Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8162 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Previews
8. Re: Evening Previews Mar 26, 2015, 07:43 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 03:53:
Am I the only one who is a little bit worried that by removing all the negative possibilites in character building the game's characters are all going to be well.....bland?? Character building is a lot of fun in these types of games, but if every character can do everything whats the point??

I dunno, I think it should be possible to roll crappy barbarians, knights or whatever and still have fun with the game, but why do they have to excell at something at all? Isnt that like the definition of handholding?? Don't like how this smells one bit. Hope Im wrong.

Ask again tomorrow and I'll have an opinion about that But do you play RPG's for character building, or for story, combat, exploration, loot and.. dialog? Either way, I have no expectations aside from IE style game. And how they approach that, whether I like that or not, I will see in 5 hours

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Mar 26, 2015, 00:04 eRe4s3r

11 hours to go...  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
56. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 23:59 eRe4s3r

Tumbler wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 13:38:
Man you're stupid if you believe this, MMO's/F2P are online drm'd games. They are taking those big wins (see diablo 3) and further invading. Same goes for steam.

DRM has been invasive for a long time now, almost all AAA games come with steam drm.

...confirmed, someone is stupid. Hardware DRM schemes haven't been common for a while, it's a surprise that origin has these limits in place. I wonder why it took this long for someone to notice. I doubt it's only for this game.

I suppose steam does technically do this but their response isn't to lock you out, they just sent an email to your account to verify you are the account owner.

Uh.. Hardware DRM schemes are the default.. nearly every application for professional use abuses that + online DRM. Most big publisher games have it, latest one is Total War Atilla which uses hardware keyed DRM that is part of Steam's CEG.

Atilla, Hardline, Lords of the Fallen, Fifa 2015, Dragon Age: Inquisition all use hardware keyed DRM. Which I guess does prevent piracy to some extend: Though Atilla, Fifa and DA:I are supposedly cracked.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
5. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 25, 2015, 23:10 eRe4s3r

Spoilers?

How about showing us the ending so we can like.. not bother playing the game?

I can get wanting to show stuff, but why the heck is it story stuff?

5. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 09:33 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 09:31:
This seems bizarre, why would they bother with any DRM when its all hooked into Origin and BL?

So that nobody pirates their precious SP campaign?

1. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 09:27 eRe4s3r

well it's not like I wanted to buy this, but is anyone surprised? DA:I and Fifa 2015 as well as Lords of the Fallen have all the same problem and restrictions.  

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2015, 09:13 eRe4s3r

I didn't have my coffee when I wrote that, so I blame that.. but I don't want a "white fantasy" I want fantasy that disconnects itself enough from reality to not remind me constantly of reality and issues in reality.

Any the author wants the opposite, he/she/it (doesn't matter) wants to fuse fantsy with reality, forgetting that this means that the fantasy is no longer disconnected from reality. And thus, no longer fantasy.

A circular argument, sure, but I am strongly against anyone that wants to destroy a segment of writing and thematic genres just because it doesn't meet their own personal ideology. There is no personal bias (imo) when I say that I want fantasy to be disconnected from reality.

And contemporary race/sexism topics DEFINITELY belong in realistic games, and there I would applaud that, but in Dragon Age: Inquisition?

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2015, 00:25 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 13:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:58:
That said, this article seemed pretty tame to me; wanting more people of color in a future game is hardly going to destroy a fictional universe. In my opinion.

It doesn't even come across as political correctness, more of a request for characters a wider audience can feel more involved with.

Or not even just more people of color, but also better, non-stereotypical representations.

I don't want that in my fantasy worlds.

Why do people expect fantasy to obey their bizarre personal ideologies and political correctness anyway? Fantasy is the OPPOSITE of reality. If fantasy duplicates reality it isn't fantasy anymore!

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 11:18 eRe4s3r

This is the absolutely most retarded link and opinion piece I ever ever saw linked here.

No, all Anti GG and Pro GG links? they were children entertainment to this absolute enormous retardation we are subjected to in that piece.

If we'd follow this argumentation to it's conclusion it would not just mean the end to art but the end of any kind of free individual expression of fantasy.

#IDontNeedForcedDiversityInGames
#FuckPoliticalCorrectness

(Yes, I know those hashtags are too long, and I don't even use Twitter, so whatever) ^^

Ps.: Historical accuracy in a fantasy game... If that were possible my eyes would roll out of my skull around the entire earth and back to me.

PPs.: And that would still not do the absurdity of that ""logical"" "leap" any justice.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2015, 11:29.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 24, 2015, 08:46 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 20:00:
So then they'll come back with some new BS campaign about how they've decided to focus on SP. It will of course be bull because these guys are dreaming of SC type money they can only get by making it P2W like CR is doing.

And the final game will be always online with barely any gameplay left... no I am not bitter.. really.. *cough* Elite Dangerous *cough* a travesty to the old original elite game.

News Comments > SideQuest Explained
5. Re: SideQuest Explained Mar 24, 2015, 04:18 eRe4s3r

It's not often a piece of news leaves me asking "what?"

"natural conversation and communication" in Twitch livestreams... that's just a big lol

News Comments > Twitch Breach
4. Re: Twitch Breach Mar 23, 2015, 21:19 eRe4s3r

truncated card number coupled with DOB, name, address and phone number can be used by a hacker to social engineer their way into your amazon or paypal account, so be very careful to dismiss this as a tiny security problem

And btw, holy shit. This press release talks about this as if it's a tiny inconsequential problem. What they leaked here can be used to nearly entirely pwn you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 12:55 eRe4s3r

Suckage wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 12:35:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 11:58:
California's about to run out of water.and produces things not grown anywhere else, like almonds. You let those trees die, and no almonds for 30 years.

Where did you get that information? Sure, the USA are a major producer of almonds, but they're far from being the only one. Regardless, California's situation is worrisome.

This from 2001

(in tons / almonds)
USA 376,480
Spain 257,000
Italy 112,812
Iran 97,144
Morocco 81,820
Greece 55,267
Syria 49,487
Turkey 42,000
Pakistan 33,236
Lebanon 33,000

So we are talking about at least 33% of the entire global market here. (Absolutely largest US production of almonds is in Cali)

And this data is from 2001.. no idea how you would even go about finding out up-to-date numbers.

Btw, most of these countries do not export almonds to the USA so Cali going down means almonds prices going up. But I doubt you see a real shortage as in, "impossible to get anywhere"

Worth noting that Cali isn't the only large farm area with water problems.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Broken Age Act 2
10. Re: Gone Gold - Broken Age Act 2 Mar 23, 2015, 12:37 eRe4s3r

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 12:33:
Bloody finally. There's no way this can live up to how insanely overbudget and time it went but at least it's out. I was one of the few who was actually pretty underwhelmed by part 1 but I hope this one is great.

No you are not part of the few ,) The first part was complete weak sauce for any adventure / point and click fan. Nice art, but zero substance. And basically baby's first steps in a point a click when it came to difficulty...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 08:47 eRe4s3r

Tees react- Gaming is .. hilarious  

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
11. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 08:07 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 07:15:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 06:51:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 05:15:
I've played maybe 200 hours of D3 and I'm having a hard time getting enough gold. Mostly gems are costing me a fortune. It would be nice if gold did more, but I wouldn't say it's useless.

I won't be partaking in this promotion though, because I'm bored of replaying the same content...

Hopefully you find yourself a Boon of the Hoarder gem, and then your gold concerns will vanish, if you do play again.

That said, Diablo 3, like most games, has a limited lifespan. I check back in anytime there is a new patch, but the last couple changes to game mechanics: Ancient Legendaries, Season-delayed new Legendaries, possible micropayments(only China right now) have kinda killed my D3 enthusiasm.

Grim Dawn is slowly, very slowly, coming along though.

Grim Dawn. I haven't really been following it, but I really liked Titan Quest, so I'm kinda eager to play it. How is it? How far is it from completion? I'm not interested in early access.

Playable, but not sure I'd call it fun yet.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 23, 2015, 07:11 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 12:11:
There's no puzzle about it, EA has done the same to virtually every IP they own.

That's the sad reality, and the review confirms that it's turned into pay to win as well...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
74. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 21:25 eRe4s3r

saluk wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 15:48:

Don't y'all ever tire of being so predictable?

Nope

General Discussion > Cities Skyline Bluesnoobs
15. Re: :o Mar 22, 2015, 04:16 eRe4s3r

Always keep your people train in their own loops and never connect to main. If you want to connect to outside, build a 2nd station (get rural station mod ,P) to connect to outside in a tighter statio configuration, and never connect it to ANY of your own internal rail networks.

Keep outside and inside separate for people transport

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
27. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 22, 2015, 04:06 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 22:04:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 19:13:
Better looking than anything since NwN for DnD, lets hope they do it justice again after all these years...

Right?!

My god I'm in love. Just waiting for Q3 2015 hurts!

Hype always ends in tears. But it does look semi-interesting. But I hope that isn't the final look of the game. Combat feels so .. disconnected.

8162 Comments. 409 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo