Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jon

Real Name Jon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jonny
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2009, 07:50
Total Comments 494 (Amateur)
User ID 54712

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Fable III Windows Demo
19. Re: No Fable III Windows Demo May 11, 2011, 20:36 Jonny

Molyneux's wanky politics coming out when you're king put me off. Not only the evil route being the one where you make tough decisions to save everyone, and the good route being the one where every bastard dies but Bowerstone Lake still looks pretty, no, the asshole decrees like drinking.

A: Restrict booze to the nobility.
B: Ban booze.
C: Lift booze restrictions.

Not being a toff or an idiot who's never heard of how useless Prohibition is I went with C, and had nearly every NPC in the whole game staggering around vomiting. Constantly.

Really, keep your upper middle class politics to yourself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Online 8th Anniversary
7. Re: EVE Online 8th Anniversary May 8, 2011, 05:13 Jonny

MrBone wrote on May 8, 2011, 01:58:
BoB didn't collapse...educate yourself dude. They fell victim to a traitor and lost the name. They are still kicking. Man, you gotta love the ignorance on here.

BoB collapsed. Being suckered and screwed over by a traitor/infiltrator who forcibly disbands you is collapsing, no matter what name the remnants reform under.

News Comments > EVE Online 8th Anniversary
3. Re: EVE Online 8th Anniversary May 7, 2011, 05:05 Jonny

Not like it helped a huge amount in the longterm, BoB collapsed two years ago.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Launching Movie Studio
17. Re: Ubisoft Launching Movie Studio May 3, 2011, 14:53 Jonny

Beamer wrote on May 3, 2011, 09:36:
What baffled me about Prince of Persia was why the Prince, who was presumably also a Persian, had a yorkshire accent?

Why did the Roman gladiators of Gladiator have a Yorkshire accent?

It isn't "white-washing" or racism, it's just that Americans expect to hear a foreign accent from a foreign character but have trouble with accents other than British since none are nearly as similar. Had all the people in Gladiator spoken with German accents we'd have needed subtitles.

I'm not saying the rest wasn't whitewashing, as it fairly clearly was. I'm just saying the accents weren't. Any American movie set in a foreign land will use British accents.

That's quite bizarre. Although it does remind me of a forum argument I had once, in which I was told that I spoke with a British accent, not an English accent, because Americans speak english and therefore the concept of an "english" accent would be difficult to comprehend.

News Comments > Ubisoft Launching Movie Studio
12. Re: Ubisoft Launching Movie Studio May 3, 2011, 04:14 Jonny

What baffled me about Prince of Persia was why the Prince, who was presumably also a Persian, had a yorkshire accent? All the way through the film I kept expecting him to turn to that princess and say "'ey up, chuck, fancy a brew?" or "eeey by gum I'm dyin' for a cuppa tea".

Made the film so much better than it would otherwise have been.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Rise of the Zandalari Trailer
16. Re: World of Warcraft Rise of the Zandalari Trailer Apr 27, 2011, 03:57 Jonny

Pigeon wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 20:36:
I'm sure there are still some successful casual raiding guilds out there, but I think the number as reduced dramatically from Wrath.

I think Cataclysm should serve as a warning to other MMO developers. So called "elitist hardcores" are a very, very vocal minority on forums and tend to attract attention with all their ez-mode whining and compaints about "entitled casuals" getting their gear (check out the TOR forums for some lovely examples) but it's the average player who doesn't want to spend dozens of hours a week raiding which keep the whole thing paid for.

By all means make the top tier of heroic raiding eye bleedingly difficult, but everything up to that should be easy to do. If you want to follow the normals>heroics>raids>heroic raids gearing model then the first 2 should be piss easy and done in 30 minutes a time at the most, raids should be about the same difficulty as heroics are now and then when everyone's geared up the Heroic Raids should be a nightmare from the bowels of hell itself.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Rise of the Zandalari Trailer
11. Re: World of Warcraft Rise of the Zandalari Trailer Apr 26, 2011, 19:06 Jonny

The reworked old world is very nice and well done. The Cata zones just don't flow at all. There's no overarching story beyond "Aaargh! Deathwing! Also Elementals!" They'd have been far better off making Uldum a new southern continent with all new zones contained within it.

Also their heroics seemed to have fallen into the very worst possible place. Either make them hard and optional, or required but easy. Hard and pretty much the only endgame content outside of PvP, designed to be run dozens of times, just isn't fun. Especially with an LFD group. *shudder*

People pissed and moaned about Wrath giving "free epics" but a 20 minute AoE fest per day for tokens is just about perfect for the LFD.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Video Diary
7. Re: The Witcher 2 Video Diary Apr 22, 2011, 18:57 Jonny

It's got an Iron Man mode? I've always been a bit flakey on the why of them, can anyone tell me how losing all your progress and having to restart in a 30+ hour long game adds anything to it?  

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
7. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 18:33 Jonny

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that, much as X3 turned out to be X2 with prettier graphics, so this is going to be. And I'll still buy it anyway, as there's hardly such a thing as choice in the space sim genre.

I still long for either a walking in ships/space travel game or a homeworld/nexus game, all wrapped up in X's trading and building concepts. Make it like Privateer as well while you're at it. And set it in Star Wars while I'm dreaming.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2011, 12:54 Jonny

There are many situations in which the sensible course of action is debatable, this isn't one of them. If you bought the potato sack because you want a good selection of Indy games for a decent price then you got what you wanted and the Portal 2 unlock is just a nice little bonus. If, however, you shelled out nearly 30 just to make a miniscule contribution to a game releasing early, then you are a pillock of monumental proportions and you only getting it a few hours earlier is a satisfying punishment.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2011, 11:55 Jonny

AnointedSword wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 04:37:
How the heck do they know that? People believe this over the thousands of archeological finds that support the bible? Laughable to say the least! One day everyone will believe (facing their creator).

Yeah, I mean, really. The Roman Empire's detailed historical records are absolutely chock full of Jesu... oh wait, nevermind.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: First homosexual caveman found. Apr 11, 2011, 13:10 Jonny

So, he was buried as a woman with pots instead of weapons. Maybe he was useless at hunting or fighting? Maybe he was just an awesome cook? Doesn't immediately suggest his sexual preferences, does it?

Pretty much an article that says, "I've got the chance to use the phrase "Gay Caveman" in a headline, and by God I'm going to take it."

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 2, 2011, 19:31 Jonny

I always hated those "You wouldn't steal a car!" ones. No, I wouldn't. Kindly piss off and stop suggesting I'm a thief.

However the very worst one used to be on DVDs about a decade ago, had a fat sweaty guy in some kind of torture room/forge sticking a brand into the screen with "Piracy Funds Terrorism!"

Classy.

*edit*

Gotta love being able to find anything on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMIz0_Iij8&feature=related

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2011, 19:42.

News Comments > EGOSOFT Announcement Announcement
17. Re: EGOSOFT Announcement Announcement Mar 29, 2011, 16:34 Jonny

I vaguely remember them announcing a Homeworld/Nexus style X game a few years ago, and being massively excited about the greatest thing I'd ever heard of until they revealed it was an April Fool's.

I live in hope that they've come to their senses and realised how much more awesome that would be than the in-cockpit fighter style of the X games to date.

News Comments > More GTA V Indications?
6. Re: More GTA V Indications? Mar 29, 2011, 10:44 Jonny

More Ballad of Gay Tony style please. Nico's story was well put together, but massively over the top exuberance is where GTA shines.  

News Comments > Blizzard: "There Are Lots of Projects That We're Not Talking About"
6. Re: Blizzard: Mar 28, 2011, 19:46 Jonny

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 17:53:
And they may as well just formally reveal Titan, eveyone knows they reveal several years before launch so it doesn't much make a difference.

If it is World of Starcraft, which even though they keep denying it makes more sense than starting an entirely new IP with a huge MMO, then they'll probably want to time the announcement with the Zerg or Protoss expansions to SC2 for maximum hype.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Mar 26, 2011, 08:39 Jonny

Asmo wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 07:32:
And reading the comments on the side just makes me die a little inside.

It's mixing MMOs, a genre known for spawning rabid fanboys, with Star Wars, an IP known for spawning rabid fanboys. Made by Bioware, a company known for... you get it.

I really wouldn't expect anything else from the comments.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Mar 26, 2011, 07:01 Jonny

Acleacius wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 23:36:
Wonder how SWtOR will do now that Rift is out, doesn't seem like it has a chance.

I've not played Rift, but there are a lot of people who prefer sci-fi over fantasy. Apart from Hyboria, WoW is the most tolerable fantasy setting out there for me, possibly because I grew up on Warcraft 1,2 & 3, so I'm not going to swap WoW for a slightly different WoW with different elves and dwarves in it. The only other fantasy MMO I played for a decent amount of time was AoC, and I let my subscription slide after Rise of the Godslayer turned out to be nothing but a collossal grind for tokens.

However I will swap WoW for a decent Sci-fi setting. I'll try TOR out then if it delivers, unlike STO or Fallen Earth, then I'll swap my subscription over. Got to be plenty more like me who aren't great fantasy fans.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Delayed Until June
9. Re: DNF Delayed? Mar 24, 2011, 09:42 Jonny

Gotta love that. In all the years I've been buying games that's by far and away the best delay announcement I've ever seen.

Duke never comes early.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month
3. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 10:57 Jonny

I think it's pretty clear from the state of Origin's DLC and expansion that the Dragon Age franchise has had Bioware's Z team on it. The DLC for ME2 has been far superior, so that makes me more hopeful ME3 won't be such a botch job as DA2 turned out to be.  

494 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo