Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6659 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2014, 11:52 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on May 14, 2014, 11:46:
That's good and all, AMD, but aren't the retailers tagging on an inflated pricing scheme due to the demand from bitcoin miners and pocketing all that extra chunk of change?

Well, there should be 0 demand from bitcoin miners at this stage, because mine rate is below power cost for GPU mining nowadays.... also I think a currency that is just wasting power is one of the absolutely dumbest things to ever surface in this world. Bitcoin actually has a very real cost to society attached to it, both in CO2 emissions, power usage and general resource waste. Power, after all, does not come from renewable sources in most countries...

So Bitcoin is actually contributing to climate change.... ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 14, 2014, 11:51 eRe4s3r

"EVE - A game about trolling" ;p

Interesting read

News Comments > I Shall Remain Early Access
5. Re: I Shall Remain Early Access May 14, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:21:
Is it just me or is this fucking trend getting tiresome to anyone else? I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS ZOMBIE SHIT. Everything these days is about zombies. Holy shit, how unoriginal and boring can you be? I'd like to buy some originality, Alex.

Which is even more hilarious considering you can still make zombie games ... but why the heck do they all make human zombies? No sci-fi? no fantasy? No ideas!

I am past Zombies right now. Walking Dead = Dropped.
Only thing with zombies I still am sort of attached (but more because I bought the pack) is Walking Dead by Telltale.. speaking of that, where the hell is the next episode!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2014, 10:20 eRe4s3r

lmao.. 4K.. aka, "NOT 4k" displays without OLED ?

Because LCD tech is so superior? Can't wait for a good OLED screen and obviously that's not gonna come from Sony....

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 14, 2014, 09:30 eRe4s3r

Battery life is *THE* major factor for me when buying ANY non wired device.... so that isn't exactly new information to me  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 101 Trailer
11. Re: Watch Dogs 101 Trailer May 14, 2014, 05:49 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2014, 03:56:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 13, 2014, 19:46:
So there is a free roam mode where anyone can join into your game and there is a story mode which is strictly single player?
I don't quiet understand how the MP works.

looks like MP is something that would be too distracting while trying to play the story mode, do you really want some random or friend entering into your game and taking you away from the objective you're working on?

The other MP mode looks like they use match making to create mini hotspots in the world where you go at it team vs team, this will be ruined by the fact that there won't be any dedicated server hosts (I assume), also unless you're playing with a group of friends working together it'll probably be more frustrating than fun.

MP checkpoint racing, I'm not into that. I usually wreck when playing single player checkpoint racing and constantly restart the race when I screw up.

cheat protection on the PC? I guess nobody knows if there is any.

also, uplay required? It doesn't bother me much but it's not Steam so your friends lists won't carry over.

If the game is like Farcry 3... which I think it will be, then uPlay is required, you have to login a second time within the game, and there'll be no anti-cheat or proper servers. And the MP you can find will have horrible ping. Ubisoft simply never learns... but they do make interesting games ;/

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed May 14, 2014, 05:45 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2014, 14:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:12:
It didn't help that I was really hyped for that.... it taught me a valuable lesson. Now I only buy stuff I absolutely want to play

Shouldn't the valuable lesson have been: read reviews and watch Let's Plays before buying?

That's kinda implied by that I can't know what I want to play until I seen a let's play.. ;p Reviews on the other Hand.... I have peculiar tastes when it comes to games and reviews usually never mention the issues that would be issues for me....

But since to me, Kickstarter/Pledging is "buying" too, I have to make some concessions. In the end, I really want to play D:OS and Pillars of Eternity, no matter the reviews. And watching let's plays of an RPG like PoE would be... a bit.. weird. I rarely if ever see Let's plays where the people play like I would

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 14:35 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on May 13, 2014, 14:30:
Tumbler wrote on May 13, 2014, 14:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Mine was X:Rebirth.. and you can likely guess my current stance on pre-orders

Yeah...that really sucked. I think the hardest thing to deal with is that even if the game worked perfectly the controls on the spaceship and how you traveled between systems was terrible. What stopped me from playing was the constant need to travel on those dumb highway tubes and the fact that I could never look at the map and see where I was going. Plenty of other stuff wrong as well but every time I'd try and look around, explore I couldn't figure out how to understand where I was going and what was around me.

Today's beta update actually changed both those things (the highways and the map.)

No idea how the new stuff works, I'm not subscribed to the beta patches, but maybe... just maybe...

Don't make us hope... ;p Not gonna reinstall the game unless there is MASSIVE praise here for it....

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 13:12 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:14:
Last pre-order I did was Age of Wonders III. That's the first time in a long time I've done that and now it reminded me exactly why I don't do it.

Yeah, I'm still fucking pissed over that. 7 months later, and the game is still a giant piece of shit. They're STILL fixing fucking crash bugs! There must have been at least 700 of them.

Hey, they've killed their company with it, so I hope they enjoyed all that preorder money.

It didn't help that I was really hyped for that.... it taught me a valuable lesson. Now I only buy stuff I absolutely want to play

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 12:45 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:14:
Last pre-order I did was Age of Wonders III. That's the first time in a long time I've done that and now it reminded me exactly why I don't do it.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 10:13 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:00:
I preorder some from amazon, just to play on launch day. But I only do it knowing I can send it back unopened, if reviews suck.

I've got Wolf and Watchdogs ready to go, and if they suck, I'm not out any money.

That's a pretty weird way to do things... you cause work for postal service, work for amazon storage facilities... I mean, you are causing people to have a job (that's good, i guess?), but you are wasting incredible amount of energy and (not your) money with that method Why not simply... not buying it at all until there are reviews? Or digital only?

Either way, interesting method but also weird method ...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization May 13, 2014, 08:44 eRe4s3r

Well in that case, HAIL HYDRA  

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
13. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 15:46 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:46:
Meh, I thought the first Darksiders was too button-mashy and consoly. I quit after an hour. Didn't bother picking up the 2nd one.

Darksiders 2 is actually a far better game than DS1 imo I liked it, and I mean, I really liked it (100% completion)

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
8. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 11:32 eRe4s3r

Wolfox wrote on May 12, 2014, 11:11:
BitWraith wrote on May 12, 2014, 10:18:
Wolfox wrote on May 12, 2014, 09:59:
I hope they patch the issues still present in Darksiders 2. Still glad to hear the series is not dead.

Yeah I still have some stuttering and lag issues on PC - and my computer is well capable of playing this game.

It's even worse with the DLC - problems with savefiles may crash the game when loading savegames with DLC content. Not sure if there's an unofficial fix somewhere.

Thankfully I had neither of these problems, but I doubt you will see fixes for that....

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Into the Black May 12, 2014, 04:51 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2014, 22:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:03:
And one can tell you are angry over someone not agreeing with your opinion. Which is far more FAIL than the review. Who are you to call this guy's experience worth less than your own? Not everyone experiences a game the same way you do and saying that only your way is the right way is beyond absurd and childish.

Anger? Please. Pointing out when someone is doing something the incorrect way is not anger. He isn't reading the on-screen instructions and gets angry when what he's trying to do isn't working. Children do better than that. Still fail.

From what I saw in let's plays that is what a lot of gamers do though. Point is, he is not representative of all gamers, but the review most certainly is representative for some. And the fact that you can miss the level up girl is something you see happen to a LOT of gamers that didn't spoiler the game before playing. If you know how level up works in this game, you would actually be looking for her. If you do NOT know this, you would NOT look for her. And so there is a real chance you might not ever find her.

And please, reading the manual? In 2014 ?

Ye guys just need to learn and accept that reviews are not obligated to confirm your views Personally, I don't care for reviews to begin with, but I wish reviews for Banished would have slammed it hard for obfuscation of information. That is a SIN in game-design.

Not sure how much of that really applies to DS2, as you might have gathered, I can't even *start* the damn game.

10. Re: Into the Black May 12, 2014, 04:41 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on May 11, 2014, 22:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:03:
NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:53:
The guy sucks at the game, and RPG's in general apparently. He got to the only "town" in the game and didn't properly explore and talk to all the NPC's? At that point in the game there are only 5 people there, lazy. He clearly isn't bothering to read the on screen instructions as he's wasting his effigies by burning them. You can tell he's used to playing games that have mandatory tutorials for everything and UI's that take up half the screen with maps, objectives, directions, etc. Fail.

And one can tell you are angry over someone not agreeing with your opinion. Which is far more FAIL than the review. Who are you to call this guy's experience worth less than your own? Not everyone experiences a game the same way you do and saying that only your way is the right way is beyond absurd and childish.

This review has as much legitimacy to be there as any other.

By the way, to this day Dark Souls 2 simply crashes to a black screen for me at start of the game creates an empty corrupt save and nothing happens. Would be nice if the fucking devs were actually fixing this. So from me DS 2 gets 0/10 points

Is this related to the multiple monitor issue, or are you experiencing something different?

Different issue. On Steam there were 2 kinds of major issues reported, multi-monitor/HDMI white-screen crash vs pressing new-game loads video but instead of proceeding to the game it get's stuck infinitely creating an corrupt save and no way to get past that point; and I am having exactly the one they didn't fix. I have no idea why this works on my 2nd pc and not my gaming rig. This is literally the first game I ever had problems like this with.....

Not sure what I am really supposed to do with that. I did sort of like DS1 but I can't even get DS2 to start

And it doesn't help that every time I try something, there's an unskippable video sequence... YAY!

6. Re: Into the Black May 11, 2014, 21:03 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:53:
The guy sucks at the game, and RPG's in general apparently. He got to the only "town" in the game and didn't properly explore and talk to all the NPC's? At that point in the game there are only 5 people there, lazy. He clearly isn't bothering to read the on screen instructions as he's wasting his effigies by burning them. You can tell he's used to playing games that have mandatory tutorials for everything and UI's that take up half the screen with maps, objectives, directions, etc. Fail.

This review has as much legitimacy to be there as any other.

By the way, to this day Dark Souls 2 simply crashes to a black screen for me at start of the game creates an empty corrupt save and nothing happens. Would be nice if the fucking devs were actually fixing this. So from me DS 2 gets 0/10 points

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2014, 20:41 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on May 11, 2014, 20:16:
Dirwulf wrote on May 11, 2014, 17:07:
jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2014, 16:54:
Dirwulf wrote on May 11, 2014, 16:19:

800 games? I call bullshit. I guess it's possible, if you buy pieces of shit like Infestation. You must have a CoC...Catalog of Crap. You probably paid into Earth: Year 2066 lol.

I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility. I've got more than 350 games on Steam, 50 on Gamefly, 20 on Origin, 50 on Android, and about 50 or so boxed copies dating from the 90s through a few years ago. And I have done a couple of boxed game purges in my life getting rid of about 100 games each time.

Also, I think Prez's Steam account alone is up over 2000.

Have any of you been outside in the last 20 years?

Yup and I still have my farmer's tan from last year!

I never understood what people have with their skin being burned. To me, absolutely no tan is way more sexy than tan. And especially a really strong tan turns me completely off. Not to mention how these girls and boys then look when they are older. Makes em look like a worn leather bag. And nothing turns me off even more than a tan, except humans looking like leathery bags. ...

But to add to the topic, I probably own about 600 games too, not that hard considering I am gaming for what amounts to nearly 20 years now. I still have my original Baldur's Gate box (Although I threw away a shit-ton of boxes when I moved, only my favorites are on display in my gaming/entertainment room ;p

But I assume you guys are not counting NES and SNES games... because I have.. literally all of them. (or at least, 97% of all) thanks to a *cough* rom dump I gotten a few years back. Now I have them all on my tablet ;p

1. Re: Game Reviews May 11, 2014, 16:05 eRe4s3r

I wish more reviews would punish games HARD for obfuscation of information. That is not making a game difficult, that is making a game a pain in the ass to play.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2014, 13:54 eRe4s3r

Dagnamit wrote on May 11, 2014, 13:42:
CSB time.

Thought I'd try Dark Souls before purchasing Dark Souls II. I did not know that sitting at a bonfire respawns enemies on the level, which I find to be utterly pointless grindy bullcrap. ragequit. Now, I was getting into the gameplay and the environments are as cool as advertised.

Questions, 1) does DS II do away with the respawn nonsense? 2) if that was the only part I hated about the first 15 minutes of DS, should I buy DS II, because I'm obviously a filthy casual? Thanks in advance!

Enemies don't respawn in DS2

6659 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo