Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7960 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 02:06 eRe4s3r

It's good there are VR competitors now.. Oculus may have been the first, but who is the best is something we'll see by the end of 2015.

And btw, I also think the only way with VR is going to be with custom controllers. Even ignoring the BASIC problem (VR not knowing where your hands are) you need to have a controller that is connected and linked to movements within the game...

But all that said, 120HZ it needs to be, and it won't be 4K at 120hz with mini-hdmi

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TITAN X GPU Unveiled
18. Re: TITAN X GPU Unveiled Mar 5, 2015, 01:22 eRe4s3r

There is not a lot to learn just going by this pre-announcement.....

How many cores, Mantle/DX12/Vulcan support? Temperature and fan noise? Power consumption? Heck, even "how much framebuffer does it really have" kind of info ;p

News Comments > Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity
18. Re: Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity Mar 5, 2015, 01:01 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:39:
Wow, CDR will now begin when a skill effect ends? That doesn't just remove the possibility of perma-immunity it severely nerfs a lot of stuff in the game, most notably perhaps the Wand of Woh, which relies heavily on CDR to put out decent dps.

You should read the news blues posts ;p

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Mar 4, 2015, 22:29 eRe4s3r

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:33:
Evolve Is Dying - Ten Ton Hammer…

OUCH.

Yeah yikes that article threw a shovel of dirt over Turtle Rock

A 1 trick pony not successful.. say it ain't so. L4D is quite different to Evolve, because the maps themselves are the enemy. Not just the zombies. And you had plenty different objectives.

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
28. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 4, 2015, 07:43 eRe4s3r

Let's hope Unity 5 fixed the horrible 64bit support.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released
12. Re: Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released Mar 4, 2015, 05:40 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 15:27:
It's a shame that the only experience which ultimately mattered was the part they forgot about and instead added these underwhelming DLC maps. I can appreciate the idea of survival and scavenging on a station which has a Xeno but I'd appreciate it even more if they added alternate angles to the base game to create an interwoven storyline to make a more solid product.

They should have developed the game with multiple perspectives in mind and used the DLC to fill in those gaps much in the same way AvP allowed the Human, Xeno, and Predator campaigns to intersect with each other while providing their own story to follow.

A lone Xeno can be equally as fucked as a lone Human under the right circumstances and the story can be derived in much the same way as the previous AvP titles but without a Queen: you suspend disbelief and listen to the humans talk.

I feel like we'll wait another decade until someone makes a game like Alien Isolation where you get to play as the Alien in an open world space station. Where human AI has several levels of escalations depending on your actions and how well you hide your evil deeds. Where humans have day and night schedules, and where the Alien needs to feed every now and then, but also rest every now and then. During which it becomes defenseless.

One thing is sure, you won't see that in Alien Isolation. They already said there will be no story DLC nor any DLC that changes gameplay.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound
5. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound Mar 4, 2015, 00:42 eRe4s3r

Not even surprised anymore ,)  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 4, 2015, 00:22 eRe4s3r

The double standard that ARS applies here is of epic proportions too  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
48. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 3, 2015, 08:52 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 08:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:55:
Whenever I hear Unreal Engine 4 I think "locked FOV, no modding"
;/
Then you've obviously not used it.

I haven't... are you saying UE4 games are moddable and have free FOV? Example?

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 08:50 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:14:
I'm not sold on this Alien sequel yet. Bringing Ripley back (which is sure, she has confirmed it herself in interviews), maybe Biehn, ignoring Alien 3 (which wasn't as bad as you remember it, the workprint version is really good!) and the very awkward Alien 4 - that sounds a bit strange to me. Blomkamp is also speaking in riddles when it comes to Alien 3 and 4 (Ignore them? No? Follow their storylines? No? Wait - what? Taking a shower without getting wet?!), and I'm not Blomkamp's biggest fan. District 9 was good, but not stellar, and everything after that was meh. There are better, hungry directors out there in my opinion. We'll see.

but after Prometheus things can't really get any worse regarding Alien lore anyway Is Prometheus even considered canon? God I hope not.... and let's not forget Aliens: Colonial Marines, which is in fact canon. ~.~

Elysium was also kinda meh.. and Chappy has zero reviews before release.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2015, 08:55.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
37. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 08:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 03:33:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:24:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:11:
in Canada game prices went up to $74.99 now, so it would be $150 + 13% tax here for everything.
highway robbery!

The SP campaign is about a group of robbers trying to steal enough money to be able purchase the game they're starring in.

The END Boss is an EA exec that if you fail to beat on the first try with only a knife and pistol with 1 shot deletes your entire OS, encrypts your HDD and kills your dog
With QTEs! Don't forget the QTEs!

And checkpoint saves.. obviously before the lengthy cutscenes leading to the QTEs

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 08:27 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 05:53:
Clearly nothing could be abused or wrong from everyone's DNA being available. I'm seeing a "clone, indoctrinate and replace" program on it's way...

Don't be absurd, it's obviously to develop a DNA targeted nano-virus

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 3, 2015, 06:41 eRe4s3r

When robots work in all factories in china then that's gonna make the 200 million factory workers very unhappy. Imo the fastest way to a collapse of society in China if suddenly 200 million people had no job and no money.  

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
20. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 3, 2015, 06:31 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:44:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:40:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:00:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:33:
i fully expect this to get torn apart, game looks visually terrible......

i think it looks kewl! definitely not a game for everyone tho.

i was just thinking how blasted d3 got for visuals......being it a d3 clone and all....

What? How is this a Diablo clone? Bombshell is a twin-stick shooter. Diablo is an ARPG. The only similarity is the camera angle and the fact that you're killing stuff.

Official word on the game is that it's an ARPG with skills and upgrades. http://www.bombshell.com/

From the site's description:

Brilliantly brutal isometric shooting layered with classic role-playing mechanics, including experience points, upgrades, side quests, and non-linear levels. All with a twist of first-person shooter mechanics.

Sounds more like a twin-stick shooter with RPG elements. Gameplay footage reinforces that.

Agreed, but they specifically say that it's an action RPG :p

Maybe they don't know what an ARPG actually is?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2015, 06:04 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 02:45:
GOG could probably learn a thing from Valve about how to handle sales. This artificial scarcity thing doesn't really work because games either "sell out" too quickly (for good games) or too slowly (for bad games). As a consumer, I really don't want to check the GOG page every 30 seconds. It's much better to offer new time-limited deals at set intervals.

Ever since GOG forced me to buy in € my total sale volume on GOG was zero :/

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
27. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 03:33 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:24:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:11:
in Canada game prices went up to $74.99 now, so it would be $150 + 13% tax here for everything.
highway robbery!

The SP campaign is about a group of robbers trying to steal enough money to be able purchase the game they're starring in.

The END Boss is an EA exec that if you fail to beat on the first try with only a knife and pistol with 1 shot deletes your entire OS, encrypts your HDD and kills your dog

News Comments > RPG Character Transfer System
4. Re: RPG Character Transfer System Mar 3, 2015, 00:09 eRe4s3r

We'll see how this works in practice I wouldn't mind if I could have some basic archetype defined , ie stats only, and just select that at the start.

But then you have to ask yourself why the heck are they not giving you these archetypes as choice at the start of the game...

So somehow this makes no sense to me. I wouldn't even know what to use it for.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
40. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 23:55 eRe4s3r

Whenever I hear Unreal Engine 4 I think "locked FOV, no modding"

;/

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
8. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 2, 2015, 22:09 eRe4s3r

Iso action rpg.. well considering the choices currently in that genre are countable on 1 hand.... let's see

Ps. That revolver makes my brain hurt.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2015, 22:06 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 21:35:
Everyone likes Biehn but no. Make a clean break already. If he does this then I've lost interest already.

It won't be a clean break.. it continues and ends Ripleys story arc. This entire franchise is still reeling in from the catastrophic mistake made in Aliens 3, where they wiped out the entire cast quite literally and from the shite that was Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Bishop, Hicks, Newt and Ripley and even the alien queen all dead.....

Working title: Aliens Correction

You know, to correct all these mistakes made in the past ^^

7960 Comments. 398 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo