Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7966 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 1, 2015, 19:53 eRe4s3r

That was a interesting read (the chip process related one)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
26. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 16:23 eRe4s3r

No, the load time issue I mean, and that I posted in that original topic in the tech forums, is related to some other sort of bloat, not fixed by the save-cleaner.  

5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 11:27 eRe4s3r

That load time issue gets MUCH worse later on, there is an ENTIRE second city in act 3... I stopped playing for now ^^

I can't really criticize it yet, fully, but from the pure mechanics I don't much like this combat system AT ALL. I guess I do like the engagement system which allows blocking paths, but I hate the spell system and the talents.. the short durations on everything. I want spells that last longer than 4 seconds (I hated that in DnD alread) and worse is Druids shapeshift only works for 15 seconds.. sigh.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 1, 2015, 10:59 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 10:10:
Too bad Amazon didn't actually treat Canada as more than an afterthought. They should have told them to go fuck themselves. And these companies are nuts if they think drones are going to take off. Oh I'm sure no one will be bothered by thousands of these things whizzing around all the time with the constant irritating buzz, right? Or the inevitable landslide of lawsuits for everything from invasion of privacy to accidents to death and destruction of wildlife, people, pets, etc. And what happens when people start shooting them down over their property? And once one of these things is used for a terrorist attack or two it'll definitely be over.

It's almost nothing but downside all around on these things. I can see where they'd be of use in S&R, forestry, etc. but in cities for commercial purposes? No.

Thankfully terrorist attacks never stopped a technology.. look at planes, and how many fly around to this day with security features that aren't worth a damn

To this day pilots could never reasonably argue why planes don't control themselves with a basic AI + optical sensors... ^^

3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 10:07 eRe4s3r

Friday it's supposed to come.. we'll see. Tons of major bugs going to be fixed... and no doubt half as many introduced.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
21. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 06:17 eRe4s3r

I have transcended this topic and honestly don't give a damn anymore.. she is just another source of noise in the tubes.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 31, 2015, 12:28 eRe4s3r

And thank god for that.. label notification and sync were broken for like a year now  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
19. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 30, 2015, 22:13 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 21:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 20:11:
Would you expect Samsung to build proper desktop CPU's?
Even a rumour can cause a crazy spike.

Back before Activision Blizzard, I think Activision was going to buy Take Two if i recall correctly.

Take Two stock doubled in a day, then normalized

If there is one thing you can be sure is that AMD's stock will not double from that announcement Samsung would poach RnD personal and research data and that's it. Since AMD doesn't even have it's own FAB there is literally nothing of value aside from the people working there around. And Samsung is so filthy rich they could BUILD their own fab if they wanted and all they need is personal to fill the open positions.

And Samsung has already said they want to build their own CPU's, mobile ones, that is. So makes no sense to buy AMD aside from shredding it to pieces and take the best parts. Also you can take a guess what that means to the ATI part of AMD

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 30, 2015, 22:07 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 21:38:
Capitalism is built on the illusion that anyone can get rich and just like the lottery the odds are always against you. One winner and millions of losers. Las Vegas is living proof of that illusion. Capitalism like communism is a failure in practice. A socialized democracy is best for the majority. Or as are good friends the Vulcans are so fond of saying, the needs of the many outweigh those of the few or the one.

That said, the Vulcans would make for terrible politicians. Because any logical Vulcan would know that politics is a game you only win by not playing.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 21:52 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:32:
born2expire wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:22:
As much as Im digging PoE no mention of the Ranger pet bug? I've already been forced to start over (from lvl 5) and had to kill my Ranger in my 2nd play through.

Want to elaborate on that bug? If everyone's like you in thinking the other automatically knows about the bug, no shit there's no mention of it.

Having a good time with the game, though I find Chapter 2 remarkably less interesting. I never really like cities too much in these games -- because of all the walls of text every fucking NPC has in store for you and sidequest after sidequest around every goddamn corner -- and I've spent this entire day running back and forth in one. Give me wilderness, caves, unexplored vistas. Screw cities.

He talks about the bug where your pet quite literally disappears.. and it's known and reported in the forums already

The game has a ton of very very serious bugs. But first patch should fix many of em.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2015, 09:56 eRe4s3r

To watch GoT in Germany you'd have to pay somewhere around 300 per year And get delayed airing too.  

8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 29, 2015, 20:11 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:47:
Might be a good tip there to buy AMD stock.

Would you expect Samsung to build proper desktop CPU's?

6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 29, 2015, 18:55 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 16:44:
*snip*

I can't even... no.. I can't... that's.. no.. just .. no

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 29, 2015, 18:41 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 16:02:
TheEmissary wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:06:
I wouldn't exactly call using VPN/Proxies to access a subscription service your paying monthly for piracy. It isn't exactly legal to circumvent the geoblocking but its a bit disingenuous to call it piracy.

The irony of it is that by pushing Netflix to go after VPN users they're actually pushing people from using a paying service to piracy.

It's even more hilarious when you consider that Netflix has other non_US national offerings and you are stuck to those inferior offerings DESPITE PAYING in those countries. So seems like they give customers the choice of piracy or piracy. What the hell? Did they learn nothing from the music industry?

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
48. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 09:43 eRe4s3r

That coupled with several main quest dead-ends if you follow quests out of order and the absurd (and increasing!) load/save times I stopped playing for now...

All this game did to me so far was making me want to replay BG2 and IWD1/IWD2 with mods.... sigh. The Unity engine really does not look good in this game either.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 28, 2015, 19:40 eRe4s3r

Gaming media corrupt? But the SJW's are telling us we are all imagining it.. ;p  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
112. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 09:06 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 05:40:
Question: There are NPCs with yellow names, and you can reach out to their souls to read their history. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to WALLS OF TEXT and that's all I'm getting from reaching out. What's the point? It is all too much of personal nature to be good to read if you're interested in the lore, and it doesn't have anything to do with the main story. Will this change? :P

Those are Kickstarter backers of a certain tier who got their own character and a short story attached to them. They are 100% optional Something the game should probably indeed mention

91. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 17:21 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 16:52:
You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Yeah, like BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2, Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil...

What are you even trying to say here? IE games are not 2D, they are tile-based 2.5D which is the point when when making an IE style game

Only thing I currently have to complain is the absolutely abysmal loading times on an SSD and no proper pre-caching of areas. This game pushes unity engine clearly into some areas where that engine has major issues.

89. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 17:10 eRe4s3r

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 14:47:
Yeah, my party layout is not ideal at the moment.

I need to get my wizard some root or slow spells. By the time he casts an offensive spell, the enemies are already on me and my party takes all kinds of friendly fire.

I should check and see if my rogue and fighter can use bows or crossbows. I'm not sure how the weapon abilities/penalties work...or if they even exist. I have just been using the default weapons.

Get a cleric Protection from negative status effects is absolutely vital and Wizard gets "removal of positive status effects" and once you have both, combo potential

I really REALLY like that I can drop armor on my mage and make him at least kinda survive a beating. Party of 6 all the way, there are some really really hard fights though in act 2

++ spoiler ++
So yeah, on that undead swarming Hill there is a catacomb with what I call a "confused desire wraith" and oh my god.. I am extremely* well equipped imo for level 6 did the endless path and cleaned down to level 4 but this 1 wraith completely pwned 5 of my party and only my absolutely spell immune tank of doom survived until the end.. lesson here, cast protection from negative status ailments before anything else, or you might find yourself paralized for a good 20 seconds! Don't wante cleric spells

For my next playthrough I am definitely gonna play evil Druid...

Also, easter egg "You have to assemble your party to continue" Just happened once so far.

30. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 16:05 eRe4s3r

Playing at max difficulty + Expert Mode So far hard but not impossible Guess If I am going to do it I am going to do it proper..

--

Got first 2 companions and went back kicking some bears and wolves around Level 3 so far, combat seems quite different from DnD, bigger armor delays your attacks.. so that's a huge trade-off to keep in mind.. 60% vs 30% means a lot less attacks if you go with armor....

Shields reduce accuracy so there is some interesting synergy going on here ;)

-- Gameplay (not story) spoiler

7966 Comments. 399 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo