Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8162 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released Apr 26, 2015, 20:31 eRe4s3r

The hell is that trailer? The music is horrible, it does show nearly the same maps and areas as the last CoD (can't remember name..) and... it's set in the future.. again?

And the best bit is, they still use the same shitty engine, shitty physics and shitty gameplay from all the other modern shooter cod's

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Star Citizen... Apr 26, 2015, 15:46 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 14:59:
Dog two houses over barks his god damn head off all the time and is named Angel, to boot.

Call the cops, you have a right not to be bothered by noise, when the dog barks longer than 45 minutes (altogether) you have a legal right to sue these owners who don't give a fuck about others to kingdom come. And you should

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 25, 2015, 23:29 eRe4s3r

Sad but true, though it's not that nobody cares, it's that not ENOUGH nor enough IMPORTANT people care.  

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: Tea Party Simulator 2015 on Steam. Apr 25, 2015, 22:24 eRe4s3r

This should have been a review headline

It's certainly easy to dismiss Tea Party Simulator as just another silly simulator... because it is, and you are absolutely correct in dismissing it as just another Youtuber bait game

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2015, 14:48 eRe4s3r

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 13:58:
It's just not that big of a deal. Nerds have turned a simple thing into a big deal - like they always do - and in 3 months this will be blown over.

All this shows is that you have little clue about modding communities.. this is a huge deal for nearly a decade now and now that Steam pulled the trigger it exploded, rightfully so. This was something people feared ever since the workshop was started. That at some point steam in bed with Publishers is going to DRM mods to the Workshop is nearly a given now. And this is also something people predicted would happen once the centralization of mods onto a DRM platform becomes common place.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 Apr 25, 2015, 01:18 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 00:12:
It did strike me that it could be a decent educational game to show kids the basics of what different parts of a car do and where they are. I wouldn't say the same for Farming Simulator.

You'd be surprised how many people do not know where basic food even comes from

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 25, 2015, 00:11 eRe4s3r

More interesting is that they want to censor/ban people playing with mods they don't agree with....  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
93. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 22:52 eRe4s3r

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 21:19:
KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 20:45:
Yea, soon they may just release an engine and tools, then profit off the modders.

You mean like Skyrim?

Oh wait...

Actually most usefull modding stuff was made by modders such as SKSE which is used in a lot of skyrim mods. Authors always stated that they only allowed its use in freely available mods and not for profit(thats another matter and I hope the few folks from MIT who made SKSE get some good lawyers before planning their move now).

How SKSE reacts to this will be very interesting to see indeed... and it's not just SKSE, tons of mods have that non-commercial clause, including all of mine (however irrelevant those are, as I don't mod Skyrm ,p)

87. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 22:11 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 14:01:
A lot of people mod for attention/cred so there will always be a free alternative, I can't get worked up over this. Some mods I wouldn't mind paying for anyway (SkyUI for example). Modding has become a bit of a lost art in the industry overall thanks to DLC so whatever encourages more of the practice in my book.

90% of mods are people dong things they personally want to see in a game that the devs either refused to do, or just flat out didn't do.

And if SkyUI ever goes paid I would remove my endorsement Because I don't want modding to become class based society where those with money can get the important mods and those without are fucked.

84. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 21:19 eRe4s3r

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 20:45:
Yea, soon they may just release an engine and tools, then profit off the modders.

You mean like Skyrim?

Oh wait...

82. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 21:12 eRe4s3r

Medwynd wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 19:24:
jimnms wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 14:38:
Even though it has been a while since I played Skyrim, I just checked out three random mods that I use that appeared in the pay list on Steam. All three of those mods are now pay what you want, with a 99 cent minimum, and are no longer available on the Nexus. It looks like users aren't happy about it either based on the bad ratings and comments being posted.

I only see 19 mods out of 25254 mods for Skyrim on Workshop that are paid mods, all of which I have never heard of or used.

Which ones in particular did you see that were off nexus and now paid on steam? I just updated all my mods for Skyrim on monday so I am all good still.

Cold and Wet and it's sub-mods discontinued updates on free version (both on Nexus and on Workshop) and basically overhauled the mods to re-release as a paid version (Also making the 2 mods (with same name!) incompatible in the process)

And they ask for nearly 5€ ! They gotta be insane.

24. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:22 eRe4s3r

theglaze wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 14:45:
I bought GTAV so I could fool around with mods as they came out, but now I have to pay for those? Fuck off.

Mods for GTA5 will always be on Nexus only Steam literally doesn't allow dll mods.

Which also makes half of the listed mods (Cold and Wet) illegal. As they require SKSE which you can definitely not ever sell on Steam ;p Considering it reverse engineers the entire game and hooks into hundreds of calls.

23. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:15 eRe4s3r

Bingo This is steam trying to quash the Nexus and nothing more.. and in the end the goals is definitely to squash free modding entirely.

I hated steam workshop with a passion because of the retarded auto-update that ALWAYS fucking BROKE .. EVER SINGLE FUCKING GAME I STARTED MODDED IN CIV5

FUCK YOU VALVE indeed

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
11. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 22, 2015, 22:33 eRe4s3r

Yeah not sure what to make of the announcement of 2 stand-alone expansions before release of even gameplay footage...

Could either be very interesting or a complete rip-off.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 12:33 eRe4s3r

Was it any surprise a UK bangster was the one doing illegal stuff like that? Stock markets are completely out of control  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 09:17 eRe4s3r

This is a huge bad change by the way, if you own a TV that has youtube functionality you can basically kiss that feature goodbye and this doesn't just concern cheap smart tv's...

What the fuck google...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 20:48 eRe4s3r

The biggest joke regarding Online is that if you drive a car into a garage, your camera rests, the park after the animation of driving is parked next to you, and aside from chatting you can no longer do ANYTHING.

Aka, garage stuck issue. Not fixed ;/ (Btw, yes.. a variation of a 2 year old bug found on consoles)

Imo Online is unplayable anyway considering you are wasting 99% of the time staring at a loading screen... as good as the port is (to some extend) SP wise, Online is a total absolute mess.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
9. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 18:50 eRe4s3r

I watched some weird as shit promo gameplay (at least it was declared so on youtube) and the game shown just bored the shit out of me. KF1 was.. uh.. competent but not mind-blowing. KF2 just looks like a clone with better graphics and slight tweaks.  

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
14. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 21, 2015, 18:45 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 17:39:
I haven't read the post yet but back when ME3 came out, I said that a Freespace2-style space-combat sim based on the final stand at Earth would kick so much ass and take so many names, it'd need it's own wiki! I mean, picture an engrossing, full-immersive Oculus-ready EliteDangerous/Star Citizen type sim with battles like that last one in ME3 and I would gladly hand over a year's salary!...ok, maybe not a year, I do have to eat and if I lose my house I'd need gas for my car/bed...but holy shit, KICKSTART that, pronto, yo! Nod

=-Rigs-=

Someone MUST be doing that... but I dunno if I wanted to control a giant ass cruiser alá ME3 end-battle with the controls of Freespace 2 It'd have to be more off-hands and more VR immersive

I still think the absolutely best match would be Silent Hunter meeting Mass Effect

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2015, 13:31 eRe4s3r

Only thing needed for the site to be mobile friendly is 2 point larger font, a slight space between each link (And comment) and getting rid of sidebar

Well.. and a slightly improved post comment field...

Someone would jsut need to do this and send to blues, and we could get rid of the PDA link, and make a proper MOBILE link ie m.bluesnews.com that redirects to other (mobile) style

On top of the page a link to get back to bluesnews.com OR to m.bluesnews.com

From the sounds of it 99% of that is just CSS trickery.

8162 Comments. 409 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo