Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 2 Demo March 1
30. Re: Crysis 2 Demo March 1 Feb 17, 2011, 23:30 Zardoz5

"Players will compete in six vs. six matches..." Dont you just love consoles being the platform gameplay is designed around. Rage will probably do the same. I can see the "Amazing 4 vs. 4 battles" already.

BF3, save us from this dreck.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Plans
13. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Plans Feb 17, 2011, 09:34 Zardoz5

7.62WorldOrder wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 09:09:
I think Valve is tired of L4D for awhile, I doubt we'll see L4D3 for at least two years.
I hope so! *Thinks about Ep. 2 ending.*

News Comments > On PC Battlefield 3
2. Re: On PC Battlefield 3 Feb 13, 2011, 13:16 Zardoz5

With PC being the lead platform this time around (hooray) perhaps they will have working VOIP in BF3? DICE still hasn't fixed the broken VOIP in Bad Co. 2 and we are coming up on a year after release. Sure you can you Vent, TS, etc, but I found it much more convenient to use built-in VOIP in previous BF games.

They certainly found time to "support" the game with the Vietnam paid DLC though, how nice. I guess perhaps we will have to pony up a couple dollars before they will spend some time on it.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
2. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Feb 12, 2011, 02:45 Zardoz5

Hoop wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 00:03:
Omg
It's like watching Nixon in a 1974 interview complete with five o'clock shadow defending Watergate.

Haha. I didn't watch it only because I'm "Duked Out" but after your comment maybe I will. Now that the novelty factor has ran out that the game is actually coming out and from the previews and vids I've seen it looks pretty "blah". I'm not surprised my comment is the second one about this interview.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers
29. Re: Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers Feb 11, 2011, 20:44 Zardoz5

Crysis 2: We Shrunk This Down To Fit On Consoles Boogaloo

The increased customization of your suit looks interesting, but has anyone see a single playable vehicle in any Crysis 2 video? "Crysis" 2 looks like a cross between Halo and CoD now to me. No thanks, Crytek.

Makes me laugh in all their gameplay videos they show people on the same team running around together like a pack of dogs. Woof woof woof!

News Comments > On PC Crysis 2
29. Re: On PC Crysis 2 Feb 9, 2011, 22:25 Zardoz5

OldScho0l wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 20:20:
I have to disagree. How can you say that Crysis wasn't next gen? There still isn't anything that compares to it. Name one game that matches the tech. Nearly all benchmarking since has been based on Crysis.

I think the main reason that nothing has greatly surpassed it yet is that most games now on PC are console ports, so the game engine's tech just focuses on optimizing it for them, then copy/paste to the PC. Crysis is one of the last games in recent memory to be even try to push the PC platform that hard.

Two new game engines coming out have me more interested that CryEngine 3. id Tech 5 could be good on PC, but with consoles being the lead platform I think it could go either copy/paste port or they put some effort into making a good PC version. Frostbite 2 has me the most interested in all the new tech coming out since PC is the lead platform. Time will tell too how much of the hype is true but from the interviews, tweets, etc with DICE devs it sounds like FB 2 is going to take advantage of and push tech on the PC not seen in recent years.

News Comments > AA in Dead Space 2
13. Re: AA in Dead Space 2 Feb 5, 2011, 13:58 Zardoz5

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 08:23:
And games use DX9 because thats where the x360 stagnates around.
Should be interesting to see what DICE does with BF3 since they are dropping DX9 completely on the PC and they are implementing realtime radiosity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRulx0HIDO0

News Comments > 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall
68. Re: 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall Feb 4, 2011, 22:02 Zardoz5

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 10:54:
Prone? Bleh, I'm one of the few who despised that dolphin diving BS. Oh well.
I take in you haven't played 2142 then as prone was done well in that game. They took out the barrel role animation, the dolphin diving and added a time delay of a second or two when you did go prone before you could shoot again. You learn quickly that the same prone tactics you employed in BF2 will cause you to die frequently in 2142.

I miss prone in BC2 and welcome its return to the series. You can use it for avoiding fire, flanking, hiding from tanks who roll up on you, etc.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Appearance DLC Plans
4. Re: Mass Effect 2 Appearance DLC Plans Feb 3, 2011, 22:00 Zardoz5

"Put the WAR back in wardrobe..." Marketing gurus +1. I will purchase this WARdrobe, i waNt EVERy new armor.  

News Comments > Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward
5. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 29, 2011, 18:51 Zardoz5

Haha, nice one Visceral. I'm really enjoying DS2 so far, on Chapter 7. For me its been everything you want in a sequel to a game I really enjoyed. Tweaking things for the better, more weapons, more level variety, more baddies, improved graphics, etc.

I've never been a big fan of DLC but I am disappointed that the DLC won't be available for the PC version. This is one game where I might have actually bought some.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC
2. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:30 Zardoz5

Well, that decision was easy. Also, that decision makes absolutely no sense, wtf EA? Just hit the "compile for PC" button and make it available online. Do they figure no one would buy it and everyone would pirate it?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar, matey.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 2
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 2 Jan 26, 2011, 00:49 Zardoz5

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 17:13:
My laptop can run Dead Space 1 on high settings pretty well for the most part. Does DS2 have the same performance as the first?

Performance looks as good if not better for me on my old 8800GT/6850 rig after playing for a few hours. I crank the fan up before playing games to prevent overheating and its running a few degrees cooler playing DS2 than DS1 with comparable settings, most effects are on or set to high.

Super annoying thing no. 1. Having a joystick plugged in throws the movable menu so its off screen when loading the game, wtf Visceral, seriously. Unplugging my joystick centered it automatically.

So far I'm having a blast with DS2, its more of DS goodness with cool stuff going on around you, making it more immersive. ie people running away from Necros, stuff blowing up. Things you can't change but add to the atmosphere.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
10. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 24, 2011, 22:39 Zardoz5

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 18:12:
JayDeath wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 17:49:
Overon wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 17:22:
If you guys played this on the pc, how could you stand the controls?

That was my problem. Couldn't deal with the controls.

Other than having to use WASD and needing to use the v-synch fix what was wrong with them? They worked fine for me after those two (admittedly stupid) hurdles were passed.

I have no control problems on the PC either after disabling vsync in game. Well that and it crashing now and again, but its well worth it. I'm picking up DS2 tomorrow as well, whoo!

News Comments > BF2142 Patch Beta Extended
7. Re: BF2142 Patch Beta Extended Jan 18, 2011, 09:24 Zardoz5

Prez wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 04:49:
I tend to do better in BC2 than I ever did in 2142, though I still pretty much suck. Maybe it's the lack of dolphin diving in the former. Who knows? Melee kills tend to feel less cheap in BC2 for some reason.

On a side note, why isn't 2142 on Steam?

I believe someone from DICE mentioned on the forums that once 1.51 gets released its coming to Steam, D2D, etc. Same thing happened with 1.5 and BF2 I believe.

3. Re: BF2142 Patch Beta Extended Jan 18, 2011, 01:41 Zardoz5

DangerDog wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 00:26:
They need to patch their beta patch.

Haha, well technically this is the second Beta for 1.51 so you never know. BF2's 1.50 patch had 3 Betas so it wouldn't surprise me if they had one more.

I may have to flip over to my 1.51 install again and see if anyone is playing. Molokai, one of the new maps, is pretty good. Its too bad you can't do Titan mode on Karkand, would've been fun spamming it with Titan fire all the nade spam that has occurred there.

1. Re: BF2142 Patch Beta Extended Jan 17, 2011, 21:43 Zardoz5

Give us some North American servers EA/DICE. Every time a patch Beta comes out there are hardly any, if any, NA servers to play on. No wonder no one is playing.

Them not mentioning the patch Beta via Twitter, etc when it came out in Dec didn't really help matters much. I guess they wanted all the noise to go to BC2V. Too bad since 2142 is the superior game.

News Comments > New Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server
1. Re: New Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Jan 11, 2011, 01:59 Zardoz5

Hows about fixing the copy-and-pasted-from-the-consoles VOIP that has been broken since day 1? I usually play on 32 player servers but I've heard that VOIP works on servers that are setup for 24 players or less. Hmmm, strange... 24 players max, rings a bell...  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Dev's Shooter Plans
12. Re: Medal of Honor Dev's Shooter Plans Jan 7, 2011, 03:55 Zardoz5

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 12:11:
Tumbler wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 12:09:
Co-Developer? Is Respawn working on this officially now? Or is it still DICE. I assumed Respawn would set in on this series...but are they doing their own IP?

They were a co-developer on Medal of Honor with DICE, who did the multiplayer.

One hopes their next game is not another CoD clone, as it was clearly proven they aren't good enough at it to overtake that series.

It wasn't Respawn actually, it was Danger Close, formerly EA LA who did the single player part of MoH.

I can't see Respawn working on an EA property now that they have their freedom from Kotick. Well, not totally until the lawsuits are over I guess.

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Content Unlikely
7. Re: New Bad Company 2 Content Unlikely Jan 6, 2011, 11:14 Zardoz5

Hey Björn, how about you produce some working VOIP and joysticks into BC2. How is this stuff still broken 10 months after release? Broken VOIP is particularly annoying as it hinders the teamwork that the BF series is know for.  

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
31. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Jan 5, 2011, 16:13 Zardoz5

Verno wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 14:31:
Zardoz5 wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 14:29:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 13:38:
Imagine the day Battlefield 2 shuts down.

I keep checking for 1942 on these lists as its most likely the one to be shutdown first. I'm glad they haven't shutdown the master servers for 1942 or Vietnam yet as I like to go play a few rounds every now and then.

Someone pointed out to me in the past on here that most of those old BF games are on lifetime contracts with Gamespy and I think the contracts were established pre-EA buyout.

That would be great. I can't see how it could cost much to keep these games running since their are no stats to track, unlocks to track, etc.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo