Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Notes
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Notes Sep 19, 2011, 22:31 Zardoz5

Its nice that they are getting rid of SecuROM for us non-Steam folks. The ability to take screenshots is cool but its hilarious how long it took them to put it in the game. Now if only they would fix joysticks and VOIP.... They won't even acknowledge the issues so there is about a 0.00000000004% chance they will ever be fixed.

Thats what I get for buying a designed-for-console PC port I guess...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
18. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 05:07 Zardoz5

Prez wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 23:20:
So how's that BF2142 patch coming?
Its be done for a while now and passed Valve's QA, but the EA/Valve tiff has delayed 2142's release on Steam and sadly the game is near death. Too bad, so much fun to be had in Titan mode.

News Comments > DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 "Lead Platform"
30. Re: DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 Sep 14, 2011, 02:39 Zardoz5

After hearing DICE's BC2 marketing garbage about locked maps on your hard drive being "free maps" they gave you, having broken joystick controls and a locked FOV in single player that made me not want to play the it, I'll only believe what they say after playing the game for myself. Marketing speak and videos are nice and all, but I'll only believe all of their promises when I see them in game before my eyes.

Caladell wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 22:43:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 22:33:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 22:21:
I hope they do patch one in, as I generally like to join servers with around 16-18 people.

Huh?

I was under the impression that although the server browser isn't ingame that there still is a server browser.

Yep, there is. Just accessed through the Battlelog site. Once you choose a server, the game loads in the background, and a little notification will tell you that it's ready. Optionally, you can have it just switch to the game once it's done loading. Also, as has been said already, loading is a lot faster than the older games. Just yesterday I played a match of BF2, and was seriously annoyed at how long it took to load the map.

Being able to see some game stuff from a browser may be cool, but I'm against the idea of them moving core functionality from the game to a browser. Guess what happens when Bad Company 6 or Medal of Honor 3 come out and tons of ppl are still playing BF3, they can just shutdown the Battlelog page for BF3, oops, your game is now gutted and useless. How long will it be until ads start cropping up in Battlelog, a few months after release? What happens when the Battlelog web page goes down, gets hit by a DDoS, etc, oops, game is down.

I also don't want to have extra crap like a browser running in the background if I don't have too either. Just upgraded my PC so I have tons of resources, but I shouldn't have to have shitty Firefox or IE open to play a game. Also how frequently are DICE going to keep up with Firefox, etc updates? What about surprise Microsoft updates that break its compatibility?

To me DICE yanking out the server browser benefits them a hell of alot more than it benefits us, the user/paying customer. I'm surprised that so many people are just drinking the cool-aid and not thinking about the long term ramifications of this.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 7, 2011, 21:36 Zardoz5

Now if only they would try to advance gameplay and reduce the automated spam-killing crapfest the series has turned into. MW1 was pretty good but the series has gone in the crapper since then.

I hope the PC version of BF3 sells like gangbusters to show companies that PC gamers will still buy lots of copies, if the game isn't a console-based copy/pasted POS port. *cough* MW2 *cough*

News Comments > DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak
7. Re: DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak Sep 6, 2011, 23:18 Zardoz5

I just picked up a 6950 card with a Dirt 3 code inside and now the site is down, thanks d-bags who stole the codes!!!!  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 23, 2011, 22:50 Zardoz5

Installing.... Hope my old rig can run it in some form until the new i7/570 is assembled. Fingerscrossed Fingerscrossed Fingerscrossed  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 29, 2011, 01:37 Zardoz5

nin wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 22:47:

I thought the controller looked interesting.

I like it, but I do wonder how comfortable it is for extended periods.

Yeah, looks bulky and perhaps heavy? The controller nubs look terrible though. Why the hell are they using 3DS sticks on a console? Cost most likely, though they are easier to fit into the Wii U's controller too.

I hope the their stock crash is a wake up call and they finally, finally realize that people are tired of their gimmicks. I was a huge Nintendo fan but they've seriously harmed their brand with core fans and the 3DS and Wii U show they are still in lala land. They got lucky with the Wii and its gone to their heads. In this day and age a new console needs a harddrive or bay for one, a good online service and horsepower!!! I'm not shelling out and $ for an underpowered console with terrible online support.

They are still living in 2008 and need to get their heads out of their asses. I hope the 3DS debacle and stock drop will get them make the Wii U a true next gen console, not PS3/360 1.5 with a gimmicky screen on the controller. I always buy their home consoles at launch but no more. Looks like not too many soccer moms are buying the 3DS either and it appears like the Wii U is heading down the same gimmick-laden path. Your core fans keep you alive, meanwhile Nintendo is catering to soccer moms who won't buy a Wii U because their Wii has been collecting dust for 3 years. Uh-oh....

I guess they are still blinded by their Wii Fit money, its too bad they can't see they are pulling a Sega with all their hardware lunacy.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Paris Multiplayer Trailer
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Paris Multiplayer Trailer Jul 21, 2011, 22:05 Zardoz5

I can't wait to see the 12 more trailers they make out of the same map/footage. Rolleyes Show us some 64-player huge open maps, jets, tanks, AKA real BF footage. This drip feed of CoD style maps is killing my interest. The fact they released more footage of a map we saw almost two months ago is rather lame. Great, you won X number of awards, just show us the fooking game already.  

News Comments > Free Mass Effect Digital Comics
1. Re: Free Mass Effect Digital Comics Jul 14, 2011, 01:31 Zardoz5

Something free related to Mass Effect? Or a EA game for that matter? Whaaa? Must be mistake.  

News Comments > Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition
38. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 03:39 Zardoz5

spindoctor wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 02:32:
This Mass Effect digital deluxe thing doesn't bother me because the extras are never worth it, so I'll just get the regular edition on Steam.

This, on the other hand, does in fact piss me off...

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/bf3-digital-retailers

Can anyone spot what's missing?

EA and Valve are currently having a bit of tiff. 2142 was supposed to be on Steam by now but isn't because of their inablility to get along. One of the guys from DICE posted this info on his personal page/blog but it was yanked soon after.

I'm sure they'll resolve it by release because the Steam market is just to huge to ignore. Screw 'em all, if I get BF3 it will be from retail. I'm still bitter about EA Link breaking my 2412 with every update, so Origin can get bent.

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned
11. Re: No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned Jul 5, 2011, 23:40 Zardoz5

At least they aren't BSing like they did with Bad Co. 2, "Oh tools might come out, we aren't saying no, but can't promise anything..."
That was never going to happen and never will again with EA.

Pay DLC is where they are spending their effort these days sadly, too lazy too look up the link but in a post E3 conference call the EA Prez said 3x more DLC coming to BF3 than there was for BC2. I doubt thats free stuff, though the only actual "Map Pack" with any new content, no 7, was good.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Learning From ME2 and DA2 Mistakes
4. Re: yeh, you can totally talk your way out of death Jun 30, 2011, 22:02 Zardoz5

space captain wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 21:58:
"I don’t want to go into too many details, but ultimately, we’ve listened to the fans in a big way: We’re taking it very, very seriously and we’re committed to making sure we don’t repeat mistakes."

translation:

"you will give us your money no matter what, so here's some bullshit lip service to assuage your deepest inner fears... even though we both know they will come to pass anyways."
Ha ha yeah. I'll believe what they say when I see it. And please god make them get rid of planet scanning, one of the most tedious and time filler things I've ever done in a game. Driving the Mako around was 10X better than that garbage.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack to Eventually be Free for All
29. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Will Eventually be Free for All Jun 16, 2011, 21:54 Zardoz5

Hump wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 19:08:
it was embarrassing to watch this thing play out.
I think you are missing the fact that many people could care less what the weapons are, its the fact the they are removing content from the game in order to get you to preorder. If people just sit back and say nothing, what would stop them from removing more content next time? "Wow, we got 10 free guns this time, I love you EA!"

What about the Bad Company 2 "Map Packs" marketing BS. Not sure if you played it, but if so did you actually believe you were getting "free" maps? Packs 1 - 6 were variants of maps you already paid for and for most of the "map" packs you didn't have to download anything. EA just put the new "maps" into rotation on the server side. These "maps" were sitting on your HD, locked away until DICE and EA thought it would be a good time for some free marketing to use against MW2's paid maps. Map Pack 7 was the only one that actually contained any new content.

Game companies keep trying to give us less and less for our $, so by sitting back and saying its OK for them to strip or lock content in games and give it to us when its good for THEM will only encourage them to do it even more. I don't enjoy get all the game content I paid for at launch 6 months down the road, so I'm waiting to see if they intend on pulling the "Map Pack" trash again with BF3.

News Comments > DICE Addresses Battlefield 3 Preorder Questions
4. Re: DICE Addresses Battlefield 3 Preorder Questions Jun 13, 2011, 22:48 Zardoz5

Hump wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 21:33:
DICE/EA did the same thing with Bad Company. in no way did it effect the game in the least.

People really need to get ahold of themselves.
Actually they did something a bit different. The Gold, collectors version of the game (that cost $10 more) was originally supposed to get 5 exclusive weapons that the regular edition would never get, but due to fan/media pressure they relented and made the weapons unlockable for regular edition purchasers with a series of codes.

http://badcompany.ea.com/page/dynpid/8616/

They ended up making 4 of the codes so than anyone could use them, hence you didn't have to jump through all the hoops listed on the link once the codes became known, oops.

I think people should complain if they don't like crap like this and I agree with them. Why should someone who preorders get extra stuff? People who buy it after it comes out pay the same price. People taking the bait and preordering are only encouraging game companies to withhold full games and give them to us piecemeal while they use these parts as marketing gimmicks.

The Bad Co. 2 "Free Map Packs" marketing gimmick is a far worse example of EA holding back game content to make themselves look good. Only the last "map pack" was new maps, the others were sitting on my hard drive unplayable until some marketing droid at EA gave the OK for me to play them. They released a few as marketing ploys against MW2's map packs that cost $15.

The upcoming SSX game gets an exclusive map on PS3, BF3 gets 1943 for free, etc, etc. EA has been making some decent games the past few years but their new found love of not giving me the full game/content when I plunk down my $50 or $60 at launch is getting tiresome. They lost a day one SSX purchase, maybe I'll pick it up for $20 or $30 instead. As for BF3 I'm on the fence, I'm a huge BF fan but I don't want to support this kind of thing anymore.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October
25. Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October Jun 6, 2011, 22:16 Zardoz5

born2expire wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 21:41:
elefunk wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 19:34:
The Bad Company 2 beta was released a month and a half before the game shipped. The beta was in terrible shape while the final game was fucking awesome.

Your kidding right? that game had so many issues at launch.
I agree, they fixed jack squat that was broken in the Beta in the release. Some stuff is STILL broken, *cough* joysticks and VOIP *cough*. Given the similar timeframe for BF3's "Beta" and release I doubt any "Beta" feedback will make it into the game.

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
11. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 19, 2011, 02:13 Zardoz5

Creston wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:30:
It's basically Just Cause 2 with zombies?

Not sure why all the hate for the trailer, it's got cute chicks in bikinis! That automatically makes it better than 95% of all other game trailers.

Creston
Cute broads aside, I hate when games use real people in their trailers. To me its usually an indicator that their game is lacking substance, quality, etc.

News Comments > No Valve E3 Announcements
5. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 00:12 Zardoz5

I can see it already, a L4D 3 teaser or trailer at Sony's E3 show since they are so buddy-buddy with Sony now. "Coming Fall 2011..." They should make a Gabe-based special.  

News Comments > About 40 Hours of Arkham City
2. Re: About 40 Hours of Arkham City May 19, 2011, 00:09 Zardoz5

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on May 18, 2011, 22:46:
Awesome. Arkham Asylum was such a great game and I don't even really consider myself a diehard Batman fan. Really looking forward to this one.
Ditto. I'm just finishing Arkham Asylum for the first time and its been great. I now see what all the talk was about back when it came out.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated]
23. Re: Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated] May 17, 2011, 22:02 Zardoz5

Hey Pitchford, why do just GOTY/Steam copies get access? I picked up the retail version of your so-so game before the GOTY came out and I get treated like a second class customer? Thanks! Remind me to never purchase any of your boring-ass products again.

Typical game industry of the past few years, treat your early adopter customers like garbage and give the latecomers more for their money. Latecomers usually get more content and a more stable game for less $. Hey game companies, the last few games I bought for $20 instead of $60 like I originally planned. I hope your new game plan works out for the best.

/rant P.S. I'm not going to by this game anyway for full price, not looking worth it to me, its more a rant about the path the game industry is on.

News Comments > Capcom on PC Gaming
2. Re: Capcom on PC Gaming May 11, 2011, 23:23 Zardoz5

Prez wrote on May 11, 2011, 22:54:
Dead Rising 2 was and still is a blast. Res Evil 5 was good coop fun and a vastly better port job than 4 was. I'm glad Capcom is sticking with PC.
I hope they show Resi 6 soon, 5 was good. Hopefully the get rid of the not being able to walk and shoot mechanic though.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo