Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7321 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 23:21 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:25:
I had to run a system restore on my system because Windows kept on hanging at the start up screen likely caused by a driver shitting the bed. When I finally got back to my desktop, I went to fire up A:I and noticed it was greyed out.

My system restore did something I never thought was possible and removed the game and thus my save files. So now I have to spend another eight hours to download and play catch up for another seven or so and I just don't feel up to doing it right now.

Sort of extinguished the flame of wanting to play the game for now.

What did you think "system restore" is doing? It images changes since last restore, and restores them ALL for ALL activated drives (settings on a drive let's you disable that)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 21:38 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:26:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:04:

Your house sounds a bit unusual.

It's possible the dude lives in a rough neighborhood. In real bad spots it not unusual to have bars on your windows, reinforced door etc. Of course if you live in a regular neighborhood it'll just make your house look like a complete fucking psychopath lives there.

You'd be surprised. This is a peaceful outskirt near Berlin on a steep straight hill road. 5 houses here have steel shutters, electronically closing ones, reinforced ceiling windows and doors, motion detections with lights and alarms. Solid iron fences and I think 2 at least have hidden cameras. And most of them now have protected cars and solar panels with synthetic DNA. We have regular police information meetings how to better protect the houses and cars/valuables to reduce incentive for break ins and theft. Break ins are a huge issue in the polish German border regions.

If I were allowed, I'd install sentry turrets.. but sadly the state doesn't want that.

Also it helps with insurance payments. ^^

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 21:31 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:50:
Someone TLDR ... it's Gamasutra...

Ps.: I don't get how Internet threats can drive you from your house.. seriously. Who the fuck cares about some nutjobs on the internet? I mean we all know they exist..but leaving my house, and my computer over that? Haha... never. Whoever comes to me better be armed and armored.

Well, every now and then someone goes off the deep end.

Then again, I have an actual functional 1h broadsword next to my bed.... makes you sleep very well at night. And also metal shutters and a door that is metal reinforced, reinforced grating over the cellar windows and locks in every single window. Whoever lived here before me was way more paranoid than me....

Your house sounds a bit unusual. Still you have to leave its safe confines now and then. And even here in the states wearing a gun on your person isn't a guarantee of safety.

The good thing is in Germany someone pointing a gun at someone is extremely rare....

And yeah, this house is an oddity where I live except I think others have taken inspiration... many here have same level of protection. That said I rent it, so whoever lived here before from what I can tell, was a state foreclosure guy. Basically if you ran out of money with huge bills, he'd come (state order) and confiscate stuff for the state to sell to reduce your debt. I guess he had some serious paranoia... whatever the case thanks to that mystery dude I have a house that could survive the zombie Apocalypse with ease

And I honestly think people being such jackasses on the Internet need psychological help. But this article is not helping the victim this is only helping gamasutra. And I find that much more deplorable than death threats on the internet. Over phone or mail? 100% straight to police. But internet? Meh. On the internet 9 out of 10 times people are just bullshitting.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2014, 21:41.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 12, 2014, 18:36 eRe4s3r

pixel art metroidvania

and that is where i stopped reading

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 18:33 eRe4s3r

ChaosEngine wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:50:

Ps.: I don't get how Internet threats can drive you from your house.. seriously. Who the fuck cares about some nutjobs on the internet? I mean we all know they exist..but leaving my house, and my computer over that? Haha... never. Whoever comes to me better be armed and armored.

Then again, I have an actual functional 1h broadsword next to my bed.... makes you sleep very well at night. And also metal shutters and a door that is metal reinforced, reinforced grating over the cellar windows and locks in every single window. Whoever lived here before me was way more paranoid than me....

Nobody and nothing could make me move out my home with threats.

Did you read the threats? They're pretty horrific, and they also include the victims home address.

Pretty easy to act the internet tough guy when it's not you that's being threatened.

I don't read gamesutra and I don't click on gamasutra So if you don't TLDR the threats I have no idea. But do you believe I am on the web for 15+ years and don't know how fucked up some people can be? No threat on the tubes is worth to leave your home for.

And rule 1 of the internet, don't believe anything from a opinionated source. And gamasutra is the SJW hellhole deluxe. Nothing from them has any truth value to me.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
46. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 12, 2014, 16:51 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:47:
Indeed, sometimes positions can not be negotiated to a compromise if they are so fundamentally opposed. In the end it's a fact that like anything that can be consumed as media the resulting opinions will be as numerous as there were viewers...
I have sort of enjoyed being the one defending a game for a change. I'm usually on the other end. I suppose I just have a soft-spot for Square JRPGs. Granted they pretty much all are absurd.

You might be taking them a bit too seriously if you're hating on poor Chocobo-chick in Sazh's afro. Pretty much all JRPGs are full of absurd nonsense to a degree. Even the sacred FFVI's of the world.

In the end, I paid $10 for FFXIII on PS3 and despite finding it tedious and absurd on many levels, I chose to let myself enjoy the game for what it was. At least we can agree that the game had some incredibly amazing graphics!

Yep it had very nice graphics, and honestly fantastic CG sequences. And even if nonsensical at times, they were well directed from a cinematographic standpoint

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 15:50 eRe4s3r

Nobody and nothing could make me move out my home with threats.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2014, 16:00.

44. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 12, 2014, 15:47 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 19:57:
But we obviously agree to disagree.

Indeed, sometimes positions can not be negotiated to a compromise if they are so fundamentally opposed. In the end it's a fact that like anything that can be consumed as media the resulting opinions will be as numerous as there were viewers....

And when I am honest, FFX13 had already been on my "shit-list" when a bird flew out of that guys Afro. Honestly, could you start a game any worse after a fancy (and extremely stupid) action sequence? A bird in a black guys afro... that's.. I am sure that's racist... somehow. And if not racist, then it probably violated some animal rights law.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2014, 16:01.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 11, 2014, 23:41 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 22:46:
Flatline wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 22:33:
It's obvious why Kickstarter is over. Star Citizen's 60 million dollar stretch goal is to replicate all projects on kickstarter, ever.

in-engine? That would be AWESOME!

But each in-engine game would suffer from feature creep and development of each in-engine game would be split over 5 different studios (by the way, when has game development like that ever worked?)

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 11, 2014, 23:39 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 21:21:
Neilsen is investigating this internet thing. It may have some potential as a media delivery system.

News from next week... "Nielsen says: Internet just a temporary FAD, will never catch on!"

News Comments > More Trion DDoS Attacks
8. Re: More Trion DDoS Attacks Oct 11, 2014, 23:21 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 21:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 18:45:
Or maybe the are hosting their servers in a place that can't spell the word DDOS protection. There is specialized hardware (relatively cheap, for a data-center) that can stop LOIC attacks with ease.
And we know that it's LOIC how? They're not saying anything, and they could be using syn or ack floods. Blocking and gutting udp and icmp attacks have been easy since '00 since the first round of asshats figured out how to use "ping" to do the same thing.

It's the rumor I heard This has to be script kiddies... who else would want to ddos a small mmo developer otherwise? A botnet ? For what purpose? There is no money to be made with this. Unless someone is trying to make Massive pay some money for protection.... and if that is the case, they should have talked to the FBI or whatever their national equiv is...

In the end, I think it's script kiddies.

And by the way, there is/was currently a massive botnet attack going on, so it could be that their servers are just collateral damage and not even the target. But maybe that's just a hardware seller claiming things that aren't true.. either way. Massive is not a professional run outfit. I think you could take them down with LOIC

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2014, 23:30.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 11, 2014, 19:49 eRe4s3r

D4rkKnight wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 14:14:
I think a 6/10 is a more appropriate score for SHC2. It took them almost 10 years to go back to the same game as SHC1 with 3d graphics - I guess everyone is just happy its not as bad as SH3, maybe in 10 more years they will have a true sequel that doesn't suck.

SHC1 had moats, more towers.. ok and less siege engines and units, so it isn't even on the same level as SHC1 imo ... I am just really sad Fireflies studios does not seem to have the money nor the skill to make a proper castle sim. What's worse is that barely anyone else even tries their hand in this sub-genre... can you imagine Stronghold 1 was one of the first games I really enjoyed back then. And since then it's been "meh" kind of games coming from Firefly.

News Comments > More Trion DDoS Attacks
5. Re: More Trion DDoS Attacks Oct 11, 2014, 18:45 eRe4s3r

Zarkonis wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 14:56:
Someone's really got it in for these guys.

Or maybe the are hosting their servers in a place that can't spell the word DDOS protection. There is specialized hardware (relatively cheap, for a data-center) that can stop LOIC attacks with ease.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 11, 2014, 17:41 eRe4s3r

My biggest KS hopes are not yet out Dreamfall Chapters and Pillars of Eternity....

And the other 2 things I backed (D:OS and PA) were ok.. I guess....

Aside those only Torment 2 interests me.

I have a few other things backed where I gotta admit "the hell was I thinking" like MAIA, which to this day is nowhere near what was promised. And the other is very obscure, Spaceship construction thingy.. ehm

www.starshipcorporation.com was it?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2014, 16:07 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 14:30:
Autonomous Swarmboats? Clearly nothing will go wrong with this technology!

Is it wrong by me to WANT something to go wrong?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 11, 2014, 15:06 eRe4s3r

Belkin explains why nobody should own Belkin hardware  

39. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 11, 2014, 11:12 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 00:38:

And if you don't understand why the l'Cie tried to fight their fate instead of giving up (and turning Cieth)...then you once again fail to comprehend the story. The story is about responding to tragedy and deciding to fight against tyranny (the Fal'Cie) even if you don't know if you can win.

They did not try to fight their fate, they did exactly what their curse dictated them to, heck the group even splits up over this. In the end even the game writers noticed this and had to cop out and magically return everyone back to life or the game would have been over with everyone being zombies and/or dead and the evil having won.

And don't tell me that is "explained". They were zombies. End of game. Nowhere ever was there any proof or mention that zombies can turn back. Thousands of people before them, never turned back. The zombies that were not them but still around? Oh yeah, they also never turned back. Someone turned into crystal? Oh yeah, they suddenly turn back to.. (so how exactly is cocoon still being held by crystals?) because why the fuck not? Who is the villain in this game? The writing? If the writing decides when people turn back and when not without rhyme or reason, then maybe we should be fighting the writing.

I am not mad at *you* I just have a very low opinion of FFX13

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 11, 2014, 00:26 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 23:22:
Worse that EA???

Well let's say equally worse

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2014, 18:59 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 15:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 15:30:
MajorD wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 14:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 10:52:

Of course it'll be hilarious if EA buys them.

GASP! I wouldn't find that funny whatsoever.

But I would find the following shit-storm very funny And it's not as absurd as it sounds. It's either gonna be Google, Apple or EA

Maybe Actiblizz? Hearthstone was written using Unity, wasn't it?

Mhh yeah, that would be much worse

35. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 10, 2014, 18:58 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 16:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 15:31:
Haha, I am sorry you know... it just rubbed me the wrong way. I am a fan of JRPG's

I hear if you shout really loudly and sound angry over the Internet you can silence people who have different opinions.

Never failed me

But if FFX13 is seen as an example of good story telling and characterization then sorry, but someone is wrong on the internet And the internet is serious business after all

7321 Comments. 367 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo