Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6667 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
13. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 15:46 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:46:
Meh, I thought the first Darksiders was too button-mashy and consoly. I quit after an hour. Didn't bother picking up the 2nd one.

Darksiders 2 is actually a far better game than DS1 imo I liked it, and I mean, I really liked it (100% completion)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
8. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 11:32 eRe4s3r

Wolfox wrote on May 12, 2014, 11:11:
BitWraith wrote on May 12, 2014, 10:18:
Wolfox wrote on May 12, 2014, 09:59:
I hope they patch the issues still present in Darksiders 2. Still glad to hear the series is not dead.

Yeah I still have some stuttering and lag issues on PC - and my computer is well capable of playing this game.

It's even worse with the DLC - problems with savefiles may crash the game when loading savegames with DLC content. Not sure if there's an unofficial fix somewhere.

Thankfully I had neither of these problems, but I doubt you will see fixes for that....

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Into the Black May 12, 2014, 04:51 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2014, 22:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:03:
And one can tell you are angry over someone not agreeing with your opinion. Which is far more FAIL than the review. Who are you to call this guy's experience worth less than your own? Not everyone experiences a game the same way you do and saying that only your way is the right way is beyond absurd and childish.

Anger? Please. Pointing out when someone is doing something the incorrect way is not anger. He isn't reading the on-screen instructions and gets angry when what he's trying to do isn't working. Children do better than that. Still fail.

From what I saw in let's plays that is what a lot of gamers do though. Point is, he is not representative of all gamers, but the review most certainly is representative for some. And the fact that you can miss the level up girl is something you see happen to a LOT of gamers that didn't spoiler the game before playing. If you know how level up works in this game, you would actually be looking for her. If you do NOT know this, you would NOT look for her. And so there is a real chance you might not ever find her.

And please, reading the manual? In 2014 ?

Ye guys just need to learn and accept that reviews are not obligated to confirm your views Personally, I don't care for reviews to begin with, but I wish reviews for Banished would have slammed it hard for obfuscation of information. That is a SIN in game-design.

Not sure how much of that really applies to DS2, as you might have gathered, I can't even *start* the damn game.

10. Re: Into the Black May 12, 2014, 04:41 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on May 11, 2014, 22:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:03:
NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:53:
The guy sucks at the game, and RPG's in general apparently. He got to the only "town" in the game and didn't properly explore and talk to all the NPC's? At that point in the game there are only 5 people there, lazy. He clearly isn't bothering to read the on screen instructions as he's wasting his effigies by burning them. You can tell he's used to playing games that have mandatory tutorials for everything and UI's that take up half the screen with maps, objectives, directions, etc. Fail.

And one can tell you are angry over someone not agreeing with your opinion. Which is far more FAIL than the review. Who are you to call this guy's experience worth less than your own? Not everyone experiences a game the same way you do and saying that only your way is the right way is beyond absurd and childish.

This review has as much legitimacy to be there as any other.

By the way, to this day Dark Souls 2 simply crashes to a black screen for me at start of the game creates an empty corrupt save and nothing happens. Would be nice if the fucking devs were actually fixing this. So from me DS 2 gets 0/10 points

Is this related to the multiple monitor issue, or are you experiencing something different?

Different issue. On Steam there were 2 kinds of major issues reported, multi-monitor/HDMI white-screen crash vs pressing new-game loads video but instead of proceeding to the game it get's stuck infinitely creating an corrupt save and no way to get past that point; and I am having exactly the one they didn't fix. I have no idea why this works on my 2nd pc and not my gaming rig. This is literally the first game I ever had problems like this with.....

Not sure what I am really supposed to do with that. I did sort of like DS1 but I can't even get DS2 to start

And it doesn't help that every time I try something, there's an unskippable video sequence... YAY!

6. Re: Into the Black May 11, 2014, 21:03 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:53:
The guy sucks at the game, and RPG's in general apparently. He got to the only "town" in the game and didn't properly explore and talk to all the NPC's? At that point in the game there are only 5 people there, lazy. He clearly isn't bothering to read the on screen instructions as he's wasting his effigies by burning them. You can tell he's used to playing games that have mandatory tutorials for everything and UI's that take up half the screen with maps, objectives, directions, etc. Fail.

This review has as much legitimacy to be there as any other.

By the way, to this day Dark Souls 2 simply crashes to a black screen for me at start of the game creates an empty corrupt save and nothing happens. Would be nice if the fucking devs were actually fixing this. So from me DS 2 gets 0/10 points

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2014, 20:41 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on May 11, 2014, 20:16:
Dirwulf wrote on May 11, 2014, 17:07:
jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2014, 16:54:
Dirwulf wrote on May 11, 2014, 16:19:

800 games? I call bullshit. I guess it's possible, if you buy pieces of shit like Infestation. You must have a CoC...Catalog of Crap. You probably paid into Earth: Year 2066 lol.

I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility. I've got more than 350 games on Steam, 50 on Gamefly, 20 on Origin, 50 on Android, and about 50 or so boxed copies dating from the 90s through a few years ago. And I have done a couple of boxed game purges in my life getting rid of about 100 games each time.

Also, I think Prez's Steam account alone is up over 2000.

Have any of you been outside in the last 20 years?

Yup and I still have my farmer's tan from last year!

I never understood what people have with their skin being burned. To me, absolutely no tan is way more sexy than tan. And especially a really strong tan turns me completely off. Not to mention how these girls and boys then look when they are older. Makes em look like a worn leather bag. And nothing turns me off even more than a tan, except humans looking like leathery bags. ...

But to add to the topic, I probably own about 600 games too, not that hard considering I am gaming for what amounts to nearly 20 years now. I still have my original Baldur's Gate box (Although I threw away a shit-ton of boxes when I moved, only my favorites are on display in my gaming/entertainment room ;p

But I assume you guys are not counting NES and SNES games... because I have.. literally all of them. (or at least, 97% of all) thanks to a *cough* rom dump I gotten a few years back. Now I have them all on my tablet ;p

1. Re: Game Reviews May 11, 2014, 16:05 eRe4s3r

I wish more reviews would punish games HARD for obfuscation of information. That is not making a game difficult, that is making a game a pain in the ass to play.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2014, 13:54 eRe4s3r

Dagnamit wrote on May 11, 2014, 13:42:
CSB time.

Thought I'd try Dark Souls before purchasing Dark Souls II. I did not know that sitting at a bonfire respawns enemies on the level, which I find to be utterly pointless grindy bullcrap. ragequit. Now, I was getting into the gameplay and the environments are as cool as advertised.

Questions, 1) does DS II do away with the respawn nonsense? 2) if that was the only part I hated about the first 15 minutes of DS, should I buy DS II, because I'm obviously a filthy casual? Thanks in advance!

Enemies don't respawn in DS2

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 11, 2014, 13:07 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2014, 04:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2014, 18:35:
Saboth wrote on May 10, 2014, 16:14:
Red wrote on May 10, 2014, 14:20:
Sprint's sole marketable feature is unlimited data. So now users consuming 5GB/mo can expect even slower speeds than what Sprint's notorious for? Are they trying to run themselves out of business?

I agree. We've got Sprint, almost solely for this reason. Not that I'm using 20 GB a month or anything, but I do usually coming in around 5-6GB by streaming music all day and watching videos. Other than unlimited data, I wouldn't see sticking with Sprint. They only offer 3G in our town (despite forcing you to pay the $10 a month 4G fee), and while coverage in town is good, once you start to travel it's hit or miss.

heh.. 6gb
161gb for me last month That's a "low" month ;p not throttled of course and for 30 a month... sigh

That's 6GB of mobile data. Are you saying you did 161GB of data over your phone last month?

Ah.. no of course not For phone traffic you'd pay through the nose here...

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 10, 2014, 18:40 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on May 10, 2014, 16:14:
If it gets bad enough, couldn't all these internet and tech companies who oppose the dismantling of net neutrality come together and work on bringing something like Darknet to the common-folk and create a new type of internet if it were to go through?

...or would that be wildly illegal because it supports terrorism and harms children?

Already exists, Internet2 - 1000gbit international connections US/Germany/Europe ... I got to use it a few times in my old it job ;/

But to use it they would have to literally dig a channel with fiber to your door, with custom (Very expensive) non stock hardware... and you'd need a server-room. Because your home router can't handle 1000gbit ;p

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 10, 2014, 18:35 eRe4s3r

Saboth wrote on May 10, 2014, 16:14:
Red wrote on May 10, 2014, 14:20:
Sprint's sole marketable feature is unlimited data. So now users consuming 5GB/mo can expect even slower speeds than what Sprint's notorious for? Are they trying to run themselves out of business?

I agree. We've got Sprint, almost solely for this reason. Not that I'm using 20 GB a month or anything, but I do usually coming in around 5-6GB by streaming music all day and watching videos. Other than unlimited data, I wouldn't see sticking with Sprint. They only offer 3G in our town (despite forcing you to pay the $10 a month 4G fee), and while coverage in town is good, once you start to travel it's hit or miss.

heh.. 6gb
161gb for me last month That's a "low" month ;p not throttled of course and for 30 a month... sigh

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 10, 2014, 14:48 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on May 10, 2014, 13:22:
Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2014, 12:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2014, 10:58:
PHJF wrote on May 10, 2014, 07:02:
I once ordered a cable that was labeled as retail. It was really inexpensive so I had my doubts, and when it arrived it was OEM. I mentioned this in a review.

Shortly thereafter I got a phone call (wtf) from the seller pleading with me to change my review, proclaiming I was endangering his livelihood.

Ehm, so basically you complained for getting something of equal quality cheaper? Because that's what you did. There is no physical difference between OEM and RETAIL, but for the seller you mentioning this in amazon reviews brings up a huge legal issues and potentially blacklisting from Amazon store.

Also, it's pretty weird customer behavior to complain about that.. considering the seller saved you actual money.

Are you trollin? If it says retail package then it better be a retail package not some shit in a ziplock bag.

Pretty much that exactly. The item sold needs to match the description exactly. And any good seller knows that.

Yeah yeah, but In case of a cable there is no difference between OEM and retail. Except price and packaging

Mislabeled, sure.. maybe. But he kept the item and it functioned perfectly, no? And he paid less..... That's not something I would ever complain about.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 10, 2014, 10:58 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on May 10, 2014, 07:02:
I once ordered a cable that was labeled as retail. It was really inexpensive so I had my doubts, and when it arrived it was OEM. I mentioned this in a review.

Shortly thereafter I got a phone call (wtf) from the seller pleading with me to change my review, proclaiming I was endangering his livelihood.

Ehm, so basically you complained for getting something of equal quality cheaper? Because that's what you did. There is no physical difference between OEM and RETAIL, but for the seller you mentioning this in amazon reviews brings up a huge legal issues and potentially blacklisting from Amazon store.

Also, it's pretty weird customer behavior to complain about that.. considering the seller saved you actual money.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders
13. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders May 10, 2014, 10:00 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on May 10, 2014, 08:51:
Seriously, who doesn't have Prime? Do you still buy stuff in stores or some shit?

Why would I have prime when I rarely if ever buy something physical online?

12. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders May 10, 2014, 09:59 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on May 10, 2014, 08:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2014, 07:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on May 9, 2014, 23:58:
$100? SANS shipping? Are they fucking crazy?!

By the way... in Germany all Amazon orders are free shipping above 20 value.. ;p

Unless it's "FSK18" - 5 EUROs p&p.

And too many games/movies at German Amazon are censored versions, so "free shipping" is not a reason to buy this sh... in these cases.

Very true, but for that you got digital retailers

7. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders May 10, 2014, 07:33 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 9, 2014, 23:58:
$100? SANS shipping? Are they fucking crazy?!

By the way... in Germany all Amazon orders are free shipping above 20 value.. ;p

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
17. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 10, 2014, 04:16 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 9, 2014, 20:46:
ForgedReality wrote on May 9, 2014, 20:04:
...But it's on Origin. Euch!

Meh, Origin's not that bad. Took me three tries to install and register, which was a pain and frustrating, but since then I just leave it off unless I want to play an Origin game. I probably have a dozen or so games on there, most of which came from the Origin Humble bundle.

Not to mention you have the CHOICE not to update games. In case of modding that is a vital choice indeed.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Revealed
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Revealed May 10, 2014, 03:55 eRe4s3r

We have science, very awesome, many wow, such amaze

Trailer unintentionally reminded me of a MEME ^^

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
11. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 16:05 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on May 9, 2014, 11:26:
That was an often heard complaint when Win 8 came out, that PvZ wouldn't run full screen. It's pretty hilarious that that still hasn't been fixed.

Hard to fix when the game runs at what.. 800x600 ? at least feels that way when you switch to windowed... probably more like 1024x768 but you get the idea ,p

Anyway.. free games are always nice....

News Comments > Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer
6. Re: Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer May 9, 2014, 12:31 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:00:
It just goes to show that there are many different gamers in the world, for me Anno 2070 + Addon is nearly mind-numbing simple (As in, there is barely any challenge unless you switch on combat or play for specific self-set goals).

The early game was simple but later on when you get into research this and that the game just kind of lost me.
Maybe I'll load it up again this weekend and give it another whirl

Ah.. yeah Research can be a bit difficult to set up. Especially 3star Academy level research is not something you'll see working in 2 or 4 hours game-time It requires massive infrastructure and proper trade-route configs....

I dunno how much time you have to spend on Anno 2070 but for me average game takes like.. 30 hours.. I like seeing stuff just "work" that I setup though I am probably a borderline insane eco-sim player, for me it needs to be absolutely complex to be in any way or form interesting or entertaining. But not a spread-sheet (ala EVE), complexity needs to come from production steps and progression. Seeing all your setup production chains work right, is a great experience imo

6667 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo