Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8712 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
63. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 16:15 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:01:
Slashman wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 14:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 13:54:
Yeah. And as we can see FPS getting added to Squadron 42 was the $29 million stretch goal, unlocked on 11/22/2013. It was added in almost a full year after the KS campaign. The original backers never pledged for this bloated shit. Quote:

Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42 – The team at Foundry 42 has big plans for Squadron 42, and we’re going to provide extra funding to make it a true spiritual successor to Wing Commander! Squadron 42 can go above and beyond anything you’ve seen before. From opening with an epic battle instead of a training patrol to missions that seamlessly combine boarding and space combat, we aim to put you right into the action! Additional funding will let the team realize this, with enhanced mission design and more resources and animations to enhance fidelity.

Yeah. They are totally going to pull this off without a hitch. Plus the MMO part too...no problem. Wall

Don't forget private servers too!

And "full mod tools" (stretch goal and KS promise)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 13:22 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:18:
That other Sony article is even worse.. the headline does not agree with the actual content ;p

"The biggest downside to PlayStation Now is that it's just so darn expensive"

So how does it turn a Smart TV into a fun gaming system?

What does one have to do with the other?

Fair question

I include the prices and selection of games and the terms of use in my evaluation of how fun a gaming system is

To me the price of something is a major factor... paying "rent" for a game that is not part of a subscription that you are already paying is also not fun (a point the author doesn't even mention!.. over 100 games are not part of the PSNOW subscription service and thus you have to pay RENT on TOP of a possible SUBSCRIPTION)

Well, this gives an Smart TV a gaming offering, so that's great. But is it fun to have 2 different catalogs for sub vs rented ? Or these absurdly high prices for rentals?

In the end an experience is only fun if you are happy with it. And being constantly reminded that you have to pay makes it inherently unfun for me

TL;DR.. I like owning things

43. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 13:03 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 13:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:35:
SQ42 contains first person elements, but not full on FPS combat as I heard it.. but could be wrong.

Yep, you're wrong. They are now planning to implement full fledged FPS missions into Squadron 42. It is going to be a mix of space game and FPS.

Maybe it's more first person roleplay elements? That was definitely on the table during the KS. Walking around the hangar, chatting with crew and stuff..is all FPS too.

First person gameplay IS NOT THE SAME as first person SHOOTER which the 'S' in FPS stands for. Sheesh. Yes. First person gameplay was always on the table but first person SHOOTER (in Squadron 42) has not been a part of the Kickstarter deal. Ever.

Ah.. well that sucks then...

btw, with FPS I mean the camera and control style, not the gameplay in terms of SHOOTING stuff But if they really made SQ42 a shooter with flying then I would find that really SHIT. I backed a space opera, not a shooter!

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2015, 13:32.

34. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 12:35 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:06:
Dacron wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 11:58:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that...

FPS delayed indefinitely

But then there's this - new German office

Where this new office is apparently creating content for the FPS and SQ42 campaign. At this point I don't think anyone has any clear view as to just what's really going on - Chris Roberts included.

SQ42 contains first person elements, but not full on FPS combat as I heard it.. but could be wrong. Maybe it's more first person roleplay elements? That was definitely on the table during the KS. Walking around the hangar, chatting with crew and stuff..is all FPS too.

Either way, as Backer I also don't give 2 shits about FPS combat. I backed a space game, and I was against FPS combat for the record.. and yeah, flame retardant suits required if you as original backer voice your opinions in how this project maybe got a bit DERAILED

Btw, no idea where that Freelancer comparison even came from either. This game was supposed to be a vastly better Wing Commander (in terms of Squadron 42) and that is ALL I backed it for at the lowest possible level. And WC has plenty of walking around on stations and ships and talking with people. Although personally I'd have preferred Mass Effect style walking around. Why it *had* to be first person I don't know.. as this adds a TON of cost to the art design...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 12:29 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 11:36:
I agree, woman's can be pretty dirty, just in a different way.

I think the obvious reason US women do so well in the world cup is that we have a strong tradition of young girls playing soccer while boys are generally told to go play football and bash each others heads in because soccer is a girl's sport.

That said the culture on football as the world knows it is changing, I think in large part to latinos who have brought a love of the sport with them as they've immigrated here. It may take 20 years but we might just be a major player in men's soccer as well.

And hey, that bad call penalty kick from the US vs. Germany. There were some pretty shitty calls in that Germany v France game that led to you guys advancing so hey.

Yeah, as I said.. US won deservedly and I am kinda glad we didn't make 3rd place either. The level of play our team showed didn't really deserve to be in the semi or final games imo.

It's kinda sad when I as German cheer for the US team but that is how it was. They played vastly better and it was FUN to watch them. 5 goals vs Japan is nothing to sneeze at either, though Japan also qualified through questionable ref decisions.. and there is the whole debate with the quality of playfields, which I hear was "beyond bad" as someone near the German team put it.

I hope next time womens soccer is on PROPER fields with PROPER grass. And not this plastic granulate crap. And next year it's gonna be on my calendar... this year I nearly missed the entire first half of the damn games, because they happened in ungodly time slots (beyond midnight in Germany.. wtf..)

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Trailer
3. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Trailer Jul 6, 2015, 11:28 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 11:18:
Slashman wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 11:12:
So now I need to get around to actually playing the first one which is sitting in my Steam library installed and ready to go.

Where oh where is my time machine so I can clear my Steam library?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've heard good things, especially once they got it patched up (the initial steam release wasn't pretty, I hear).

They patched it up to passable levels... now it's certainly.. uh.. unique and somewhat interesting to play... and I wonder if the devs are still lurking around here on bluesnews?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 11:15 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:32:
And a lot of my British mates really into football love woman's soccer. They say it's a way faster and cleaner game than the mens. None of that nonsense rolling around on the ground trying to draw a penalty, they just bounce back up and get back into it.

Plenty of dirty moves in women football.... and just as shitty referees. My god.. US vs Germany had one of the worst referee (completely wrong for US penalty !!!!!) decisions in that entire tournament. (And I am not saying that because we lost ,p)

It's true they don't have the rolling around in pain fake move mastered yet.... but the fouls are the same, probably even worse (I saw plenty of pulling of hair and punching), and the referees are just as bad. So same game really, maybe even more violent to some extend.

20. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 11:12 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:15:
All I care about is Squadron 42.. and once that releases the game can die, because modders can take over so whatever...

Which part of Squadron42 do you mean? Part1, Part2 or Part3? Since it's supposed to be coming in an episodic format (if at all) what guarantee do any of us have that it will ever be released to completion? I mean since episodic games have such a long and historic record of success that is...

The first part would be enough if it is moddable.... I don't expect to see part 2 of that in my lifetime

12. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 10:28 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:23:
Not sure what I wanna see more: an awesome game, once it's done 3 years from now, or this shite turning out as the worst con-debacle of the century. All the popcorn in the world wouldn't be enough in case of the latter, and that's coming from a guy who was looking forward to this game once. A long time ago.

I think as backer your best action is to completely ignore this until you get an email that tells you where to download the release ;p I know that's how I rolled with this, and it turned out very relaxing.

That said I recently watched a few Hangar or what was it episodes and that was.. the absolute.. worst shit ever. Zero information value... some derp talked about how he didn't like rain... tons of questions from chat ignored.

Meh ;p

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 10:22 eRe4s3r

Well played by the US women and well deserved, they ABSOLUTELY deserved that win.... Germany sucked and couldn't hit a barn-door from up-close, Japan sucked.. basically a different class of football.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 10:18 eRe4s3r

That other Sony article is even worse.. the headline does not agree with the actual content ;p

"The biggest downside to PlayStation Now is that it's just so darn expensive"

So how does it turn a Smart TV into a fun gaming system?

10. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 10:15 eRe4s3r

All I care about is Squadron 42.. and once that releases the game can die, because modders can take over so whatever...  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jul 6, 2015, 07:42 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 18:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 15:25:
harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 13:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 01:06:
NetHead wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:24:
...Someone will die writing clickbait headlines.

So why post them, more traffic only encourages it.

Because it is the responsibility of the reader not to click, not of the news poster not to post.

no its the responsibility of actual journalists to promote actual journalism, and that means not posting sensationalist garbage that has no journalistic value

however its the responsibility of entertainers to post entertainment, and thats whats happening here

this is not a journalism site, its an entertainment site - dont fool yourself

What? Bluesnews was always an news aggregator Never a journalistic site.

i guess you didnt read my comment? i said its an entertainment site, not a journalism site

and thats what it is, entertainment news, specifically news about video games

along with all the tabloid nonsense that goes along with it

Yeah I actually intended to agree with you, but I blame 41°C heat waves.... imo what you said is exactly the reason that we should not "filter out" clickbait articles, because they are part of the gaming news culture. However much bullshit as they may be...

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 6, 2015, 05:15 eRe4s3r

Graham wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 01:55:
The neckbeard is strong with this thread.

Can't understand why Apple is popular? You probably like fucking with technology. For those out there who don't, it's gloss, shine, and 80% functionality. That remaining 20% is too fucking confusing (for them) to be worth it.

Don't you get it? It's great that you can change your dialer or swap out your web browser, or upgrade your video card... but for 9 out of 10 people that you meet they not only won't do this, but they actively will avoid it if at all possible.

It's embarrassing that you can't see it. It's shocking that you don't get why Apple is raking in money hand over fist. It's amusing that you think they're going anywhere any time soon.

It shows how very out of touch you are.

Actually in this case it would be 90% that are out of touch ;p Just because the majority does it, doesn't mean it's good or right.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 5, 2015, 15:25 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 13:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 01:06:
NetHead wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:24:
...Someone will die writing clickbait headlines.

So why post them, more traffic only encourages it.

Because it is the responsibility of the reader not to click, not of the news poster not to post.

no its the responsibility of actual journalists to promote actual journalism, and that means not posting sensationalist garbage that has no journalistic value

however its the responsibility of entertainers to post entertainment, and thats whats happening here

this is not a journalism site, its an entertainment site - dont fool yourself

What? Bluesnews was always an news aggregator Never a journalistic site. And since he aggregates news, I think he should not be filtering it aside for the relevance to gaming.

If you think a headline is clearly click-bait, then you don't click it. Problem solved. And if blues already points out it's click-bait, then he even took the burden of you to notice ;p

News Comments > Op Ed
67. Re: Op Ed Smart on Star Citizen Jul 5, 2015, 15:21 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 09:46:
Bub wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 08:32:
Near impenetrable user interfaces is part and parcel of any space sim above arcade quality.

No, it's part of a shitty game design by someone that has zero understanding of usability guidelines. Any visual interface can be made easy to understand. Failing to do so, is the direct failure of the person designing that GUI and not "mark of a great sim"

While an understandable and intuitive GUI is great, it's not always possible to have one. I mean, just look at the DCS games where people spend days figuring out the controls. And it's based on real, military vehicles. I don't think someone would design a combat vehicle with bad controls. It's that complex because it needs to be.
So are civilian aircraft and space sims.

It's incredibly difficult to design a good UI.

I think DCS has great user interface, graphical and otherwise It's even 1:1 to reality if you have the right hardware. "All" you need to do is learn the actual weapons platform and how it was designed to be used. DCS itself also has elements of course, but since it's a SIM, the sim is at it's best when I don't have to interact with anything but the plane I am flying.

But that is why I said *GUI* and not *UI* Graphical user interface elements are what interacts with the player, (UI) controls are what player uses to interact with your game. And DCS has a proper tutorial that teaches you all elements of (certain) planes. That is part of GUI. As the tutorial has to tell you stuff, show you stuff and react to you failing to do that stuff. In DCS the tutorial teaches you literally how to fly a plane if you are patient enough. That is imo the sign of a great SIM where people who made it really gave a damn.

A bad GUI is when you have a trading building space simulation (X Rebirth) and you can't queue orders for your freighters in the trading overview without redoing the same 6 step process over and over again and when CANCELING 1 of these orders requires you to cancel ALL of them. Imo it is a false argument when someone says that a GUI is hard. No, a GUI is not hard, someone just has to design and polish it for usability. If all you do is go by a checklist of features and implement ways players can execute these functions, without care for usability then the result is a shitty GUI.

Ps.: DCS has however a TERRIBLE rebind screen and not because it's not "polished", as anyone with a Saitek joystick knows ;p Certain stuff is simply messed up because of windows controller handling being a mess, hence you fiddle around with DCS controls in your profiler app and just map whatever default key is to some function on a joystick.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2015, 15:30.

News Comments > Op Ed
66. Re: Op Ed Smart on Star Citizen Jul 5, 2015, 14:46 eRe4s3r

dsmart wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 09:46:
Near impenetrable user interfaces is part and parcel of any space sim above arcade quality.

No, it's part of a shitty game design by someone that has zero understanding of usability guidelines. Any visual interface can be made easy to understand. Failing to do so, is the direct failure of the person designing that GUI and not "mark of a great sim"

Said the guy who has probably never played any simulation, nor has any inkling as to what GUI means. Love those buzz words, eh?

Whatever man, whatever.

I will hold this hilarious comment in honor for eternity ,)

Also that you actually believe gamers Bluesnews do not know what a GUI is or what usability guidelines are... speaks volumes about the magnitude of your ego, and the reason people here consider you their own personal bridge troll.

The hilarious part being that I actually talked about X Rebirth here.. but whatever man, whatever.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered
2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered Jul 5, 2015, 14:34 eRe4s3r

The difference being that MacOS is like 0.5% of the steam market So nobody cares I'd assume.

I give huge credit to Square Enix for being honest though and not hide behind bullshit excuses like WB

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed Smart on Star Citizen Jul 5, 2015, 09:46 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 03:36 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 01:47:
How is this the first time I'm hearing of Line of Defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYGgju1R2o
This video of this guy struggling to play the game has a youtube comment from Derek Smart telling the guy to RTFM in only the beautiful way dsmart can.

Not to mention Derek Smart must look pretty smart now that we know that Early Access IS a games actual release in terms of sales and first impressions of first release EA release are what decide your economic fate <3

8712 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo