Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for vrok

Real Name vrok   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vrok
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2009, 05:10
Total Comments 260 (Amateur)
User ID 54711

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
23. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 15:41 vrok

Kajetan wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:55:
JediPunisher wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 21:59:
I don't know why developers/publishers don't offer a public beta test to everyone who preorders a game, whether on Kickstarter or at retail... The final release can only be better for it.
Because a project seldom profits from a public beta. Most, well, nearly ALL gamers dont know shit on how to report bugs or to make proper, valid gameplay & balancing suggestions. Most of them just want to play the game as early as possible and nothing more.
This is an extremely ignorant and flawed opinion and why games are mostly, well, nearly ALWAYS a complete mess upon release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:45 vrok

mag wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:36:
vrok wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:07:
Newsflash: any time someone has their smartphone up, they could be filming. In metropolitan areas where people of the age of 30 or less hang out, that means pretty much all the time.

It's incredibly obvious when someone is filming or taking a picture with a smartphone. No one holds it camera-side pointed straight out in general use.
I hope you realize that there are more ways than one to hold a smartphone while filming, especially if you aim to film with stealth rather than quality.

Edit: See jdreyer's post below.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:36 vrok

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:33:
vrok wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:07:
And who the hell says Glass is recording all the time?

The article notes that they pulled recorded video off of it showing the attacker. So just as the crowd suspected she was recording. Doesn't justify a violent reaction but she isn't blameless in this. Not everyone wants to live on Big Brother.

Yes? According to the article she was demonstrating the device to other interested people. They already live on Big Brother, Glass or no Glass. That is the point and why being hostile against something as specific as Glass users is nothing but ignorance.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:26 vrok

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:19:
vrok wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:16:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:13:
I apologize for interrupting your rant.

Calling you out on your ignorance makes it a rant now does it?

When you call one person stupid and tell someone else "what the fuck does it matter"...yeah.

At least have the decency to quote me correctly if you're going to be dismissive in order to save face.

I suppose calling all users of Glass motherfuckers and saying they deserve to be physically assaulted is more in tune with your beliefs?

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:16 vrok

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:13:
I apologize for interrupting your rant.

Calling you out on your ignorance makes it a rant now does it? I suppose I must have ruined the philosophical debate vibe going on here that started with Cutter's post. Rolleyes

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:07 vrok

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:01:
vrok wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 13:56:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:51:
Tip of the iceberg. Hope all you Google Glass wearing motherfuckers are prepared for the beatings your gonna' get wearing those things. And deservedly so. Just wait till all the upskirt pervs and pedo bears get caught with them.

Can't tell if trolling or just stupid. Smartphones already do everything Glass does and they are EVERYWHERE, not to mention CCTV. If you're in public you're going to be filmed, period. Better start beating everyone using a smartphone or camera in public too I guess, just to be 'safe'.

I've not seen people duct taping a cell phone to the side of their head and leaving it recording all the time?

Why the fuck does it matter if it's attached to their heads or not? Worst argument ever. In fact, not being attached to your head makes it that much BETTER for say, upskirts, that was used as an example.

And who the hell says Glass is recording all the time? Newsflash: any time someone has their smartphone up, they could be filming. In metropolitan areas where people of the age of 30 or less hang out, that means pretty much all the time.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 13:56 vrok

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:51:
Tip of the iceberg. Hope all you Google Glass wearing motherfuckers are prepared for the beatings your gonna' get wearing those things. And deservedly so. Just wait till all the upskirt pervs and pedo bears get caught with them.

Can't tell if trolling or just stupid. Smartphones already do everything Glass does and they are EVERYWHERE, not to mention CCTV. If you're in public you're going to be filmed, period. Better start beating everyone using a smartphone or camera in public too I guess, just to be 'safe'.

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
4. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 13:10 vrok

"How much do you want to pay us for as little work as possible?"

Nice survey.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting
56. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 23, 2013, 04:38 vrok

Krovven wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 04:23:
My guess is the only reason they are even putting this up as an option is because it will be easier and save them a lot of time and effort if they can just use the turn-based combat system they have already programmed for Wasteland 2.
That's one of the reasons. The other reason is that combat in PST and the other IE games were a mess and the rule set simply did not support it.

Combat isn't even a big focus in this game. It makes zero sense to go with RTwP all things considering. Leave that to trash mob grinding games like IWD/BG/DAO.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting
13. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 13:07 vrok

RTwP is and always has been a complete disaster. TB is the only way to go for a proper party-based RPG.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 27, 2013, 09:09 vrok

RaZ0r! wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 08:55:
vrok wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 07:04:
For anyone that wants the best possible deal on BF3.4.

I can personally confirm that it works. Remember to allow third party cookies.

That's not a 'deal', it's fraud.
I edited it to price so that you are free to apply whatever moral values you wish. Cheers.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 27, 2013, 07:04 vrok

For anyone that wants the best possible price on BF3.4. 499 Mexican pesos.

I can personally confirm that it works. Remember to allow third party cookies.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2013, 09:37.

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: DXHR Oct 14, 2013, 13:20 vrok

Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:17:
They're not fixing the boss fights, the boss fights already worked. They are bring additional content in the new boss fights and also in things such as the commentaries. I know you don't care about them but they're there, they're additional content that's part of the Director's Cut package. Maybe it's not game content, but I know arguing semantics is so far beneath you that you won't even consider such matters when there is a clear, very significant difference like there is between "fixing" and "adding".
Let's see you make the same argument about the AI. Adding? Re-writing? Fixing what's already there? And then for fun, compare it to Rome 2 and its patches. The clear difference you're talking about is your opinion, your belief. That you feel compelled to use quotation marks only reinforces this.

In the end it doesn't even matter. You want to support this business practice? You want more badly made features in games so that you can maybe be offered to buy the same game twice if they decide you're worthy of receiving a better version of the same game? You go right ahead. Me, I'm drawing the line here. It might be an unfair straw man but that's how it goes. Expecting the worst rarely fails when it comes to publishers in this industry.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2013, 13:26.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: DXHR Oct 14, 2013, 10:00 vrok

Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 09:07:
We are not entitled to this stuff and the point is that these are not really "patch related". The boss fights were shit? Yep, they were. Square Enix dropped the ball on those. Guess what? We bought them. We bought the shit boss fights and expecting this to be changed for free is what I call a false sense entitlement.

We have a right to expect broken things to be fixed, we do not have a right to expect free additions to a game until it achieves perfection.

Vote with your wallet, sure. Don't buy it if you think it's too expensive. Just don't pretend that this justifies piracy.
I didn't expect them to be fixed at all. What's upsetting is that they are fixing them, but then charging to do so without bringing any additional game content to the table. That's a business practice I will not support. I don't really care about your semantical argument about what you think is patch related or justifiable, because that is merely your opinion and not something we have to agree upon.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: DXHR Oct 14, 2013, 03:21 vrok

mag wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 22:37:
Like every game made this decade, the input lag is fixed by disabling vsync in game and enabling it (and triple buffering) in your video card's drivers.
I have a 120hz monitor and never use vsync. It's part of the reason I'm extremely sensitive to input lag. So no, there was no universal fix that worked for this game in DX11, this was a completely separate issue.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2013, 03:43.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: DXHR Oct 13, 2013, 17:27 vrok

Quboid wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 11:39:
It looks like more than just a patched up version, nothing wrong with charging a bit for it IMHO. Why do you think you're entitled to new boss fights, improved graphics and AI, or developer's commentary for free?
I don't give a crap about developer's commentary, and yes, everything else could just as well have been in patches, or even an expansion that also improved upon the base game if they really wanted to charge for the extra work done that they should've done in the first place.

You can call it entitlement if you want. I don't really care because you could use that argument for anything patch related. It's a completely meaningless argument. I'm simply voting with my wallet.

Boss fights sucked ass and were even outsourced. Giant Square Enix failure. They deserved to be done right.

AI was too stupid to deal with stealth and silencers. Making it a very boring style of play.

DX11 produced input lag for quite a lot of people so they were forced to play in DX9. Wasn't even fixed for Missing Link. DLC was more important than fixing the game.

I can deal with games and especially console game PC ports being unsupported, but charging for fixing this stuff is ridiculous. My reaction would be no less even if it cost less than a dollar.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2013, 17:38.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: DXHR Oct 13, 2013, 09:59 vrok

I'm supposed to pay for patches they were too lazy/cheap to bring out in the first place? Is this a joke? Fuck you Square Enix.

I will be taking the liberty of acquiring this glorified patch for free for my legit copy of DXHR. You screw me, I screw you.

And you know that wannabe Thief game you're working on? You can keep it.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2013, 10:04.

News Comments > The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod
12. Re: The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod Oct 12, 2013, 14:40 vrok

Fantaz wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 13:11:
it's too bad that the System Shock mod for D3 engine died out...
OMFG that would be so amazing! Now I'm sad.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 03:28 vrok

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 00:17:
Does anyone remember the anonymous employee that came out and lambasted this game for too much audio, not enough content.. the game would fail.. etc? Turns out.. he was RIGHT
While I agree that too much money spent on voice acting instead of the game brought the overall quality down, the game had tons of content at release. It was just leveling content and not end-game/PvP content. If you leveled multiple characters, and especially of both factions, you could have fresh content for months. I rather enjoyed the dungeons too.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 4, 2013, 03:31 vrok

I'm not sure what the final BF4 unlock situation will look like, but currently in beta there are only a couple unlocks for your weapons that you can earn normally, and the rest are from battlepacks. Even trying to use iron sights on the first bolt action sniper says it requires a battlepack unlock FFS. Want a special scope? Battlepack. Suppressor for most weapons? Battlepack.

It's going to take a long ass time to unlock all that shit with these non-paid bronze battlepacks that you get every other rank, and it's all random. It's a disaster right now.

Not to mention all the other stuff that needs an emergency rework like tank shells having almost as much drop as hand grenades and RPGs locking on to laser painted targets.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2013, 03:47.

260 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo