpu for 3 years and you saved the money you paid extra in power costs... run it longer, and Intel cpu's are MUCH cheaper in the long term.

Overall, this new roadmap depresses the shit out of me. I don't car for ARM and SOC's. I want superb performance per watt. And a super low energy solution too (Intel NUC, idle power use 6W to 10W !) AMD's low power solutions are somewhere near 15W (and have higher max-load watt usage)

All depressing

This comment was edited on May 5, 2014, 22:37.

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
    3. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 5, 2014, 21:34 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on May 5, 2014, 21:00:
    I don't care what it gives, I have no desire to go back to Pandora anytime in the next 3 years.

Well, they have to severely improve the writing and I will come back At this point, 99% of the stuff in Borderlands annoys the holy socks out of me.

6673 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 15.
    < Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo