Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7003 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 18:37 eRe4s3r

Polygon proving again why it's on the boycott list.. bullshit stories by bullshit writers.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month
11. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month Sep 30, 2014, 08:24 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 23:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 23:33:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 23:10:
Can I play as Alma?

The misunderstood super-evil

FEAR never worked for me in a horror sense because why would I be scared of her? What happened to her is sad...

Maybe that's what FEAR did best, it did have a really interesting story...

A story which I'm sure will come shining through in an online-only, free to play, multiplayer shooter.

Pretty much

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month
5. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month Sep 29, 2014, 23:33 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 23:10:
Can I play as Alma?

The misunderstood super-evil

FEAR never worked for me in a horror sense because why would I be scared of her? What happened to her is sad...

Maybe that's what FEAR did best, it did have a really interesting story...

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
10. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 12:18 eRe4s3r

Arithon wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 11:44:
"We actually started on this more than a year before Battlefield 4 came out."
Really? Doing what? Setting the price? The "BETA" they released was little more than a lazy mod of BF4 with 70-90% of the same assets and sound-effects.

Release mod tools for BF4 and watch a dozen different people do a better job in half the time.

Future games like DayZ, Alien Swam, DOTA, Counterstrike and Natural Selection have all been smothered in their crib by the DLC Cash Cow vetoing the modding community.

Shallow, greedy short-term thinking.

I have bought every BattleField title on the PC since the game series began. BF4 was the last one I will ever buy.

The last two BF games were plagued with bugs and were killed off by slicing the player-base in half each time with every paid map-pack, leaving servers empty of all but those who bought into the "Premium".

I am exactly in the same boat.. Battlefield 4 is the end point for me with this series and I owned literally every single Battlefield game there is. What Dice pulled with the DLC still makes me sour. Exclusive DLC weapons that are vastly superior to any other weapon (AWS (better than any other MG) /Bulldog better than any other high damage assault rifle) etc. That's the new DICE.

And the CTE coming out tomorrow is just the last nail in the coffin.. too much bullshit and too late.... and making CTE premium exclusive is what did it for me...

Yeah, let's split up player base not just between DLC's, but also between premium exclusive CTE and broken as shit game for the plebs... Dice at their best. And yes, I know we all get the patch tomorrow, my point is that dice in their infinite wisdom gave the premium users a FIXED GAME and gives us plebs a fixed game 3 fucking months later with the caveat that "team CTE" is going to start, and so CTE is again going to split up player-bases. That's just awesome. The game is already pretty damn deserted at night. Barely 20 decent servers when I filter for conquest / golmund in rotation....

I am done with Battlefield

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
19. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 29, 2014, 00:51 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 15:21:
NeOCidE wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 14:49:
Competition is going to be fierce in the space sim genre. I fear for Egosoft. You need to nail the product before it ships or your just going to drive your customers to other alternatives.

The tricky bit is that there isn't a real alternative to Rebirth in terms of empire building gameplay. ED does space combat exceptionally well but it just offers trading. Star Citizen is an MMO, so really, Egosoft had the perfect opportunity to release something unique that no one else was offering. Right now, the only alternative would be Limit Theory but that isn't out yet either.

Egosoft would be dead in the water if the EVE Online devs make an EVE Offline. I dunno why they are not doing that, but I am guessing it will happen at some point. I know I am not the only one who wants an EVE that is not ONLINE

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 00:48 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 00:14:
I am the master of disaster when it comes to toilets! On me and the wife's last vacation I actually clogged 3 out of 3 toilets in the hotels we were staying at! I'm not sure if i'm just overly gifted when it comes to john clogging or lucky! Well, it was never lucky for the maids that had to come into the room and clean up after my rectal wreaking ball did it's damage. I think it's just shoddy construction honestly. I mean, the newer toilets use less water and I believe hamster poop could clog those damn things. BUT, the old super flushers of the past, OH HEEEEEELLLLLL NO! You could flush a Volkswagen down those damn things without even a hiccup. Dammit, I MISS the toilets of olde *sighs and marches off into my bathroom to reminisce about the past*

Having seen hotel toilets you should not feel bad about that. In their attempt to save water and space they design those things for midgets.

In the past they understood that "fall height" of the water and pipe diameter are not things you can improve or change without damaging functionality.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 29, 2014, 00:34 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 13:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 22:39:
Is this the open source security apocalypse? These things are used by billion $ corporations and they don't audit them first? What the actual hell.

btw, on my Android tablet with Cyanogen mod 11 nightly the vuln also exists. Gonna need an update too heh...

Audit? What do you mean by that?
You don't have a checklist of ALL possible ways you can attack something because it's up to the fantasy of attacker to find a new way. Of course there are specifications for how secure something should be but that doesn't mean that it's bulletproof, open source or not.
You are actually lucky that you can read about it BECAUSE it's open source. Do you think every company that writes closed source software discloses every vulnerability it ever had that was (not) patched?

I mean if you use an open source tool in your billion $ companies products you should probably look at the code and check BASIC security things before allowing it in

And yes, parser issues are actually on a checklist to look for in code. Every good code analyze tool checks for that. The problem is nobody ever ran it over bash source because nobody at Bash paid someone to do that.

News Comments > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY Released
3. Re: Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY Released Sep 29, 2014, 00:19 eRe4s3r

And as usual, it's the "Matrix" pricing in action too 75 if there wasn't a sale. That's well above 90$  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 00:10 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 20:21:
Fion wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 14:36:
Nothing is made to last anymore Blue, nothing. Too much money to be made in repair (see Apple) or simply throwing away the broken to be replaced with the new. You think it's an anomaly that everyone's phone tends to start bugging out just a few short months before your contract is up?

Had to replace the floats a few times in the 8 years I have had this house, and just last month replaced the flappers.....odd how I never remember any of this being an issue growing up......

Mine lasted 23 years (floats, rubber seal and all) I cleaned them twice in that time, and at that point, buying new casket was cheaper than repairing the parts that had broken...

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
17. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 28, 2014, 23:58 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 21:03:
Zanthar wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 20:07:
No... it's if you buy this crappy DLC the next crappy 'new one' is free.

No, it shows up as "Free" in the Steam store, and when you go to "purchase" it, the buy button is a download button. So this one IS definitely free if you own Rebirth.

Clicking the download button doesn't do anything for me, though.

Do it in the client.... worked for me.. free DLC but it's not yet released so it won't display anywhere...

At least there is no requirement to actually INSTALL rebirth

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Sep 28, 2014, 03:05 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 23:35:
Warthog HOTAS + Obutto r3volution including the Warthog mounting shit = SIM HEAVEN

And can be used as desk replacement... mhh.. this is actually something to consider... my desk is not really ergonomic

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 27, 2014, 22:39 eRe4s3r

Is this the open source security apocalypse? These things are used by billion $ corporations and they don't audit them first? What the actual hell.

btw, on my Android tablet with Cyanogen mod 11 nightly the vuln also exists. Gonna need an update too heh...

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Sep 27, 2014, 22:03 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 21:22:
I would love a setup like that, but if I'm going to spend way too much money on playing a flight sim, I'm going to go all out and get one of those cockpit chair setups that start around $2000. :-)

Actually they cost barely 700$ if you know where to look, yoke mount, 2 side mounts, height adjustable, and screen holder. (or if you go for VR, you can even save that) look up Gameracer seats

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 27, 2014, 04:17 eRe4s3r

The only thing this news made me do is look up what bricks actually cost.. and .. well, 30ct per brick So for that money for 1 brick ye could actually buy about 500 bricks....

For 300$ you could buy a 1000 bricks

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears
11. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears Sep 26, 2014, 22:41 eRe4s3r

Zanderat1 wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 22:30:
Squirmer wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 20:02:
So it's Myst basically.
How is that a bad thing?

It's not really I must be the only one who liked all the Myst games.....

I don't mind slow atmosphere oozing explorations though, I just don't know what kind of gameplay length this has and what I should expect it to have. Dear Esther had less than 1 hour

5. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears Sep 26, 2014, 12:25 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:18:
Dear Esther was great. The environments and subtle story elements were very immersive. It's less of a game an more of an experience.

I played a bit of Vanishing last night and it's a more interactive than Dear Esther.
It's just as, if not more immersive as well.
Never has an organic environment looked as natural and realistic, either.

Graphics and sound are fantastic, but voice acting and NPCs aren't quite as high.

The gameplay mechanics are pretty interesting, but straight forward.

I'm liking it a lot so far.

So there is gameplay and puzzles? Not just a walking simulator?

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
36. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2014, 12:05 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 11:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 09:20:
Xero wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 08:38:
Wow...really? My 560gtx doesn't meet recommended requirements anymore? Damn, and I thought it was just my CPU that was outdated these days... That 50gb installation is harsh. I don't think any game is worth that much GB of an install. Then again, I should have a TB HDD by now also... lol
TIME FOR AN UPGRADE!

Well... I have 16TB.... but I am not normal ;p

Also only 512GB of SSD space and it's precious....

I was running Win7XP1/x64 on a 40gb Intel X-25 SSD for the longest time with about 1-2gb of free space... ...that was such a pain in the ass. I'd always have to use WinDirSat to find the biggest files that I didn't need and pull them off before installing updates or it would error-out. Plus it took me nearly forever to find out how to move the Windows temp directory OFF the C: drive (I know, I know). I'd go to decompress a 3 gig zip file and bomb out right at the end from lack of space every. single. #$^@. time...lol...Meanwhile, I had 6terabytes worth of hard drive space (2x 2tb WD drives, 1x 1tb Seagate, 1x 500gb Seagate and 1x 500gb Maxtor) backing up my tiny SSD for game/app installs and downloads/backups. Finally, in the next Windows install cycle, I threw it on one of the 500gb drives and used the SSD for game installs that I was playing currently or that needed fast access, worked out much better but Windows actions slowed considerably, especially booting. Went from 17 seconds to 47 seconds. (Which still isn't horrible, I'll admit, but it is noticeable if you're used to quick boots and restarts...my P2/400 back in the day used to take nearly 3 mins to cold boot Win98) I'm gonna need to upgrade soon, though. I have an HD7850 but it's kinda crippled with only 1gb of VRAM (it was cheap, so I grabbed it). Along with a first-gen Core i5/750 and 6gb of RAM, it's starting to show it's age in recent game releases... *sigh* ...

One of the editors at TweakTown posted his new system to FB yesterday, a brand new Core i7, an Asus X99Deluxe and 64gb of DDR4 RAM with 4 980GTX's in SLI and I was almost in tears, in was so beautiful....except for the nVidia cards...throw two R9-295X2's in there and I'd be bawling like a baby...

EDIT: Here's the post with a picture of the beast...

=-Rigs-=

With 2 R9 295X2's you could weld steel plates and power a jet-fighters turbine. (Also cross-fire doesn't work so well on those I hear ,p)

Anyway I grew up with a 20MB hdd, I know what both ends of the feeling "oooh so much space" and "20MB? this game says it needs 70mb!" feel like I got sick of running out of space though. In my actual gaming rig I only have a 3TB hdd and the 512GB SSD, all the other stuff is external, some is back-up some is NAS, some is storage and some is USB drives too.

For me upgrade is only coming when I know for sure what VR needs. Currently I am building my SIM equipment rather than my gaming rig Have an x52 now and spend my time learning how to fly an A10C ... if I only could figure out how to actually set up the laser marker for bombs on a moving target...

If you think you have it rough imagine me, aside from my 680GTX which I love (but it has only 2GB) I still run an ancient system with a Phenom 2 X6 ;(

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 11:56 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 11:43:
#ComplaintGate

#GateOver

(Trademark application rejected)

also

gate

1. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears Sep 26, 2014, 11:48 eRe4s3r

So does this have gameplay or is it another Dear Esther?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 11:34 eRe4s3r

UHD wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 11:13:
ldonyo wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 10:12:
Can we please stop adding "Gate" to the end of everything?

#gategate will not be silenced!

#gategategate #willgate #notgate #begate #silencedgate

What? (gate)

7003 Comments. 351 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo