Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7404 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
19. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 21, 2014, 07:42 eRe4s3r

I use KLite Standard (MPC-HC + LAV Filters) with MAD-VR (has really nice upscaling filters)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within Soundtrack
2. Re: The Evil Within Soundtrack Oct 21, 2014, 03:32 eRe4s3r

Xero wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:24:
How can the tracks be iconic already when it just came out?

Sidenote: I hate Halloween

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: UK convicts man Oct 21, 2014, 02:34 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:44:
Bill Borre wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 20:14:
I'm probably in the minority here, but this is worrisome to me. It seems to be beginning to set a precedent for convicting someone for what they might do, and not what they actually do. And no, I'm not a manga fan and do not possess such images myself.

You're not the only one that got alarm bells. I think this is a pretty slippery slope, even if the guy that got convicted sounds pretty creepy. The main reason ch1ld pr0n is illegal is the horrific trauma endured by the children that were forced to make it. When you take out that ingredient you're getting into first amendment territory, and while such illustrations would be disgusting and abhorrent, we've generally allowed disgusting and abhorrent to be protected by the first amendment (although this case was in the UK). What next, novelists that write any passages like that will go to jail? If someone was underage their first time, and they tell that story to someone, they can be arrested?

This isn't just a slippery slope, this is the frigging cliff-side

According to the wording of that judgment
THIS -> http://imgur.com/2VkNQK2
Would fall under this judgment, and possession would put you behind bars.

Way to go UK, the thought police is winning.

Also the judge is a retard that needs to be put behind bars in an asylum. He or she is a danger to the human race.

Ps.: That image link goes to a self-drawn stick figure, not to manga or lolicon content ~.+ I jsut want to point out that I read the judgement, and if I understand it correctly, the image I made there would fall under the same law "fictional depictions of minors in sexual exploitative situations" just so you can grasp the absolute hilarious absurdness of this.

And to explain, they do not draw the line anywhere. To them ANY depiction breaks the law, including one with ZERO graphical detail. Ie. A stick figure with words that imply meaning and links that are only there in the mind of someone reading it. ERGO: A thought crime.

Currently I do not even understand how the book "Lolita" does not fall under this or any written fantasy. (or even Game of Thrones)

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2014, 02:44.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 20, 2014, 23:29 eRe4s3r

There is stupid, and then there is STUPID.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
30. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 14:11 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 12:58:
And about AI work... why do all that when people are still buying the rudimentarty stuff? Someone is going to have to make (an Indy) something that knocks our socks off AI wise, to the point we won't accept less to force the rest to move forward.

I doubt an Indy will figure out how to do an real-time AGI.. because that person would be filthy rich over night.

AGI = artificial general intelligence = machine equiv of human intelligence
AI = scripted intelligence = not human intelligence

The breakthrough you hope for would be an AGI, not an AI

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2014, 13:52 eRe4s3r

They gonna remake GITS for Live Action, that's fine.. but how exactly is that gonna work with a non-japanese main? More than a bit "odd" casting choice imo. Ps.: The entire plot won't make any sense if it's not set in japan either... so this isn't even a remake with that casting choice, they gonna have to set it in the USA where the backstory of GITS could NEVER transpire).

Imo the SAC would fit better for life action adaption.

15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 20, 2014, 13:05 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 12:03:
Xil wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 11:53:
nin wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:10:
Beware: Never Download “Codecs” or “Players” To Watch Videos Online.

Amazed people still do that shit.

you got to admit some of the pages out there are wel made -as in doing a good job to confuse people with popups and buttons and stuff..... people want to watch something, see a popup with stuff, you want to watch click yes...... I can see it happen

Yeah, I was trying to download an application to tell me precisely what was using my RAM in a better way than Task Manager a few months ago and the shady site hosting the file was one of those ones that would have a 15 second countdown then pop up "click here to download." Same thing downloading sites have done for ages. Usually, though, they also pop up the download. This one popped up a download link for a Downloader, not the actual program I wanted - I had to click the link for the program I wanted.

Sneaky. And also why I so rarely bother downloading any applications from small devs anymore. If they aren't hosting themselves, then there's a good chance it's on a shady downloading site. Hell, even CNet's Download.com has been shady for at least, what, 10 years? 12? Trying to get you to install Ask.com for every single thing you download?

Some legit filehosters also have tiny checkboxes pre-checked that if you don't uncheck them link you to download "helpers" (all scams, of course)

And I still think Ask.com is a trojan. That they even employ such tactics is imo all proof I ever needed that the site is not legit.

News Comments > AitD Creator Crowdfunding 2Dark
2. Re: AitD Creator Crowdfunding 2Dark Oct 20, 2014, 12:22 eRe4s3r

Xil wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 11:48:
little big adventure...... god I loved that, despite that crazy controls lol.

but never heard of ulule..... hmmmmm

It's a french crowd-funding site.. which is not surprising considering the problems Kickstarter poses for European projects.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 20, 2014, 10:00 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:54:
VLC and OpenELEC means never having to say "I got fucked by a Russian botnet".

They talk about browser streams ,) Some of the nefarious site link you to a trick page where you have a "plugin missing" image that looks EXACTLY like the browser warning would look, and trick you into clicking on that to download flashplayer (in name only) to watch the video.

Easy to fall for if you are not aware of this trick. (ie, non-geeks can fall for it, geeks laugh ,p)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
52. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 08:45 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 08:18:
Rigs wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 23:43:
Once the Alien actually showed up, it felt like I was just going to be running from locker to locker. Am I wrong? Tell me there are just particular areas it shows up in. And am I crazy for just wanting to investigate the station instead of run from the Alien? That's the point of the game...maybe it's just me getting old...

=-Rigs-=

If it's you getting old then it's me getting old as well because I hear ya. I've played 2 hours since the Alien actually showed up and now he seems to ALWAYS be around. Like you, I hope the game will at some point "slow down" again. There are terminals around but twice now I've been reading up on stuff while I heard the thuds of the Alien coming closer and I died quite quickly after that. Right now, I play the game in what I must call a "hasty" way. The Alien can make some crazy 180's and SPRINT into the opposite direction catching you off-guard if you choose to sneak, so I literally play this game almost running from hiding spot to hiding spot. The Alien's AI is a bit too dynamic. Sometimes it should just fuck off and reappear 20 minutes later when I've dropped my guard.

Spoilers!

This is the part I didn't like about the game as well, it's got nothing to do with your age. The Alien has a VERY aggressive timing based AI it seems, where if it can't find you after at most 90s it will actively hunt for you and lay ambushes at vents etc. And looking at the config files I see there are timers for when you hide in vents that basically tell it to "sod off into (it's) vents and ambush" etc.

It's also that as much as I love the atmosphere and tension.. this game has not gotten the balance of silence and fear right at all the Alien is too aggressive and too tenacious in it's hunt for you (ie, it stalks around last-known position very long only to wait in a near-by vent and come out at the smallest sound)

It also bothers me that the station is so linear because of all the locked doors and what not. A giant open sprawling station with dozens of paths would have been far more fun because the Alien could be elsewhere for a while and you could explore every nook, and players could ease into a false calm.. this game simply does not have that. It's near constant threat (Either androids/humans/Alien) and there is never really a true calm moment, until twice MUCH later in the game. Which absurdly after the first time is nearly instantly followed by the most annoying and horrible designed sneaking segments of the entire game) only to then be followed by even WORSE sneaking and code typing and reading, and fighting against a horde of robots and more robots that you can no longer kill. Which is by far the WORST part of the entire game. The game is too long I agree! What a rare thing to complain about, and you will not often hear that from me. But Mission 17... yeah... and the entire segment after you threw that lab on the gas giant is imo annoying as hell.

Ps.: You can explore the station later on after a certain point of the game, if you so choose. Although I haven't tried whether you can go EVERYWHERE you were before at that point. IE. whether you can use the elevators and the trams to each of the various segments and levels. And what kind of enemies there are then... I am guessing only androids?

Also I remain with my opinion that this would be a FAR better game if we played the Alien. Not scary sure, but FUN. You would have to think, and it could be a real sneaking game. It's so sad they will never make something like this, for some absurd reason.

And it also doesn't help that the lockers are only in because Outlast had them. Is everyone copying everyone else in this industry?

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2014, 08:57.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 20, 2014, 06:16 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 06:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 00:38:
This entire article about Goodreaders and all that bullshit... my god some people are such scum. Reminds me why I think the end of the world might be preferable.

Really? Because all I can think of is this is the best viral marketing for a book I would never care to read about normally.

Seriously, people need to stop seeking validation from the internet for creative endeavors. Do it because it means something to you, not because you're desperate for the attention of others.

I honestly feel dumber for having read that 'article'.

Hah, if that was the spin on that article that would be ingenious But I could honestly believe that there is a "blogger community" that is basically so in-bred in group-think they would slam a fledgling author for any reason just to proliferate their own group-think.

And... mhh I guess I wasn't talking about that article specifically, I clicked around and googled the actual site and read some reviews of the "blacklisted reviewers" and stuff It was pretty damn depressing what these people did. And that site (goodreaders) doesn't do anything about it.

To me my main decision factor for e-books is still Amazon reviews.. and I am honestly a bit confused where to even go for "proper" e-book reviews now....

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 06:07 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 04:31:
What am I enjoying about it? The world, the characters, the dialog, the weapons, the loot, the combat, the quests, the story. No snide remark here. But I am also not going to apologize for liking a game (I'm not really sorry that it depresses you despite what I said, but I hope you get some Prozac or something). If you want to look down on me for my choice of entertainment that's your prerogative.

And if you think about it, the "default Bluesnews community reaction" is a reasonable one. What's it to you if people like a game that you don't?

I wasn't really depressed anyway But if I didn't care why you like a game or not then what would be the point of talking about games or replying to you ;P? Communication is a 2 way street and I do like to know why people here think what they think.

So thank you for replying, in fact while I appreciate if people agree with me (who doesn't?), it is far more informative to have a proper dialog with people who don't

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 04:00 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:32:
Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:15:
That people buy this uninspired BL2 clone is so utterly depressing.

Sorry for depressing you but I not only bought it; I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

But what are you enjoying about it? To me this is like the most boring game series of the century. And that's coming from a major Diablo fan. I get what it is about loot, but the loot in BL sucks. The shooting doesn't feel good and the setting is beaten to death after 5 DLC's in BL2.....

There is literally nothing in this game that makes me want to buy, let alone play it at this point. I am a bit confused what people find about that game so fascinating that they buy it for full price. Absurd. And the season pass after the bullshit they pulled in BL2? No.. it's really just depressing. ^^

Let me be the first to give you the default Bluesnews community reaction: "Wow, is it so hard for you to fathom that *gasp!* not everybody shares your opinion and that they can actually enjoy a game you find boring and uninspiring?!" Followed by some unnecessary snide remark.

I, however, am with you. I have no idea how people can enjoy a game so shallow. What I find most crazy about BL is that MP is just like SP, just with extra players running around hunting for killshots. No real co-op additions other than revival, trading and the vehicles.

I wouldn't mind that reaction, but I don't care if others care for my opinion. I do however care to know why others buy this game. By understanding that, I could understand where they are coming from.... currently I simply can't.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 03:37 eRe4s3r

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 02:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:47:
Maybe, but subjectively what someone perceives is what he perceives. It is not something for you to judge ;)

He's entitled to his opinion, and I'm entitled to disagree with his opinion. Also, the tutorial for traps was done in Chapter 2, he was on Chapter 3 so there's no excuse for not knowing to crouch.

That particular trap he shows is the 2nd trap in the game

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 03:32 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:15:

Sorry for depressing you but I not only bought it; I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

But what are you enjoying about it? To me this is like the most boring game series of the century. And that's coming from a major Diablo fan. I get what it is about loot, but the loot in BL sucks. The shooting doesn't feel good and the setting is beaten to death after 5 DLC's in BL2.....

There is literally nothing in this game that makes me want to buy, let alone play it at this point. I am a bit confused what people find about that game so fascinating that they buy it for full price. Absurd. And the season pass after the bullshit they pulled in BL2? No.. it's really just depressing. ^^

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 01:47 eRe4s3r

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:08:
To quote mac
"And no doubt there will be an army of fanboys blowing sunshine in this games arse" ;)

I can say the same about Mac fanboys

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 01:08:
Also the game tutorial said "Space,Y" to disarm a trap-wire in that scene. It doesn't say you have to crouch. It only said that on the FIRST trip-wire, not on the second. And having a popup there that says "Press space to disarm" completely voids the tutorial from before.

That's why its called a tutorial, they tell you once and expect you to use that knowledge for the rest of the game. Gamers nowadays need their hand held for everything instead of figuring it out themselves.

Maybe, but subjectively what someone perceives is what he perceives. It is not something for you to judge And having watched a few let's plays of that scene, more than half of them walked into it because pressing space doesn't actually work, and the tutorial popup there is actually bullshit. It should say "remember, sneak up to tripwires and other traps and defuse them with SPACE,Y" that would have been good tutorial design.

Also I am not a fan of mac, but I watch a few of these channels regularly so that I keep up

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 01:08 eRe4s3r

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 21:51:
Prez wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 21:38:
Shadows of Mordor and Evil Within are two polarizing games. Mac's "Worth A Buy" review absolutely destroys The Evil Within and says he can't think of one redeeming quality of it. Of course he is VERY particular about what he likes and doesn't like...

Just saw his video review and I could barely stomach his tone and rambling nature. Then he talks about the awkward controls while he's trying to disarm a trip wire STANDING UP.

To quote mac
"And no doubt there will be an army of fanboys blowing sunshine in this games arse"

Also the game tutorial said "Space,Y" to disarm a trap-wire in that scene. It doesn't say you have to crouch. It only said that on the FIRST trip-wire, not on the second. And having a popup there that says "Press space to disarm" completely voids the tutorial from before.

Either way, mac has a peculiar taste and if he doesn't like a game he slams it. Contrary to what his short videos suggest, he plays ALL games through before making a video.

The controls are however absolute shit. And needing 3rd party tools to fix the FOV (And not just the letter-boxing, absurdly to fix the letterboxing you change the fox to be more zoomed in so you need to "hack" the "hack", which is horrible and a testament to ID Tech 5...

Sigh, and fucking ID Tech 5.... I hate that engine with such passion It is a really bad engine. The physics are horrible, the animations look clunky... everything seems like it's disconnected in that engine.

Oh well.... To each their own I guess.....

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 00:50 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 00:08:
Holy shit Rigs... spoilers much?

That spoilers barely 4% of the game....

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 00:49 eRe4s3r

The only thing sad in this list is Borderlands: TPS

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 20, 2014, 00:38 eRe4s3r

This entire article about Goodreaders and all that bullshit... my god some people are such scum. Reminds me why I think the end of the world might be preferable.  

7404 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo