Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8056 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10 [Updated]
9. Re: Steam Top 10 [Updated] Mar 8, 2015, 16:53 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:56:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:12:
You have to wonder how many of these people actually play these titles.

I can answer that for GTA V. Zero.

You are wrong it's 8
https://steamdb.info/app/271590/graphs/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
15. Re: &#956;Torrent Mar 8, 2015, 09:18 eRe4s3r

Rhialto wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 21:30:
Squirmer wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 18:10:
Rhialto wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 20:44:
It's &#956;Torrent btw, not uTorrent.
It's ampersandhashninefivesixsemicolonTorrent? Bit of a mouthful.
Exactly, Google &#956; and see.

For some reason BN show it correctly when writing/editing, but not when viewing comments.

It's because this perl implementation can't handle unicode.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 15:51 eRe4s3r

Lack of PC gameplay footage is why I will not buy this anywhere near release. As sad as it is, but Witcher 3 is for me currently a "let's play on youtube first, to see the GUI and how combat works with KB/M" kind of deal

And 8 months and still no gameplay from the PC version is not making me want to buy this any more... usually means they have something to hide.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month
5. Re: Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month Mar 7, 2015, 02:14 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 22:39:
What the hell is with the Disney trailer for this expansion?

Tells you about the target market

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 7, 2015, 02:05 eRe4s3r

Using transmission as well..  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2015, 02:03 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 22:26:
Leigh "I'm a megaphone, killing careers, and railing on hoodmen" Alexander gone from Gamasutra, who'd have thought? Wonder if the site will start to recover now that their screwed up eic is gone.

Rejoice and blesseth the heavens, the devil is gone. Gamasutra is finally readable again.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic
9. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic Mar 6, 2015, 14:36 eRe4s3r

djinn wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 14:18:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 14:12:
I thought this was both beautiful and entertaining.

Agree. Kinda like how Epic (and some other devs) are getting a bit more daring in how they present their stuff, instead of the macho crap we've been getting drowned in for the past few decades.

When we are on an artistic criticism spree

Grass and stuff is not reacting to the boys steps nor body passing THROUGH them (you can see this at the beginning, and same problem as in the Unity tech demo too.. where characters have somehow no solid connection to the ground, as if the engine can't handle "in-shadow" shadows (also called Ambient Occlusion, but the term has been perverted by screen-space implementations, when AO is a scene-space effect)
Falling in water usually makes more than just dropples of water off-screen
cloths get wet, boots soggy, hair wet.. noticed that they didn't simulate hair properly, or cloth physics?
The hair is one solid ugly static mesh
No footprints... (wet boots make wet footprints)

So I am sorry, but I've seen more realistic graphics years ago ;p (Like... in Tomb Raider...)

Also it is EXTREMELY weak they didn't show the water react. Not even simple shader ripples?
Morrowind has that... MORROWIND! ^^

Graphically not very impressive. But judging it based purely on real-time it IS impressive. There is going to be a time very soon when you can't tell render movies from game graphics anymore. That time is not now, and that time is not with Unreal Engine 4.. but we are close. Also artistically their previous UE4 demo (the one where they made that "movie esque sequence" was FAR more impressive. But as it is always with these engines, they can handle tech and hard geometry better than nature, hair, cloth and water.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
30. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 14:17 eRe4s3r

If the high end rift players are all talking like you, then if a class can solo rifts is about the only relevant factor anyway.. ^^  

News Comments > etc., etc.
21. Re: etc., etc. Mar 6, 2015, 12:50 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 01:02:
Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 16:23:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 13:28:
Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 09:38:
You'll be able to pay Microsoft $60 for a wireless adapter that should have come in the friggin box in the first place. Seriously who makes a wired controller in 2015?!

I only buy wired controllers.

I never know if you're kidding or not mr joker

IMO every controller should be wireless by default with the option to wire it to a USB port.

Not kidding in this case. Never had luck with wireless keyboards. I've had two, and input is too laggy for games and they're always losing connection. Even my wifi to my devices cuts out every couple days and I have to reconnect it manually. Wires are a bit messy, but the connection is solid and reliable, and I never need to worry about charging or batteries. I've had one of my xbox controllers for 4 years and it still works as well as the day I bought it.

Sounds like you have interference issues. I have a wireless keyboard, trackball, wireless networking, and a ps4 controller (and the ps4 wireless) all within one room, with no issues...

No way in hell I'd go back to wired.

No issues, aside from the fact you have to recharge the batteries every single time. Which for most people that have other things to do.. is the primary issue ,) Also a wireless mouse is substantially heavier.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
23. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 12:48 eRe4s3r

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:29:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:19:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:49:
Tim Collins wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:43:
d2 was solid, d3 sucked because the same people that made d2 had moved on to bigger and better things and the rejects were left to make d3.

Hellgate London was bigger and better?

Might as well rant here. Hellgate London is the best/most advanced diablo clone ever. I LOVE that game. Sure, it didn't deliver on its promises, angered a lot of people, and isn't perfect, but it was still a damn fun game. Its systems are better than D3's in every way. It's now free to play too and there's enough content to go forward into the "main quest" for... ever. It saddens me deeply that its failure means that we probably will never see a similar game again. Borderlands is a joke compared to this. Borderlands has a much better story though...

I really really didn't like it, but it's nice to see that it has it's fans. I don't like Borderlands either, though.

Mhhh.. Hellgate London has it's moments, but I hated Borderlands 2 and whatever the other one was to the bones. I didn't much like Diablo 2 unmodded at all.. D3 at least is SOMEWHAT fun.. for a while. The problem is whenever they announce a new patch on PTR that has loot changes there is literally no reason to actually play the game ;(

15. Re: etc., etc. Mar 5, 2015, 13:01 eRe4s3r

SXO wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 09:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 22:29:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:33:
Evolve Is Dying - Ten Ton Hammer…

OUCH.

Yeah yikes that article threw a shovel of dirt over Turtle Rock

A 1 trick pony not successful.. say it ain't so. L4D is quite different to Evolve, because the maps themselves are the enemy. Not just the zombies. And you had plenty different objectives.
I think the fact that it didn't cost $100+ to have all the L4D content is another factor. People don't care if the rest of that content is coming later down the road. Perception is king. They're telling people pay $60 for half the game.

If you are a cynic you might even say that they want you to pay full price for a single l4d map with a lot of fluff around it

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2015, 11:38 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:31:
0% motion sickness rate with miniscule user testing is believable but not sustainable

Simulator sickness solvable by technology.. i would be more worried about what comes after you exit VR.. because that seems to kick a far more severe punch (even to people not getting motion sick)

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Trailer
4. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Trailer Mar 5, 2015, 11:07 eRe4s3r

If the city garrison hasn't noticed thousands of ratmen then nothing you tell that garrison will make a difference anyway.

Ps.: Why the bloody hell does nobody ever make a good Warhammer RPG? Why always this coop nonsense. Or RTS games, or fuck, arcade mobile crap. Why not SKYRIM scale RPG ?

News Comments > Source 2 Games Must Use Steam
6. Re: Source 2 Games Must Use Steam Mar 5, 2015, 10:39 eRe4s3r

For all this talk of engine stuff there is very little to actually see of this engine... where is the tech demo?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 09:50 eRe4s3r

yeah.. because mobile devices have the power to render 4k at 120hz....  

News Comments > Magicka 2 in May
7. Re: Magicka 2 in May Mar 5, 2015, 08:01 eRe4s3r

Now I want to rewatch game of thrones.. curse you random trailer

Manpire or Vampire?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 02:06 eRe4s3r

It's good there are VR competitors now.. Oculus may have been the first, but who is the best is something we'll see by the end of 2015.

And btw, I also think the only way with VR is going to be with custom controllers. Even ignoring the BASIC problem (VR not knowing where your hands are) you need to have a controller that is connected and linked to movements within the game...

But all that said, 120HZ it needs to be, and it won't be 4K at 120hz with mini-hdmi

News Comments > TITAN X GPU Unveiled
18. Re: TITAN X GPU Unveiled Mar 5, 2015, 01:22 eRe4s3r

There is not a lot to learn just going by this pre-announcement.....

How many cores, Mantle/DX12/Vulcan support? Temperature and fan noise? Power consumption? Heck, even "how much framebuffer does it really have" kind of info ;p

News Comments > Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity
18. Re: Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity Mar 5, 2015, 01:01 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:39:
Wow, CDR will now begin when a skill effect ends? That doesn't just remove the possibility of perma-immunity it severely nerfs a lot of stuff in the game, most notably perhaps the Wand of Woh, which relies heavily on CDR to put out decent dps.

You should read the news blues posts ;p

8. Re: etc., etc. Mar 4, 2015, 22:29 eRe4s3r

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:33:
Evolve Is Dying - Ten Ton Hammer…

OUCH.

Yeah yikes that article threw a shovel of dirt over Turtle Rock

A 1 trick pony not successful.. say it ain't so. L4D is quite different to Evolve, because the maps themselves are the enemy. Not just the zombies. And you had plenty different objectives.

8056 Comments. 403 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo