Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6658 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 in Beta; New Trailer
2. Re: Stronghold Crusader 2 in Beta; New Trailer Jun 13, 2014, 17:24 eRe4s3r

All I see is the same gameplay from all other Stronghold games... to put it in kind words... this game seems incredibly boring.

To be more frank
1) Horrible animations (AGAIN?)
2) Still build 5 of one kind buildings instead of 1 large one with upgrades and modular structure
3) Still grid based and still everything in orderly 90 rotation steps aligned (which destroys immersion imo ,p)
4) Fights lack any kind of impact or oomph, same for catapults and wall collapses. You want to see how to do it right? Total War: Medieval 2 . If a piece of wall collapses it's an event you can not overlook or not notice, if thousands of tons of stone crumble the earth should quake, dust should form.. everything should be in chaos.

Or basically, yeah, it's stronghold crusader 2... and it does nothing better or worse than Crusader 1.. and that's not enough to get my money anymore. And I was a HUGE stronghold fan once

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
19. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 20:16 eRe4s3r

Razumen wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 17:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:51:
Numinar wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 08:45:
For Newt I always assumed the smartass aliens were using her as bait to get a spaceship to come pick them up. Worked!

Heh that's true.... but are Aliens that intelligent? I doubt it, otherwise they'd not have infected Ripley in Aliens 3 with a queen, knowing fully well that's the host who was the most likely to prevent hatching any way possible

Who knows, I doubt facehuggers have much more of an inclination towards anything besides finding a host, and whatever type of alien is born is more likely determined biologically by the need of the alien group at the moment. They needed a new queen so perhaps they're biologically hardwired to create one regardless of the situation.

It still also begs the question how ripley even got infected and the 2 others killed... was another fully grown alien aboard the Sulaco? Because a face hugger alone couldn't possibly have caused an internal fire on a space-ship.... and then how did an alien even know what to do there without a queen? In Alien 1 it seemed like without a queen and clear targets Aliens are quite docile unless attacked or disturbed.

And would they even have noticed humans in stasis pods? How? Aren't these things supposed to keep you in stasis, so how would aliens even know that the thing they are seeing is a human? ;/
So much stuff that was confusing in the later movies...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2014, 19:46 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 15:53:
Warrantless cell phone tracking ruled unconstitutional in federal court

But how will we catch the terrorists then?

By ignoring the court ruling... since it only requires court approval.. which means the secret rubber stamp court can continue to rubber stamp

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 12, 2014, 19:45 eRe4s3r

So where is Broken Age part 2?  

16. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 12:51 eRe4s3r

Numinar wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 08:45:
For Newt I always assumed the smartass aliens were using her as bait to get a spaceship to come pick them up. Worked!

Heh that's true.... but are Aliens that intelligent? I doubt it, otherwise they'd not have infected Ripley in Aliens 3 with a queen, knowing fully well that's the host who was the most likely to prevent hatching any way possible

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 08:30 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 23:03:
Ellen Ripley man, now there is an badass Alien destroyer.

But hey we can have both male and female centric characters in this day and age. Its off the slate for AC - I imagine next time there will be a female lead in an AC game besides that one New Orleans one with the African American woman.

Some, but not all of my games I've started just female characters, but I don't liken it to "I'm imagining I am them" and make them Bootylicious - I imagine it as I am reading a visual novel about a female character and I am guiding their story.

In ME, DA:O, I only had female characters. In pretty much every Elder Scrolls game my character is an old evil elf hag, and boy is she not pretty on the eyes. Other games like Diablo or KoTR 1/2 I played first as the male character, then a second time as female character.

Alien game where we play as Newt would also be pretty kick-ass... still don't get how she survived that long.. and still angry at director for killing her THAT cheaply in Aliens 3

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 12, 2014, 08:11 eRe4s3r

VxChemical wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 03:11:
Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 00:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:13:
jimnms wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 21:33:
PoE's Beta is included at $110 tiers and up. Originally Divinity: Original Sin's Alpha access was going to be limited to the $135+ tiers, and they too sell early access on Steam. So what is your point?

D:OS alpha and beta was available to lower tier digital only backers as well.. not just $110 and up

They were made available to all original KS backers.

I backed Original Sin but haven't recieved any key for steam.

You need to go to LarianVault
https://www.larianvault.com/

And do your thingy there... it should have told you via email to finalize your pledge...

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 11, 2014, 22:13 eRe4s3r

jimnms wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 21:33:
PoE's Beta is included at $110 tiers and up. Originally Divinity: Original Sin's Alpha access was going to be limited to the $135+ tiers, and they too sell early access on Steam. So what is your point?

D:OS alpha and beta was available to lower tier digital only backers as well.. not just $110 and up

News Comments > More Games to Support AMD's Mantle
24. Re: More Games to Support AMD's Mantle Jun 11, 2014, 22:00 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 18:29:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:19:
Is this where Nvidia gets to cry foul about their competitor getting to have an edge in certain games now like AMD did?
They can try, the difference is the SDK is open to anyone who wants to implement it, that includes nvidia.

This is FUD in every way possible.... Seriously, where the hell do people get that this is an open API? When you can not download the SDK publicly and you can not read the API specs then it's not a open API.

AMD said they will make it open early 2014, but until now 12 June 2014, fuck all has happened. Access is stricly limited to AMD selected developers. The api itself is locked behind a NDA and is not part of any open standards body. (Like Khronos Group)

So no, nobody can support mantle except choice developers selected by AMD ONLY (Currently)

And dx12, which will do what Mantle does but platform agnostic, will come in late 2015...

I truly wish AMD would open the API and put it into OpenGL.. so it's not that I am hating on them here, I just think it should be clear that this isn't an open API.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 22:06.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 16:18 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:50:
Hiking pro tip - GET OFF OF THE FARKING PHONE!

Don't be silly, how else would I read my emails and other messages while being *gasp* outdoors.

News Comments > More Games to Support AMD's Mantle
14. Re: More Games to Support AMD's Mantle Jun 11, 2014, 15:53 eRe4s3r

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 14:52:
NewMaxx wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 14:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 12:44:
But didn't mantle become a bust? They were claiming improvements of 30%, but all I ever saw in real-world testing was 5-10%.

Mantle is probably worth if it you have a weaker system otherwise (CPU), especially with how far AMD CPUs are behind Intel's these days. Still, I think we'll see more universal results with DX12. I'm not bashing Mantle per se but...getting closer to the metal has been around since before Glide FX (a fact I've stated before in Mantle threads). I think a lot of people (and fanboys) over-hyped the concept since, as usual, they don't know what the hell they're talking about. I think it's a step in the right direction but it's evolutionary not revolutionary.

Unless there is another OS thats popular for PC gaming of course dx12 is gonna win....

I would say that DX12 will be what MS uses to push it's next OS to the core and gamer audience.... since 8 was such a huge failure in that area. I would consider a new OS if DX12 could give my aging system another few years of staying power....

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2014, 12:26 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:48:
I find the romantic aspects of some of these games to be dis-engaging, as if there is time for this dating crap while the world is about to end!

When I say romance sections, I mean sex scenes and anything related to that not necessarily something YOU initiate Romance as you mean it imo only fits specific story setups, certainly NOT "The blight is coming, we are all doomed" or "The reapers are coming, we are all REALLY doomed" kind of stories. But then, it's not like Mass Effect took itself serious, I mean, 99% of the stuff we are doing in that game trilogy has nothing to do with the actual story, so why not romance too.... seemed to me like that was very optional and sidequesty too.

But these games do not shine with great writing to begin with. It would fit stories where you are just traveling without a specific goal at first and where substantial time passes (ie, many days) where characters have time to interact and grow to love or hate each other. I never got why RPG's always put us in a primary position to the plot either. It'd be neat to make a rpg where all you do is make choices, but none of the choices YOU make influence the plot, rather they influence people that influence the plot, say you play Bandit or Merc and are pulled in some greater workings, but you are never the one that turns the tide or anything.

Would probably sell really badly. ^^

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2014, 11:39 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:14:
I can't speak for the rest of the western world outside of the US, but this one of the weirdest things about our society. Some pretty extreme violence is okay, but sex in media is the worst thing ever. We can watch hours of football players bash the crap out of each other and call it wholesome family entertainment, but half a second of Janet Jackson's nipple and the whole country loses its shit.

Or in the case of Mass Effect whole planets can get horrifically murdered and mutilated by a race of malevolent techno-organic beings, but you have a short scene where two of the characters make alien love and you've got pundits on FOX frothing at the mouth because the youth is being poisoned with immoral filth.

I sometimes think its because it's easier for governments and religions to use violence to their own gains than it is for them to use sex.

It's even more hilarious than that. Because you know, these people that are offended and frothing, are not gamers, are not the target group of the game, and will never even play the game to begin with.

Imo, a story should always be borderline offensive, should always push beyond boundaries of "feel good" territory.. if your intro hook in a story doesn't alienate at least 1 fringe group or mainstream opinion, you failed making your story interesting.

And I don't say you should strife to piss of people, I am saying you shouldn't give a flying fuck about anyone but yourself when writing a story. Do it like Game of Thrones, you are god as writer, and you can do whatever the fuck you want. If someone is offended, I'd say you did your job well. And if they complain, bath in their frothing.

This absurd taboo on sex in games is really pissing me off too by the way. AAA games skirt the issue and end up having HORRIBLE romance sections in them because of it. I mean Mass Effect and Dragon Age may actually be the only games where romance choices have any impact on character and story. But in those it's still so incredibly shallow.... to only be able to point to these shallow examples as high marks, that literally says everything there is about the state of gaming. Gaming is not yet mature. Lot's of games do not even touch mature topics... everything gotta be fucking family friendly, as if families are the core audience of AAA or INDY games!!

So yes, the real problem is that gaming and story telling is still following the mainstream. We need to have stories in the prime time that break conventions, stuff like Game of Thrones has to become the norm, and not the exception.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 10, 2014, 21:25 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 21:12:
Actually watching 1080P content on a 4K screen is the equiv of watching DVD (480P) content on a 1080P screen, not 320P. And while DVDs run from my BRD look like crap on my 1080P TV, the same DVD run from my PC on the same TV looks pretty good since the PC is doing a lot of interpolation to remove jaggies and such.

Streaming DVD's with interpolation settings worth a damn? Share your configuration please (apps involved, settings) I was testing a lot of things and NOTHING made me happy. My DVD's look like crap on 1080p.. I assume you have them ripped?

(Or maybe my definition of "pretty good" is just different ,p) I watched Aliens remastered DVD on my 1080p tv and found it to be a sub-par experience all around. But I was doing a straight stream ie.. just played the mpeg2 via dlna

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
12. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 10, 2014, 21:09 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 20:33:
I've been playing this a good amount the past few days, having purchased it over the weekend. I already have two legendary crafting materials. I'm not sure I'm playing the game right, just yet:

- I scrap everything and sell nothing. This feels right, as you get such little money from selling
- That said, I've only crafted one thing. What should I consider for crafting
- Armor # means little, right? I mean, I have a helmet that gives me 30, and another one in inventory that gives 60, which feels huge but the stats show that the benefits of the 30 outweigh that figure, so I've been sticking with the 30

I'm playing on normal. I just got to Leoric's mansion and I haven't died yet. I haven't come close to dying. The only time my health was noticeably low it was due to me standing on lava without realizing it. I'm thinking Normal is too easy, as I'm using absolutely no strategy and having absolutely no challenge.

Then put it up to Expert or Master, you can always reduce it in-game whenever you feel like things get too insane.... But it's not a good idea to do that with your first char, loot chance is the same in normal to master, but enemies die a lot slower. Meaning, you get better gear playing normal and breezing through it than playing Master and having a hard time...

And it all depends on your char and level... enemies level with you... no matter whether you have an adequate weapon and items or not.

You will see vastly superior crafting recipes as you level up... so save up money and scrap and you will not get as easily in a pinch when it comes to items.

And by the way, jewels in weapons.. just a hint, you want damage+ until you find weapons that have vastly more damage than your best jewel.. then you want crit damage+

You didn't say what you play so no idea what else you might be doing right or wrong there, but if normal is too easy, playing on expert doesn't really hurt... ;p

Until you have plenty of scraps you should scrap everything yeah, you will find recipes and also unlock new (Default) ones if you level up your smith.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 10, 2014, 20:35 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 20:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 19:19:
4k monitors will make watching non 4k content ... extremely, butt, ugly. Just saying

howso?

Try full-screening a 320p video on a 1080p screen, same effect. Except now you get it with every youtube video, every bluray, and every movie you stream unless you have a 50mbit line. And not to mention every single TV program will now be segregated to either SD, 1K, or 2K content making the experience of watching standard content on TV (at least in Europe) a clusterfuck of sharp/pixelated/sharp/pixelated...

You would have to actually PAY me money to replace my current 1080p TV with a 2160p TV... what would that give me exactly vs 1080p ? That I can sit closer to my TV that stands 3m away from my couch? .. why... exactly?

And for desktops again.. does my screen suddenly touch my nose because at 2160p it sure has to do that for me to even read anything.... You have better image quality downsampling from 3240p to 1080p than playing a game natively at 2160p.

and if you just end up upscaling everything on your desktop so you can read it again, you have to ask yourself a question. What was the point of increasing the resolution again?

Give me a low persistence oled TV over this 4k crap.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 3
3. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 10, 2014, 19:49 eRe4s3r

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 19:28:
OMG THE HORROR !!!!

Nintendo's booth Babes ... seriously ??

There's no blonde or bald babe, I feel insulted by their insensitivity towards blonds and balds Let's nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

News Comments > Armored Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 19:40 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 19:26:
That was completely nonsensical.

And it showed everything I hate about WoT and all these others pseudo tank games... 1 hit kills

Obviously a modern MBT one shots everything that's not another MBT so why even put them in the game in a mixed match? It seems like the least fun setting when it comes to armored warfare that one can imagine. Everything with TOW/Milan pwns everything else to boot (every single non-mbt vehicle!)

Absurd setting, 0 fun guaranteed unless they balance it extremely well and don't allow certain match configs and vehicle setups...

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 10, 2014, 19:19 eRe4s3r

4k monitors will make watching non 4k content ... extremely, butt, ugly. Just saying  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Co-op Support
4. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:44 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:29:
Far Cry 3 had co-op as well, but it was a separate part of the game. Unless they specifically say "Campaign Co-op", I will believe it's a bullshit side-game. SO many games tossed out "co-op!" on the package, only to find it meant something different from expected.

Saint's Row got it right, and improved from one game to the next, to where you almost NEED a second player for SR4.

Anyway, they confirm this is campaign co-op, it'll be the first game I've bought day-one in years.

Uh, in the E3 video they specifically said "Drop in coop"

6658 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo