Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7956 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
60. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 11:36 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:12:
Yeah guys, it's fucking bullying. Sorry, don't mean to come off as a hotshot, just saying I have some real world experience with these things.

There's a difference between asking tough questions and what RPS did. Sorry but I don't agree, you guys are mean spirited and want to destroy a human, I just don't subscribe to that shit.

Except he has a 30 year long track-record

Ehem
Jimquisition

And just for the record, the tone in that interview was simply that of one scorned fan. And if you have fans that hate you, maybe you should rethink your PR strategy and not do interviews like this? Nobody forced him at gunpoint to talk with RPS (Which is what it would take to make me talk with em ;p).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 14, 2015, 09:00 eRe4s3r

Electrocuting yourself while in a tub is hardly news worthy... if this had been a hair drier it would not even have made it here..

So the only connection is that a smart phone was involved? What does it even matter that it was from Apple

42. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 08:58 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 08:49:
The Magician wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 07:30:
Xil wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 02:11:
took me ages to read the RPS article, they did not go gentle on him and at times I thought he would totally break or something....

We should have RPS interview politicians.

That would require people to actually pay attention to politics with the same level of interest as video games. Hell most gamers wouldn't ever install a game if they paid as much attention to the contents of the EULA as they did to marketing hype they routinely dissect - all for the benefit of what boils down to semantic arguments (they said 'they WILL have this feature' rather than 'they would really like to implement this feature' it's FRAUD!!!!!)

Molyneux already had a reputation as being an idealistic dreamer who routinely overpromised (likely due to getting over excited about the possibility of his projects with no one able to pull him back down to the reality of his projects).

On the other hand RPS made themselves seem like bullies with this interview.

And as for his comment about lies I'm guessing he interprets lying as something with actual intent to deceive. I don't think he does that. I really do think he'd like to deliver on everything he claims. Being unrealistic is not the same as lying. RPS never bothered getting clarification, they just kept pushing their own agenda.

When you say you do something and then you don't, then that is lying Whether that is the case with Godus or not I can't say, but over-promising (even without ill intention) in the act of pitching a not-yet-made-game to investors and funders for them to give you actual money is most definitely lying, especially when you knew beforehand that these promises were impossible to meet.

And it's also worth noting that Interviews over telephone are always going to have iffy tone... it's a completely different thing from doing face-to-face interviews. You need to be an interviewer with iron balls to do this kind of interview in person

40. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 08:47 eRe4s3r

The Magician wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 07:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 06:53:
Yeah that article also takes what.. like a good 30 minutes to read through.. holy crap

Sounded like a congressional hearing more than an interview... but in the end it's the sad fucking reality he overpromised, exactly because he is a dreamer (And I mean in a good way) who has visions, but he sucks at explaining them or detailing them. Or realizing what is realistic and what isn't...

I hate to say it, but this may actually be the first *real* interview on a gaming site ever. And I feel some pity for Molyneux.

In the end the only one to blame are the backers of Godus I laughed at that KS seeing nearly entire money was for mobile phone game, with the PC game being nearly an afterthought added to even get money (since mobile kickstarters are not usually successful ..)

Odd, it was available on PC for over a year before mobile.

Yeah, I mean what was on PC looked and played and even felt like a mobile game

35. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 06:53 eRe4s3r

Yeah that article also takes what.. like a good 30 minutes to read through.. holy crap

Sounded like a congressional hearing more than an interview... but in the end it's the sad fucking reality he overpromised, exactly because he is a dreamer (And I mean in a good way) who has visions, but he sucks at explaining them or detailing them. Or realizing what is realistic and what isn't...

I hate to say it, but this may actually be the first *real* interview on a gaming site ever. And I feel some pity for Molyneux.

In the end the only one to blame are the backers of Godus I laughed at that KS seeing nearly entire money was for mobile phone game, with the PC game being nearly an afterthought added to even get money (since mobile kickstarters are not usually successful ..)

27. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 01:59 eRe4s3r

Bluesnews

Where the admin comment is more entertaining than the actual news

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 14, 2015, 00:48 eRe4s3r

mch wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 10:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 00:39:
What landlord even supports that nowadays? (Honest question.. is that a thing in the USA? Here you can not pay your rent with a check)

Yep, you can absolutely pay with a check. I choose to - I could pay online but the assholes charge me another $75 or so as a processing fee or something. Ridiculous.

What? A 75$ fee for doing something that costs a company nothing (there is no processing fee for receiving money on a bank account....) what the actual fuck? Are you sure you are not renting a mafia owned building?

That is absolutely hilarious then. Here I transfer it online every month with a ID (which I can add to online bank transactions) that identifies it as rent for this object and everything is automatic, as in literally, the entire rent process is run by a computer. In Germany it is very very suspicious if you tried to pay with a check or cash for rent. It tells the landlord that you don't have a giro account, and that means you are likely in huge debt, or a criminal, or a dreaded rent nomad. And you can imagine how the landlord looks at you then.

News Comments > AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs
11. Re: AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs Feb 13, 2015, 13:45 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 11:03:
Don't the older Thubans have six physical cores though as opposed to the three and four we have in the current FX 63xx and 83xx Piledrivers? Not that it matters much on the gaming front though.

Yeah, 6 true cores ,) And some decent OC potential.. sadly not my 1055T But hey it was dirt cheap, and it still runs everything.. was a good buy back then. And It's why I am super sad AMD is just running in the dirt nowadays, I7 is just an utter beast. And because I built one of these things for my friend I know what I am missing out on. ;/

News Comments > AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs
3. Re: AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs Feb 13, 2015, 10:58 eRe4s3r

The funny thing is I still run an Phenom II X6 1055T ... so to me there comparisons are really strange.. my CPU shouldn't be able to run anything beyond "minumum", yet it runs mostly anything just fine  

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
29. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 13, 2015, 09:11 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 08:37:
Julio wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 05:16:
z0dd wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 01:43:
Am I the only one who was hoping for turn-based combat instead of real-time?

No you weren't the only one. At least Kickstarted games still have it.

No fricking thank you, Turned based sucks for Coop. Divinity Original Sin is a perfect example of how slow and drawn out it can be. in fact I tried playing Coop several times with my fiends and we never made it beyond 3 hours because of the slowness of it.

I am actually amazed D:OS is even considered a good coop game. That is what, a good 30 hours long game, and that means a sessions to play through with another person over 5 or 10 weeks, at which point after every load I would have no friggin clue where I left off. That'd drive me insane. THis is the fastest way for me to never finish a game, when I drop it mid-game for longer than 3 or 4 days I simply never ever restart that game. (MP shooters excluded)

21. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 13, 2015, 01:52 eRe4s3r

z0dd wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 01:43:
Am I the only one who was hoping for turn-based combat instead of real-time?

Yes ,)

D:OS has TONS of combat / out of combat issues because of their weird obsession with turn based step by step combat. Combat RT with pause, based on DnD (So you still have rounds) is far superior.

Or so I think anyway

18. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 13, 2015, 00:52 eRe4s3r

Oh look.. after Kickstarter spawned Torment 2 and Pillars of Eternity, Wizard of the coast noticed that it forgot the entire genre for nearly a decade..

And what do they come up with? ... Sword Coast? Seriously? The most boring area in the forgotten realms?

Mhhh.. we'll see I guess. This can't have been long in development considering when DnD 5 released.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 13, 2015, 00:39 eRe4s3r

What landlord even supports that nowadays? (Honest question.. is that a thing in the USA? Here you can not pay your rent with a check)  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 12:12 eRe4s3r

Thanks I am super super super hyped for this (And Backer, obviously!).. and I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 09:26 eRe4s3r

Is the game still on track for 26th March?  

News Comments > Total War: Attila Preloads
3. Re: Total War: Attila Preloads Feb 12, 2015, 02:39 eRe4s3r

Tehol wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 22:31:
Nope!

Nope!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 09:08 eRe4s3r

Arithon wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 03:40:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 22:07:
And would it kill them to build some radically different space stations, or better still port entrances? Maybe a circle or a square or even a triangle?

*snip*

So is there a point to playing this yet? You know, actual *gameplay* that does something more than just raise a few imaginary numbers (creds and reputaiton) up a few notches?

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
46. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 09:03 eRe4s3r

mellis wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 18:27:
It's odd, but the monster artwork in Evolve looks like it was lifted straight from Shiny's Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Compare Evolve to Giants: Citizen Kabuto - uncanny?

They look pretty different to me... maw is different, leg structure different, back is different... If you go by that argumentation all humans look uncanny alike too.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Next Month
7. Re: Cities: Skylines Next Month Feb 11, 2015, 08:45 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 08:19:
These are the videos I've watched, part 1 and part 2
The game looks so much like SimCity.

Looks like a better Sim City to me

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 11, 2015, 05:11 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 13:40:
Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 13:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:45:
Merkel has mastered the art governing a nation without actually governing it. And for some absurd fucked up reason people love that here.

Because of the economy. People love leaders that their country flourishes under, regardless of the amount of impact that leader has.

I am not judging Merkel here as I do not know how much impact she's had on the economy. I recall articles saying quite a bit, but did not read them so I can't judge how accurate I feel they are.

But to your point, regardless of her actual impact, the economy has been improving since the crash 8 years ago, and people don't want to mess with that.

Even if that weren't the case, since the SPD introduced Hartz IV there is no actual choice to the CDU/CSU (ie. Merkel) anymore, even if Merkel is how she is, the alternative is the party that's literally called "Verräterpartei" in Germany (Party of Betrayers)

Hartz 4 is one of the most anti-social laws ever invented. It has literally created an entire underprivileged subclass within the nation, and it was introduced by Gerhard Schröder who promptly lost the next election (And killed the SPD for eternity) with these (and other) laws.

To give you an perspective, the actual choices on federal level elections are CDU, Grünen, Die Linke, SPD

And all we get to decide here lately (nearly a decade)is who gets to govern with the CDU. Not who gets to govern, because the majority wants status quo. And I hand it to Merkel, status quo is what you get when you vote her... at least she doesn't betray the voters like the SPD did.

7956 Comments. 398 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo