Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7419 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 30, 2014, 21:00 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 03:05:
I couldn't figure out the youtube thing either. It didn't have that silky smooth look of 60FPS that you see. I could still see individual frames. I checked for a setting, but couldn't fine anything.

Edit: Weird, when you use the links on the page Blue posted, it opens the play list, which appears to play in 30 FPS for me. However, when I cut out the playlist part of the URL and loaded the URL with just the video only, it appeared to play much more smoothly.

Edit Edit: Can't get 720P or higher to work at all in FF or IE, only Chrome. Still not sure if it's actually 60FPS or not. Not feeling like installing Fraps.

Same here, for some reason works neither with HTMl5 nor with flash in IE or FF... is google limiting this to certain ISP's only or what?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Halloween Update
2. Re: Total War: ROME II Halloween Update Oct 30, 2014, 14:51 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 14:40:
Would have been a nice video to showcase this mode if they didn't ham it up with all that cheesy, stupid bullshit.

Yeah they went from neat idea to "holy crap that's too much" by the 20 second mark. But hey, if they enjoyed making that video...

News Comments > Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway
17. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 30, 2014, 14:35 eRe4s3r

So yeah, currently there are only 2 servers in use, and they have 200 pings.. the others are empty ;/ Guess it's only really worthwhile to check this out when it's actually out.

This game seems like it would be massive suckage with pings above 30 pinpoint accuracy hit-scan weapons and all that.... playing alien is fun

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2014, 12:16 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 11:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 11:13:
Actually he probably just realized that movie makers are a dying breed. Given that VR requires game makers and actual level designers.. no more over-paid directors, no more overpaid movie studios.

So is it him saying it's a yawn, or isn't it rather him saying he wishes nobody uses it or he'd be out of a job pretty fast....

Really? 100+ million dollar games? Multi-millionaire suits/producers/designers, etc. Seems like it's just shifting from one medium to another.

But with different people in charge Game design is vastly different to movie making.. at least it should be.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2014, 11:13 eRe4s3r

Actually he probably just realized that movie makers are a dying breed. Given that VR requires game makers and actual level designers.. no more over-paid directors, no more overpaid movie studios.

So is it him saying it's a yawn, or isn't it rather him saying he wishes nobody uses it or he'd be out of a job pretty fast....

14. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 30, 2014, 11:01 eRe4s3r

JaguarUSF wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 10:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 06:42:
Thank you ;p
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it.

Wish I could say.. just checked for servers and they are all empty ;/ Ah .. just had bad timing Steam now says update required ;p

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2014, 11:14.

10. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 30, 2014, 06:42 eRe4s3r

JaguarUSF wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 06:02:
I'm reviewing NS2: Combat right now and the developer sent me an extra Steam key:
ATQRV-ZTVRX-AQQAI
Enjoy to whoever gets it activated first!

Which would be me.. the heck! I never got to something like this fast enough before

Thank you ;p

2. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 29, 2014, 20:35 eRe4s3r

Soooooooo... they are selling a mod for something that should have been part of the actual game on release.. am I getting this right?

Combat was the only mode I ever even played in NS1 ~.~

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2014, 20:32 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 17:39:
Quboid wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 17:32:
The Verge article

That's really creepy. No one is going to read this site are they?

(Beamer, shouldn't you be automatically defending Verizon? Could it be that you actually look at issues from both sides and give an honest opinion?!)

I'd actually say I'm one of the few around here that usually looks at things from both sides. What people see as me defending something is usually just me trying to talk someone down from "OMG THEY'RE EVIL TRYING TO RAPE OUR CHILDREN AND STEAL ALL OUR UNDERPANTS!"

What's wrong with stealing underpants.. wouldn't you be glad if yours were to.. disappear? ;p

(seriously, how could I resist that.... )

As I write this, I realize if I were to parody your uppercase part completely I'd have to write something quite offensive

So you see, look at both sides of an argument isn't always such a good idea....

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 29, 2014, 20:20 eRe4s3r

Youtube now with up to 2x as much buffering pauses more likely...  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
16. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 19:42 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:43:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:06:
Pillars of Eternity, Torment:Tides of Numenera. The money has been thrown at you, please turn out to be well done, (relatively) bug free games!

Also, Grim Dawn, please be finished in my lifetime, thanks.

Thus concludes the Kickstarter prayer.

Yeah I'm starting to get antsy about Grim Dawn, I know they're making progress but its taking so long.

That... that is so true Wtf are they doing.. no updates for.. weeks or.. actually a whole month!

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
24. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 17:08 eRe4s3r

No Regret

Also.. not available in Germany but if you log in on the US site linked in the news with your origin account it works.. no matter where you are... kinda odd.. but that's Origin. By now equally as many free games as bought games.. wee ;p

News Comments > etc., etc.
42. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 12:28 eRe4s3r

UHD wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:14:
You just basically summed up 3rd generation feminists without intentionally doing that I think It could be different per country, but in Germany femnazi's are trying to subvert the actual language that is taught at schools and universities in order to push their bullshit into the mainstream.

If you think Gamergate is only an Internet thing you must have missed the past 6 years of 3rd generation feminist bullshit groups springing up everywhere. And those do NOT have the goal of gender quality, they want to suppress males entirely. Going so far as demanding that women dominate certain industries, and having some success with it.

This entire topic isn't still alive because Gamergate exists (That was always a clusterfuck without direction) but because feminists of the 3rd generation are creating an extremely hostile atmosphere. Just look at the crap FEMEN and the likes pulled.

So wait, gamergate is about combating feminists now? I thought it was about ethics in journalism. Why are you talking about feminists?

That's the sort of thing I mean about labels. You're not engaging actual ideas or people. You're engaging a strawman you can tear down.

You can think what you want about feminism (and it means different things to different people; much like gamergate, summing the whole movement up in a single label is disingenuous), and I thank you for your honesty, but I've heard time and time again gamergate's about ethics in journalism. Complaining about feminists ruining everything good is diluting the message at best and actively sabotaging it at worst.

No, my point was I have absolutely no clue what Gamergate ever was about. But you can not deny those 2 topics overlap, even if it's only subconsciously and at the fringes. The hostility against 3rd gen "feminists" and the hostility against women bringing up sexism in games can not be denied. But equally you can not deny the hostility against men in this topic as a whole and by 3rd gen feminists.

What you call straw-men labels is sourced in stuff I read. Not in stuff I just made up to link 2 labels together. Gamergate and feminism are not related, but Gamergate is as toxic as it is because feminism exists and because drastic opinions exist against it, and because 3rd gen feminists (Which by the way, is not a general label at all, that means something very specific) have created and boosted an already extremely toxic environment in the real world to become downright culture war. Why do you think I called for popcorn way at the beginning? This entire thing was a shit-storm waiting to happen. And it only took a single angry ex to do it.

In the end, any attempt to reconcile these various shit-storms is pointless. No sane thinking person will ever agree with a 3rd generation feminist about anything. And this Gamergate crap is just the internet shit-storm of something going on offline for years. At least in Europe. No idea about other countries.

Ps.: Proof? Unless you speak German that would be completely pointless exercise. I have seen 3rd generation feminism in action. #Aufschrei etc. You think sarkeesian has it bad? You've seen nothing. If you are a male and you are for feminism (aka) gradually growing gender equality, 3rd generation feminists are your own personal hate-mob. This has gone so far that (self proclaimed) feminists demanded actual journalists to be fired because they dared to make balanced articles that does not just pander to 1 side. And the reason it's a culture war is because this entire shit spans WAY beyond gaming and has been going on for years now....

(I am not talking about Gamergate ,p)

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2014, 12:34.

39. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 11:14 eRe4s3r

UHD wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 10:27:
Verno wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 09:19:
Using the word conspiracy is intended to make people look unreasonable or paranoid. There is no "conspiracy" but the gaming press is certainly one sided and there is literal precedent for at least some collusion, they had their little mailing list and then dumped a dozen like minded articles in a 2 day period, all coincidentally saying basically the same thing. That's pretty convincing to me.

The frustration that pushes people towards supporting some of the concepts behind GamerGate (and pushing back against these kinds of editorials) is very understandable, the press doesn't give any of these issues a fair shake and has been pushing an agenda from the beginning. Where was the press reporting on Zoe Quinns fake DMCAs and actively trying to censor reddit? Where are the counter points to Sarkeesian? Many readers like me have sent in editorials, rebuttals and so on, all of it ignored. The only thing that gets press play is essentially men bad, women good.

Because it's a silly Internet slapfight full of labels (MRA/SJW) rather than people/ideas and nobody's listening to anyone. In many cases (harassment, threats, etc.) it's going way too far, but this is video games on the Internet so it's serious business.

You just basically summed up 3rd generation feminists without intentionally doing that I think It could be different per country, but in Germany femnazi's are trying to subvert the actual language that is taught at schools and universities in order to push their bullshit into the mainstream.

If you think Gamergate is only an Internet thing you must have missed the past 6 years of 3rd generation feminist bullshit groups springing up everywhere. And those do NOT have the goal of gender quality, they want to suppress males entirely. Going so far as demanding that women dominate certain industries, and having some success with it.

This entire topic isn't still alive because Gamergate exists (That was always a clusterfuck without direction) but because feminists of the 3rd generation are creating an extremely hostile atmosphere. Just look at the crap FEMEN and the likes pulled.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
3. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 11:08 eRe4s3r

One of the 2 projects I am eagerly awaiting  

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
18. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 29, 2014, 08:51 eRe4s3r

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 08:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 06:14:
None even remotely as grand and crazy as Valkyria Chronicles...

Did you not play alpha centauri?

http://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

Were there anime girls in SMAC ?

Either way, the fault here is that you assume I mean 4X strategy, Valkyria Chonicles was more an ANIME with TB elements. Very very unlike anything else on PC, with the exception of a few Indy games. Also it had strategy elements not found in any other tb game

News Comments > EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed
6. Re: EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed Oct 29, 2014, 08:49 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 08:33:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 03:33:
There wasn't anything in that DEMO that made me want the game enough to spend the money. With so much quality gaming available, I haven't touched a BF game.....probably since that demo.....

I suspect they know that's part of the problem (not that they'll ever admit it). So many people have said it looks like a mod.

I think to most BF players the real issue was that it FELT like a mod, it looked pretty, but there was absolutely nothing of any greatness in there.

And with the BF4 netcode being what it is, they have to offer something insanely good to make most people even bother.

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
16. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 29, 2014, 06:14 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 03:07:
PHJF wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:08:
What a weird game to port: going on seven years old.

PC gamers missed out on this genre entirely: Front Mission, Fire Emblem, Disgaea...

That genre being... turn-based strategy? Pretty sure PC has plenty of that.

None even remotely as grand and crazy as Valkyria Chronicles...

29. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 06:11 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 21:26:
EDIT: Oh, man. I thought it was an interview or something. It's an actual Op Ed written by Anita.

What, did you expect she actually engages in a 2 way dialog? She is just blasting her opinions out, she doesn't care about other opinions.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2014, 13:37 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 12:23:
netnerd85 wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:27:
Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 10:41:
Well, if they want to ban that, shouldn't they ban all sexually suggestive games too? Guess that means they'll be going out of business if that's the case. Fucking clowns.

I agree with the anti-tits terms, you dont need to dress like a whore to show off a video game (applies to MEN and women, they both have tits), do you?

TITS!

For men, we call them moobs. And yes, plenty of moobs in the US.

This will definitely put a damper in quite a few popular girls' channels, who just sit there in their underwear / bikini's and 'play' games.

Wh... What? I've been on Twitch for years and NEVER saw that kind of stuff... I must be missing something obvious.

7419 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo