Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7627 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 21:48 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 12:28:
Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:39:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 03:12:
I'm personally waiting to get a 970 or 980 with 8gb ram (only the 4gb variety are available now), and then going completely crazy (but tastefully) with a ultimate modded skyrim play through. I've yet to try any of the big DLC's even. Looking forward to it.

Your VRAM makes little to no difference on Skyrim's stability. It's the engine itself which craps out with too many mods installed .(especially memory hungry ones.)

You'd see absolutely no difference with a 4GB or 8GB card.

Unless of course you're using graphics mods which use VRAM in which case it matters very much how much VRAM you have. You can easily eat up 4GB of VRAM even modding Oblivion, lol.

That's not how 32bit engines work.. if you have a texture mod when that texture is loaded by the game then that uses RAM and VRAM at the same time. Meaning you will never exceed 4GB vram, unless you use some weird AA setting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned
3. Re: Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned Jan 8, 2015, 20:11 eRe4s3r

Ah yes.. Beamdog.. the developer of zero actual games. Think it's kinda hilarious they think they can make a game that can even come close to Baldurs Gate...

hype level is sub zero ;p

8. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 16:27 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:59:
Btw.. Beth blog is one of the only sites on this planet that forces me on the German site when I enter the English url. And not even VPN circumvents it. What this means is that 9 out of 10 links to bethblog.com do not actually work for me! ;/

This interview though, they completely translated to German, with no way to see the "real" interview. wtf is up with that.

Time to move, homie!

Yeah... but I still would like to know what the heck they do to their redirecting because this is the only site I ever saw that does this with such ferocity.

I think I would have to actually reverse the routing in my hosts file to fix it +.+

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 8, 2015, 10:22 eRe4s3r

Actually GOGO is doing man in the middle attacks...  

4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 08:59 eRe4s3r

Btw.. Beth blog is one of the only sites on this planet that forces me on the German site when I enter the English url. And not even VPN circumvents it. What this means is that 9 out of 10 links to bethblog.com do not actually work for me! ;/

This interview though, they completely translated to German, with no way to see the "real" interview. wtf is up with that.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
41. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 19:46 eRe4s3r

PropheT wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:00:
harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:47:
gotta have rock solid 80+ fps, with all effects and bells and whistles - and its just not happening on that generation

Most people aren't going to be all that upset if they don't hit a rock solid 80+ fps with everything maxed in the newest games to come out.

My son's system I built for him a few years ago is an i5-2500k with a GTX 680, and there just hasn't been any real reason to upgrade it yet.

When VR becomes a thing that is actually out as a product, and when that goes up 1 res step to 4k or "UHD", getting steady 75 (or more) fps at 4k is gonna be the new gold standard for hardware too, what's the point of a high-end card/cpu combo that can push max 600fps, but min 10fps and has frame stutter? ;p

Smooth steady frame-rates are what we need for proper VR, and I am not seeing that being a "thing" yet ...

40. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 19:41 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 17:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:57:
Where would even you even sell old hardware? Ebay or what?

I've sold parts on Ebay before but after hearing about 'empty box' scams which protect the buyer and shaft the seller, not anymore. I stick to local Kijiji listings and do in person transaction with generally no-refund policy. Not that I sell broken shit or would ever do so but once it leaves my hands in working condition, it's their property and responsibility.

Man, I wish there was like a service where you just send all your hardware, they test it whether it still works fine and give you a fair price and if it's broken you just pay some fixed fee for recycling or whatever...

No idea how to even begin selling anything in-person here (Germany..) either ;(

35. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 16:57 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:21:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:12:
It takes time to setup the software and work out any driver/bios issues, new build = clean format, period. I always make the mistake of holding onto my old hardware too long. I think I could get more money selling individual components than to sell them as complete, functional builds.
Oh I know what you mean, it can take some time for sure.
My point was that when it comes to upgrading that stuff for me personally it is usually spending the $$ that is the pain the ass not the actual hardware building and setup process.

Where would even you even sell old hardware? Ebay or what?

News Comments > Retail Broken Age Plans
10. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 16:56 eRe4s3r

Broken Age part 2 has a date? Wonders...  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest Jan 7, 2015, 16:48 eRe4s3r

And another failed warhammer game...  

21. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 14:53 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:43:
Now I'm really, REALLY happy that the game is delayed. My GTX680 will be raped by this game, so in these few months I hope deeply that AMD will come with a stunningly awesome GPU, so that I can buy an Nvidia masterpiece that will have gone down in price considerably because of it.

If you don't set everything to "maximum" the game will run just fine on a 680.. ;p Imo it requires at least 5 years of that situation before an upgrade becomes really nice, so that you can start up all your old games and gawk at the awesome graphics your new high-end gpu delivers with smooth fps...

1. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 11:36 eRe4s3r

Good ;p  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 6, 2015, 22:44 eRe4s3r

Saboth wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 21:14:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 18:26:
Picked up a Galtab 4 7" for $130 a couple weeks ago. It's a present for someone, so I haven't played with it, but my own tablet, a Galtab 2 10.1 is still going strong 2.5 years later. I don't see a need for another one unless one of these dies.

Yeah, I've got a small and large Kindle. Just don't need another tablet. It's not like a tablet from 2015 is 3x faster than one from 2013 or anything.

Still on galtab 2 myself Those things just don't die.. and with Cyanogen you are on Android 4.4.4 nowadays...

Btw, I absolutely hate that Samsung doesn't push god damn android updates to their old hardware....

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins
9. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 22:35 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 21:19:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 20:12:
Strange that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars isn't on Steam.

Wow, you're right. Looked in my library (figured I owned it) and the store both...that is odd.

Game was removed from store in 2011 when rights reverted, Splash Damage made this game under license from ID, and when ID was pwned by Zenimax/Bethesda this is the some of the stuff that they did behind the scenes. With nobody ever noticing it, for some reason it wasn't even on blues.

News Comments > Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets
2. Re: Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets Jan 5, 2015, 18:39 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 17:56:
So more terrible console action-CRPGs is what they're aiming for?

console-action rpg's?

more like unpolished SP rpg's... (the first 2) and Styx as a decent sneaking game.

News Comments > Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams
6. Re: Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams Jan 5, 2015, 18:31 eRe4s3r

Alpha Centauri RPG... made alá Mass Effect.. or Dragon Age Inquisition? Bring it on!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
14. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 5, 2015, 09:56 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 09:01:
That monitor has all of the features I'm looking for, if only it was offered by anyone but Acer.

What is so terrible about Acer? Either way, if it ain't a low persistence screen it's not even worth to contemplate. OLED or BUST

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 4, 2015, 15:01 eRe4s3r

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Watch it NAU

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 4, 2015, 04:37 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 18:30:

It's almost like a comic strip can't actually settle a complicated issue. Who'd have thunk it?!

Indeed Anyway, again sorry for leading into the discussion with so much flames. That comic really pissed me off the wrong way but that is no excuse. That comic (And the added text on the site) just came about as something extremely selectively callous. Which I think is a huge disservice when fighting sexism and the general objectification of genders in media. And when I say fighting, what I really mean is that there needs to be more diversity and options, not that I want to ban or forbid anything.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 3, 2015, 16:34 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 14:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 13:07:
Quboid wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:12:
There's a difference between sexy and sexually objectification. If a game clothes female characters to emphasis their T&A and the camera lingers there during cutscenes, and clothes males in practical clothing and focuses on their actions, then that game is sexist and reversing the argument doesn't change what the creator, regardless of what they intended, actually created.

There is zero difference ~.~

[...]

explain please why my perception is worth less just because I am a male and why I can't complain about the portrayal of males in video games and their objectification

[...]

Why do you think that your gender has anything to do with what I said?

Maybe I am reading too much into your post And I will happily admit that this is very much a possibility.

You are referencing comic #9 are you not? Comic 9 has specifically the point that men MUST not complain about this:

"If a game clothes male characters to emphasis their muscles and the camera lingers there during cutscenes, and clothes females in practical clothing and focuses on their actions."
and females/males may only complain about this:

"If a game clothes female characters to emphasis their T&A and the camera lingers there during cutscenes, and clothes males in practical clothing and focuses on their actions."

In fact it goes so far to only grant females the right to call something (relating females) sexist.

Anyway, maybe I really read more into your post than you intended. I simply can't understand what you mean with what you said without making it sound like you are saying that men can not (are not allowed to) find their own portrayal in media sexist... (like the comic #9 says and claims). I mean, when something relating to the genders is constantly stereo-typed in media, then that is sexist and objectification to me.

I guess I didn't help my case by making my posts in this tree a bit more inflammatory than they had to be. Sorry, I blame holiday stress +.+

7627 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo