Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8441 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ELEX Announced
7. Re: ELEX Announced Jul 2, 2015, 12:07 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 12:05:
If I ask you for a schmarblemoop dwif flassenhoof what am I asking you for?

Obviously you are asking for a good German beer

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 10:06:
While I don't disagree with the bans wouldn't just allowing players to mute/ignore be much easier?

You can hide chat in HoTs but not mute certain people (or even ignore certain people)

Far worse problem for HoTs is the completely broken match-making.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2015, 04:25 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 03:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 02:54:
But then ever since Fallout 3 this IP should be dead to you, no?

Huh? How did you figure that? I actually loved Fallout New Vegas.

I meant in terms of expectations to get a good CRPG NV wasn't exactly vastly different to Fallout 3. The style *was* different sure, but Fallout 4 is made by the guys who made Fallout 3. So I am glad you liked NV, but imo it is clear that to Beth NV was an accident...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 2, 2015, 04:15 eRe4s3r

All this talk reminds me that we really don't have a proper modern jet and assorted simulation like Falcon 4.

Imo you are giving the F35 too many tasks ,) In a NATO engagement there'd be 1000+ planes in action, only a tiny fraction of em with true stealth (and more likely there'd be hundreds of F22, F4 Phantom II's, Eurofighters and F16 because you just can't beat full blown missile platforms nor the F4 advanced threat detection. So it's unlikely a single F35 would ever find itself alone in a dogfight.

None of the technologies we have currently was developed to meet a real war-demand either so.. whether they are any good.. who knows. Should Russia, say, invade Poland it'd take many months to counter systems by Russia. But.. there'd be Iron Dome around every city and installation, there'd be MEADS systems in the dozens at the borders, and these are rumored to have stealth detection capabilities that outperform any known stealth technology. Point is, a F35 in dogfight is not where a F35 should be. According to this report at least ,p

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2015, 02:54 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 02:20:
Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 23:21:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 23:03:
After seeing the previews and the highly dumbed down interface with useless choice options I'm very wary of this one.

Agreed. This is definitely not a day one purchase.

The E3 demo left me very underwhelmed. It sort of had the Simcity meets Fallout3 feeling. I dunno, I guess players of Minecraft and survival games will enjoy it, I just wanted a good CRPG in a Fallout setting...

But then ever since Fallout 3 this IP should be dead to you, no? Personally I want a FPS fallout so to me this is right up my alley, but obviously it's not pre-order material, because nothing is anymore.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 1, 2015, 23:27 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 21:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 20:07:
Dogfight ability has zero relevance to plane performance in a modern AWACS supported war.

And... F-35 in Dogfight.. would be a major fail of the command structure. Considering the US can get the IRIS-T, which is a "furball" missile. Meaning it can turn around and chase targets that are behind, below or above a plane without having to turn the plane in that direction....

That's true if you're fighting a 3rd world country. But what if 10 years from now we were defending Taiwan against the Chinese and going up against stealthy J-20s and J-31s (itself designed from stolen F-35 blueprints, although without the crippling VSTOL design flaws). The AWACS will be too far out to detect them and engagment distances would be greatly reduced.

Or what if Putin launches a full invasion of Ukraine in a few years and we're going up against SU-35s hidden with plasma stealth, which the Russians have been developing for decades. It's a nightmare: fighting against a top of the line stealthed gen 4.5 fighter that doesn't have any of the compromises of passive stealth. Never mind the new T-50, which was designed to be fast and passively stealthy to penetrate US air defenses and take out AWACS with 120 mile-ranged Kh-58UShE anti-radar missile. And without AWACS where would the F-35 be?

In a real conflict the F35 would be where it belongs, mothballed Putin will also never enter a hot conflict with the Nato imo. And China.. well the F35 is inferior to the modern jets by em.

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 1, 2015, 23:13 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 21:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 20:07:
Dogfight ability has zero relevance to plane performance in a modern AWACS supported war.

And... F-35 in Dogfight.. would be a major fail of the command structure. Considering the US can get the IRIS-T, which is a "furball" missile. Meaning it can turn around and chase targets that are behind, below or above a plane without having to turn the plane in that direction....

As for the IRIS-T, that is a short-range infrared missile, one which will only ever be employed in a dogfight. If the launching platform is slow and unmaneuverable, like the F-35, then getting close enough to use such a missile is to cede any advantage or chance at survival you might have.

25km is close, but gun attack range is 1km to 2km You carry these missiles not to get into dogfight distance, but to have something superior than a gun should anything get into YOUR range despite a best try at avoiding it ;p And would you rather have a gun in a F35, or 8 IRIS-T ?

For me that question is moot anyway, because objectively I agree that the F35 is a dead-end. But as a mind play imo a missile that can turn on a dime is superior than a plane that has a gun that has the turn radius of an oil tanker.

Hilariously, the F4 Phantom II can also fire Iris-T.. making that cold war relic superior to the F35 in a way...

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2015, 23:20.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 1, 2015, 20:21 eRe4s3r

You are forgetting that the IMF/ESF/EMS is not there to save poor countries, it is there to maintain financial stability within the currency of the Euro, specifically that of banks. Literally nothing done so far didn't have that as goal. Nobody in this programs gives a fuck about Greece, it's about protection stability of the Euro (For Germany funnily, a weak Euro is massively positive hence why we "boom" when everyone else falls)

And considering the Greece government flat out lied at every turn, doesn't follow through with agreements and reverted back reforms that had improved the situation for Greece for the first time ever in 2014 there is nothing left to do but let them burn and sink.

Now with the referendum, Greece has committed suicide. No vital negotiation will happen until that's over. And should it be a NO Greece is a failed state on that same day. And a Yes? How would Syriza even negotiate with the Euro Zone after that stunt? Nobody there takes Greece serious anymore.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 1, 2015, 20:07 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2015, 10:04 eRe4s3r

Goodbye OpenDNS, was good knowing you. A NSA backdoor supplier like Cisco talking about security is the biggest joke ever  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 1, 2015, 10:00 eRe4s3r

Greece lied itself into the Euro with the help of Goldman Sax though...

My pity is like subzero

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 30, 2015, 21:03 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 11:08:
5 cents is nothing compared to the $2-3 ATM fees people routinely pay for the convenience of withdrawing money at the gas station/grocery store/strip club rather than their own bank's locations. An increasing number of businesses charge a flat ~35-cent fee for debit card transactions, too, if they accept it at all (credit card fees are generally subsidized by the issuing company AFAIK). A much larger number of people pay that, without hesitation. "Real" money has plenty of fees of its own.

I never said that real money hasn't got it's own problems I said bitcoin is no better than real money and probably much worse. ;p

When mining profitable is no longer 100%+ fees will skyrocket as power usage increases but mining profits decrease this is a total dead-end. Even in china, where power costs 3ct to 5ct per kw/h (in Germany that's 26ct).

Or put differently, it is already more expensive to compute a single bitcoin transmission than just DRIVING with a car to a local EC terminal and back. Bitcoin is indeed a dead-end.. but monetary system as a whole surely has insane power requirements too. Thing is bitcoin doesn't replace them... so it just adds a pointless dead-end currency on top

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth E3 Trailer
5. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth E3 Trailer Jun 30, 2015, 20:57 eRe4s3r

I still think this would have been better with a clear Alpha Centauri "scary fuckingplanet trying to murder your ass" focus... instead they made it generic fantasy with lifeless AI that alternatively is dumber than bread or cheating more than top CS:GO players. And Aliens that pose about as much threat as a candle in a steel box.

And to top it all off.. the game still ends, to this day, with a single "you have lost" / "you have won" text message, no statistics, no flavor, nothing. What a soulless cash in really... bah

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 30, 2015, 10:07 eRe4s3r

Not sure the math is right on that, but considering that bitcoin has ever escalating transfer fees you can forget using it as a currency replacement come the end of profitable mining. Current fees are around 5ct.... which is insane when you think about it. A money transfer that has fees is promoting hoarding.. sigh

Bitcoin is not an alternative, sadly.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 30, 2015, 09:48 eRe4s3r

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 09:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 09:38:
MGS5 is coming for pc right? Because that gameplay demo looked at the very least.. awesome Not awesome enough to buy "was outdated on release" hardware called consoles though ^^
September 15th.

Only a few days before my birthday ha.. Mhh I guess I ought to mark that on the calender

Kinda hyped for this I have to admit..

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jun 30, 2015, 09:43 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 21:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:10:
something on your end is blocking the css from loading, specifically styles.css adblock or script block being overzealous? Aside that I have no idea... and hope someone can help you

Possible. I wouldn't know where to check first though. Huh I mean, I have Adblock but only it's default settings. I've tried with it disabled and the result was the same.

=-Rigs-=

Nah adblock doesn't block .css files so that's out... but it could be the css file stored on your end is corrupted? Clearing cache and aside that, rebooting your router.. honestly no idea. I've had the same issue on other sites before with Firefox and it always fixed itself by forcing a full cache refresh (ctrl + f5) no idea though if chrome has the same thing.

Do you have the same problem when you use firefox or IE as test? If not then it's most probably the cache of Chrome having an issue ;p

Btw, once I had this issue and it only fixed itself when I rebooted my router / got new IP...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 30, 2015, 09:38 eRe4s3r

MGS5 is coming for pc right? Because that gameplay demo looked at the very least.. awesome Not awesome enough to buy "was outdated on release" hardware called consoles though ^^  

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
39. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 08:01 eRe4s3r

It actually had a official launch... sadly terribly timed on 12th December...

Also what do they mean with "last major content patch" this was like the fucking FIRST and ONLY content patch to begin with.

Game had terrible support imo and that is what killed it.. that and against Hearthstone... you have to be insane to make a card game that has (imo) terrible art and gameplay design. It's just boring.. visually uninteresting and has no proper random / tavern brawl mode.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2015, 08:32.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2015, 20:10 eRe4s3r

something on your end is blocking the css from loading, specifically styles.css adblock or script block being overzealous? Aside that I have no idea... and hope someone can help you

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
20. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 29, 2015, 19:56 eRe4s3r

Still only planning on the steam link + controller package once I can see clearly how exactly that hardware performs.. ye never know with beta releases of hardware.  

8441 Comments. 423 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo