Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6855 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 9, 2014, 19:42 eRe4s3r

I love when people claim women are 50% of gamers with no proof. What classifies as a gamer? Bejeweled every few weeks on a phone?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month
4. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 19:05 eRe4s3r

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 19:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 18:47:
D:OS taught me one thing... never again a beta for an RPG It spoils so much...

While your point is valid, you can beta the UI and other elements in non story-line areas such as the lobby, during character creation, inventory management and NPC management in the initial areas.

Also, since this is using the Unity engine..certain technical aspects need to be checked for basic compatibility and performance such as audio and micro-stuttering and hitching.

I'll be happy to test Pillars of Eternity for you eRe4s3r.

Please do, I hold you accountable for any ease of use features missing

I just want.. you know.. an unspoiled RPG experience for once. D:OS was fine but it robs you of a lot of the first "wow" effects. I had to FORCE myself through Cyseal...

News Comments > Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month
1. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 18:47 eRe4s3r

D:OS taught me one thing... never again a beta for an RPG It spoils so much...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2014, 02:02 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 22:28:
I wonder if those Brazilian players are safe. Violence against soccer players has been known to happen in Brazil. 7-1 is just humiliating in a world cup semi-final game.

It's not just humiliating, it is setting several new records This one went down into history.. and I have seen it it live (on tv ,p)... even as a German cheering at the first goal I was baffled and bewildered at the 2nd to 7th.. I can't even put it in words.. never seen such a game before, and I have seen a lot of games.

I mean, I didn't even get to cheer properly for the 2nd goal, because by the time I realized we might be winning we already had 3 more... what an insane game...

And I got to hand it to the US team, they had a good tactic against Germany, they only lacked some high skilled strikers and they would maybe, maybe have gotten to a penalty shoot-out.

Of all the teams in this WM, only Algeria managed to really fight us to the end so far. And personally I hope final is going to be Germany vs NL But that's just because it'd be another history duel.

Don't forget.. no game is ever the same. The final is not going to end 7 to 0 for Germany But at least we saw one of the craziest games in history of football WM.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2014, 02:07.

News Comments > Habitat Early Access
3. Re: Habitat Early Access Jul 8, 2014, 15:37 eRe4s3r

It needs a complete art style change imo.. flying robot head of the freedom statue doesn't immerse me one bit....  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 8, 2014, 10:50 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 10:09:
I wonder how long till the robots start unplugging themselves.

Let's hope the robots are made by apple, because then they will have security bugs that are never fixed

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 18:44 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 11:03:
i wouldn't trust that thing for a million bucks. hit a thick patch of water, or bounce down the slide the wrong way, catch a little air under you, and you're flying off into space. yes i could see they put fencing around it. have fun being extruded through wiring at terminal velocity.

edit: i believe there's a video out there of this exact thing happening. dunno if it's on the same slide though.

That could only ever happen if a SEVERE storm surge would catch that thing at exactly the right moment... and you can assume the operators would have closed down LONG before such stormy conditions arrived. That construction probably wouldn't survive a hurricane in the first place.

But dangerous? Please... the thing is clearly designed so you have about 5% velocity left at the top, and without additional air pressure pushing you, you would probably not even get over the bump into the 2nd slide...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 15:50 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 08:40:
Watch Sunset Overdrive's intro cinematic, 8 minutes of gameplay.

The one xbone game I wish I could play...

From the gameplay vid I'd have to ask "why" Pretty non impressive

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 6, 2014, 22:35 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 17:55:
DrEvil wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 16:28:
Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 12:17:
Or maybe he was acting.

Or maybe he's a man who's been married since 1992 and has children of his own and so is empathetic towards the needs of children?

Or maybe the center of the moon is made of cheese.

Or maybe this is the most absurd trail of comments in a long while here....

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 6, 2014, 21:18 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 20:58:
|RaptoR| wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 16:57:
Mobes, tabs? Jesus that's cringeworthy

Somebody isn't familiar with British tech slang.

Let's nuke it from orbit! It's the only way to be sure....

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 6, 2014, 19:56 eRe4s3r

|RaptoR| wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 16:57:
Mobes, tabs? Jesus that's cringeworthy

I came here to post nearly the same thing as you did ,p I cringed when reading that.. theregister as usual, I half expected kotaku, but even kotaku wouldn't write "mobes and tabs" (smart phones and tablets) and "beam vid" (stream) ;p

And when you think about, why the heck would I want to stream 4k videos from my smart phone to my 4k TV ... huh?

Also what they talk about here is hilarious, it's basically a new wifi standard that nobody except qualcomm pushes.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 5, 2014, 23:02 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 22:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 21:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:34:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:19:
There's something about BoingBoing and Cory that aggravates me and I can never figure out exactly what it is.

I dunno, the fact that all he does is engage in hyperbolic clickbait maybe? So some German site makes a claim - totally unsubstantiated - and thus the NSA is watching Boing Boing and its users. Rolleyes It's a garbage site.

Lmao, Tagesschau is "some German site" ?

If Tageschau airs it on the fucking 8pm news, which more than 33% of all Germans watch, daily, then it's not "some unsubstantiated claim" . Besides Spiegel Online that's about the only news media in Germany that actually fact checks. And Spiegel Online confirmed it. Just for your reference. Besides you can check the code yourself, the NSA xkeyscore selector code is findable on the Internet, and it does indeed list boingboing.

And here, further proof with download of the actual relevant stuff
http://daserste.ndr.de/panorama/aktuell/nsa230_page-1.html

That would require reading stuff. I'm surprised Cutter mentions "some German site", reading the first paragraph is more than he usually bothers with.

Probably ;p

But this time it just made me cringe more than usual.. because the actual selector information is even linked on boing-boing, as a txt file. To call this claim unsubstantiated is.. absurd. Even for Cutter

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 5, 2014, 21:01 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:34:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:19:
There's something about BoingBoing and Cory that aggravates me and I can never figure out exactly what it is.

I dunno, the fact that all he does is engage in hyperbolic clickbait maybe? So some German site makes a claim - totally unsubstantiated - and thus the NSA is watching Boing Boing and its users. Rolleyes It's a garbage site.

Lmao, Tagesschau is "some German site" ?

If Tageschau airs it on the fucking 8pm news, which more than 33% of all Germans watch, daily, then it's not "some unsubstantiated claim" . Besides Spiegel Online that's about the only news media in Germany that actually fact checks. And Spiegel Online confirmed it. Just for your reference. Besides you can check the code yourself, the NSA xkeyscore selector code is findable on the Internet, and it does indeed list boingboing.

And here, further proof with download of the actual relevant stuff
http://daserste.ndr.de/panorama/aktuell/nsa230_page-1.html

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
45. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 3, 2014, 00:30 eRe4s3r

jimnms wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 20:57:
Darks wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 09:40:
Hey jimnms, the steam version is DRM free. you just run it through steam. there are no DLLs from steam in that version at all. I checked, I have the steam version. Not one dll to be found from steam.

I know the Steam version is DRM free, but my physical copy is the collectors edition and I still need to wait for it and use its Steam key to get the CE goodies on Steam. Since I have the extra key I want to redeem it on GOG.

That's kind of shitty that the public GOG release of the game is delayed until the end of August. I know they said it is to release with the GOG Galaxy thing, but there was some evidence posted in the forums that Larian made a deal to give Steam a 2 month exclusive.

GOG already changed that (after much storm..), they'll release in a few days...

News Comments > Sacred 3 Preorders
3. Re: Sacred 3 Preorders Jul 2, 2014, 21:06 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 21:02:
Did the people that formerly made up Ascaron make this or did they sell off the IP?

Deepsilver owned the IP.. and yeha, it's a different studio

Keen Games
Makers of such shovel ware as
Virtual Villagers (2009, Nintendo DS)
What's Cooking with Jamie Oliver (2008, Nintendo DS)
TNT Racers (2010, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Playstation Portable)
Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery (2007, Nintendo DS)

This developer never before made a PC Game, yet alone a hackn's slash.

44. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 2, 2014, 19:58 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 19:35:
Today I realized something that makes me doubt my combo...

Kinda the main art for DOS are the two companions, always 1 male 1 female. The default companions in character creation are also 1 male and 1 female. The thing is, I've chosen to play with 1 male Cleric and 1 male Rogue, but now I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some more interesting companion dialogues/content.

Did the devs say anything about that?

You don't miss anything, as far as I can tell... (level 14)

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Bridge Constructor Playground
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Bridge Constructor Playground Jul 2, 2014, 19:49 eRe4s3r

Haha... after 20 versions they finally managed to do it.. they reduced a super challenging puzzle game to... an arcade sandbox that even braindead zombies can solve.. congrats!  

38. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 2, 2014, 06:04 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 23:48:
Axis wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:50:
Game rocks.

Melee gets much stronger later on.

Anyone can use the specialty arrows, you can make a real nice hybrid ranger. I do Ranger/Mage after having put about 40 hours into the beta pretty much just testing character combos...

Yep, I give Madora one point of Dex and then she can use a Bow and then depending on the situation, since this has terrain effects, you can't get in there safely melee wise, you can have her use Specialty Arrows like she's a mage.

The melee is fine if you can get in there. But there are ways to really crowd control mobs in this game and you don't want your melees in the middle of that shit storm.

Of course you do Witch spell +50% elemental res flips the resistance over from damage to healing when they are above 100%! I can have Madora stand in a flailing storm of fire and poison and she doesn't care. (and even gets healed by fire). It only lasts 2 turns, but 2 turns of healing in fire as opposed to damage is HUGE

I really like this game I am very much enjoying my real playthrough, finally out of Cyseal.. but I love the combat. It's so.. visceral

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 21:27 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:18:
I've been playing through with my Knight/Ranger combo(Not the strongest pair, it seems), picked up a mage NPC, maybe a few hours into the game. I've yet to notice any major bugs, but there are definitely a few grammar/word errors in some of the conversation text. The Larian guys speak English as a second language, right? I wonder if they did in house localizations or something, or just didn't have time to fully proof-read all the conversations.

Aside from that, the vanilla quests seem good, engine is great, although I definitely need a runspeed mod or something, crossing the first town takes entirely too long on foot. Also, hopefully I find some portal stone or something at some point, the Waypoints are nice but I'd like to be able to teleport back from random spots to the Waypoint of my choice.

I definitely recommend this game for those people sitting on the fence.

Melee seems a bit weak, Rangers/Mages seem to rule early on. Hopefully my Knight improves a bit once he gets some more speed/action points and can start dishing out more hits.

I can't wait to see what the modders come up with.

I know I should have written down exactly where and when each grammar error was and emailed them in to Larian, but I didn't want to stop playing.

Go in the healer house in that town and you get access to not just teleport, but teleport devices, instant teleport to TP, and instant teleport to any other portal.... or do the main story quest and investigate the room at the bar

Don't skip the town, every building is relevant

As backer I still don't have access to my ks reward stuff though. Despite it saying kickstart edition. What a launch Oh well, I am up to level 4 now and they really improved the AI inbetween beta and this. It is actually pretty damn challening now

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
12. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 11:51 eRe4s3r

This is a trend I hope nobody else imitates...  

6855 Comments. 343 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo