Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6958 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
271. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 20:47 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 20:33:
And eraser, saying "this is the woman" doesn't mean I'm using her gender, thank you. She is, in fact, a woman. And though she calls herself a feminist, her body of work isn't on feminism and the impact on women, but rather decrying feminism due to the impact on men. Nearly everything she writes is about men, not about women. That's her specialty.

But that has no relevance when she posts opinions as her twitter feed is clearly her own opinion even if paid for. Maybe I worded it wrong (no, actually I said battleship sunk, I never implied you were sexist ,p), I don't think you were sexist, I said you were doing what SJW's are doing and accusing us of doing. (yay)

And if I didn't said that in previous post I must go back and edit that. Because that's what I meant

Ps.: On second thought, I am too lazy to do that, so just imagine my other post says that ;p

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2014, 20:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
270. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 20:36 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 17:58:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 15:33:

And it has NOTHING to do with the topic. It's another distraction to get you talking about something irrelevant or overload the conversation with so much garbage the original topic is lost. You're either falling for it now or you are part of the problem.

Wait, you're the "oligarchy" guy, right? Forget it.

Who's paying for the opinion is important context.

No it actually isn't when it comes to social issues. If the opinion has face value on it's own it should be regarded as such. Even if it was "paid for" by a think tank. You are acting as if nobody had an agenda and only those who don't have an agenda should be taken serious. If we followed that line of reasoning no opinion would be worth anything. Not mine, not yours, not anyones. Because everyone has an agenda.

News Comments > Op Ed
268. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 20:18 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 12:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 06:30:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 05:42:
Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 13:47:

Citation on the wonderful work her employer, the American Enterprise Institute, does to make sure the Koch Brothers and their peers stay super rich while the rest of us suffer.
This is a woman you want to cite for common sense?
Congrats. You've just done exactly what the sjw's are claiming that other people are doing. Not only did you attack her for her sex, but you also attacked her for her work without any factual refutations.

Shots fired... and battleship sunk.

What? No it isn't. I never attacked her sex, nor did I fail to cite her work. I have no clue what that guy is going on about, but since you said he sunk my battleship, I'd like you, not him, to point it out, as it seems like you quoted him just to be against me, as what he said has zero validity. Jdreyer has even quoted my citation, in case you have me on ignore, so it's easy to see.

What, why would I ignore you? That would be childish... I literally have not a single person here on Ignore, I just don't always have time to reply.

You are portraying her as something to make your point, and in doing that you use her sex and work against the opinions she shared on twitter (you yourself said "This is a women you want to cite for common sense?" in order to counter OUR argument.(Not sure you did that intentionally or it was born out of the argument itself..). That is imo the very definition of what SJW's accused US (Gamers) of doing.

That she is a women and that she does work for a questionable employee, sure.. all correct. But that does not change her stance on this issue nor her feminist views, by linking these things together you made more or less an indirect ad-hominem attack. And it does not change the quality of her opinions. You were basically saying "Because she works there for those guys, her opinions are worthless"

Maybe that is only how it is interpreted by us because of our way of thinking in this case. But you have to admit that your argumentation is a bit weird. Instead of attacking OUR opinion you attacker HER's by portraying her in certain way to heighten the value of your argument and in doing so tried to lower the value of our argument, not by making statements in regards to our views, but by linking to where she works. Heck, If she were a male I would still call you out on this. It is just bad form in argumentation to not reply to something that is said, but to try to reduce validity of arguments through this way of argumentation.

But as I say, it is maybe not something you do with the intention that we perceive. Maybe it's us that see this and others don't?

TLDR: You tried to deflect by strawmen argument. (Where she works is COMPLETELY irrelevant to her feminist views)

Ps.: Holy crap, 63 typo's.. that's what I get for drinking coffee while typing

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2014, 20:29.

News Comments > RAYA Sound Engine
2. Re: RAYA Sound Engine Sep 1, 2014, 11:21 eRe4s3r

Ah.. now I can finally say..

Realistic? Yes.. even impressive in terms of tech...

But it sounds absefuckinglutely horrible!!! in that mp example

So.. yay? Realistic sound that sounds like crap, or wrong sound that sounds awesome? I know what I'd pick....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2014, 10:43 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 20:21:
I wouldn't say Season 2 of Walking Dead is better than S1 at all. The first three episodes were pretty average (save perhaps the first). That said, it did end with a bang and a lot of potential for next season considering how wildly the ending varies based on choices.

I will say that by the end I was as emotionally distraught as I was by the end of S1. Especially with what happens to Clem 2/3 the way through. It still amazes me that this is the only game to elicit as large an emotional response as a great book or a terrific movie. I've seen some people say the same about Bioshock: Infinite with Elizabeth but the final events of the Rapture DLC Ep2 had not remotely the same impact on me as S2Ep5 of Walking Dead has, let alone the later episodes of S1.

Yep pretty much agree. The 2nd season wasn't particularly strong but it still was one hell of an emotional wtf ride.. especially the ending.... too bad these short episodes don't really lend themselves to lots of characterization

News Comments > Op Ed
252. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 07:59 eRe4s3r

ASeven wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 07:37:
Article critical of the agendas in the gaming press.

I liked this comment

If you're not careful people may start thinking that you're actually trying to communicate information rather than childish contempt!

Haha ,)

News Comments > Op Ed
250. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 06:30 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 05:42:
Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 13:47:

Citation on the wonderful work her employer, the American Enterprise Institute, does to make sure the Koch Brothers and their peers stay super rich while the rest of us suffer.
This is a woman you want to cite for common sense?
Congrats. You've just done exactly what the sjw's are claiming that other people are doing. Not only did you attack her for her sex, but you also attacked her for her work without any factual refutations.

Shots fired... and battleship sunk.

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
13. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Sep 1, 2014, 02:01 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 18:48:
Problem is I *still* remember these games backwards and forwards. And while they were great I have no desire to go back to them. Why don't they pony up some more dough and make some new CPRGs ala PE, W2, DoS, Shadowrun, et al? I'd be far more interested in that then these old games being updated a bit.

Either that or update some friggin games that would really benefit from it, like Outlaws in the UE4 engine or something.

I am in the same boat. I played Icewind dale 1 and 2, was good. But no motivation to replay. even BG2, as much as I love that is imo better kept in my memory than doing actual replaying.

News Comments > Op Ed
248. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 01:57 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 01:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 01:26:
I need my daily dose of A-Seven's links

After I watched this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3DZQp0StE
I think any remaining issues are resolved though
Gaming press is corrupt, not all of it, but enough of it
Youtubers have more journalistic integrity than fucking self-proclaimed journalists (Kotaku)

I don't think the Zoe Quinn controversy proves that game journalists are corrupt. Nathan Grayson did not review Zoe Quinn's game. His affair with Quinn had no impact whatsoever on his journalistic work. Are games journalists bad at their jobs? Sure. Are they prone to jumping on white knight bandwagons? Yup. Are they often hypocritical and short-sighted? Indeed they are. But corrupt? I haven't seen anything that proves that.

I hate to be that guy, but please watch the video. I was talking about the points in that. Doesn't even have anything to do with Zoe Quinn or that guy who slept with her.

News Comments > Op Ed
246. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 01:26 eRe4s3r

I need my daily dose of A-Seven's links

After I watched this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3DZQp0StE
I think any remaining issues are resolved though
Gaming press is corrupt, not all of it, but enough of it
Youtubers have more journalistic integrity than fucking self-proclaimed journalists (Kotaku)

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 01:00 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 23:52:
NKD wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 23:43:
Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 20:32:

Out of curiosity, though you won't tell developers what content they should or shouldn't create, aren't you kind of telling game sites what content they should or shouldn't create?

Game developers are creative minds making whatever they feel like making. No one expects them to be impartial. On the contrary, an artist's only obligation is to their own idea and trying to make it come to fruition.

Journalists should be held to a higher standard, because they are a source of information. They shouldn't be trying to shape the discussion, or use their sites as a bully pulpit to fan the flames of outrage. Gaming journalism sites are starting to become the personal blogs of the staff writers.

Game journalists aren't really news journalists, though. Frankly, there isn't much news in the video game world. It isn't like "More missiles fired in the Gaza Strip today" or "Ebola victims reach an all-time high." It's "EA releases The Sims 4 today, despite review copies not being sent out" or "AMD Announces New Piledriver Cards."

For the most part, there's little to be said without adding some commentary. And people like that. Sites get their hits based on people liking the personality, not the dry news, because the dry news in this industry tends to be dull - the news tends to be secondary to the product. "Sony Announces Little Big Planet 8." What else can be said there that is just news, rather than shaping discussion?

And, regardless, whenever Blue adds some color commentary to his reporting, people say "Keep it up, Blue, I like when you add your opinion!"

Bluesnews is a news aggregator and believe me, I click on links because the topic interests me, not because blues writes witty commentary

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 31, 2014, 22:14 eRe4s3r

Anyone have any idea what GPU to get for Oculus rift requirements ? It's gonna have to be something that runs whatever CV2 uses as res on at least 75fps.. preferable 120 .. possible with SLI nowadays, but not for all games.. so what GPU to go with? Or should I wait? (I have a 670GTX)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 21:00 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 11:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:38:
The link does work, but.. amazon.com redirects me to amazon.de ,) not sure it survives that (or you even get anything for that)

Mhh, oh well

I believe that Amazon.de has its own separate referral program, so I don't think there's anything to be done about this besides me looking into becoming an affiliate of theirs as well.

If you put up a German affiliate link I would use it After all, why not? It's zero hassle and when I buy e-books you might as well get a few cents from Amazon... (I assume you are not getting rich with this though ;P)

You have my utmost respect for running this site anyway.

I wonder if Amazon has a rule that you can not have 2 affiliate links? That would be very much like Amazon....

17. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 10:38 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:36:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:08:
Howdy Blue,

I'm guessing the link to the Amazon partner thing is based on an ad of some sort? I ask because I'm not seeing it and I've definitely got adblock running full tilt.

Is there a way to provide the referral link as a simple text link for those of us whom would love to support you but have absolutely zero interest in modifying their current adblock settings?

Even when I allow that amazon link to display, it just shows a 404 page for me.. I am guessing it's hosted on amazon servers in some ad space that is blocked by my router by default. ;/

Sorry for the difficulties trying to help here. I added a text link to the the setup that I'm hoping will solve both of these issues. Does that work?

The link does work, but.. amazon.com redirects me to amazon.de ,) not sure it survives that (or you even get anything for that)

Mhh, oh well

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
31. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 10:36 eRe4s3r

Cram wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:27:
DarkD3 user here too, "Strongest" setting. Seems the website is gone, better back up those files.

Uh.. you can just use SweetFX

14. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 09:36 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:08:
Howdy Blue,

I'm guessing the link to the Amazon partner thing is based on an ad of some sort? I ask because I'm not seeing it and I've definitely got adblock running full tilt.

Is there a way to provide the referral link as a simple text link for those of us whom would love to support you but have absolutely zero interest in modifying their current adblock settings?

Even when I allow that amazon link to display, it just shows a 404 page for me.. I am guessing it's hosted on amazon servers in some ad space that is blocked by my router by default. ;/

News Comments > Op Ed
208. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2014, 08:52 eRe4s3r

ASeven wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 05:09:
This is a big one. Christina Sommers, one of the big names of the feminist movement, tweeted this:

"It is clear that gamers are being bullied by opportunistic,evidence-free gender warriors.But who are the enablers?Game companies? Bloggers?"

This only shows the wide rift between real feminists/humanitarians and SJWs.

That women is the primary reason I am, by the way, despite all this, still a supporter of feminism. A voice of reason and a very well known one to boot. I'd wish we had 6000 more like her, and none of the 3rd wave feminists.

But as she says, Gamers will stop it. These corrupt sites will wish they never started this war.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 31, 2014, 08:41 eRe4s3r

DirectWrite is a plague ;/  

27. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 08:32 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 07:47:
I just want their achievements to start working again.

Also, I am someone who used the T6 Solo farming techniques in Act 1 and Act 2 and I went from 45 to 70 in about two hours. I amassed about 11 million gold from doing this and, upon doing it at 70, got my Monk a nice legendary 2H Staff to kickstart my mediocre build until I get more CDR and Sunwukos...or just reroll a Witch Doctor and do the same damage from pets once I farm up some -30 level reduction gear.

All in all, it's fun, but when I realized they restricted even low level gems from being traded during that 1 - 45 grind with three other friends and realized just then that I was, after all, playing Diablo 3.

Fucking no trades bullshit. I hope, hope, hope they have something to say about this at Blizzcon. I'd even wait for it to hit the next expansion if I must, which is likely what it would take to revise this absurd rule.

I'd be more happy if they expanded the tiny inventory and stash sizes...

Some in-game trading should really be there though, but strictly "giving stuff to someone" by dropping it or whatever.

23. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 00:32 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 23:34:
Actually folks D3 did a pretty solid 180 with 2.0 and the expansion. Loot got good, content got broader and dozens of QoL improvements really helped freshen up the game. 2.1 has helped that even further. It's still a grindy game but it is Diablo, that'll never change.

I've only found 2 goblin portals but they are pretty fun. I actually found the boss to be pretty interesting. She (?) isn't hard to defeat but fun to do so. The chest at the end is rather hilarious.

That's true Was a really surprising end to the fight.. heh

6958 Comments. 348 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo