Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
28. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Jan 5, 2011, 14:29 Zardoz5

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 13:38:
Imagine the day Battlefield 2 shuts down.

I keep checking for 1942 on these lists as its most likely the one to be shutdown first. I'm glad they haven't shutdown the master servers for 1942 or Vietnam yet as I like to go play a few rounds every now and then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting "Special Effort"
61. Re: DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting Jan 4, 2011, 17:39 Zardoz5

Nighthawk wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 07:38:
I reinstalled BF2 and 2142 in November and still enjoyed them, but what amazed me was the lack of a "special effort" in fixing the bugs that were there in launch.
2142 has this glitch where you can drop a mobile spawn point on the enemy titan and it couldn't be destroyed..so no more battlefield (or DICE) products on my PC anymore.

I find that glitch in 2142 is kind of a pain, but not a game breaker. There is a 1.51, Beta 2 patch out for 2142 right now that includes 4 new maps and Northern Strike. Its annoying difficult to find servers in North America, EA or DICE should host a few.

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
122. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 4, 2011, 17:36 Zardoz5

Dev wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 05:08:
Tried openAL and/or alchemy? Vista/7 did away with the directsound and went an entirely different way. Oddly enough the model MS went to instead is closer to the xbox, thus helping ports of games.

As a result, unless using something like openAL, there's sound problems with many older games, and surround doesn't work, etc. Alchemy is creative's driver to translate those directsound calls into openAL.

No I haven't tried them yet, but I'll look into them. Thanks for the info! It would be nice not having to boot up in XP just to play a few of the classics every now and then. After using Shista and 7 for close to 4 years I find XP hasn't aged that well.

117. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 4, 2011, 02:10 Zardoz5

noman wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 02:53:
Zardoz5 wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 19:38:
No it doesn't. For kicks I installed 1942 in Windows 7's XP VM and the game wouldn't even start.

Yes, but 1942 works fine in Windows7 any way.

For you perhaps, but for me it doesn't.

The audio in BF Vietnam and 1942 is screwed up for me in Win 7 Pro x64. I'm missing the music (noooo) and some sounds in Vietnam and the audio is screwy in 1942. I tried both my onboard sound card and a Creative POS and have had no luck either way. It must be the mix of my hardware and DICE's audio drivers.

News Comments > DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting "Special Effort"
44. Re: DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting Jan 3, 2011, 16:45 Zardoz5

We are putting special effort into the pc version, even for us, it's extraordinary.

I wonder if he means post 2142 extraordinary, like with BF Heroes, Play 4 Free and BC2. The games that were PC exclusives before Heroes were all pretty good in their own right and took full advantage of the PC platform. It would be great if BF3 did this but because of its shared console DNA I'm pretty skeptical this will be the case.

53. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 2, 2011, 19:38 Zardoz5

DangerDog wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 18:55:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 17:59:
Windows 7 does have XP mode.

It doesn't support directx does it?

No it doesn't. For kicks I installed 1942 in Windows 7's XP VM and the game wouldn't even start.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2010, 02:17 Zardoz5

Trashy wrote on Dec 19, 2010, 22:14:

God damn BC2 won't run on my 64 bit version of Windows.

Runs perfectly fine on mine. Running Windows XP-64bit?

Works fine on my Win 7 64-bit and friends who have this setup also.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
7. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Nov 24, 2010, 02:19 Zardoz5

spindoctor wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 23:51:
Does anyone have any idea at all when they might release the new maps for the PC or when the Vietnam map pack is coming out?

They rather annoyingly haven't given any dates whatsoever other than the vague "Winter 2010". I seem to recall someone seeing a date of the 21st of December on some Euro EA site, but that seems a touch late to me.

You can preorder it on their website. No mention of release dates or which version of the game this will work with, etc. Will this work for Steam, D2D, Retail or EADM versions? From the sounds of stuff they've said before I'm guessing it will work for all versions, but they should really take the time to write one line of text to clarify something so basic.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 24, 2010, 02:03 Zardoz5

Beamer wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 22:02:
Yeah, I found it ridiculous.

Indeed.

News Comments > More Mass Effect Clues
5. Re: More Mass Effect Clues Nov 20, 2010, 00:39 Zardoz5

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2010, 00:11:
Now we get tweets about hints about a rumor that an announcement may be coming in which they'll set a date in which they'll give us a hint as to what their next big announcement might be.

Fuck you and your worthless marketing peons, EA.

Creston

Haha, yeah. Battlefield BC2 free maps and Vietnam expansion are the epitome of this nonsense.

"Here are some screenshots, now preorder an expansion we haven't announced a release date for" or "Here are some screenshots of a map pack we could release in a week or a year from now." Yeah, cause preordering worked out so well for the people who preordered 1943 on PC.

I officially lost interest about the time they had a blog post about achievements. "ZOMG, look at those achievements, who do I give my monies too?" Next up, a blog post about how someone fixed a bug and checked it into version control and it broke the build. Wow, I can hardly wait!!!! Drummer Bed

News Comments > More Mass Effect Clues
4. Re: More Mass Effect Clues Nov 20, 2010, 00:28 Zardoz5

I don't think this trailer is for ME3 as ME2 has yet to ship on the PS3. Why hype the game you want to sell before the game prior to it in the series has yet to come out on one platform.

If they are releasing a multiplayer ME game it would make sense to me to release ME2 on PS3, new FPS Halo-equie ME game for all 3 platforms, then ME3 for all 3 platforms late 2011 or early 2012.

Given all the story and detail they've put into the ME universe I would be saddened if they teased ME3 with some generic soldier. Nope, definitely not a ME3 teaser.

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
142. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 13, 2010, 03:28 Zardoz5

Nxs wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 00:05:
In the end, people will eventually wake up and realize that they are being screwed over by steam, battlenet, and alike.

My close to 40 hours of gameplay out of a $2.50 copy of Deus Ex begs to differ with you. Valve, quit screwing me over ffs, making me spend all that time, gaming, for next to nothing.

News Comments > SSX Domains
6. Re: SSX Domains Nov 9, 2010, 21:52 Zardoz5

Blueshrike wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 15:05:
SSX Tricky was fantastic, SSX 3 was amazing, and SSX 4 absolutely blew it. I had no interest in a menu driven game with, for me, my least favorite theme: grunge.

Go back to full mountain exploration and starting levels right from the slopes like in SSX 3 - and bring back the old characters with style.

I loved Tricky and 3 and yeah, SSX On Tour was absolute garbage, such a disappointment. I believe they churned it out in less than a year and it shows. The menus and music are terrible, a huge step backwards for the series.

Give us SSX 4, not SSX Wii, SSX Kinect or SSX Move. Give us a classicly controlled HD, SSX3/Tricky hybrid please! Finally give us music that has traditionally defined the series, not the alt rock, skater stuff that is in On Tour.

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Map Plans
22. Re: New Bad Company 2 Map Plans Nov 8, 2010, 21:54 Zardoz5

Elessar wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 12:22:
Regarding Black Ops, you can predict based on previous iterations all you want, but until you've actually played a title, not sure you can knock it quite yet.

For me the reason why I won't buy CoD/MW games anymore is that the core gameplay hasn't changed in 10 years. All they do with each "new" game is pile on overpowered, game unbalancing "perks" that have destroyed that series to me. Nothing like getting taken out by an overpowered, auto flying helo or better yet getting nuked by the guy who just killed you 5 times in a row with said helo...

The single player "storys" are terrible also, jumping around from predictable action scene to predictable action scene. This was OK for the first few CoD games but its the SAME thing every time, just a different setting. MW had a decent story but MW2's was a joke.

Sorry, but I don't have to play Black Ops to know exactly what it will be, more of the same game Activion keeps reselling every year about this time.

Edit: I can't stand the console-ported menus either, absolutely terrible.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer
18. Re: Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer Nov 7, 2010, 18:31 Zardoz5

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 7, 2010, 17:11:
So i finally picked up BF2142 for 12.00 new from gogamer.

It supports 64 players.

Had a blast last night.

Nice! 2142 is fantastic IMO. Have you tried Titan mode, its great. Conquest for about 1/2 the round, then Conquest/Objective hybrid for the 2nd half of the round. To me this is the deepest BF mode to date and I hope BF3 adds something interesting like it. I've been in so many close games, come back games, etc. Playing BC2 then going back and playing 2142 reminds you of what a "true" BF game should be IMO

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
23. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 3, 2010, 01:24 Zardoz5

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 00:03:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 23:57:
I'm just bitching becuase I want to play BF 1943 and it appears it exists...

I grabbed it on xbox live for like 5.00 one day. It is a blast even though it is on console. The maps really have the 1942 feel to it - but it has the Battlefield Heroes look. It is still fun and I enjoy playing it once in a while when nothing else toots my horn.

The maps in 1943 are pretty good remakes of the originals. They have more than 3 flags per map, amazing eh BC2 designers! It feels more like a traditional BF experience than BC2.

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
16. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 2, 2010, 22:25 Zardoz5

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 20:07:
Probably another expansion to BC2

Ben Cousins is the General Manager of EA Easy (name to laugh at), so its going to be another Free-To-Play Battlefield. Yay. All of my gaming hopes and dreams will come true soon. BF3, shmeeF3. Give me some watered down, micro-transaction based garbage game most people will never play, EA Easy!!!! Its so Easy to be excited for this, I can't wait! GIMME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clap

http://easystudios.se/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2010, 19:21 Zardoz5

I don't really mind the "bye" week as it gives teams a chance to rest and heal up a bit. As a fan I would like a game every week but as someone who has sustained a sports injury or two over the years I can see why they have it. I'm also in favor of two more regular season games, but of course there will be more wear and tear on players. If they swap the 2 preseason games for regular season that makes sense to me.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
11. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 27, 2010, 02:59 Zardoz5

Didn't Treyarch only have 8 months or something to churn out CoD 3? I seem to recall them saying that at one point. No wonder it was a lower quality game.

Hopefully Sledgehammer does something new and interesting with the series as it has been stagnating for a long time. The poorly designed "perks" destroyed the balance in the CoD series. That and actually makes a decent storyline in the single player portion, MW2's "story" was ridiculously terrible.

News Comments > New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation
1. Re: New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation Oct 22, 2010, 22:23 Zardoz5

What a boring mutation... Valve should but more effort into these things.  

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo