Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7419 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
20. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 21:45 eRe4s3r

I pledged 60$ at the start during actual funding phase and that's exactly as much as I am ever going to spend on this ... yay me

It's quite nice that others throw money at this, maybe with 100 million it will be the first crowd funded space game to rule them all for eternity. Or it will be the biggest failure ever made and kill crowd-funding for an entire generation.

But FYI, All I care about is the offline sandbox. Maybe with story, and with modability.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 16:47 eRe4s3r

Atomic wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:37:
Sounds like VR has found it's "killer app". I've never been real thrilled about using VR with an FPS, but this sounds pretty exciting.

Can't wait CV1 where are you

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans
23. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 6, 2014, 15:49 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 09:00:
Anyway, editing the cfg to only have it check for games with ping below 100 fixed the random high lag matches (it allows for pings up to 800 !!!! by default)

Link?

Better than link

Go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Advanced Warfare\players2

open up config_mp.cfg
look for seta cl_maxPing "800"
and change it to seta cl_maxPing "100"

Then make that file read-only so stupid cod-aw doesn't change it back. And tadaa.. your first game will always end up on a 100ms ping or better connection. But remember that other people can still lag like shit. So ymmv

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Nov 6, 2014, 04:42 eRe4s3r

Bit Shifter demo only via Desura ;/ What a waste of my time I thought...

But then...
http://www.desura.com/games/bitshifter/download/6809

Might be worth something to someone.. who is lazy like me, and just wants to try it. But couldn't find a link anywhere quickly ,p

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 6, 2014, 03:57 eRe4s3r

Might be for the better that Desura goes to someone that actually gives a shit about it. Linden Labs has literally done nothing with the platform.  

20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 6, 2014, 01:38 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:05:
Yep, if by skill you mean "hosting the game" .. because that's the fucking "win" button....
Oh yeah? How many hours have you played the game? Did you not win matches where you weren't the host?

Sorry to call you out again...but I highly doubt you have actual experience with losing because you weren't the host in Advanced Warfare. It just isn't a big deal right now with 20k+ players. It is incredibly easy to get into games where you have less than 100 ping and no packet loss. No excuses.

I am rank 28 whatever that means, and I played about 100 rounds now. At least I think that's how many, I don't see where it tracks that.

Of those I hosted 12 rounds, of those 12 I was always first or second in list with a KD above 2.0 The other games constantly lower KD's, hilarious melee situations (ie, enemy is far away yet I die from melee) etc. pp.

There is skill involved in some levels and game modes sure, and the movement is fun. But it's laggy as shit. Anyway, editing the cfg to only have it check for games with ping below 100 fixed the random high lag matches (it allows for pings up to 800 !!!! by default)

Since I modified that cfg I had some very fun matches... but the fact remains, the netcode is shit. Game needs dedicated servers or it'll have zero future. Which would be a shame because the double jumping strafing is fun.

But who the hell thought it a good idea to implement PRONE in a fast paced mobility based game like this.... sigh

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 6, 2014, 01:34 eRe4s3r

One of the rare Kickstarters where the money they ask for is not for the actual game, but for the software licenses, marketing and website hosting costs.

It's too bad it's for a really boring game Because this is what KS should really be about. Kickstarting aka "Angel Investing in" the development of a game.

16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 19:05 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:44:
So yeah, huge credit to Sledgehammer. If you want a very fast, very skillful FPS, I'm declaring AW as king. And please, before you hate, actually play the MP for yourself for at least an hour.

Yep, if by skill you mean "hosting the game" .. because that's the fucking "win" button....

8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

0) Dedicated servers

?

News Comments > Sun Sets on Dawngate
11. Re: Sun Sets on Dawngate Nov 5, 2014, 02:56 eRe4s3r

RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 21:54:
I never even knew this game existed until now.

Same here...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
80. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 4, 2014, 20:50 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 19:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:11:
So... 50 or so rounds, netcode is utter shit. What a disappointment no dedicated servers, HOST dominates every single game because only host sees what's really going on, the others see lag.

COD AW has one of the shittiest ping systems ever as well, out of boredom I looked up what 3 bars ping actually means.. well it means ping below 199..

That shit isn't playable. BF4, 20ms ping

I assume this is mostly in jest....not my experience at all. If you play before noon, you end up in Euro servers. I haven't had any trouble, just one game where I started 0-13, something seemed weird, I stuck it out, ended up 10-20, and the next round I was something around 25-14....so....I dunno.

That BF4 comment? heh. Some of the worst net code in recent memory is BF3 and BF4...they even mask the problems.

I do agree, host rules. I went 31-7 when I was host. No one could get the drop on me and only deaths were from behind.

I probably should have added a word there.. I meant it's just as shitty as BF4 feels even with a 20ms ping. Sometimes the lag-gods are on your side, 9 out of 10 they are not. And there is clearly already botters around. At least if the kill cam is any indication

77. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 4, 2014, 15:32 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:11:
So... 50 or so rounds, netcode is utter shit. What a disappointment no dedicated servers, HOST dominates every single game because only host sees what's really going on, the others see lag.

COD AW has one of the shittiest ping systems ever as well, out of boredom I looked up what 3 bars ping actually means.. well it means ping below 199..

Nice
Glad I didn't buy this one

Well for 30 i am not complaining.. maybe they fix this at some point. Either way, as German the ping situation is downright horrible. EXO mode is kinda fun but with netcode being what it is (which means it's even worse than Titan Fail, including host migrations and all that lovely console crap we all so love in fps games nowadays.

It's also worth noting that the MP also has a massively limited weapon selection and everything works differently... SP is nearly a completely different game!

75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 4, 2014, 14:11 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
57. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 22:48 eRe4s3r

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 19:43:
My God...THE Banter...so fake and stupid...

Of all the things they showed.. that was the only thing that really bugged me. The banter was not just fake, with proper HUD it would have been completely pointless.

Well, and that aside, how about next time showing off the engine with some fucking LIGHTS ON (in the level).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2014, 22:28 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 14:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:10:
Is there any reason that nobody is building a magnetic launch ramp for space-vehicles on the side of some high mountain? Wouldn't that make a dual-carrier space-launch moot? And save tons of money (since you could likely skip the booster stage entirely, if you don't have to obey G limitations for human transport)
The Greens have blocked all attempts on the grounds that it would ruin the beautiful mountain views.

I have thought about this at times, but I wonder if the technical limitations are just too daunting.
1. Maglev is still far from a mature technology
2. You'd need some kind of carrier sled, so that's added complexity when you detach at 17,000 KPH or whatever.
3. The vibrations during acceleration could damage the vehicle
4. Intense magnetic fields used for acceleration could damage the craft electronics.
5. You'd have to build it in a place guaranteed of having no seismic activity, which is pretty limiting since many mountains are produced by seismic activity

There are probably others, but that's off the top of my head.

Mhhh.. 3 and 4 is not an issue, maglev has no magnetic fields reaching into the actual vehicle, they are extremely focused on the actual engine part. And vibrations... well let's just say that a mag-lev feels like you are sitting on a water bed, except when it accelerates you feel the pull of your weight several times over ;p Without windows you couldn't even tell it was moving when it wasn't making a turn or accelerating...

(German maglev test track had visitor hours back then ,p)

Ps.: You only need 8000km/h at 60km height.. to save the entire 2500 ton first stage. (Which gets barely 36T of space-ship into space) so any savings in that area would be massive.... this is why that other company tries to piggy back the sub-orbital vehicle. The first 60km are where you waste 95% of all fuel. So a full blown space elevator wouldn't even be required, just the first 60km ,p

And with proper supports, a ramp would probably be able to reach higher than 10km in the sky and when you put it leaning to a mountain, you could extend that accordingly..... Earthquake safety is a problem.. but I would guess the insane acceleration in dense atmosphere is the real issue. You'd probably need ablative shielding just for accelerating ,p Mag-Lev was really designed for vacuum tubes when you get down to it, where it has no physical speed limit (well, except the size of the engine/strength of the magnets/energy you got doing the limiting ,p)

Mhhhhhhhh.... it's too bad nobody does any real research into space elevators at this point. The materials are too expensive, but as I understand it the real problem is that nobody wants to shoulder the cost to research it, even though it would make space travel basically free of cost. And give whoever builds the damn thing a HUGE economic advantage.

Guess I am not going to see this in my lifetime...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 22:15 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 17:32:
PropheT wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 16:01:
Rossini wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 14:42:
Maybe I played way too much Civ 5. But is anyone else finding Civ: Beyond Earth boring?

I like it really well, but after a first game that went pretty much perfectly I haven't been able to complete any more. I got to a late turn in my next game, and the game just ended with no feedback as to why. The next game, Elodie gives me a dialog about going to war with someone in turn 300-something and the game locks up; can't reply to her, can't get out of it, reloading an earlier save doesn't help. Same thing next game.

Doesn't take much to make you not want to play after getting to turn 300+ in a Civ game and not being able to finish multiple times. I like the game, but it's hard to recommend when that's the experience I keep getting.

Eeekk... Definitely waiting on some patches first then...

Da game insta ends if AI gets a victory.. no screen, no message, nothing..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2014, 10:10 eRe4s3r

Is there any reason that nobody is building a magnetic launch ramp for space-vehicles on the side of some high mountain? Wouldn't that make a dual-carrier space-launch moot? And save tons of money (since you could likely skip the booster stage entirely, if you don't have to obey G limitations for human transport)  

News Comments > Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Released
13. Re: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Released Nov 2, 2014, 00:25 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 21:38:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 20:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 18:18:
So that random thread there aside.. this is basically the excel version of KSP.. right?

Dunno, waiting for it to come down from Slitherine now. I'll let you know when it gets done in...6 hours.

It's very confusing, needlessly complex and about as much fun as punching yourself in the genitals while wearing brass knuckles.

Back to KSP for me!

So it's just like excel

I wouldn't mind if KSP had a mode like that, with real hard-core possibility of equipment failures and a mission control mode instead of a "you control everything" mode. Would make the entire thing a lot more exciting. (Given that I already did everything there is in KSP ,p)

News Comments > Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Released
9. Re: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Released Nov 1, 2014, 18:18 eRe4s3r

So that random thread there aside.. this is basically the excel version of KSP.. right?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat Oct 31, 2014, 13:38 eRe4s3r

So far I've seen about 10 rounds, 5 of which developed into a completely marine dominated grenade spamfest.. but marines still lost to a coordinated rush. And bad map design (1 corner allowed near 5 room long range attack on their ammo supply as alien)

Pretty much an OK game.. gets much better with minimal AV and crosshair mod. How they thought it is acceptable to run alien without crosshair that turns red on hit I don't get ;p (for melee that is)

7419 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo