Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7191 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2014, 18:21 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:07:
If you are a game developer you should consider not putting your eggs in the basket of gamasutra....

Also HTML5 games should not be allowed on Steam. It just clutters the store with even more crap.

What eggs?
It's a developer posting his learnings for other developers to read.
Do you know what the #1 site for developers is?

The eggs that are the "only mention of this game they'll ever get anywhere"

Maybe putting that on a site that has earned massive ire in the past month and is the prime target of boycotts is not smart idea? And being connected (loosely) with Leigh Alexander you might as well give up promoting your game. Because the hate mobs will inevitably draw you into the war. And yes, they are still warring. Gamersgate is still going on. And gamasutra is still the number 1 place for unprofessional bullshit.

And gamasutra is the #1 site for developers? Maybe developers want to find a new site...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2014, 18:07 eRe4s3r

If you are a game developer you should consider not putting your eggs in the basket of gamasutra....

Also HTML5 games should not be allowed on Steam. It just clutters the store with even more crap.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2014, 17:06 eRe4s3r

Netflix in Germany has (original) Breaking Bad and doesn't have Game of Thrones. Sky has (original) Game of Thrones and doesn't have Breaking Bad, Amazon has non-original Breaking Bad doesn't have Game of Thrones.

warez site has both original..

Guess who wins.

It's a system designed by idiots.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
2. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 13, 2014, 16:34 eRe4s3r

Forces of shay... shay... Game of Thrones... where are you!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2014, 15:16 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 15:09:
One day companies will learn that embracing fan projects, not threatening to sue them, is the way to go. Especially for IPs that you've let sit idle.

I highly doubt that day will ever be

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 13, 2014, 13:37 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 23:21:
What did you think "system restore" is doing? It images changes since last restore, and restores them ALL for ALL activated drives (settings on a drive let's you disable that)

Yeah, it doesn't actually do that. It's not a full-blown image it restores, it restores "mission critical" files (windows files, drivers, etc, and for some reason your av database) to a previous version. It's SUPPOSED to leave things like documents, programs etc alone. I've never actually seen it do what Wallshadows described, so that's why I was wondering if A:I saves in a weird location.

Mhh, then we talk about 2 different things apparently, sorry ;/

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 13, 2014, 03:47 eRe4s3r

Xil wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 01:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 15:06:
Belkin explains why nobody should own Belkin hardware

just the idea that my router would need to connect to "da cloud" to even give me access is just bloody stupid.

reading up on this it was actually an optional feature (DynDNS) that handles static ip when you are on a dynamic IP .. ISP...

So it's actually a neat feature by Belkin... maybe I was too harsh It would make sense that if it's down things could go wrong very badly, given that it's a defacto fake DNS.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
43. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 03:45 eRe4s3r

rist3903 wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 03:41:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 14:29:
Crazy the way that this shows no signs of slowing down.

Question for Bluesers: when was the last time you spent money on this project? I'm just wondering who is driving this and why.

Mind you, this is not a complaint or criticism. These people are funding the game for the rest of us. I'm just curious.
I put in 30 or 35 bucks way back in the beginning of all this. Haven't spent any more on it since then.

Same here....

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
40. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 02:54 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 22:17:
Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:39:
loomy wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 19:33:
Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:11:
The part where they flew through the city on their way to dock, was that free-form flying, or was it a predetermined path? Because if that was free-form, I think I just had a little accident in my pants....

landing on planets will be in-engine cutscenes. you just watched one

Sigh. I knew it was too good to be true.

Well, the fact that it's in-engine means they could, in theory, make it manual someday.

Forget manual... can we SKIP that? Who wants to see a scripted landing sequence like that each time..... sigh

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
48. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 13, 2014, 01:06 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 22:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:51:
Yep it had very nice graphics, and honestly fantastic CG sequences. And even if nonsensical at times, they were well directed from a cinematographic standpoint
Agreement has been reached! World peace achieved!

Wouldn't that be nice? As artist obviously I enjoy good artwork though. It also makes me a very strong cynic... ^^

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 23:21 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:25:
I had to run a system restore on my system because Windows kept on hanging at the start up screen likely caused by a driver shitting the bed. When I finally got back to my desktop, I went to fire up A:I and noticed it was greyed out.

My system restore did something I never thought was possible and removed the game and thus my save files. So now I have to spend another eight hours to download and play catch up for another seven or so and I just don't feel up to doing it right now.

Sort of extinguished the flame of wanting to play the game for now.

What did you think "system restore" is doing? It images changes since last restore, and restores them ALL for ALL activated drives (settings on a drive let's you disable that)

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 21:38 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:26:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:04:

Your house sounds a bit unusual.

It's possible the dude lives in a rough neighborhood. In real bad spots it not unusual to have bars on your windows, reinforced door etc. Of course if you live in a regular neighborhood it'll just make your house look like a complete fucking psychopath lives there.

You'd be surprised. This is a peaceful outskirt near Berlin on a steep straight hill road. 5 houses here have steel shutters, electronically closing ones, reinforced ceiling windows and doors, motion detections with lights and alarms. Solid iron fences and I think 2 at least have hidden cameras. And most of them now have protected cars and solar panels with synthetic DNA. We have regular police information meetings how to better protect the houses and cars/valuables to reduce incentive for break ins and theft. Break ins are a huge issue in the polish German border regions.

If I were allowed, I'd install sentry turrets.. but sadly the state doesn't want that.

Also it helps with insurance payments. ^^

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 21:31 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 21:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:50:
Someone TLDR ... it's Gamasutra...

Ps.: I don't get how Internet threats can drive you from your house.. seriously. Who the fuck cares about some nutjobs on the internet? I mean we all know they exist..but leaving my house, and my computer over that? Haha... never. Whoever comes to me better be armed and armored.

Well, every now and then someone goes off the deep end.

Then again, I have an actual functional 1h broadsword next to my bed.... makes you sleep very well at night. And also metal shutters and a door that is metal reinforced, reinforced grating over the cellar windows and locks in every single window. Whoever lived here before me was way more paranoid than me....

Your house sounds a bit unusual. Still you have to leave its safe confines now and then. And even here in the states wearing a gun on your person isn't a guarantee of safety.

The good thing is in Germany someone pointing a gun at someone is extremely rare....

And yeah, this house is an oddity where I live except I think others have taken inspiration... many here have same level of protection. That said I rent it, so whoever lived here before from what I can tell, was a state foreclosure guy. Basically if you ran out of money with huge bills, he'd come (state order) and confiscate stuff for the state to sell to reduce your debt. I guess he had some serious paranoia... whatever the case thanks to that mystery dude I have a house that could survive the zombie Apocalypse with ease

And I honestly think people being such jackasses on the Internet need psychological help. But this article is not helping the victim this is only helping gamasutra. And I find that much more deplorable than death threats on the internet. Over phone or mail? 100% straight to police. But internet? Meh. On the internet 9 out of 10 times people are just bullshitting.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2014, 21:41.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 12, 2014, 18:36 eRe4s3r

pixel art metroidvania

and that is where i stopped reading

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 18:33 eRe4s3r

ChaosEngine wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:50:

Ps.: I don't get how Internet threats can drive you from your house.. seriously. Who the fuck cares about some nutjobs on the internet? I mean we all know they exist..but leaving my house, and my computer over that? Haha... never. Whoever comes to me better be armed and armored.

Then again, I have an actual functional 1h broadsword next to my bed.... makes you sleep very well at night. And also metal shutters and a door that is metal reinforced, reinforced grating over the cellar windows and locks in every single window. Whoever lived here before me was way more paranoid than me....

Nobody and nothing could make me move out my home with threats.

Did you read the threats? They're pretty horrific, and they also include the victims home address.

Pretty easy to act the internet tough guy when it's not you that's being threatened.

I don't read gamesutra and I don't click on gamasutra So if you don't TLDR the threats I have no idea. But do you believe I am on the web for 15+ years and don't know how fucked up some people can be? No threat on the tubes is worth to leave your home for.

And rule 1 of the internet, don't believe anything from a opinionated source. And gamasutra is the SJW hellhole deluxe. Nothing from them has any truth value to me.

46. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 12, 2014, 16:51 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:47:
Indeed, sometimes positions can not be negotiated to a compromise if they are so fundamentally opposed. In the end it's a fact that like anything that can be consumed as media the resulting opinions will be as numerous as there were viewers...
I have sort of enjoyed being the one defending a game for a change. I'm usually on the other end. I suppose I just have a soft-spot for Square JRPGs. Granted they pretty much all are absurd.

You might be taking them a bit too seriously if you're hating on poor Chocobo-chick in Sazh's afro. Pretty much all JRPGs are full of absurd nonsense to a degree. Even the sacred FFVI's of the world.

In the end, I paid $10 for FFXIII on PS3 and despite finding it tedious and absurd on many levels, I chose to let myself enjoy the game for what it was. At least we can agree that the game had some incredibly amazing graphics!

Yep it had very nice graphics, and honestly fantastic CG sequences. And even if nonsensical at times, they were well directed from a cinematographic standpoint

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 15:50 eRe4s3r

Nobody and nothing could make me move out my home with threats.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2014, 16:00.

44. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 12, 2014, 15:47 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 19:57:
But we obviously agree to disagree.

Indeed, sometimes positions can not be negotiated to a compromise if they are so fundamentally opposed. In the end it's a fact that like anything that can be consumed as media the resulting opinions will be as numerous as there were viewers....

And when I am honest, FFX13 had already been on my "shit-list" when a bird flew out of that guys Afro. Honestly, could you start a game any worse after a fancy (and extremely stupid) action sequence? A bird in a black guys afro... that's.. I am sure that's racist... somehow. And if not racist, then it probably violated some animal rights law.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2014, 16:01.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 11, 2014, 23:41 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 22:46:
Flatline wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 22:33:
It's obvious why Kickstarter is over. Star Citizen's 60 million dollar stretch goal is to replicate all projects on kickstarter, ever.

in-engine? That would be AWESOME!

But each in-engine game would suffer from feature creep and development of each in-engine game would be split over 5 different studios (by the way, when has game development like that ever worked?)

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 11, 2014, 23:39 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 21:21:
Neilsen is investigating this internet thing. It may have some potential as a media delivery system.

News from next week... "Nielsen says: Internet just a temporary FAD, will never catch on!"

7191 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo