Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8729 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 4 Next Week
1. Re: Life is Strange Episode 4 Next Week Jul 23, 2015, 11:56 eRe4s3r

Spoilers galore! ;/  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 07:51 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:03:
When you have infinite resources at your disposal, and technology to use and refine them, aggression becomes unnecessary.

Religion wishes to disagree with you. Even if you gave people that join IS or Boku Haram everything material that exists, they would still try to massacre you for simply believing in something else. Then you would have the many terrorists who simply hate you because you are of a different nationality.. or who hate you because you have more than them.

No, humanity is doomed and the animals that murder innocents (I refuse to call IS members humans) will never be part of the enlightened part of our race as you describe. Even if you could somehow find infinite resources, which most definitely do not exist. Everything is finite in some way or another. And solar power isn't a solution either, after 15 years you can throw these expensive and difficult to make solar panels in the thrash and hope you still have energy somewhere to actually produce the stuff you need to make new ones...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 23, 2015, 07:23 eRe4s3r

144 deaths vs 1.7 million robotic procedures

Ehem.... chance to die is 600 times ! higher just driving in normal traffic.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer
5. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Jul 23, 2015, 00:00 eRe4s3r

I hope this is gonna have AI companions..  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Global Server Expansion
10. Re: MechWarrior Online Global Server Expansion Jul 22, 2015, 23:52 eRe4s3r

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 13:22:

The last time this game came up there was much whining about P2W, 3PV, and CW.... Yet none of those folks could provide a single argument/example that had an impact on the current game.

What? You can buy in-game consumables with real money and 4 of them ONLY with real money. That makes it pay to win, you can pay to circumvent gameplay elements.

Whether it helps you to literally win or not is irrelevant...

Also I assume you know that MWO has such bad population numbers that they removed the 3/3/3/3 drop limitation because wait times got too long, resulting in broken match making

And what I mean with IP? Look at recent official Battletech games, Mech Assault, MWO and that's it. MW was for decades a SP focused game with some MP features. Now all that's left is garbage console releases, freemium nonsense and a mod. You are right the rabbid Battletech fans are 1 reason this happened, but the other is that if you ignore your old fanbase entirely (as happened with MWO), that fanbase is going to hate you in return. I still remember how this game was "advertised", even before the pledging for it and what it became now.. that is what I mean with travesty.

Battletech is nowadays dead. Micropose was the one that put it on the table and made it shine.. Microsoft was the company that bothered to keep it alive and with Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries actually sort of approached perfection. And now? Now we have the choice between 2 newer games that have very little to do with what made Battletech fun.

Reality? MW 4 mercs + mektek is still superior, 13 years after.

And you can still find the DL for that if you look, even though MekTek "disappeared"

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Global Server Expansion
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Global Server Expansion Jul 22, 2015, 13:08 eRe4s3r

Uhuh.. how many are still playing this? Last I heard there was some outcry about it being total pay to win bullshit now... and when it wasn't that, it was 1 shot gunboat shit...

MWO is that 1 mech game I wish didn't exist, because Piranha Games managed to do what they always do when they touch anything. They fucked up the entire FUCKING IP. And that's from someone who once loved battletech... but not anymore.

This is and remains a travesty.

News Comments > The Surge Announced
2. Re: The Surge Announced Jul 22, 2015, 10:07 eRe4s3r

what exactly does hardcore RPG even mean?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 22, 2015, 08:07 eRe4s3r

In Japan it is sadly common that you have a work environment where everyone bows to the boss and tries to hide bad news from management....

If you read the article you can see that the divisions reported wrong numbers for fear of admitting they didn't meet "wishfully predicted" profits.

News Comments > TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT Launch Issues
4. Re: TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT Launch Issues Jul 22, 2015, 07:41 eRe4s3r

Bub wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 07:35:
Wonderfully wonky concept, but wasted on a side scroller. Should have been a first or second person 3d shooter, now that would be awesome, no BFGs here, you are the BFG "Tomba!"

I think a law should be passed that makes it illegal to publish outmoded game GUIs like side scrolling. I mean really how hard is it to execute the same concept in 3D?

Sidescrolling is a genre, not a GUI concept

Aside that professional devs would probably have added a VIDEO to their steam store page, you know.. as Steam even tells you to do that this majorly influences first impression when you submit a game And maybe they also would have released on steam with a WORKING GAME, instead of a false uploaded demo build that didn't work.

Professionals, hah

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2015, 22:00 eRe4s3r

The SpaceX link is far more interesting. First real failure, and it leads to a landfall of new improvements. That's why sometimes you gotta fail to win. The Dragon Cargo Capsule SURVIVED THE EXPLOSION and only the software update enabling chutes was missing, or the entire cargo module would have survived.

And a structural integrity failing is something everyone who plays KSP knows very well can happen at the most weird moments

News Comments > Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely
9. Re: Dirt Rally Mods or DLC Unlikely Jul 21, 2015, 21:44 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 11:06:
When are companies going to get it through their thick heads that enabling mods is what brings in more customers/fans/$$$?!? It's not rocket science!

=-Rigs-=

When you sign a license deal it's no longer actually your "game" So devs might want to mod support, but a license deal may specifically state that the dev is forced to prevent users from adding new cars or tracks, or even liveries as part of that very licensing deal.

It's a shitty situation, but the reason RBR is the king of the rally games is exactly because modding was never "supported" at all but the engine was easy enough to hack apart. Newer engines however are not. Making a track for DIRT Rally is likely entirely impossible without the very same tools and licensed software packages the dev used.

7. Ant Man Jul 20, 2015, 17:21 eRe4s3r

To be fair, the comic.. *was* thought up in.. 1958.. way before any higher (and proven!) science on ant communication and behavior existed.

I am expecting silly fun and CGI ants.. surely that will be delivered

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2015, 17:07 eRe4s3r

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:04:
Did nobody watch The Matrix?

Matrix was (scientifically) bullshit. Humans need to take in way more energy than they emit

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
18. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 15:29 eRe4s3r

Moog wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 11:19:
that piece of shite forgets my login details every fucking time it patches!

This so fucking much.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2015, 14:53 eRe4s3r

That AoT live action trailer is.. not exactly lore friendly at all  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2015, 02:12 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 00:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 00:23:
Meh, it's not like you gain anything by being alive X years longer other than an infinite potential amount of old-age illnesses and ever lowering reflex speeds... which is gonna kill gaming for you when you are 120

While alive you should live like you want and enjoy, with no regrets.

Damn! I'm gonna need some robot arms or something like that to keep me in the game

At least it probably keeps you mentally fit if you are gaming for 80+ years ,P

And hey.. maybe you get lucky and we have brain, eye and hand cyber augmentations by 2050

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2015, 00:23 eRe4s3r

Meh, it's not like you gain anything by being alive X years longer other than an infinite potential amount of old-age illnesses and ever lowering reflex speeds... which is gonna kill gaming for you when you are 120

While alive you should live like you want and enjoy, with no regrets.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2015, 23:30 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 22:04:
Taste of something is not hard to fake

Tell that to the "veggie bacon" in my sister's freezer. Worst thing I've ever eaten.

What do you expect of something with no fat? Fat is what gives bacon taste, without fat, you might as well eat chewgum based protein bars (I ate that, and it tastes like chicken mixed with fish.. funnily this spoiled chicken and fish for me ;p). And since I tried Seitan based bacon alternative I can assure you I know what you mean. It was the last time I *EVER* ate anything that veggies call "meat alternatives". And sadly for my taste buds nothing of these alternatives even tastes well just on it's own merit. (In fact with "not well" I really mean horrid ;p)

I wonder about veggies, because they may talk about health benefits, but to me life wouldn't be worth living without bacon, steak and some fatty cooking every now and then.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 18, 2015, 21:12 eRe4s3r

Axis wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 16:26:
It will make a bit of difference, but not much.

Wait till you start trying to stream shows on your smart tv and some aren't allowed due to "licensing", forcing you to only play those on your PC only. Then you'll likely realize the real heart of Hulu's problem and drop the service. Believe me, this is a huge pain in the ass and the root of their subscription problem.

Course if you really want Hulu bad enough, you'll run it off a laptop or something and hdmi it to your tv. But then, again, you'll realize you don't want hulu bad enough to do that, and drop the service.

That's my crystal ball for Hulu's future...

Or you stream your desktop, can be done via steamlink (for example)

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2015, 20:50 eRe4s3r

Taste of something is not hard to fake What matters is texture and consistence when you eat it.. and if you ever ate algae.. well yeah.. that ain't going to convert anyone...  

8729 Comments. 437 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo