Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8589 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Delayed
6. Re: Mighty No. 9 Delayed Aug 1, 2015, 07:50 eRe4s3r

This is how you run a Kickstarter... in the ground.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2015, 10:57 eRe4s3r

Of course it's hypocrisy.. but that stream he was banned for was BY FAR the worst of the SGDQ 2015... and I mean it.. the absolute, pants down, worst.

That they banned his own twitch account is of course total bullshit nonsense But that's Twitch for ya...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2015, 10:14 eRe4s3r

If it's talking about the Crash Bandicot 2 speedrun, then that deserved banning for a lot of reasons, but certainly not bullshit pseudo psycho crazies being "triggered" ... and tumblerites (hah)  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October Jul 31, 2015, 08:07 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 21:07:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 20:09:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:39:
Bummer. I thought it'd be here sooner. That's cutting it kind of close to Fallout's release date.

I'm not complaining really. It's a free update for me.

Between the Director's Cut of Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4, I'm much more interested in W2DC. That game was great in spite of being a buggy mess on release day, it'll be amazing(hopefully!) with the added content and other patches.

D:OS EE will be in that time frame as well.

Remains to be seen whether that really warrants a replay of D:OS though...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: After publishing secret spy docs, German news site investigated for treason Jul 31, 2015, 06:26 eRe4s3r

NamecaF wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 03:06:
Really? None of your leftist nuts are gonna comment on this? Oh right, it's not America.

You should see the reactions to this in Germany....

Last time German journalists were charged with treason was in 1962 and since the highest court in Germany had repeatably judged that sources are protected and journalists do NOT violate the law when they publish secret government docs.

This investigation is against the law. And the dude that pushes for it knows it.. it's pure political bullshit with the sole goal to instill fear in potential sources and journalists.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 30, 2015, 19:05 eRe4s3r

Can be in BF4 so I would guess it is the same for Battlefront.. lets assume they too will forget Hardline ever existed

Also these pickups need to be randomized.... if they are not.. well.. think BF4 and pickups to know why that is not good

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:54 eRe4s3r

Phasenoise wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 18:47:
Most of the games are crappy little minimum wage job simulators too, involving some idiotic little tedium to do daily.

As it says, there isn't even really a winning, or defeating some cool system. There's just outspending or outgrinding other people.

How is this possibly fun?

Beats me... all I can think of is that suckers are somehow lured in by peer pressure (guild/clan aka pseudo friends pressuring em to join, and then they don't want to lose pseudo social status.. or some other related bullshit that never made any sense to me)

Funnily I get the addiction cycle for say, free to play games like Clickers (zero gameplay, but as progression quest showed, people like watching things progress) But a free to play title is only free as long as you don't pay money. Which is why I literally never ever spent a single cent on a micro transaction.

Maybe I am to oldschool

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:32 eRe4s3r

You know, this makes me really glad that I am apparently immune to that kind of addiction. I tested a few of these games, I uninstalled them 10 minutes later. The core gameplay hook with the timer and unlock garbage is so transparent (most of the time the games have quick beginning reward cycles that extend to minutes, hours, days, and then, months! that I felt insulted they even tried this shit on me.

These idiots are not "losing money".. they spending money by their own free will. The same free will that apparently made them buy an overpriced iPhone... hah

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 16:52 eRe4s3r

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 14:29:
Story on how to disable telemetry

There...

I think the telemetry data is only for apps but who knows.

I hope you guys concerned about privacy in your OS are more concerned about what's happening on the web. It is trivial to fingerprint your browser and follow your unique ID all over the place - and that's just to start.

The difference is that my web-browser doesn't know what's on my encrypted 20tb storage... but the Explorer.exe certainly does thanks to shit ton of registry hidden history and last-access nonsense.

And equally I am pretty sure that anyone who wants privacy is well aware of this -> https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Btw:
only one in 566,112 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours... sigh stupid Firefox is still shouting plugin support even if it's "click to activate" .. a bug called out for as long as this site is up

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 13:38 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:48:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:01:
I will never install Windows 10. Check this out.
Microsoft’s new small print – how your personal data is (ab)used

Why on Earth would anyone install an OS that so blatantly spies on it's users?

I may have gotten this link from someone here on Bluesnews yesterday.

EDIT: I stopped using Windows 10 over 6 months ago because of all the spying and MS promised that all that would be removed by release and the data was only being used to improve Windows 10. I guess that was a steaming pile of bullshit. All the shills were repeating the same PR lines. I hope that this destroys MS. F*&^ them!

yeah, you can turn all of that stuff off in the initial setup. good luck holding out though, I'm sure this whole "horseless carriage" thing is just a fad too.

This bold part is wrong.

There are telemetry / privacy settings you can NOT turn off, unless you have the Enterprise edition. These continue to transmit all installed applications, including filenames and everything else linked in any way to a MS application on your PC, to MS.

To disable what you CAN you have to spend a good few minutes scrawling through settings

https://i.imgur.com/iHge6RJ.jpg

And this still leaves you with a giant gaping security hole. Telemetry information includes IP, MAC Address, Ethernet names, Devices attached, Hardware included etc. and can be used to create a unique fingerprint of you including a complete usage statistic of everything you do on your PC.

So imo this is a huge privacy issue.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 11:04 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 09:52:
I tried it at a friends place, input lag was insane and quality wasn't good. It doesn't compare favorably to Steam In Home streaming.

Steam Link is a much cheaper solution to that whole concept anyway. If they want to stream the other way (PC to console) then they need to do proper KB/M support and while they give it lip service, I doubt they will bother.

Steam In Home streaming is indeed awesome (sub 7ms latency over WIFI at 1080p)

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
15. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 30, 2015, 05:17 eRe4s3r

There is imo nothing wrong with milking a successful game idea to death and from this it sounds like the dude deserved some success...

I don't get people hating successful games. Nobody forces you to buy this or play it, but some people may find fun in playing this, and that alone is the reason of existence for these games. If even 1 person loved playing FnaF4 then that is good enough. And if you make some money from it.. all the better.

News Comments > Magic Duels: Origins Released
1. Re: Magic Duels: Origins Released Jul 30, 2015, 04:58 eRe4s3r

Could it be? A fair free to play game? Better than HS?

Also you can't find it via normal steam store search.. wtf?

News Comments > Asian Online Titanfall Game Plans
3. Re: Asian Online Titanfall Game Plans Jul 29, 2015, 16:11 eRe4s3r

Had fun with it 2 weeks.. heh. Got boring really fast ;/

News Comments > King of Dragon Pass Released
3. Re: King of Dragon Pass Released Jul 29, 2015, 16:08 eRe4s3r

I am not ready I remember the original game to be bone crunching difficult...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 15:27 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:48:
Can someone actually confirm whether an upgrade from Windows 7 retains that license or not? And what happens when you change HDD's and thus have to do a clean windows 10 install???? Does that mean the license evaporates if you switch hardware?

It's supposed to deactivate the windows 7 license and turn it into a windows 10 license when you upgrade. Then, once you've upgraded your PC, it essentially becomes a windows 10 stand-alone license.

Thanks Guess I will sit on my license for the next 5 years.. no haste to upgrade..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 10:48 eRe4s3r

Can someone actually confirm whether an upgrade from Windows 7 retains that license or not? And what happens when you change HDD's and thus have to do a clean windows 10 install???? Does that mean the license evaporates if you switch hardware?  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
11. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 29, 2015, 02:17 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 21:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:08:
They said a month ago it is coming. If it were really coming, there would be a steam listing for this at least 1 to 2 months before release. So definitively not coming in August or September... ;/

There's a listing over on one of the french gaming sites showing a late 2nd or 3rd quarter release for it. Even then, I can't remember if it was 13-1 or 13-2 that didn't show up in SteamDB until 14 days before hand.

So there is hope? Really want to finish this story at some point ^^

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
44. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 18:13 eRe4s3r

shihonage wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:52:
I'm not fed up with games. I am fed up with stagnation.

I agree with you

It's not just that genres stagnate, you can even say that very few games even try to mix already established genres to create something uniquely interesting and maybe fun.

Very few games create something truly unique in terms of gameplay nowadays. and it is not a restriction of technology (least not on the PC, and even less once VR comes). It is a restriction of money mostly, and of the developers that don't think outside the box of already established genres. Even Kickstarter doesn't help, because popularity and nostalgia beats unique and fresh ideas into submission and obscurity.

But unlike you I haven't given up on gaming. I still find fun and enjoyment in many games As long as they aren't 2d platformers, beat em ups or text adventures.

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
9. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 28, 2015, 17:08 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 14:46:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:48:
Indeed.. what about the final FF13 part ?
Not yet. PC players still have to buy all the other bad crap Squeenix released over the last years. There is SO MUCH revenue potential with so little effort ...

That must be a huge "not yet", because Lightning returns isn't even listed on the Steam DB "yet".. that means they don't even have a build that runs on steam...

They said a month ago it is coming. If it were really coming, there would be a steam listing for this at least 1 to 2 months before release. So definitively not coming in August or September... ;/

8589 Comments. 430 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo