Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Scott

Real Name Scott   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talyn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://pumpingirony.net/
Signed On Jan 21, 2009, 21:18
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 54710

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse May 28, 2015, 18:36 Talyn

So San Andreas is bad, but boob-cam streamers are OK? That's a squiggly line in the sand, right there.

But honestly, other than Twitch being so ubiquitous I prefer Hitbox; I just wish some studios more studios would stream there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 6, 2015, 17:55 Talyn

I'm still not sure what I think of ED. There's a lot (for me) to dislike. I'm a pilot by trade so the last thing I want is to come home and go for some week-long journey "exploring" the galaxy. That isn't entertaining for me for real, sure as hell isn't in a game. I get bored when a station is a 10-minute trip in-system. Then there's the lack of ship awareness. By the time it says "Slow Down!" it's too late, I'm gonna slide right on by my destination. Never mind that the planes today with 20+ year-old guidance systems can accurately figure that stuff out, but a thousand years from now the spaceships can't.

I keep wanting to like it, but so far the only entertaining bits is bounty hunting (and then I get frustrated that a thousand years from now we've regressed to WWI/WWII dogfighting) so I haven't actually traveled very far. But that's grinding to me when all I do is go find a RES or combat zone for an hour or so. Rinse, repeat. Haven't managed to have free time at the same time as my couple other Elite friends to try the Wing co-op yet.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2015, 18:36.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 31, 2015, 08:21 Talyn

It's a 51" plasma. Pretty sure I have the PSTV set to 720p which I'm used to anyway since I do all my TV / Movie watching via Chromecast, and that streams at 720p. Sitting a few inches from my computer monitor, sure I can tell, but 8' away on the TV it all looks the same to me.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2015, 09:38.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2015, 14:47 Talyn

I pretty much only bought the PSTV so I could play Vita games on the TV with a real controller when I'm home. I often take the Vita with me when I go to work so if I feel like gaming at the hotel I can do so.

I feel they'd have been better off with a different name omitting the "TV" because now it gets compared to AppleTV, GoogleTV, AndroidTV and WhateverElseTV which are all TV viewing/streaming platforms. That said, Hulu+ recently made their app PSTV-compatible and I did use it at a hotel recently since it has a browser so I can login to the hotel WiFi where I can't with Chromecast.

Resolution? Eh, I can't really tell much of anything on my 1080p plasma. It's either doing 1080i or 720p but I can't really make a difference, it looks fine to me sitting 8' away from the screen.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 2, 2015, 16:35 Talyn

I use G+ every day, so does almost everyone I used to Twitter with. Because we can have actual, full conversations there instead of 140 character thoughtbytes. There are tons of people and tons of communities but it takes a little more effort to find them sometimes.  

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera DLC Released
6. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera DLC Released Feb 19, 2015, 17:24 Talyn

I just got SPG2 a month or so ago and I'm enjoying it. I haven't played a space game since... Elite on my Amiga so this is a good stepping in point for me. Good soundtrack too. It's not a Skyrim-style sandbox, more of a "enter a sector and maybe some missions will be procedurally generated" type. I don't have to dogfight like in Elite Dangerous. It's something I can relax to. I can fly a small ship or a large ship and I have a crew I can tell to handle the combat (Fire at Will) or board the enemy ship to capture it. Elite combat is pure WWII dogfighting in space. Which is fine but doesn't satisfy any "but I want to fly a capital ship" itch.
I never got into the trading aspects on Elite back in the day, and not really feeling it with Elite Dangerous so I'm actually fine that the trading in SPG2 isn't really fleshed out. Diff'rent strokes and all.
It's not a perfect game by any stretch but from a tiny studio who seems to communicate with the players without the arrogance and condescension I've seen from others lately, sure I'll support 'em.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Phantoms Launched
7. Re: Ghost Recon Phantoms Launched Apr 10, 2014, 16:01 Talyn

I like it, and haven't spent a dime on it. I can definitely see where it's "Pay2Win" though due to the way they've restructured the gear ranking, but ya know... I'm still in my default gear (except for a couple Rank 2 or 3 pieces I got from a reward box) and maybe it takes me two shots instead of one to kill someone. Whatever. It's a fun, tactical slower-paced game and while I've heard the "kiddie" horror stories I've never actually encountered any. Most of the players I end up teamed with are adults and pretty mature so I don't mind being on voice chat with strangers in this game. So far.  

News Comments > Steam Gets Twitchy; Twitch Gets Steamy
2. Re: Steam Gets Twitchy; Twitch Gets Steamy Jul 4, 2013, 19:59 Talyn

Agreed, I use OBS almost exclusively, it's very smooth and I can arrange a lot of custom areas on the stream.

For built-in Twitch, so far Company of Heroes 2 has been very nice, and Firefall is ok once I adjusted it to my ISP's upload bandwidth.

I know Origin isn't popular here, but it's built-in Twitch streaming has been flawless too, even when I manually add a non-Origin game.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2012, 12:42 Talyn

I saw this linked at X360A and was happy that practically all the commenters came out in defense of Halo Wars. It was by far my favorite of the entire Halo franchise. Ensemble did a great job with a console RTS, even as streamlined as they made it.  

News Comments > I Am Alive & Endwar PC Plans
17. Re: I Am Alive & Endwar PC Plans Jan 21, 2009, 16:19 Talyn

Personally I'm enjoying the hell out of EndWar but that's because I no longer have the patience or attention for all the micromanaging and base-building stuff of straight-up RTS. I'd rather go for the Action RTS like the Ground Zeros or World in Conflicts. Or for the console, EndWar.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo