Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6962 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 18:41 eRe4s3r

There is a joke there somewhere...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3 Aug 5, 2014, 18:37 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 18:28:
TotalBiscuit pretty much gives you all you need to know in his video.

It's like an even shittier version of a shitty ARPG.

Except Sacred 2 was awesome

Whatever this new game is, it ain't Sacred.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2014, 18:36 eRe4s3r

Ok.. the cow video was.. way trippy Awesome  

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin
13. Re: Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin Aug 5, 2014, 17:58 eRe4s3r

I don't get the anger... It's free, I don't care where. As long as it's truly free..

When was the last time Steam gave you a free game? And EA even held their promise to make Sim City 5 work offline... to me, Steam is far more evil with all their bullshit.

1 example. Banned TAGS, you never wondered why tags never include listings like "No DRM" or "Console port" ? That's because VALVE BANS THESE TAGS. Any tag that does not improve sales is BANNED. And people prefer that bullshit over Origin?

Hah!

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta
13. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 17:45 eRe4s3r

Overon wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 17:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 01:53:
In a sci-fi IP so expansive you'd need 10 books just to set the baseline? And they come up with... orks vs space marines? Mhhh... I want to play Elders on a Worldship... RPG, Mass Effect style, make it happen WORLD!
Worldship? Craftworld! Good day sir.

That's what translated books do to you.. Craftworld, of course! I wonder why the owners of this IP are so massively inept at managing it though. Wh40k could be a major franchise, but.. it's really not. Baffling

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 16:24 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 15:00:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:44:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 13:03:
a computer that takes 7 minutes to boot up must to ancient, maybe they need to upgrade them.

Not even an 8086 takes 7 minutes to boot up, from floppy yet.

I've had plenty of work laptops that take that long to reboot. New machines, but with all the security it takes them forever.
Hell, reawakening my current laptop from hibernation will take forever before it's usable. I should time it sometime. It's over five minutes before I can actually get into the browser. An actual reboot is usually faster, I think, since it isn't pushing 7 gigs of data back into the RAM, but not by much.

.. from Hibernation to browser... less than 3 seconds here... what.. how.. is 5 minutes even possible? Even my Ancient 486-DX2 66 booted way faster than 5 minutes. On a 20mb HDD held together by duct-tape. Heck my screen takes longer to "boot" than my PC

Mhh, thinking about it, what your laptop is likely doing is dumping RAM to disc and then shutting off, what you think is Hibernation is actually lowest level energy state possible, in which ram is not powered. On turning on, it loads the entire ram-file back into the ram, a process that can take VERY long indeed.

If so, shutting it OFF (properly) may be a lot faster....

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 01:53 eRe4s3r

In a sci-fi IP so expansive you'd need 10 books just to set the baseline? And they come up with... orks vs space marines? Mhhh... I want to play Elders on a Worldship... RPG, Mass Effect style, make it happen WORLD!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2014, 16:41 eRe4s3r

the-register needs a slang to English translator No brit talks like that  

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2014, 00:50 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:55:
Saboth wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:13:
I don't hear explosions after playing, but many times I'll have restless nights where I continue playing a game while sleeping in dreams and wake up exhausted.

I get those too, and hate them. Generally a sign I have to put that title aside for a few days.

Not frequent, but it sucks when they happen...like my brain can't shut off.

All I can say to that is that I am lucky apparently... because I am playing some games as much as anyone else (heck, I think I played ME3 in 1 sitting!) and D:OS in 3... but for shutting your brain down I would STRONGLY advise reading up on how to do this properly, there are routines you can develop that basically will always guide your dreams into proper paths. Ever since I follow my own routine I am not waking up exhausted anymore.

Can't really tell you what to do.. because everyone is different. But for me I have a story I continue every night in my head which I expand every night until I am asleep Works 9 out of 10 times. I think that's when people meant when they said "count sheep" it has nothing to do with sheep. It's a ritual, a routine you need to find that calms your brain and nerves and everything.

That, and a time buffer.. for me it's 30 minutes that I absolutely have to maintain. If i can't keep it because I am already in bed.. then I just read something on the web or watch youtube vids on my tablet...

Before I came up with this ritual I had the same issues.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 3, 2014, 16:31 eRe4s3r

For the Brotherhood!  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
28. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 13:42 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 05:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 01:20:
That's a common phenomena and directly attributable to the school system and a societies values... in the end you want people not to do what your cousins do, you have to offer them a future that consists of more than just working and family. Let's face it, life is not there to be working 40 years of it and then when you are old and fucked up trying to enjoy life with your broken down and sick or just plain OLD body.
Well, that's what PC games are for.

This entire society actually makes me sick. But it seems we are on a good way to a 3rd world war anyway.
Well, I'd hardly say that. The number of wars, and deaths during such wars have been in steady decline in the past 100 years. I used to live across the river from the largest sub base and sub factory in the world. Submarines, being the most difficult to track and destroy part of the nuclear triad meant that said sub base was target number one, even moreso than Washington DC. Certainly the Soviets had dozens of nukes pointed at this single city, a mere 3 miles as the crow flew from my house. How many days did I awake to the sun streaming threw my window into my face dreaming that the USSR had just nuked the base and I was ten seconds from incineration? Dozens and dozens and dozens. Even with Putin's regional aggression, I feel much safer today. I don't live near that sub base any longer, but I do now live only a few miles from US Pacific Command, a Naval base full of top of the line US Naval vessels. Certainly Russia still has nukes pointed here, but I feel much safer than I did 20 or 30 years ago.

Well, for me Poland is a direct neighbor, and when we have 8 NATO training deployments scheduled in a month that previously had 1 ! and evidence that Russia is moving heavy tank, AA and artillery brigades to the borders to invade the East Ukraine things look slightly more worrisome. What you call regional aggression is directly bordering the EU. And Putin is the type who'd invade the Ukraine with 0 flinching... if he actually did that we'd have a cold war deluxe. Nato would be forced to employ it's entire strength* to the EU borders with Russia because the close countries would be screaming bloody murder for protection.

*And since NATO was close to being dismantled, this means EU as a whole is gonna have to re-arm itself... that's not a way to peace....

22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 02:35 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 01:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:25:
Because it's the job of a society to protect the weakest... what kind of argument is "then don't use it" .. that can only come from someone with ZERO understanding of children. If that kinda logic would work on them the world would be a better place indeed....

Given that logic, we should outright ban all forms and places of communication because they have the potential to be used by a small group of people to harass other people.

Which is in fact something I'd advocate, but only for children.

Surely I mentioned before that I hate children? But more than children I hate mobbing. And children that mob other children should imo be punished heavily. Guantanamo etc.

20. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 01:20 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 22:52:
Well, I have two cousins who were brought up that way. Where are they now? Sitting at their parents home, in their 30's never had a job, afraid of going outside, and basically hiding from society.

So yeah, my argument basically boils down to: The world is a nasty place, you have to face it sometime.

That's a common phenomena and directly attributable to the school system and a societies values... in the end you want people not to do what your cousins do, you have to offer them a future that consists of more than just working and family. Let's face it, life is not there to be working 40 years of it and then when you are old and fucked up trying to enjoy life with your broken down and sick or just plain OLD body.

This entire society actually makes me sick. But it seems we are on a good way to a 3rd world war anyway.

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 2, 2014, 22:20 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 21:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:25:
Because it's the job of a society to protect the weakest... what kind of argument is "then don't use it" .. that can only come from someone with ZERO understanding of children. If that kinda logic would work on them the world would be a better place indeed....

Really? I thought it was the idea of learning to stand up on your own, and make important life decisions and being able to grow that was important. But I guess if you want to coddle people, and bury them in safety blankets. Then one day they can experience the whole evil, nasty, asshole world and then get triggered by it, that's okay too.

Your argument is basically "children are like adults and should learn like adults" which is absurd. I won't even comment further on that To me, children are worth to be protected from the evil asshole world. Because a child committing suicide may really not see a way out. Something an adult with a goal in life might see different. The real problem is that schools pump out brain-dead zombies who think working is the only reason of existence for a human being. And those same people vote the radical batshit insane crazies in power.

So basically, when can we nuke this planet? ^^

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 2, 2014, 19:25 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 18:46:
Bullshit like Secret or Fourspring should just be banned outright. Problem solved.

Why?

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 2, 2014, 18:46 eRe4s3r

Bullshit like Secret or Fourspring should just be banned outright. Problem solved.  

11. Re: Into the Black Aug 2, 2014, 15:31 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:49:
Cabezone wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 13:48:
Needless Danger? It's called life, not everyone just wants to sit at home in a safety cocoon.

mmm...safety cocoon... nice and warm...

If that cocoon had internet, OLED screen, 2nd generation consumer VR goggles and a PC I wouldn't mind..

8. Re: Into the Black Aug 2, 2014, 02:16 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 01:45:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 23:48:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:42:
No spoilers, but the story has a great set up, great payoff, and a realistic, but inspirational ending.

Well, I will not dispute the article is expertly written, and the guy acted heroically in the end, but holy shit, these type of 'heroism in the face of needless danger' stories always depress and infuriate me.

It's like that story of the guy who went off hiking on his own over dangerous terrain, fell into the chasm with a boulder and had to cut his own arm off to survive. Yes, it's an amazing story of survival, but what the fuck, common sense?

Anyway that's my take, glad you guys enjoyed the article and found it inspirational, even. Stories like this make me want to start a habit of drug or alcohol abuse.

Well, I agree that the guy who went hiking alone and lost his arm was taking unnecessary risks, but as the article points out you're more likely to die being struck by lightning than in a skydiving accident. It's a safe activity, relatively speaking, and the company had a good safety record. What's amazing is the what that guy did when faced with the situation he was in.

But there are a lot more lightning strikes than sky-divers Anyhow.. crazy story

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall: Frontier's Edge
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall: Frontier's Edge Aug 1, 2014, 22:18 eRe4s3r

Trevellian wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 17:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 00:48:
No amount of DLC is gonna save this game... servers empty ~.~

Myself and 3 friends logged in the other night and had no problem getting matched with other players.

Lies.

Germany -> tried to play just now 30 minutes of match-making and nothing.

Game is dead.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
28. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Aug 1, 2014, 12:13 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 00:55:
How do you propose someone defends against a situation where he's put in jail because of a false judgment? By hoping?

1) Class action lawsuits are civil suits. Someone being put in jail is a criminal suit.

2) Fighting against a criminal suit that wrongly put you in jail is done through an appeals process, so it is considered part of the original criminal suit. This isn't the same as starting/joining a new (civil) suit.

Ergo, Latin, you're comparing apples and chunks of coal.

That said, it seems there's no difference as far as most states are concerned.

Well, granted it was a really bad comparison, but for both civil and criminal justice systems you need a lawyer, and thus you need to be allowed to take a lawyer.

No idea really how US system works, but if a civil lawsuit goes like this because they can't deliver a LETTER to someone in prison then it seems the justice system has worse problems than just bad postal service.

6962 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo