Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8183 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
42. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 14:17 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 12:57:
Uh, I guess that whole joke thing was kinda of hilarious. I wonder if someone will mod it back to how it was before lol.

Knowing the Internet, someone already did and posted it on the nexus

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 12:52 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 02:03:
Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 01:59:
There is another patch currently downloading for me. ~ 580MB (the first one was a GB.)

600MB patch to fix a lockpicking bug...?

Just one cds worth of data. And it's Obsidian.

That patch with no info patched ALL level files and the main resource file as well as about 100 unity3d files.. so what the heck was that?

(That's on top of the patch yesterday)

36. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 08:38 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 19:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 19:10:

Either I am getting old (doubtful) or this end-boss OR the companions have bad skill design. My mage to reiterate, has accuracy 86 and the enemy dude has defense 140 against magic.

Well, sorry to hear you are having trouble; I'm amazed you are at the end of the game at 46 hours! Also, you are getting older, every second of every day, in fact.

I am at like 60 hours already, just entered act 3. Steamrolling everything though, currently level 11. Have you beaten all of the Endless Paths yet? Because I'd hate to hear the game's end boss is harder than the EP end boss...wow.

Also yes, the NPCs aren't really min-maxed a whole lot, but there is a lot of +stat gear available to help even them out a bit.

I'm kinda looking forward to beating the Final Boss after reading your post, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit.

I give you that But you'd think 20+ years of RPG and DnD (including JRPG's et al) experience would help.

And yeah, I am of course getting older. But I am still young at heart

Ps.: Because I didn't want to spoil the entire game I did not finish Endless paths beyond level 10 and a few side quests. For the 2nd playthrough

6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 3, 2015, 19:10 eRe4s3r

I am in the same boat, as much as I was hyped and.. I put 46 hours into this still without managing to beat the final boss.. which is a first for me and kinda has soured my experience because from BG2 I know that every encounter should have a solution, but this encounter has none except pure dumb luck regarding hit rolls on magic.. fucking accuracy on magic 80 vs 140 so you need a +60 roll to GRACE) the fuck.... And I don't like the combat system either.

For some reason even BG2 felt more.. I don't know... solid? When I had a buffed tank then that tank tanked properly, could taunt and do other stuff. All PoEt did so far was make me want a new game in the OLD infinity engine... how sad is that ;(

I can't even express how much this final boss pisses me off. This ain't a big brawl with equal characters. This ain't you vs Irenicus. Against Irenicus you could apply fair tactics, he was a mage, and assuming you had counters for that (which clerics and mages DO) then you have no problem.

This is you vs an OP cheating dude that can cast an aura that does 100 endurance damage PER TURN with 60 points more accuracy than you ever could achieve on a mage and 2 stone statues that can both apply AOE Knock-downs of various kinds (including the kind that burns and does damage) sigh.. I just think this is a super lame boss fight. And by the frigging gods. I can solo BG2, I defeated enemies in Agarest and other games that were far far harder. But never in an RPG, ever, have I met an main-story end boss that with my favorite "choice" first playthrough party I could not defeat.

Either I am getting old (doubtful) or this end-boss OR the companions have bad skill design. My mage to reiterate, has accuracy 86 and the enemy dude has defense 140 against magic. The fuck? This means EVERY SINGLE SPELL I cast on the big mage dude (to prevent him from insta killing me) has a less than 35% hit chance. And remember, a roll that comes up to 140 is still only a grace which halves the spell effect in all respects, including duration.

I feel like to win I'd have to cheat in this fight...

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow
26. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 3, 2015, 17:38 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 15:48:
Chalk one up for Steam for not having a belabored patch process like Origin/GOG.

Apparently it will be "a few days" for those services to release this patch. According to the dev in that thread, GOG/Origin do their own QA and patch building, whereas Steam allows the developer to upload and create them directly.

This Friday and the 2 days after are also a very heavily enforced holiday in Poland/Germany and many other countries. So this is why the patch will come on Monday at the soonest.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
18. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 17:35 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 17:07:
Like it or not, I think that network only (no console) gaming is going to happen. I think all there will be in the future is cloud based gaming...and taking a small pill that transmits your neural responses wirelessly to .... THE CLOUD! Of course once my brain waves are transmitted to the cloud...the police will probably be showing up very soon afterwards

You have a lot of faith in the police In reality the national agencies will just share it on top level and never ever tell the police anything. NSU terrorism in Germany was covered by state agencies. Police work and inquiries were deliberately sabotaged. And to this day the politicians that knew about this are in power and paid by the people.

If anything more technology allows more ways of resisting a corrupt government. Via dark-nets, stealthed drone transports etc. You can block the Internet, but you can't block a drone on autopilot.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2015, 14:23 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:20:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 12:27:
It's just that most of the content is so bad it makes you wonder why people even try. Unless you can knock it out of the park with something genius like Burger King's Left Handed Whopper don't bother. Most of them come off as sad little cries for attention.

I thought there was some funny stuff this year. Sorry that eraser is so down on the day.

It's because some idiot modder for KSP (Construction Times) made on April 1st a "fake Nag screen" in KSP that broke my entire first start procedures after a 15 minute load time. Fuck that guy and fuck April first ,) *cough*

Maybe next year my experience will be better.. ^^

Ps.: Just one of many examples why April First is bad
Automated trading scripts can't tell a joke

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2015, 14:42.

15. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 14:20 eRe4s3r

bhcompy wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:32:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 13:12:
So the PS5 will just be a box that streams games from a central server?

Eh, more for demos and the ability to stream your PS5 elsewhere, just like you can with your PS4 and Vita

Doesn't even need to be a box for that, just a controller with some networking and rendering functionality....

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2015, 10:45 eRe4s3r

World will be better once we have rid the Internet of April 1st... most pointless waste of time ever. I mean half the time news are already so wacky you can't be sure, April 1st just adds more bullshit in the mix. It isn't funny, and worse, often redundant...  

4. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 10:31 eRe4s3r

Whatever the case, that's some grade A bullshit PR spin ,p Sony enhancing gamer experiences.. yeah but not OnLive gamers huh? ^^  

20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 3, 2015, 06:23 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 22:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 20:07:
Vall Forran wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 19:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:35:
I am stuck on the last boss and can't beat him with my first party.. huh. I wonder if I can still change difficulty......

You should be able to, as long as you're not playing iron man mode, or whatever the one death game over setting is.

It requires a "map change" to change.. not quite sure what that means in terms of end-fight and where it changes that exactly.. sigh I don't wanna walk that entire thing again. I have literally dead-ended myself in this save on normal. Level 11/10 is too low for end-fight with companion party and my char +.+ And I seem to have a few very bad skill choices ;/

I thought the whole big thing about Eternity was that there were no "bad builds"?

Heh... there are definitely bad builds to be had. And the end-fight is absurd.

14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 2, 2015, 20:07 eRe4s3r

Vall Forran wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 19:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:35:
I am stuck on the last boss and can't beat him with my first party.. huh. I wonder if I can still change difficulty......

You should be able to, as long as you're not playing iron man mode, or whatever the one death game over setting is.

It requires a "map change" to change.. not quite sure what that means in terms of end-fight and where it changes that exactly.. sigh I don't wanna walk that entire thing again. I have literally dead-ended myself in this save on normal. Level 11/10 is too low for end-fight with companion party and my char +.+ And I seem to have a few very bad skill choices ;/

10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 2, 2015, 18:35 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 13:01 eRe4s3r

BobBob wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:27:
Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:25:
Well it's supposed to hit 15 today and 10 tomorrow, but the next week is back into well below seasonal - below by 10 degrees on average, sigh - then the week after that looks like it's supposed to start getting back into the norms. Fingers effing crossed.

Celsius or Fahrenheit? (22 C today and 26 C tomorrow - here).

I wonder if my neighbors will stop washing their cars outside. I wonder if the water restrictions will really be enforced.

You'll notice that the gov means it when you get a bonus for reporting people that waste water like that.. until then I'd say no.

News Comments > BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming
1. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 2, 2015, 10:35 eRe4s3r

When an easter egg is more OP than all vehicles in the game... what does that tell us about the game?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 09:49 eRe4s3r

Survived is good.. snow flakes and a heavy storm .. 5 roof tiles went AWOL and I only found 2 .. the heck! Where and how the fuck do HEAVY roof tiles fly away for me not to be able to find them anywhere? I mean for gods sake, those things are not exactly able to fly, and they are *gone*

The funny thing is, I remember that it snowed exactly once on April 2nd in my life before. ONCE. This is now the second time (and it came together with the most severe storm in quite a while).

Although the one time It snowed during Easter in my life I was very very young and looked for easter eggs in the snow. That was fun.... also strange.

So yeah ;p

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 2, 2015, 09:39 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 23:50:
I actually think Google is making me dumber. Instead of remembering stuff in my head, I just remember how to find it.

That's making you smarter, not dumber. As a study showed Reliance on external memory for OTHER memories makes people remember new things up to 50% better.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 1, 2015, 19:53 eRe4s3r

That was a interesting read (the chip process related one)  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
26. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 16:23 eRe4s3r

No, the load time issue I mean, and that I posted in that original topic in the tech forums, is related to some other sort of bloat, not fixed by the save-cleaner.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:27 eRe4s3r

That load time issue gets MUCH worse later on, there is an ENTIRE second city in act 3... I stopped playing for now ^^

I can't really criticize it yet, fully, but from the pure mechanics I don't much like this combat system AT ALL. I guess I do like the engagement system which allows blocking paths, but I hate the spell system and the talents.. the short durations on everything. I want spells that last longer than 4 seconds (I hated that in DnD alread) and worse is Druids shapeshift only works for 15 seconds.. sigh.

8183 Comments. 410 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo