Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Squad Scaled Down
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Squad Scaled Down May 11, 2011, 23:19 Zardoz5

I think he means you'll see them at some point in the game, but they won't be in your squad. Like Liara and Ashley in ME2.

Good to hear they are paring down the no. of potential squad mates. To me it was getting pretty silly by the end of doing person 12's loyalty mission. I wouldn't have been surprised to hear stuff like:

"Shepard, I've locked my keys in my space craft on Omega 5, we must go..." or "Shepard my space cat is lost, can you help me find it..." or "Shepard, can you pick up some groceries on the way back from Eden Prime..."

Snore. ME1's story was so much better and focused than ME2's, nice to hear they are trimming the story fat for ME3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Screenshots
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Screenshots Apr 20, 2011, 23:31 Zardoz5

Pete wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 21:36:
Can't wait for the conclusion of the story!

Recently replayed mass effect 2. But for the life of me I can't seem to play as a renegade.
Hopefully the story is more focused that ME2's was. I thought there were too many buddy sob stories to hear and by the last loyalty missions it was getting same old, same old. To me ME's less party members, more focused story was the better of the two.

Then there is the whole "Lets leave out Liara and the Shadow Broker's story and make it DLC because we know people will buy it" gambit.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 00:40 Zardoz5

Techie714 wrote on Apr 16, 2011, 21:49:
Dude, did you see at the very end when those tanks were getting hit by that crazy bomb exploding in mid air..DAMN that was crazy!

My ONLY complaints:
It looks like you can take WAY to many shots, should be 1-3 shots DEAD, that dude seem to be indestructible.

Lose the gay carebear cross hairs & use iron sights ONLY.

Other than that AWESOME!
Yeah my favorite part was the cluster bombs hitting by those tanks. They look very realistic. I searched after watching the video and found this for comparison. http://www.veoh.com/watch/v354820674bNQj8W Skip ahead to 1:30 to the air bursts.

As for the invincibility, since its a demo vid of course they are going to make you invulnerable or die very slowly. I wouldn't want to watch a video of someone dying over and over.

Oh yeah and for the really pretty, 1.8GB Quicktime version of the trailer clicky here.

http://tinyurl.com/66g5ang

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Mod tools Next Month
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Mod tools Next Month Apr 15, 2011, 01:10 Zardoz5

#codblackops #pc
#nobodycares #toolittletoolate

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
26. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 10, 2011, 13:14 Zardoz5

Pankin wrote on Apr 10, 2011, 11:17:
I was so disappointed in Doom 3 that I vowed to never buy another id game again and after seeing this trailer, that vow remains safe from breakage.
Indeed. The monster closet + forcing you to chose between flashlight or a weapon game design was terrible. I think I saw some carnie closets in the video, uh oh.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Screenshots and Art
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Screenshots and Art Apr 9, 2011, 02:37 Zardoz5

DangerDog wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 21:07:
Oh look, pictures of the editor you'll never be able to use.

Its too complex for us "Average Joes" to figure out. Translation: blah, micro-transaction, blah, blah, excuses, DLC, excuse, DLC, blah, blah, ad infinitum...

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Early Access, Cousins Leaving EA
13. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Early Access, Cousins Leaving EA Apr 2, 2011, 01:27 Zardoz5

LittleMe wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 03:44:
Tom wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 16:18:
Still have no idea why someone would play this instead of BC2...

To name a few reasons... Jets, it's free, much lower system requirements, easier install, new(sort of) game release.

Don't underestimate the number of PC's out in the world with people ready and willing to install a free-to-play game. There are hundreds of millions of machines out there. Yes, BN's isn't the market for BF2-free.

Jets, shmets, the game is a terrible, watered down version of BF2. For the unwashed players new to the BF series they might like it for free, but for most people who've played a real BF game this game is terrible. I tried it twice and couldn't take anymore. I'll take the BF2 Oman or any version of Karkand over this clunky, slow paced game.

Bad Co. 2 has many, many issues yet they are sinking money into crap like this.... How about fixing VOIP, joystick controls, hacking, etc, etc in a game people have actually paid for! Edit: And stuff that has been broken since the game launched over a year ago!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
27. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 30, 2011, 23:27 Zardoz5

Verno wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 13:22:
Engine looks simply incredible, can't wait for this game. I expect them to court the COD crowd with the singleplayer which I could care less about anyway so the lack of MP videos doesn't bother me.
The courting is working. I've been trying to get a few friends who are just getting into FPS games via CoD to take a look at the BF series. They won't even try BC2 but they are hella interested in BF3 from these vids. For me as a long time BF player its very annoying keep getting these single player videos, but they aren't trying to preach to the converted, they are going after CoD $. Would be nice if they would give their long time base some scraps too.

News Comments > Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Trailer
3. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Trailer Mar 30, 2011, 23:20 Zardoz5

Yeah it looks terrible, last gen graphics and no HD quality video = POS, incoming.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Manual Patch
12. Re: Crysis 2 Manual Patch Mar 28, 2011, 21:30 Zardoz5

Sempai wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 13:47:
I'm waiting for the patch that fixes broken MP.
I'm waiting for the patch that patches out the CoD, console-centric game design.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles Mar 24, 2011, 21:50 Zardoz5

Tumbler wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 21:33:
Sure....I think I'll see this for myself before buying this on the PC. I would love to see them create a kick ass pc Battlefield game again, but I don't believe they will.
It sounds like they are scaling the tech well enough for the different platforms (finally!), but will the gameplay be consolized like Bad Co. 2? Oh yeah and will they trickle out different map modes to make themselves look good again at the expense of their customers!

News Comments > Crysis 2 MP Demo Patch
24. Re: Crysis 2 MP Demo Patch Mar 9, 2011, 00:02 Zardoz5

DangerDog wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 16:42:
No vegetation maps, all of the multiplayer maps that come with the game are more or less themed from the singleplayer (New York), some seem to be set pieces directly converted into multiplayer maps.

They're all small to medium sized, none of them have vehicles - the vehicle control section in the demo must be for singleplayer.

Kind of a dumb move on Crytek's part, they could have used the multiplayer more of a CryEngine 3 showcase if they had diversified the locations for the multiplayer maps widely.

Yeah Dog they could have, but that wouldn't run too well on Little Johnny's archaic 360/PS3 most likely.

Most of today's game developers don't care about innovating anymore, they just want to put their spin on CoD since that series sells so much. Consoles are the lead SKU and PC gamers get the funneled, small map, "so it runs on consoles" gameplay. Goody gumdrops. Even if I had a PC that would run it decently I'd be passing on Call of Crysis 2. I'm sick of the cookie cutter gameplay with a few tweaks for whatever publisher puts out the game. "But we have very pretty map for you to run around like rats and shoot each other, purchase please."

No thanks Crytek, you've completely gutted your franchise's signature gameplay for more of the same "maze shooter of the week". Not worth upgrading a PC for a game I'll be bored of in a few weeks. Maximum Game? Maximum Lame is more appropriate methinks. I wonder if Yerli's will be CryingTM about PC piracy ruining them again on PC. Maybe its cause your gameplay is generic boring garbage this time around.

Crysis was one of the last FPS games that I recall that was actually built with the PC as the lead SKU. Sad to see a dev flip-flop so badly in the opposite direction. I hope BF3 lives up to DICE's hype and shows that a game built with the PC as the lead SKU can still well, or at the very least be designed with all platforms in mind and not copy/pasted to the PC as an afterthought.

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 GDC Trailer
1. Re: CryENGINE 3 GDC Trailer Mar 7, 2011, 21:34 Zardoz5

Yay, another tech demo that probably doesn't come close to replicating what you would actually see in a game in real-time.

On a somewhat related note, anyone played the Call of Crysis 2 demo yet? Thoughts? Runs like crap on my archaic PC and I didn't feel like tweaking the settings. In my short playtime did I see some type of Modern Scrubfail 2 airstrike/overpowered helocopter autokill perky thingamajigs?

News Comments > Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support
17. Re: Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support Mar 2, 2011, 00:41 Zardoz5

raVen wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 22:37:
Epic was the reason the 360 has as much memory as it does. They probably have some insight in the next console cycle.

http://n4g.com/news/12934/epic-fought-for-an-xbox-360-with-512mb-memory
Mark Rein actually did something good with his clout for once, amazing.

"Later that day, Microsoft's 'Chief Financial Officer' called Epic and said: "You guys just costed me $1 billion"

Hahaha. How many billions did his hardware engineers cost him for making a console that overheated and had an absurd failure rate? Also since Microsoft did it Sony had to as well, so it hurt Sony just as much if not more since their launch price was so ridiculously high to begin with.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Patch
4. Re: Dead Space 2 Patch Feb 25, 2011, 21:23 Zardoz5

the_culture wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 20:27:
And giving Clarke a face and voice has been a step backwards. But the environments and "set pieces" are on a bigger scale - which I love - and the ability to maneuver around freely in zero-gav is nice too.
I disagree about Issac's face and voice and am glad they gave more depth to Issac this time around. First of all we saw his face, although very briefly, in DS1. Allowing us to see his face at certain points gives him the ability to emote and makes the character more interesting to me. Despair, anger and sadness were all conveyed by Issac's face and to me it only added to the game, not detracted.

As far as the voice goes I think it fits very well with the world and story they have created. I find that though it works in some games not giving the protagonist a voice, making the protagonist have a voice makes the story more interesting to me. Issac is going through all these life and death situations and has things going on in his head, so for him to stand by and say nothing limits what the writers can do. I would rather hear characters interact then have other characters in the game be the only ones with voices.

After playing through DS1 many times and working on my second playthrough of DS2 I am enjoying the new, more interesting (IMO) Issac Clarke.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus
78. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 24, 2011, 00:20 Zardoz5

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 11:29:
I hate the $60 pricetag. But if I was a BF fan I'd suck it up to start playing. For a BF fan this is probably at least 1 hour per dollar. Probably more. That's not too bad.
I still hate BF and will avoid this like a mucky plague, but it isn't the price keeping me away.

I don't mind the $60 price tag, I've gotten literally hundreds of hours out of most BF games on PC. According to bf2s.com I'm at around 9 cents per gameplay hour and am guessing I'm close to that with 1942 and 2142 as well. I can live with that cost per hour.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans
36. Re: Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans Feb 22, 2011, 23:25 Zardoz5

DangerDog wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 17:30:
EA's project $10 has turned into "we want an extra $10 for the complete game - from everyone not just used copies".

Greedy mofos that they are, it sucks that Crysis 2 is being published by EA, and Battlefield 3 they're going to shill DLC for that game like crazy - you just know it.

This is the exact thing I loathe about game devs & pubs today. You have to wait about 8 months after a game comes out to get the complete game for the same price as the incomplete game that comes out on release day. Gotta like how co-op mode was sold separately for Bad Co. 2 on consoles. And different skins too, for only $5.50, great deal! Rolleyes When I see people playing with them online I want to chastise them for encouraging that crap.

I too fear BF3 is gonna be strip mined down to the base game and we are gonna be sold chunks of it, slowly over time, or given "free map packs" again. I'm still waiting for DICE and EA to sell the "Functional VOIP Pack" and the "Joystick Support Pack" for BC2 on PC because my copy doesn't have those features.

As much as people hate on Activision at least they haven't started pulling this "Project Incomplete Game" garbage that EA has. Or trickle release the full game in "Map Packs" in order to use as PR against their competitors. BC2 is an enjoyable game, but EAs letting PR and the bean counters get their hands into dissecting games prelaunch has me seriously considering purchasing their games at launch in the future, if at all.

News Comments > Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op
1. Re: Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op Feb 20, 2011, 14:40 Zardoz5

Token CliffyB, Mark Rein and Epic hate posting.  

News Comments > Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned
1. Re: Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned Feb 19, 2011, 15:54 Zardoz5

Nice. Having experienced the UT3 PC fiasco I may actually buy the game if the demo is any good. Could Epic be learning after all?  

News Comments > Bungie MMO Shooter Rumor
23. Re: Bungie MMO Shooter Rumor Feb 18, 2011, 09:57 Zardoz5

Draugr wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 16:11:
Couldn't agree with you more, after I heard they weren't chained to MS anymore I instantly thought of how awesome all their non halo games were, and I was really looking forward to that. Now it seems like they developed into a studio that wont take a 'chance' on something like that.
While they've had a few other non Halo games, Halo as by far been their biggest seller and most popular IP. If they want to gain immediate marketshare with their new game it would only make sense to go with something similar to what their biggest fanbase knows. Its also a genre in which they have a ton of experience, so why not utilize for your first, independent from Billy game. I'm sure publishers who are going to fork over a ton of money want some sort of certainty of your first independent product in a decade.

Many dev companies stick with what they know, for the first game or two at least. Like when the MoH guys left to form Infinity Ward, you can probably bet that Respawn isn't going to be making a platformer or sports game anytime soon.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo