Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for flechett3

Real Name flechett3   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 27, 2009, 14:48
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 54722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 14, 2014, 04:21 flechett3

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 15:53:
The only time I go to Radio Shack is when I'm in desperate need of some weird connector and I can't wait 2 days for Amazon Prime. That happens maybe once every 3 years.

The last time this happened to me it was when I was in need of a male/male audio cable to hook an ipod nano up to a car aux input. They wanted 13 dollars for the cable. Ordered it instead from Amazon and had it shipped from China for a grand total of 1 dollar.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
23. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 03:52 flechett3

Endo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:50:
It'll go up, but not all that much. WoW is on its long slow way out.

I have a friend who plays wow, and I spent more than a year of real life time in that game. I still think of pre-cataclysm wow whenever I talk about the game, my brain never really adjusted to post-cataclysm quests as well.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
10. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 00:39 flechett3

Not only that, the expansion wasn't 50 unless you got the CE, and there's more than just 'one act.' You get the crusader and rifts, and rifts are (more often than not) very fun. Adventure mode with it's bounties makes the game feel a LOT more like d2 than vanilla d3.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 12:53 flechett3

Which is FFVI in Japan. Probably my favorite of the FF series.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
20. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 11:58 flechett3

All of the old legendary/set items are there, but there considered legacy now. 2.0 adds a ton of entirely new legendaries and sets. IMHO, they've done worse than half-ass the new items. A lot of the new legendaries are basically strong rares, and a lot of the new sets don't seem worth crafting (now that they all take 2 brimstone per item).

I'm actually really stupidly excited for RoS next week. I've avoided gameplay/spoilers since it's announcement, and it was free for me thanks to the now-dead AH. Well, free in the sense that I got lucky on a few set item drops really early on from D3's initial release that paid for the game and then some.

You just can't ignore the fact that they didn't have commas in the auction house until 2.0 came out, and now 2 month later the AH is dead. There's always some stupid design decisions barking at you when you play this game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
63. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 17:24 flechett3

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:48:
Maybe you didn't grow up on the same planet as everyone else, but I remember a ton of issues associated with cartridge games. One of the most famous to date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

From the Zero Wing Wikipedia page we learn that Sony is to blame for the shoddy translation, not the original publishers. The original text was readable and made sense in Japanese. These are two totally separate issues.

No one wants to buy a broken product, and that's exactly what a day 0 patch says about a game. What's really shitty is that it's almost exclusively how games are being released now, and it's across every damn platform.

Can't wait to get my first self-driving smart car that has a day 0 patch, THAT will surely inspire my confidence.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
20. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 08:39 flechett3

The forum goers seem to think that EU will be a day behind on the patch. We probably won't be stable here in the US until tomorrow.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
15. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 01:08 flechett3

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 00:13:
Krovven wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 00:08:
That makes me very happy to hear indeed. ^^ Now if only the patch released already...

Good thing. It's going live today (2/25/14). Should be up around 2PM EST, I think.

Reddit post about the 2.0 patch confirmation

News Comments > Strife Announced
21. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 09:56 flechett3

There was STRIFE and there was another game that was much more of an RPG that was set in a fantasy setting. I don't think the fantasy RPG one used the doom engine (or anything based off of it) but it WAS a 2.5d doom-like engine. Wish I could remember the name of it. Had to be before '98 the last time I saw or played the game.  

News Comments > Strife Announced
12. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 02:43 flechett3

Damn, was hoping this was a remake or re-release of old doom-engine STRIFE game that was so much fun.  

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
16. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 01:50 flechett3

On the flipside, there's the RMAH. We all hate it, but it payed for my copy of the game and then some. I play because there are items that can drop (very... very... rarely) that are worth much much more than the $250 RMAH limit. There was a near-perfect manticore that was posted on the D3 loot subreddit that people were saying was worth over 600 bucks. That's motivation to play. Shitty motivation, but still, it's there. I do maybe 2 or 3 act 2 clears on mp5 solo when I wake up in the morning, and make chump change every now and again. Sales of 90 to 100m gold aren't that uncommon. A good 2b item would make my day.

I really hope they fix itemization. I really really want the expansion, when it comes, to be as amazing as D2's expansion. Sadly, d3 won't ever be as special to me as d1 or d2 were. The game design will always have some major flaws that I can't ignore. Absolutely abysmal plot (especially the last half of the game). Horrible itemization, even now. No real incentive (other than the possible money-making aspect) to ever do loot runs, since you can pretty much steamroll inferno with about 1m gold. The hardest fights in the game all involve either reflective damage or puddles on the floor. No runes, and the current gems are very uninspired.

They could have knocked this game out of the park, but they just didn't do it.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
12. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 10:37 flechett3

Getting good items won't happen until the items (especially rare/unique/set) are balanced to enhance and expand the skills the plays use, instead of ALL being straight stat upgrades. Right now all the end-game item hunt is is looking for items that increase Primary Stat, Vit, Resist All, with certain damage or defense modifiers thrown in depending on item type. You don't go grab a weapon because it has a low-level bleed effect, or because it has a 1.2 chance to freeze a target.
Dammit, remember how awesome it was to find +skill items? Not having damage be skill-based was a terrible design oversight. They could have had set items change the basic function of skills, to provide new and varied game styles. They could have in turn provided a shit more ton of sets, instead of a whole bunch of crappy leveling sets (which... you won't ever find unless you go buy it off the AH), with each set bringing new play options to the table.
Charms, runes, more gems, all could have have enhanced the gameplay. An option to show only certain 'levels' of loot (if angband will let me filter drops, why the hell not d3?). Is anyone really going to argue that grey and white items add some sort of benefit to this game in it's current state? Why must I look at them at all, when all they do is get in the way when I'm trying to loot that yellow item (or tome, or gem, which could be auto-picked up!).
Blah, whatever. This game still bothers me.
Edit: That being said, the change to monster density is definitely a change for the better. Now if they'd only add another 50-75% more monsters again, it'd feel even better.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Return
11. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return May 12, 2013, 06:49 flechett3

You guys just don't understand. The action part isn't the part where you use skills to kill monsters, and are rewarded with better items to improve said skills, it's now the RMAH! That's where all the excitement and adventure is! See if you can be the first of your friends to sell enough items on the RMAH to make the money you spent on the game back!  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR
7. Re: Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR Apr 9, 2013, 12:59 flechett3

Very first fucking item on the agenda:

Players can now identify all items in their inventory by speaking to Deckard Cain or by using the Book of Cain that can be found near the shared stash in all Acts.

Next biggest thing I saw: Tooltips in the Auction House will now show an item comparison for a player's currently selected character.

Things that should have been in the game since day 1!

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
33. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 08:07 flechett3

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 00:00:
I skipped this. I just pretty much skip EA titles automatically now.

I always wanted follow-ups to SimLife. I even emailed Maxis (the real one - before EA bought them) about a sequel but the guy who emailed me back said that it didn't sell enough copies of the original to do a sequel.

I fricking loved SimLife back in the day on my LCii. That game taught me so much, and in such a simple way.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2012, 20:14 flechett3

Steven Brust! To Reign in Hell is an amazing book, and if you love fantasy in general, read the Vlad Taltos novels. Just be warned, Brust does not really follow one style of writing. To Reign in Hell is not written the same way as Jhereg or Issola or Dragon is (nor are those three written the same as each other).  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 21:39 flechett3

This may be my favorite Out of the Blue ever.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 17:37 flechett3

Started reading back when it was Blue's Quake Rag. Been a daily visitor for I guess 16 years now! Thanks so much, Blue!  

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
57. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 24, 2012, 04:31 flechett3

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 01:39:
Seems like there's plenty of ARPGs coming out now though. Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Bordlands 2, Krater, Grim Dawn, and I think I'm leaving a couple out still...

I'm hoping TL2 is a big leap from 1. I got into the PoE closed beta, it gets really blah. Sorry, but infinite dungeon killed it for me. I'll probably play through Borderlands 2 one time, just like I did 1. I liked it, but the linear gameplay, the fact that there were invisible walls everywhere, and places you can see but have to backtrack to after you've opened more of the plot up killed it for me (which seems like it goes against the linear complaint, but really it doesn't). I've only seen a bit about the last 2, I recently got married and moved, and I'm stealing shoddy wifi while waiting on EPB to come hook me up with some Fiber.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
54. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 24, 2012, 01:33 flechett3

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 18:07:
Yeah because Hellgate London worked out so well. Oh wait.

I ordered a copy online to be delivered on release. Somehow, I would up with 2 copies. I still have an unboxed still-in-shrink-wrap copy of Hellgate. I really wanted to like the game, because I loved the concept and I knew Roper had his mitts in it. Still kinda bummed that more people aren't investing in the action-rpg genre. It seems like it's all story driven (Mass Effect series/Dragon Age series) or the combat isn't real-time. So few games now give you the thrill of new amazing loot swarming over you while you cut a swath of death through the overwhelming numbers of bad guys...

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo