Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Rush Details
6. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Rush Details Jan 25, 2010, 15:56 Zardoz5

LittleMe wrote on Jan 25, 2010, 15:13:
I would expect that this is what is holding up an announcement for BF3.

Yes I suspect that as well. Once the game is out the door, I think we'll hear something. It's been in development for how long? Four years?

I don't think we hear anything until 1943 for PC is released, DICE says it is still coming. There is also Medal of Honor coming out for PC so I think that may stop them from showing anything BF3 related. I hope my guess is wrong, I wants a designed for PC Battlefield game, DICE!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Rush Details
1. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Rush Details Jan 25, 2010, 12:22 Zardoz5

Locking game modes to a retailer? I guess its probably some "brilliant" marketing "genius" at EA who came up with this idea, kudos for tarnishing your name even more. Didn't they also do something similar with Army of Two:TFD, but they locked down a certain mode if you didn't preorder.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 in NYC
17. Re: Crysis 2 in NYC Jan 21, 2010, 12:25 Zardoz5

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 21, 2010, 00:37:
Crysis while a nice looking game had the same issues as Far Cry. You were limited in how far you could actually go in these massive open environments.

And gameplay wasn't dumbed down once the aliens showed up in Crysis?

*** Spoilers ***

Along with what you mentioned, one of the biggest complaints I have about Crysis was the brutal, brutal ending of the game. To me it appears Crytek just ran out of time and ended the game where they did on the carrier. I thought for sure the next level would be returning to the island after beating that boss on the carrier, then credits roll. You don't actually resolve anything to do with the main story. What happened on the island? Did the aliens, Koreans or Americans win?

Crysis Warhead wasn't much better either. I thought Crytek would've atoned for their Crysis story fail, but they did the same type of thing with Warhead. Also I just remembered Psycho's suddenly breaking down and crying after random soldier X dies, I lol'd. Crytek needs to get some writers and actually finish off their game's stories. Its disappointing to play a game and be left with a cliffhanger ending with no resolution.

News Comments > Crysis 2 in NYC
10. Re: Crysis 2 in NYC Jan 20, 2010, 18:36 Zardoz5

Crysis 2: Electric Boogaloo  

News Comments > PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed?
1. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 12:34 Zardoz5

Nice to see Capcom giving the PC some more love, even though it will probably be just a quick console-to-PC port. I got the first Lost Planet as a pack in with my mobo and found the game played much better with a controller than mouse/kb. Hopefully Capcom spends the time making a better PC version with LP2.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Multiplayer?
1. Re: Dead Space 2 Multiplayer? Dec 7, 2009, 16:08 Zardoz5

Other than for the bullet point on the back of the box, why bother Visceral? Focus on the single player game please, or if anything just have online co-op. Certain games don't need multiplayer, ie Bioshock 2. I wonder if maybe they are thinking of doing a L4D type multiplayer?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details
23. Re: Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details Nov 25, 2009, 15:56 Zardoz5

Thanks Jerykk, Creston and anyone else who gave feedback about the PC version. Hopefully they address the issues you guys mentioned. Barring some major screw up by Bioware I think I will get the PC version now for sure, though with this being the 2nd ME game on the platform I can't see that happening. I wish they would make a tool so I could import my 360 save data into the PC version, though I doubt Microsoft would allow them do to that.

A bit off topic for a second, for anyone who owns both ME and Dragon Age how do they compare? I really enjoyed ME and am thinking about maybe getting Dragon Age and wondering game play wise if they are similar.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details
1. Re: Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details Nov 25, 2009, 12:10 Zardoz5

My PC exceeds the recommended specs, nice! I'm really looking forward to ME2 and plan to get the PC version this time around, I have ME for the 360. Does anyone here have the PC version of ME and if so what did you think of the control setup/hud/console-port level of it? I recall hearing that it was a decent console to PC port.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Sales
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 18, 2009, 12:30 Zardoz5

oh yes and you PC closed minded faggots will miss a ton of fun! Just because you want to stay cool and pc only!

What makes you think people who prefer playing games on a PC don't have consoles? I probably own more consoles than you, around 7 or 8 I believe. Why should anyone have a buy a game they don't want, suddenly that makes them closed minded?

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Sales
8. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Sales Nov 18, 2009, 11:37 Zardoz5

As someone who was going to buy the PC version but didn't, I wonder what the sales percentage per platform works out to. On a Euro website (which I can't find because I followed Twitter links to it yesterday) it stated the PC version made up around 3% of the overall sales totals. Anyone know for certain what MW's percentages were? I seem to recall 10% being a ballpark for the PC version.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer
6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 13:33 Zardoz5

wasn't Bad Company 1 like a single player story driven game, or am I incorrect? This seems more like a Battlefield 3 type of game.

Both Bad Co. and Bad Co. 2 have single player and multiplayer modes, though they haven't mentioned the single player mode at all yet this time. They are saving that info for closer to release I guess. DICE has stated in interviews they are putting more effort into the multi player in BC2 than they did for BC.

From what I've seen/read I wouldn't call this a BF3 game since it is being designed with consoles as the lead SKUs, though it sounds like they are giving the PC the features PC gamers are used to, like server browsers, probably at least 32 players, etc. I play both console and PC games, but I hope BF3 is a designed-for-PC game and if they can port it to consoles thats cool.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Modern Warfare 2 (Except for Steam)
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Modern Warfare 2 (Except for Steam) Nov 10, 2009, 11:27 Zardoz5

Verno is 100% correct & people need to STOP blaming Valve for this. Once again Activision/IW screw the folks that purchased it digital distribution. The PC Gamer that purchased this game deserves everything they get & I have no sympathy for them.

I don't think it so much a matter of Activision trying to screw people over since Steam clearly stated the game was only available a few days after the release date. Its more a matter of Activision still needing the retail guys to be happy enough with them to continue sell their plastic instrument music games, _______ Hero X, etc.

News Comments > EA Cut "Over a Dozen" Games, MoH "Revitalization" Nears
7. Re: MoH Nov 9, 2009, 21:20 Zardoz5

I hope Dead Space 2 isn't getting the axe.

Me too, the first one is great! I'm actually working through it for a third time, this time on "Impossible". I don't think they will axe it since its one of their new IPs that actually did OK sales wise. 1.5 million units sold according to VG Charts, not including the PC version. I'm more fearful of stuff like Mirror's Edge 2 or some new, interesting IP that the "new EA" might have been working on.

Like others have mentioned, I would love MoH to return to its former glory. MoHAA was one of my favorite games back in the day, maybe its time for a reinstall. I wonder if they are going to go modern day this time?

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Delayed Until Next Year
5. Re: StarCraft II Beta Delayed Until Next Year Nov 9, 2009, 11:05 Zardoz5

They realized they needed more time to test their new DRM, errr, the "new" Battle.net. Bobby probably found it wasn't intrusive enough.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Digital Distribution Backlash
13. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Digital Distribution Backlash Nov 6, 2009, 11:21 Zardoz5

In the mean time, they can burn those bridges that got them where they are.

Very well said man!

Indeed. They've burnt their bridge with me, NO SALE IW! Also no sale to every person who I talk to and inform of IWs consolization of this game.

News Comments > MW2 Multiplayer: Listen Servers with 18 Player Limit
38. Re: MW2 MP: 18 Player Limit Nov 4, 2009, 21:51 Zardoz5

Mackey-IW - The game is not balanced for lean.

I love how developers are going to use "balance" as an excuse for any ol' dumb decision they make.

Ha ha ha, give me a break IW. You are bang on Sepharo. "balance" actually means "So we could port the console version to PC with the least amount of work as we possibly could."

IW seems to be suffering from success-itis that we've seen so often in this industry. Just like Nintendo with the N64, Sony with the PS3 and EA years ago, game companies who are previously very successful think they do whatever they want and people will drink their koolaid. The N64 used cartridges, the PS3 was priced at $600 at launch and EA was making garbage games and they all got their asses handed to them. Though pissing off PC users won't have as big as impact as the other examples, IW looks like they might be on the way to repeating history over again.

News Comments > MW2 Multiplayer: Listen Servers with 18 Player Limit
2. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer: Listen Servers with 18 Player Limit Nov 4, 2009, 16:01 Zardoz5

9 vs. 9 and player hosted games = confirmed me not buying MW2. I hope its worth it IW. I've played your games since the 2015 days but now you've lost me as a customer.  

News Comments > No MW2 Dedicated Server
11. Re: No MW2 Dedicated Server Oct 18, 2009, 13:01 Zardoz5

IW will lose sales because of this, they have lost mine.

Removing one of the standout features for the PC version will alienate many people. What's next, you have to use a 360 controller too? This just goes to show how much IW has lost touch with PC gamers. Why even bother with a PC version if you are going to consolize it.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Movie
25. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 16:33 Zardoz5

ahhh more overpowered perks that ruin the game

Indeed. I found that the helo and air strike can ruin the balance of CoD 4. While its nice to get rewarded for doing well, it gives the team that is winning even more of an advantage in many cases. The helo is especially annoying, its overly accurate, cheap AI. If they made it player controller it would be better.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament's Retail Break
22. Re: Unreal Tournament's Retail Break Jul 25, 2009, 14:19 Zardoz5

UT3 is a cool game but its rocky launch did NOT help.

I was really looking forward to the launch of UT3 and then I played the "Beta Demo", what a broken POS. It wouldn't even launch on my PC which was 1 month old at the time. This totally killed my enthusiasm for the game and I'm sure it did for many others. I can see why Epic isn't releasing another UT for several years, they have severely damaged the UT brand. Looking at Gamespy's stats ( http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/ ) UT3 only has 455 people playing, vs. 2004 which has 3333, ouch. The Battlefield 2 Demo has almost as many people playing as UT3, lol.

I picked up the Black Edition for $12 on Steam and it is pretty decent, this is what the launch game should've been. Epic probably threw in the "story mode" for the console crowd, but if you are going to do that maybe come up with a good one next time please, k thx. If there is another UT for PC, please don't copy/paste the console menu system into the PC version, its terrible!

I think Epic should give the chaps at Digital Extremes another go at a UT game since Epic themselves appears to have little interest in making one.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo