Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Patched, Mac Editions Released
3. Re: Half-Life 2 Patched, Mac Editions Released May 26, 2010, 16:55 Zardoz5

I'm hoping this is leading up to an E3 announcement for a Portal 2/Episode 3 bundle. Come on Valve, give us Ep. 3 already!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Follow-ups
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Follow-ups May 25, 2010, 21:05 Zardoz5

Does anyone actually use PLAY NOW and trust that they will get a server on their continent, let alone one with a good ping. I tried it for kicks in either the Beta or just after release and not surprisingly ended up on a Euro server.

Good to see DICE has kept up their consistency track record on the PC and released a broken global stats system for the PC version. I just checked and it appears they removed the link altogether, lol. Way to keep up the bad work!

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
108. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 22:59 Zardoz5

mobo13 wrote on May 17, 2010, 17:10:
Nothing hurts gaming more than bad games. Piracy has little impact here...many pirates see their activities as...hmmmm.....a "preview" of the game. They want to make sure it's worth spending money on. I don't mind supporting game companies and I do, but only if I like the game...and lately there are not many of those. Bunch of clones, sequels, after-movies and other cr**p. I still love the original UT by Epic, but every sequel after that was piece of cr**p. I only bought one of them (UT 2004) and still regret about waisting my money. Never bought anything else in UT series. And then again, look at the prices for new titles...$50-60 ???. Not an easy amount to part with. Here is the formula to get rid of piracy and increase sales: AWESOME GAMES FOR $29.99!!! For some reason I have a feeling that might not fly well with those who complaints about piracy.

I think some companies have started to realize that garbage PC ports have bad sales but its way to late and they've moved on to consoles as the lead SKUs. Epic is a great example of this regarding UT3 on PC. It was an absolute bug ridden POS at launch and like you mentioned didn't add much to the series other than a new graphics engine. The menu system is a terrible copy/paste from consoles too. How could have been surprised it tanked? It was obviously going to happen.

id is another prime example of the shit game mentality on PC. Doom 3, Quake Wars and Quake 4 were all terrible in my opinion. I haven't played a good id game since Wolfenstein, yet they blame their poor sales paritally on piracy. Make a good game already and I just might buy it ffs! To me Rage on PC is doomed before its even released. To me it looks like Quake with cars and has a console-based design as it game play base. Gonna sell like gang busters on PC, not.

One of the few standout game companies making decent games lately for the PC as of late has been EA surprisingly enough. Mass Effect 1 & 2 are great on the PC (though some menus show their console heritage) and though its not my favorite Battlefield games in terms of gameplay, Bad Company 2 has seen a wealth of updates fixing alot of issues since it has been released. I wish we could see the complete sales numbers for these games to see how well they are selling on PC. Though the sales are probably less than the console versions, I bet they are selling pretty well. I recall hearing that Dragon Age did pretty well on the PC also as well as Sims 3.

News Comments > PC Gamer Top 100
15. Re: PC Gamer Top 100 May 14, 2010, 14:33 Zardoz5

Battlefield 1942 is 70th, ouch. For me this game changed how I look at FPS games forever and no other game company has been able to capture the vehicle/infantry based sandbox game play as well as DICE has.

After watching The Pacific recently its got me thinking about how glorious 1942 remake could be. If EA/DICE want to make a zillion dollars do a full remake of 1942 with Frostbite 2.0 + 2142's squad + order system. Sadly its probably not going to happen methinks.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt
29. Re: Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt May 12, 2010, 17:05 Zardoz5

zirik wrote on May 12, 2010, 16:39:
Zardoz5 wrote on May 12, 2010, 11:40:
Yeah, I also doubt that performance wise 7 instances of Onslaught = 1, 28 person server instance. Running the full engine x 7 would be a resource hog vs 1 regular server, IMO.

you dont run full engine on a dedicated server. heck i doubt if it even displays any graphics at all.

Yes that is true that you don't run any graphics with dedicated servers, but 7 instances of onslaught will certainly require a lot more resources than 1 instance of a 28 player game.

25. Re: Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt May 12, 2010, 15:48 Zardoz5

ASeven wrote on May 12, 2010, 13:09:
So anyone still believes DICE has our backs?

Ever since they didn't release Bad Co. on PC they haven't had our backs sadly. Obviously its gotten a bit better as they have released BC2 on PC, but it makes me sad to see BC2 have less features than BF games that were released 4 years ago.

I'm hoping BF3 is actually designed with PCs in mind, but given DICE's recent track record I'm not getting my hopes up very high. Give us a game with more complexity and some good old fashioned big-assed battles FFS!!!!!!!!!

12. Re: Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt May 12, 2010, 11:40 Zardoz5

Verno wrote on May 12, 2010, 11:05:
zirik wrote on May 12, 2010, 10:33:
JaguarUSF wrote on May 12, 2010, 09:58:
Couldn't you just have eight servers all on the same computer?

thats what i was wondering. many of these "for rent" dedicated servers run multiple matches at once. if the map rotation goes into onslaught mode why not split the 28 players into 7 separate match then reintegrate them again once the game mode changes.

That's something that sounds easy in your head but is ridiculously complex to design.

Yeah, I also doubt that performance wise 7 instances of Onslaught = 1, 28 person server instance. Running the full engine x 7 would be a resource hog vs 1 regular server, IMO.

News Comments > PC Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Released
25. Re: PC Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Released Apr 23, 2010, 03:01 Zardoz5

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 01:03:
So Bill is dead, but they explain nothing.....

Great job guys. WTF!?!?!?!?!?

I believe you find out what happens to him in the new mission that is supposed to come out for L4D. Not sure when it drops, a few months from now maybe? I wish their would've been a bit more story to it though instead of turn on generator, k thx bye.

Valve has created an interesting enough world and characters, I wish they would dig a bit deeper narrative wise with the L4D games.

News Comments > PC Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Released
7. Re: PC Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Released Apr 22, 2010, 19:00 Zardoz5

Just finished a play through, was pretty fun, though we were through it in 45 minutes.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer
9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer Apr 22, 2010, 11:35 Zardoz5

loomy wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 09:13:
In the old days people were allowed to modify and host their own games so you could play anyone's mutation. There were even mutations so popular they replaced the original game.

Desert Combat was fantastic and probably sold a ton copies of 1942. I recall eagerly awaiting each new release to see what new goodies they added. Too bad the deal with DICE fell through.

News Comments > Call of Duty Countersuit
3. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 9, 2010, 22:57 Zardoz5

I hope they don't end up settling, I want this sucker to go to court and get all the juicy details out in the open, 3 years later probably though...

Speaking of game industry lawsuits, has anyone heard what became of the Silicon Knights v. Epic lawsuit? I haven't heard anything about it for quite a while now.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Tease Tonight
6. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 02:49 Zardoz5

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 00:57:
Hopefully they'll make it nothing at all like the second half of Crysis.

I didn't mind the second half so much as the lack of a proper conclusion to the story. I stupidly though Warhead might actually finish the story off from the first one, but nope, same dealio. WTF Crytek, how hard is is to make a complete story arc.

And then there was Psycho's crybaby breakdown in Warhead cause random soldier X dies, lol. Totally out of character for him, I guess they thought they could add some depth to his character that way? I hope they hired some producers/story writers who actually make a coherent and complete story arc for Crysis 2.

News Comments > Infinity Ward Departures
5. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 11:36 Zardoz5

Activision finally paid out their MW2 bonuses? I hope these guys start up a new studio and create some new, interesting IPs, pretty please!  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Q&A
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Q&A Apr 2, 2010, 11:54 Zardoz5

I've only played a few hours of the single player mode of BC2 but to me it feels like they tried to hard to make an "epic" story and so far haven't succeeded. Shooting down a helo with a nade launcher? Please. I prefer BC1's light-hearted tone and the characters in BC2 are too different compared to BC1. The humor and banter between your squad was one of the best parts of BC1's single player, too bad DICE appears to be trying to hard to be MW. So far in BC2 Haggard is just whiny and unfunny, wtf DICE?

The prod values of BC2's single player seem lower than that of BC1 to me also, though I guess making a game for consoles is easier than for PC (which I have BC2 for).

For BF3 they better not try and shoehorn a single player story into it, focus all your resources into the multiplayer aspects of the game please DICE! A tutorial like 1943 had would be good though for noobs.

The most interesting part of the interview for me was the last question and answer:

GVD: No. Absolutely not. I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, [but] people shouldn't expect a clone of Bad Company 2 for Medal of Honor's multiplayer.

Though it was a no brainer that they were probably going to make a more CoD-like multiplayer, its good to hear something officially from DICE.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released
28. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 14:22 Zardoz5

Wag wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 13:22:
I also have lots of issues with this game. It's the most unstable one there is on my PC by far. When I play it's usually something like this:

Lock, lock, lock, BSOD, crash to desktop, lock. ARGH!!!!

I find that newer games like ME2 and BC2 really tax my 8800GT and cause it to overheat and BSOD Win 7, so now I crank up the GPU fan before playing those games. What O/S are you running? I hear XP 64-bit has lots of issues with BC2. Check out the BF UK forums, perhaps you might find something useful there.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released
10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 11:36 Zardoz5

Nice of EA/DICE to let us play maps that were already installed, just so they would appear to be giving us something for free compared to IW! Rolleyes They aren't even new maps, just reconfigured existing maps. They probably spent more time on the above trailer than making them...

I hope they aren't letting marketing control stuff like this in the future, its slippery slope they are heading down and for informed people makes them look pretty silly. So we get these "new" maps for "free" with BC2, who is to say EA won't charge us for them in BF3 or BC3?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed
21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed Mar 12, 2010, 12:57 Zardoz5

Overon wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 11:34:
PC only?

At the end of the trailer it shows PC, 360 and PS3 logos.

News Comments > More BC2 VIP DLC This Month
23. Re: More BC2 VIP DLC This Month Mar 11, 2010, 14:52 Zardoz5

Ah, I see. With Wake coming in 1943 I would think they wouldn't release it for BC2, at least until after 1943 comes out. Even though I would prefer other maps over Karkand, getting most any BF2 map in Frostbite would be great, as long as its not Operation Clean Sweep.

Speaking of 1943, I wonder if they are going to release it stand alone still, or just make it DLC for BC2? I would prefer it being DLC and from a business perspective you have a huge built-in audience with BC2 already if you do make DLC.

News Comments > More BC2 VIP DLC This Month
21. Re: More BC2 VIP DLC This Month Mar 11, 2010, 14:18 Zardoz5

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 13:22:
The Karkand remake will be coming in April.

Curious, what is the source saying a Karkand remake is in the works? I would prefer Warlord or Ghost Town instead if they are remaking BF2 maps.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 3 Adds Steamworks & NVIDIA Support
2. Re: Unreal Engine 3 Adds Steamworks & NVIDIA Support Mar 11, 2010, 12:14 Zardoz5

Dev wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 12:06:
I wonder if epic helped push valve for the Mac gaming thing.

If they didn't push it they at least supported it, didn't they release UT and UT2004 on Macs? Since they want to get UE3 running on every platform under the sun (except the Wii) supporting Macs just make sense, especially if Valve is making the move. Once they do the hard work once its just another executable that comes out after the build is complete.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo