Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6312 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter
12. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 12:14 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:03:
Can I just say that whenever I read "dungeon...." of any kind in a news post here on blues I secretly hope someone makes a REAL dungeon keeper sequel? Not in name, but a clear cut evolution of gameplay, for a mature audience with extremely dark humor?

And no, that 1 remake does not seem like it will be that. Looks too cartoony, too childish. DK2 was already tending too far into the "cute and happy" area. Compared to DK1 anyway.

Have we given up on War for the Overworld?

The name of the game sums it up no? Overworld... bleh! I want to build DUNGEONS

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 11:03 eRe4s3r

Can I just say that whenever I read "dungeon...." of any kind in a news post here on blues I secretly hope someone makes a REAL dungeon keeper sequel? Not in name, but a clear cut evolution of gameplay, for a mature audience with extremely dark humor?

And no, that 1 remake does not seem like it will be that. Looks too cartoony, too childish. DK2 was already tending too far into the "cute and happy" area. Compared to DK1 anyway.

2. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 10:05 eRe4s3r

Necrophob wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 10:03:
"You'll battle not only unimaginable foes..."

I'd imagine there will probably be orcs and goblins and shit, right?

Elves, little girls and cats as well....

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 11, 2014, 05:37 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 22:44:
AC4 sells 10 million units and that's considered only "solid"? I wonder what their expectations were.

They figured AC4 could compete with GTA 5 I guess.... but a Publisher that's making a profit is always a good thing. Ubisoft makes plenty of interesting games...

And at this point I am really worried all that UTTER CRAP on mobile platforms will slowly spill over into PC gaming. So let's hope the remaining big publishers (NOT EA/ACTIVISION) will still make proper games. Fact is micro transactions have infested PC gaming already and it needs to die.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2014, 06:01.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 10, 2014, 15:19 eRe4s3r

Good thing you already own the entire season then eh? ;p  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 18:58 eRe4s3r

Panickd wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 18:19:
Why is GoPro going public? They're already a very successful multi-billion dollar company. Why would anyone in their right mind give up any control over a company like that?

Greed?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 15:55 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 14:02:
Google Tops Exxon Mobil to Become World's 2nd Most Valuable Company.

Information is the new oil?

This is why the "age" we live in is called "Information Age" Even CIV5 had it. ^^

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2014, 15:48 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 14:55:
nin wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 13:51:
Wow, looking at the steam top sellers in the client, Thief is at 58! Car Mechanic Simulator is outselling it!

Maybe because it hasn't been out a full week yet? Or is that a daily measure?

Thief (are we talking about the remake?) is out? Whut? When?

Ah... it's only listed.. 2 weeks away till release and I didn't even know it's available for pre-order already... are they just not giving a shit PR wise or what is this.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 9, 2014, 15:24 eRe4s3r

Some manual assembly required....  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
12. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 14:26 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 13:24:
Given that this game is all people have been talking about for a solid week and a half, no, this isn't a pr thing to create demand. We've had three or four topics here about this, reddit and buzz feed can't shut up about it, ign reviewed it and got hundreds of comments in minutes...

sorry, Creston, you're wrong. This is already the game most in demand in the world. Removing it at its peak isn't going to boost it.

as mentioned below, he's been called a thief, a fraud, and a ripoff artist. By more than just cutter (who calls everyone these things, but also called this guy these things.) USA today has even covered this. Whether he is a fraud or not isn't a question in the games community but in the mainstream. Because, like I said, this thing needs no pr because its the biggest game phenomenon since minecraft. At least in the mainstream.

and if you created something simple and suddenly it had people, not just in video games but everywhere, saying you were some kind of dickhead fraud that used bots to scam everyone (which cutter has alleged, the scamming everyone) you may retreat too, guilty or not.

It's a mobile game... about tapping a bird through a obstacle course... who the fuck finds that in any way engaging or worth this much drama?

A crappy game got mainstream attention, heck, mainstream is the very definition of CRAP. So.. weee

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
42. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 9, 2014, 08:49 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 06:26:
The issue is not the delays. The issue is the complete lack of up front and honest adult-to-adult communication.

Sometimes I think you are just arguing over this for the sake of argument. While you are right that there is no email talking about delays there is in fact a giant news post about it everywhere, and everyone who cares about this project even a tiny bit knew that April 2014 was completely unrealistic. Sawyer even SAID that the day after the KS finished where they noticed that they couldn't change the date on the KS anymore. Nobody thought about that during the crazy funding period.

It's likely the next email will talk about this delay. By the way, April is still 2 months away.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Feb 8, 2014, 13:15 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 11:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 02:26:

Yeah and they'd be wrong. It wouldn't be awesome, it'd be a total clusterfuck. Not to mention that can't ever work as long as you have load screens at every door.

LOL, you are right, mankind would never be able to overcome such feat. If there were never multiplayer games, you'd argue it couldn't be possible I reckon.

What is this I don't even..... Skyrim + COOP = Impossible. Your post makes no sense.

12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 12:59 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 12:27:
My bone of contention is these KS' should be coming out with their original plan on schedule and the stretch goals as DLC/expansion stuff later on like Shadowrun is doing with the Berlin campaign. Most of these games all have editors and claim to be iterative enough to warrant several playthroughs so there's no reason not to do it that way.

Uh... I can only say, I massively disagree. If a Kickstart project would pull this stunt I'd revoke my pledge.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 11:31 eRe4s3r

They do have that choice... and it's called stream or piracy  

2. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 10:08 eRe4s3r

Indeed, a good RPG needs time... rush jobs serve no one I am super glad Pillars of Eternity TAKES that time.  

News Comments > Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released
2. Re: Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released Feb 8, 2014, 08:28 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 20:32:
Last time I heard about these guys, they were complaining about sales, which is understandable. I guess they're thinking that a demo will help that, but I don't think demos actually help sales. I think they do nothing or make you lose sales. It's a shitty thing to say as a player, but as a dev, it makes sense. If people like your game after reading about it, seeing media and watching lets plays, they'll pay for it. Giving them a demo gives them a chance to not like the game, or even be satisfied with the demo alone.

This sums up my opinion as well, especially games where the "only" hook is the gameplay itself. Not say, a engaging story or extremely dynamic gameplay that is never the same (but limited in a Demo).

If you played these games once you played them all. Especially 1 trick ponies (1 gameplay element the entire game is built around) sounds nice and makes a nice game maybe. But if you played it once you seen it.. so why bother seeing more of it?

News Comments > Steam Adds Discoverability Options
12. Re: Steam Adds Discoverability Options Feb 8, 2014, 02:54 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 00:48:
My Request:

Downloads: I would really really like if they'd associate the date when the games are updated. Right now it just shows a time. Bleh.

They should also show the version number of the patch straight in the download window. Steam has gotten so confusing to use, you never know what patch you are on. And this is a real problem when you want to use mods. And Workshop specifically should NOT auto update mods. Broken about a dozen CIV 5 games for me with that nonsense....

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Feb 8, 2014, 02:26 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 20:53:
Saboth wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 18:52:
I agree with the article. I really can't stand playing with other people. There's always that guy that steals your last kill when you have collect 10 quest and you wait around for respawns. That's not epic. You felt like a real badass in Skyrim, but in MMOs, you're just another shmoe paying his monthly fee hoping to eek out a purple that will be obsolete in a month. The best times I had in an MMO was back in Everquest, where the world was so huge and disconnected, you could explore an area for hours and never see another player.

I think there ARE a lot of people out there who think "It would be AWESOME to play coop Skyrim with my bros!" The solution to this, of course, is not an MMO, but rather a coop mode for Skyrim. It's a lot cheaper too.

Yeah and they'd be wrong. It wouldn't be awesome, it'd be a total clusterfuck. Not to mention that can't ever work as long as you have load screens at every door.

News Comments > Valve Prevails in German Lawsuit
13. Re: Valve Prevails in German Lawsuit Feb 7, 2014, 16:58 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 16:29:
How would reselling "used" digital licenses work anyway? I don't really see that being a very profitable business model unless someone is taking a nice healthy cut.

I'd happily use this system if someone takes a 50% cut. Heck, if there'd be a way to get rid of X Stillbirth from my Steam Account I'd pay someone actual money.

News Comments > Valve Prevails in German Lawsuit
10. Re: Valve Prevails in German Lawsuit Feb 7, 2014, 16:05 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 15:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 14:04:
This was by the way major news here in Germany... and the diplomatic response was pretty damn angry. Maybe the US should hire some people who aren't total dipshits into their diplomatic positions....
You're acting surprised at this? Canada acted the same way under the Liberals to the US, the US acted the same way under Obama to the Conservatives in power. Diplomatic responses were also pretty damned angry, and then it dropped off the front page. Though under the Liberals they ran with the anti-US sentiment for over 5 years on it.

I am well aware of the diplomatic bullshit bingo games that are played So no I am not surprised. But our head of state is so deep in the sphincter of US diplomacy that ANY response is news worthy here... of course I am not expecting any actual consequences anyway ,)

6312 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo