Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9280 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
1. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 10:35 eRe4s3r

Likely issues caused by Denuvo ^^  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Patches
20. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 3, 2015, 09:14 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 13:20:
I think the pressure of the trigger is probably something you'll get used to with time (although it is definitely a little loose for my tastes). Your finger will also learn to react and stop your press when the haptic goes off. The controller certainly seems to require more... accuracy or self control to use. You can't just wildy squeeze and press buttons as hard as you can.

It will definitely take a few months for the feature set to stabilize, then I hope they add some decent tutorial videos. The biggest problem right now with looking for help with this out in the wild is that most of it is quickly outdated by the weekly beta patches. Games that natively support the controller are considerably easier to work with too.

I wonder if I could sell a webinar teaching people how to use this thing... hmmm... ;greedy:

Hehe Btw, I still can't get steam overlay to work in Diablo 3... and launching with -launch forces me to retype my password (no problem, can just launch through b.net.. but it's annoying doing that via steam link obviously)

The latest steam updates improved my streaming performance and image quality immensely.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 3, 2015, 07:34 eRe4s3r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 20:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 19:27:
What about xray specs to find admins who blockade entire branches of topics against edits going against their own agenda...

Which topics are those?

All political ones ,)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 2, 2015, 19:27 eRe4s3r

What about xray specs to find admins who blockade entire branches of topics against edits going against their own agenda...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 2, 2015, 14:50 eRe4s3r

If it were easy it would probably not be news ,)  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: R6 bullshit Dec 2, 2015, 08:26 eRe4s3r

15 second timer? You mean in SP you only have 15s to prepare?  

18. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 13:05 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 10:12:
You should be able to have separate dampening settings for the gyro and touch pads. IIRC that is configured on the touchpad/gyro advanced pages, not on the triggers. There is a slider right below it to control the level of dampening (and by default its pretty significant, you must have turned it down).

I haven't had a need for the dampening outside of FPS play, with the trackball mode on the mouse cursor doesn't really fly around too much. I suppose I have my sensitivity pretty low because I don't mind flicking to move it across the screen.

You also don't need to have LMB/RMB as full pull actions if you are pulling them so hard that you are throwing off your cursor aim You could set them as soft pull actions, move the trigger point farther in and turn haptic up (then you can use the full pulls for modeshifting or a different button). I remap LMB/RMB to LT/RT too... right trigger to left click and/or fire? My brain says no! LMB being on the left trigger may be stopping me from noticing the need for dampening in windows.

Thing with soft-pull is that you only get haptic feedback once you reach it, which isn't heavy enough to stop my squeezing (I guess this really needs force feedback on the triggers or at the very least some kind of physical dampening via spring the more you press the button ,p)

Ah.. you were right.. it has 2 dampening sliders beneath mouse track pad and gyro mouse advanced settings.. god is this confusing. Actually brought the controller up to my PC and configured stuff there... it's INCREDIBLY annoying to do this in front of the TV.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your patience.. your hints and ideas made me explore the controller more But really.. this stuff should be part of the first use experience.. and properly guide you through the settings... ARGH

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 12:56 eRe4s3r

Theo wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 12:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 12:22:
Is that water trailer supposed to be a joke? I've seen better water in World of Warships, heck even in GTA 4 and 5... and it didn't need fancy nvidia tech.

only none of those simulate displacement... or any of the physical stuff that this water is actually doing. (not that this is a big deal but its pretty neat in concept).

They do simulate displacement, but look very closely at the nvidia waveworks demo. The ship is NOT generating displacement waves bow or aft. Water doesn't just roll along a ships side, a ship going forward constantly displaces water in a bow and aft waves. To the point where smaller ships can actually capsize just from displacement waves.

World of Warships does not simulate displacement, but it does fake (very realistic but not actually physically there) displacement waves bow and aft.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 12:22 eRe4s3r

Is that water trailer supposed to be a joke? I've seen better water in World of Warships, heck even in GTA 4 and 5... and it didn't need fancy nvidia tech.  

16. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 09:05 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 08:56:
It looks like in one of the patches in the last week or so they changed "Radial menu" to "touch menu" and added some extra layout options to it. Sorry about that :p

Once you quit a game you are bound by your "desktop controls" that you set in the settings in steam big picture mode. You might have to add the gyro mouse control there.

Yeah, but in touch menu it only shows me what an "area" is when I am actually pressing that segment of the touch.. area then it shows me my description for that button.. but not WHAT button I am actually pressing.. ;/

I bound the gyro to desktop controller, but it seems I had to restart Steam for that to take effect ... weird

Having gyro and dampening on.. makes desktop use nearly acceptable.. NEARLY.. dampening isn't dampening enough and I wish I could set it to only damp gyro, not touchpad...

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2015, 09:22.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: A Car Dealers Wonít Sell: Itís Electric Dec 1, 2015, 08:43 eRe4s3r

gray wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 08:06:
InBlack wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 08:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 07:29:
Well.. they could make these cars actually affordable... and invent a battery that can last for 30 years.. and not just 5 ?

They are working on that. The upcoming Tesla 3 model, will cost half as much as the Tesla S. Musk has stated that his goal is to ultimately make electric cars as affordable and efficient as possible. As far as battery retention/price/power is concerned, Tesla is in the process of building the biggest battery factory in the world. Tesla also guarantees free recharges at all of its recharge stations. Musk is a smart guy, and unlike most entrepreneurs today, he seems to care a lot about things other than profit.

Also you don't need to care about replacements when you pay $50 a month and hail/schedule an automated car via mobile app.

Remember I live in Germany, automated cars aren't even allowed here and charging stations are few and far between. not surprising considering our electricity prices...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 1, 2015, 07:45 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 21:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 10:53:
Either way, considering I miss literally EVERY fucking package the postal dudes send me I welcome these drones. I would even build a drone port.

Dude, you're in Germany, right? Why not use Packstation? Never miss a shipment again and pick up at your convenience after work, before work, between fucking your wife and your neighbor... ANYTIME!

Also, this drone business will take a loooooong time to get cleared for German airspace. Our country is too populated. You don't want a drone like this to collide with a police or SAR helicopter or GA and flying on street level is not as practical as in the US since houses in DE are usually taller and roads narrower.
I'm very sure it will take years of testing and regulation before this stuff gets a clearance to use the already very crowded German airspace, if ever.

Packstation only works for DHL packages and at least where I live it's ALWAYS full during xmas. Otherwise that's a good idea.. still would prefer a drone landing on my roof dropping package in a rain proof container and flying away. But you are right of course... considering how insane our regulations are it's a miracle postal service is even allowed to deliver packages... where I live drone can definitely NOT land in the garden ;p Not to mention I don't want my packages sitting in the garden ~.~

13. Re: A Car Dealers Wonít Sell: Itís Electric Dec 1, 2015, 07:29 eRe4s3r

Well.. they could make these cars actually affordable... and invent a battery that can last for 30 years.. and not just 5 ?  

News Comments > GeForce 860M Hotfix Coming
5. Re: GeForce 860M Hotfix Coming Dec 1, 2015, 06:38 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 01:57:
i can't tell you how many issues i've had since i bought this 980 (desktop) card, so many drivers just break games. There's this perpetual issue with the GPU not recognizing that there's a 3D game going on, and is locked to desktop (2D) clocks. And yes, I've obviously changed all applicable settings in nvidia control panel. It's just unreasonable to know that this bug still exists a year after I bought this card. It's very well known, affects the 970 and 980ti too (my friend got a 980ti and all his games are locked to %40 gpu usage, consensus is that it's a driver issue, still waiting for a driver package that fixes it). There's a 200 page thread on it in the nvid forums. still no fix.

And then there's the 3.5GB = 4GB Vram scandal with the 970.

The only thing good about Nvidia is they have drivers out the day before any major title launch. That said, I've had waaay more nvid drivers that have broken things than ATI, don't really know where nvid has this stellar reputation with drivers from... ATi is slow with drivers yes, but they rarely break things half as bad.

The reason is that many people don't buy the bleeding edge of hardware from any GPU maker Always 1 or 2 generations behind, at least there you know the specific issues are likely fixed in the drivers.

14. Re: Sunday Patches Dec 1, 2015, 06:23 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 18:18:
Do I have to name every button I assign in there?
Unfortunately. Native Steam controller games will have pre-named binds that can be used and applied to buttons/menus, but adapting old games is very manual.

The gyro is really impressive, it blows away the level of accuracy offered by any others and doesn't have to be constantly recalibrated (or ever calibrated... I haven't). I've been meaning to fire up Dirt, Hot Pursuit or Sonic AS Racing... maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Gradient haptics on the triggers would be cool, I haven't even thought of needing haptic feedback like that. It's only useful to me as the soft-pull action for hair/hip fire configs.

I leave haptics on medium/high for the mouse/gyro control, especially when starting a new game. I find it helpful in the sense that I can tell "how much" or "how many clicks" i'm moving and it gives the thumb a better sense of distance traveled... which in turn helps you dial in the sensitivity settings. As I get more comfortable with a control scheme I turn the haptics down on the mouse.

The keyboard overlay is something they actually just added to the external control modes, so it may still be a little buggy. You definitely should use the steam overlay/big picture mode to give it the best chance of working. Did you try launching the keyboard manually from the overlay? My D3 automatically logs in so I didn't actually remember it would be required.

The in-game input displays are definitely an annoyance... but that ties back to the way the games were originally designed. I find it to be a short-lived issue when still learning how you had set up the buttons. I suppose that certain games will be more annoying in that regard than others.

Launching keyboard manually from overlay is funny, because in D3, i can't even access the steam overlay despite it showing as loaded ;/ I even tried mapping ALT+TAB to the controller for giggles, and that didn't open the overlay either.... for some reason the overlay works fine (But no keyboard input overlay) in Star Craft 2 and not at all in Diablo 3... on the other hand.. I fiddled with your ideas in rocket league today (had painter here so lots of time) and this works great

Seriously still no idea how to do an "radial" menu... and for laughs I noticed that gyro stopped working in desktop mode after I exited from Diablo 3... seems like this still needs TONS of bug fixes.

12. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 30, 2015, 17:45 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 17:26:
The grip buttons are the battery cover buttons, yes. The buttons should be easily in reach when you stop holding the controller in your fingertips (I noticed my brother was doing the same thing).

I imagine the most accurate mouse control you'll get (D3 etc) would be with Mouse input + trackball mode. I think that "touchpad" mode is for something where you may need to mouse click in a certain spot all the time and you can "program" a click in that location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzcbSRYsNQ You add D3 as a non-steam game, add -launch to the command line so it doesn't launch battle.net/launcher... and then you set up your buttons as you would with any other game. You can do this with any game that will launch as a non-steam shortcut. Another good tip to wedge in here, you don't actually always need be running big picture mode, you only have to run big picture mode to "configure" the controller. Once you have set it up for a particular game you only have to launch it from within steam and it loads the config. This helps with games that don't run well in BPM, but they just patched the major bug that was causing those issues anyway.

Generally you'll just be doing basic mouse control with left/right click on the triggers and hotkeys on the bumpers/grips/leftpad. You can set edge scroll speed on the right pad so it will continually scroll when you get to the edge, or just become more comfortable flicking with the trackball and acceleration settings. I've played a few HOTS rounds using the regular desktop control settings, I haven't gone too far into custom configuring blizzard games yet, I just really checked that they worked.

The menu you are looking for with ETS2 would be a radial menu again, like I was describing for Civ5/AIwar. I would say you probably would set one of the touchpads to mode shift into radial menu mode so you can leave your regular game controls alone, with one of the grip buttons as the trigger or something you don't mind pressing while in game. That way it isn't always a radial menu, just when you need it. Then you just build the menu with whatever commands you want, when you switch the pad to radial in the menu it will be obvious.

The Gyro can be set on the little atom looking icon in the middle of the screen... really dumb and not labeled at all... but it isn't an atom it is showing you the axis. Gyro is somewhat limited by what the game supports, so you wouldn't be able to set the gyro to like "map move" very easily in D3/MOBAs which is what I assume you were going for there. The Gyro can currently only be bound to a joystick axis or mouse control IIRC. maybe the joy axis would do it... If/when they add the ability to bind specific keys to the gyro axis that could be another solution. Keep in mind that you don't always have to have the right pad be the trigger to turn on the gyro, depending on what you are doing you may want a different button or you may want it on all the time.

Can you give me an idiot proof way to do a radial menu.. where it tells me in-game what I am looking at? because I don't get it... in-game it shows me empty boxes in the overlay.. do I have to name every button I assign in there?

Btw, I figured out how to use gyro for mouse control in SC2 and it works ok (not saying you should play like this in MP, but for campaign it's mostly ok... best, of course, when you only control 1 hero).. your idea to use the 2 stage triggers in Rocket League made me realize I can assign double click on a hip-fire like config, so quickly pressed through = double click, lightly tapped = single click (for group selection) this is for games where you wanna double click easily.. just tune the range to your liking and tada = easy double clicks.

I found that, with specific setting, gyro can work with minimal input range and gives me decent accuracy (as you can still move trackpad mouse) I feel like with some getting used to this is BY FAR the most accurate way to point the mouse pointer quickly and fine adjust with trackpad as needed

Mhh, very interesting. Driving with gyro (Asetto Corsa) is hilarious though.. in the sense that it's awesome. The gyro is extremely finely grained so smooth turn mapping. And trigger buttons work great as brake and pedal..

Only 2 downsides.. haptic feedback is dumb.. it should grow in strength the more the button is pressed through, up to max shortly before the click point. And I find in games, steam controller overlay doesn't show me the keyboard typing help in some games, but it does in others.. (specifically it does NOT in diablo 3 as I accidentally discovered when I hit the login name box) mhhh...

Overall this is very cool after all.

Btw, I honestly didn't even knew this thing had such a finely grained Gyro.. motion controls are usually wonky as hell, but the huge input range it can handle and the way it handles small nudges is amazing. Once I figure out how to ring menus to assign hotkeys that it SHOWS me in-game because no way can I remember that then it is imo a valid controller choice in front of the TV with steamlink

Btw.. just figured out that you don't even need to launch a game through the steam big picture thing, as long as you launch it through steam, you can press the "guide" and it opens.. the steam overlay, inside the game window. Which makes testing controller configs way easier.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 18:05.

10. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 30, 2015, 16:53 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 15:46:
This is going to get long... sorry.

If you set the touchpad to "Radial Menu" You can configure 10 menu entries to whatever hotkeys you want (and label them, which was the important thing in Civ5 since they have a lot of dual uses). When you touch the pad you get an overlay radial menu, pretty useful for some of the more complex games. I'm building another one to play AI:War with the pad... not because I really need to but because I can...

Definitely play with the different touch pad and trigger types to find what you like if it isn't doing what you want. There is a huge difference just between the simple, hair and hip fire triggers and the ways you can use them let alone all of the different touchpad modes.

I try to work all my configs around triggers/bumpers/grips and avoid abxy for any "active" keybinds if I can. It is hard to just quickly look at a controller config and fully grasp it until you know what you are looking for and then memorizing it all, so I've really just been using the community ones for concepts and then building my own. One used the grips for jump/slide, which seemed pretty obvious... and another had this gas+boost trigger setup I'll explain below.

Using the steam overlay you can turn on controller HUD so you can learn what you are pressing easier. Also... name all your controls! Games that use the steampad do this by default, but you can use the box above the binding selector to name everything.

You don't really have to change much from the default x360 config for rocket league. There is no real need for mouse level control of the camera so emulating joycam or joymove on the right pad is a personal preference... and if you mix inputs and try to use mouse input the game doesn't work right anyway. You would have to use either mouse + all key binds (losing analog gas/reverse/steering) or have it simply emulate the 360 controller buttons in game, but move them to where they are convenient.

This is what I've changed from the default x360 controller layout... so far.

RT - Gas + Boost: simple trigger, full pull action "pad B", analog output RT, "trigger range end" 75% (adjust to comfort). You get analog gas control, you get to full speed without having to almost press the boost button (because I kept doing this by accident, that's the adjustment above), and when you fully pull it you get full gas and it presses the B button for boost... takes a few games to do it right but I like the way it doubles up the control and you can really feather the boost to conserve it. Bam, an entire button rolled up into another without losing any functionality.

Left Grip - Jump: "pad A"
I've been using left grip for jump in almost every game so far, so to keep my control styles consistent this was an automatic setting for me.

Right Grip - Powerslide: "pad X"
Self explanatory. I usually press the grips with some combination of ring/middle finger... but it's more of a squeeze than anything else as you adjust to it (really... as you adjust to not randomly squeezing the shit out of your controller when you get tense in game).

Left Stick Press - Center Camera on ball: "pad Y"
I've been moving this around to different places... so it's here right now. I play without ball camera "on" by default. I've had it as double tap the right pad and click the right pad... none really seemed right. Click the right pad wasn't terrible since it essentially overrides whatever input you are doing with the touchpad.

Right pad I have as joystick camera, you just have to play with the sensitivity, deadzone/antideadzone until it feels right for you. Once you figure out how you like to emulate an analog stick with the right pad you'll just set it up the same way in every game.

That's really it for rocket league... ABXY accounted for and you can still use the regular buttons in the menus. I messed around with using the gyro for some things (like arial control and steering) but I turned it back off so I would stop losing for a little while

For an FPS setup I've been using Mouse input on the right pad with trackball mode on. Low sensitivity, High Acceleration, Low trackball friction, 80% vertical friction scale, 40% sensitivity vertical scale, dampening set to both triggers at 20% (could be lower), smoothing 60%. I dont really like edge spin so I leave it off. Set the Gyro to Mouse input, no trackball, activated by the right touch pad, set the haptics and smoothing way up, the sensitivity way down. Flick the "trackball" to quickly aim and then you can fine adjust with the gyro. I wouldn't say using the Gyro is even necessary, but it actually improves the level of control once you get used to it.

Obviously I need a better outlet for all of the things I've been doing with the controller. If you want to talk on steam instead of spamming this up here (even though I do hope it helps more people than just you) you should be able to find me easy enough.

Let's keep it here because this is informative to the extreme and I can read it on my tablet while I sit in front of the TV where steam link runs to fiddle around

So.. that is a great idea, dual using the trigger with a max at 75% and full boost on press/ or 100% (I get what you mean with accidentally pressing that through, the feedback on that is a bit lofty) this goes straight in my settings. But what you mean with "grip" buttons? The 2 battery cover buttons? I dunno what kind of long fingers you have, but I can absolutely not press that "normally" I hold it like you told and that.. is a vast improvement, but by golly I have to CONSTANTLY remind myself not to drag my ring finger down there too

Let's look at another edge case, see my problem is I wanna use this for games that are not on Steam so community picks are not an option... Diablo 3 for example. I find that nothing I do makes it "natural" to control the character there (Since it's mouse driven and I need basic left/right functionality that's ABSOLUTELY tight but also hotkeys and ALT and I, do you have any idea how to setup the right trackpad so that it doesn't feel like I am constantly running out of "space" to scroll my mouse pointer and have to reposition my thumb (thus throwing of my entire aim)? Is this really this fabled setting in the beta client (which rendered steam link totally unusable for me so I can't currently use it) where you can assign basically "tablet" style control pointing functionality, which would be awesome when it maps 1:1 to the game screen.... assuming moving finger would still move the mouse pointer...

You really lost me there with gyro.. where do I set that ???? I can't find that anywhere. Dang.. the steam controller settings page by the way, is the most confusing thing I ever seen. I don't understand half the terminology and there is ZERO visualization of anything. Only way to test stuff is in game.. which annoying as HELL as when you press the steamlink button it doesn't quit games like Diablo 3. It puts them out of focus and to get back I have to close BPM... argh

Another edge case.. Euro Truck Simulator 2 (driving works great with the controller, that ain't the problem, the problem is that I want to have a MENU where I can select what I want (F keys particularly...) how do I do that? Can I do that?

Hot damn.. I just realized how the gyro works.. by holding the touchpad there I can assign gyro functionality.. and that's like pointing at the screen.. I wonder if this makes RTS games playable with that controller? Only quickly tried Starcraft 2

Sooo.. in case anyone is wondering.. gyro config is in controller layout the swirly icon down below the controller shape.. man that took me forever to figure out.. assigned it to work when I touch the trackpad and now I damn near perfect mouse control in starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Took a bit of tweaking (smoothness = max, 0 Accel)

Also just realized I can actually use the USB cable to use the controller at my PC without having to worry about battery.. this made configuring controls a TON easier... as I have mouse to quickly assign buttons and keyboard to name it.. does it save stored controller configs for non-steam games anywhere?

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 17:29.

6. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 30, 2015, 11:09 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 10:14:
for anything that uses more than 6 buttons it's a nightmare

Too heavy?!? It weighs less than a x360 and ps4 controller WITH the batteries in it. The weight is just balanced differently than those old controllers, if anything it feels hollow and weightless because the batteries are all the way back in the base of your hand... You should try holding the controller between your palms supported by your pinky/ring fingers, not with the base knuckle of your fingers like you would hold a PS4/360 controller... there should be no re-positioning going on when you get it right. I don't have any trouble at all with the grips or the bumpers, I've not accidentally pressed the grips once after the first 15 minutes I was holding the controller. I find that the controller requires less... less effort less motion less panic... things you used to do and get away with on a 360/PS4 controller need to be untrained.

You don't have to use it as a click D-Pad, you can set it up to simply use haptic feedback and touch (or you can simply configure the analog stick dead-zones properly and stop trying to use anything as a "D-Pad" ever again... which is the real solution). You can also set trigger dampening to stop your problem with squeezing the trigger and screwing up your aim. The solutions are all there in the controller config, you just have to learn how to use it.

I configured Witcher 2 with like 20 KB+M hotkeys on the controller, I've run expert L4D2 campaigns, I've played TF2/CS:GO fairly competitively (only had the thing for a month now), I've mapped radial wheel controls for Civ5... you can literally do anything with it you want, you just have to rethink it for a minute. Maybe you simply haven't given it enough time to figure it out. Some of the default configs are kinda stupid... but the device does require some brainpower to use and some people don't seem to like that. Just stop trying to use it like a regular controller. It's not simply a "reimagined 360 controller" and trying to make it work that way it always going to lead to frustration (even though once you get used to it there is practically no difference).

You've held and adjusted to both a mouse and a dual stick controller over the course of like 20 years, giving your hands and fingers 3 weeks to learn to this new controller style seems disingenuous at best. It's got some ways to go to work out some quirks sure, but they are constantly improving the configuration options by the day. The biggest issue is that your fingers simply do not know how to use the damn thing, and trying to shoe-horn it back into antiquated control schemes it the crux of most issues I see people having with it. Sure, it can be used to act like an emulated 360 controller... but that is missing the entire point and purpose of the device IMO... it doesn't have to be and probably shouldn't be used that way.

EDIT: I'm not trying to fight you on this, I just want people to give the controller the chance it deserves. I friggen love it and will answer any questions about configuration/setup anyone around here has.

I will try holding it like you describe...

Describe please what you mean with mapped radial controls.. How exactly you do that in the config thingy?

And yeah, I won't deny that what you say is my main beef. I can't figure out any comfortable control scheme on my own. The official controls for Rocket League for example, put boost on A and jump on B.. like.. what? How I am supposed to press both at once without moving my hand? Stuff like that drives me crazy..

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 10:53 eRe4s3r

From the looks of it this thing is quite large. It must be if uses plain aerodynamics +1 engine to fly forward and that means a dog, wind, snow, rain etc won't be a problem. In reality I think this will be to special landing locations only that they first "spotted" out. Not straight into your garden into your dog... or flower bed...

Either way, considering I miss literally EVERY fucking package the postal dudes send me I welcome these drones. I would even build a drone port.

3. Re: 2009-2015 does not make a year Nov 30, 2015, 10:41 eRe4s3r

I think it's even worse than that.. likely the problems were known since these cars were first designed.. and I REALLY doubt the other manufacturers are any different when it comes to diesel engines.

Ps.: Can't wait for the robotic formula E, these things can do moves that no human could.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 10:54.

9280 Comments. 464 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo