Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > New Battlefield 2142 Map Coming
4. Re: New Battlefield 2142 Map Coming Jun 19, 2010, 20:08 Zardoz5

Drezden wrote on Jun 19, 2010, 19:08:
How about Strike at Karkand for BC2 instead of an older Battlefield that isn't as fun.

Because you can actually mod 2142, that is where this map has its origins I believe, as well as the guy who is porting it to 2142. I find 2142 more fun/deep than BC2. BC2 is a watered down BF game with a shiny veneer, which to me makes it less fun than other BF games in the series. Also I find Rush games can be very lopsided quite frequently.

Note: I have BC2 and its a well done, fun game, but I'm losing interest in it already.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medal of Honor Beta Client
11. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Client Jun 18, 2010, 03:27 Zardoz5

DangerDog wrote on Jun 18, 2010, 02:38:
... there's no squad system...

Its the lack of this type of feature that I find annoying in the CoD games (though I think WaW had them?). If Activision would try to make a more team oriented game (or mode even) I might buy it, but they just keep pumping out the same thing year after year, except for adding new, overpowered game unbalancing perks, different settings and even more over the top ridiculous "stories".

Zzzzzzzzzz. The core CoD gameplay has hardly changed, ever. Change it up already ffs! I hope Sledgehammer (no not The Pacific dude) is finally adding some new ideas to this stagnant franchise, though I'm sure one of Bobby K.'s underlings is standing close by ensuring their checklist of CoD/MW feature quota is met. "No, it needs more unrealistic set pieces and less story. Also add a few new overpowered perks, excellent..."

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
13. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 13:00 Zardoz5

Fion wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 12:31:
I'm definitely anticipating the title. The modder within me is looking forward to the toolset even more!

If memory serves me correctly Carmack pretty much all but ruled out modding tools for this game at Quake con last year.

He also mentioned its console-focused design. Gonna have to wait for a demo for this one methinks.

News Comments > Portal 2 Footage
9. Re: Portal 2 Footage Jun 16, 2010, 19:07 Zardoz5

Lets see, game delay is announced and then support for PS3 is announced a few weeks later, coincidence? Maybe, but it is quite the coincidence...  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Patch
11. Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch Jun 16, 2010, 02:46 Zardoz5

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 00:53:
LittleMe wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 23:46:
I doubt it is as much me being slow as it is you being fast.

That's what she said.

Heh.

I was mistaken slightly anyway, I loaded up today to start the new DLC and I have 41 hours logged, with all DLC played up to the new one. So probably like 35 for the main game?

How is the Kasumi DLC? I've heard its pretty short and not that great of a story. Is it worth the $? If you would be so kind could you let us know what you think of Overlord as well once you've had a chance to play it. Thanks!

News Comments > Portal 2 E3 Trailer
25. Re: Portal 2 E3 Trailer Jun 16, 2010, 02:04 Zardoz5

You are welcome for the link! Speaking of links, here is another one for IGN that has a write up and three more videos about Portal 2. Doug Lombardi is narrating I believe. The last two are interesting as they show some of the new gameplay mechanics that are being employed in the game. Looks like there is alot more variety in 2 and some pretty cool things to do!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1098378p1.html

I should really stop watching these, lol. I would love to work at Valve...

News Comments > Portal 2 E3 Trailer
16. Re: Portal 2 E3 Trailer Jun 15, 2010, 20:13 Zardoz5

Some in game footage, or at least a video of some here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLpU0T-Sow&feature=player_embedded  

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch Testing
2. Re: Battlefield 2142 Patch Testing Jun 15, 2010, 14:42 Zardoz5

Closed testing, harrumph.... I guess they want to avoid the opinions of the unwashed masses. Ah well, at least it is coming at some point. Titan mode is fantastic for those who haven't played 2142.  

News Comments > EA's Gun Club
5. Re: EA's Gun Club Jun 15, 2010, 01:05 Zardoz5

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 22:11:
Sooooo.....why the Veteran program also? Why create a new deal for something you already have? ugh.

I think the main reason is that the Gun Club is open to all EA shooters, not just the BF series.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Beta for Preorders and VIPs
5. Re: Medal of Honor Beta for Preorders and VIPs Jun 14, 2010, 23:49 Zardoz5

I won't be purchasing and especially preordering any EA FPS games since they've implemented their "VIP" garbage. Thanks for not letting us play the map variants we've already paid for and are sitting on our hard drives. Next time its going to be a "WAS" (wait and see) approach to WAS if the they pull any more marketing stunts like this.

The genius at EA/DICE who thought of this brilliant PR strategy should be canned. Other than trying to score a few PR points WTF is the point of this strategy? MW2 fans who were going to buy the map packs will regardless of some "VIP" BS that EA pulls. The PR points EA has worked so hard to build over the past few years are fading away rather quickly.

News Comments > Mac Team Fortress 2 Tomorrow
2. Re: Mac Team Fortress 2 Tomorrow Jun 9, 2010, 19:09 Zardoz5

Klaatu barada nikto.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
16. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 13:41 Zardoz5

Krovven wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 13:02:
Yea, god forbid they try and bring some humor and original copy to press releases. Would be so much better if would just stick to the copy-and-paste drivel that every other marketing department spews forth.

Some people will complain about anything.

I'm not complaining about Valve's humor or originality, I enjoy their games and their writing but I find it shark jumping that they are incorporating their fictional world with a real world company.

I guess having an opinion about something is complaining?

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
3. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 12:52 Zardoz5

I don't like the Valve/Aperture "partnership" press release shtick Valve has started. It would be like "Nintendo and Mario are proud to announce..." or "Ridley Scott and Weyland-Yutani..."

Cue the L4D 3 announcement at E3...

News Comments > Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor
48. Re: Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor Jun 9, 2010, 12:20 Zardoz5

In my opinion there has to be an Episode 3 to finish off the narrative arc of the Episodes. Given the cliffhanger ending of Ep. 2, how could they start off Half-Life 3? They could do a video montage or something and show how it got to the point that Ep. 2 left off at but I think it would be a silly to start a game like that.  

News Comments > Respawn News at E3
7. Re: Respawn News at E3 Jun 8, 2010, 18:15 Zardoz5

I would love see to an iPad exclusive game announced just to see the CoD fans rage.

What they are probably going to announce is the name, genre, that they've licensed UT3 and that they are trying to steal all of their former customers from Activision. OK, maybe not the last part.

Given their enviable position of creating a FPS from scratch with $ from EA I hope they make more than just a CoD game in a new shell. Hopefully its something new and interesting with a little more depth than the current crop of FPS games out there. Yeah, its not gonna happen...

News Comments > Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #3 Details
19. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #3 Details Jun 8, 2010, 00:00 Zardoz5

Actually there is no need for a modder as the "map pack" is sitting on our hard drives but EA and DICE have locked them away for marketing purposes.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer
24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 00:25 Zardoz5

Acleacius wrote on Jun 4, 2010, 18:59:
It's all about the Cutscenes, apparently that's all they want us to care about. Well in worst case we still have the original to play.

According the FAQ at the Deus Ex forums the cut scenes will be rendered with the game engine, these CG trailers are just trailers.

"WHAT ABOUT CINEMATICS?
DX:HR cutscenes:
-> Engine rendered
-> Made by EM
-> No other kind of cut-scenes

DX:HR trailers
-> Made by Square Enix
-> Based on EM art"

Its a fairly indepth FAQ, worth a read as it has info about health regen:

"The dev team wants players to focus on the gameplay challenges and on how they will tackle them. Going with the classic health pack system still forces players to retreat from confrontations and break the flow of the game to look for health packs when they run out of them. Instead of retreating to a previous location to grab/grind/harvest more med packs, the system keeps you in the action. The player is now forced to retreat in a tactical manner if he's in trouble, but he doesn't have to leave the whole area and start over because he was too low on health and stuck somewhere due to that fact. Its purpose is to increase the level of enjoyment of a player and remove all the down-time of back and forth induced by a "get medpack" philosophy. Overall, the team wants the player to stay in the events surrounding him and experience the tension indefinitely."

cover system, etc.

"DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION GAME SUMMARY:
A huge cyberpunk story with conspiracies.
Non-linear, multi-path, multi-solution gameplay.
Different ways to solve any objective depending on your play style (social, hacking, stealth or action).
Character and weapon customisation.
Action/RPG just like the first game.
Choices and consequences.
A semi-open world approach to levels and missions.
Different characters to meet and interact with.
An inventory system similar to DX1.
It's not a sandbox. It's not totally linear. It's like the best of both of those approaches.
Random explorable elements with earned experience points.
Global travel."

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86841

There are some console screenshots at NeoGAF to get a feel for what it really looks like, though seeing it on the PC is what I'm interested in: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397260

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Plans
22. Re: Bad Company 2 Plans Jun 2, 2010, 10:41 Zardoz5

Hump wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 20:20:
They did this with BF2 as well. Vehicles are part of what makes this IP so great. If I wanted infantry only I'll go back to CoD.

I agree and it makes me laugh when I hear someone say they hate "tank whores" or "helo whores". They are using the vehicles to kill you as designed by the game designers, what do you expect them to do? Learn to counter them!

For the first while I thought IO in BF2 was OK as it was something new, I played alot on a Warlord IO server (For those who don't have Spec Forces you missed out on some great maps btw). Once the Karkand I/O servers started popping up every 3rd server seemingly I began to tire of it though. At least they didn't launch BC2 with IO only and forced people to play with vehicles.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 1, 2010, 10:43 Zardoz5

Dear Eidos Montreal and Squenix, how about showing us some actual in game screenshots, movies, etc. instead of more prerendered, not representative of how the game will actually look media.

P.S. Please make the PC version play and feel like a PC version. I just played through Deus Ex for the first time and am now playing through Invisible War and the console heritage of IW is painfully obvious.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Details
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 28, 2010, 20:54 Zardoz5

I'm still waiting for Call of Duty: We Thought We Would Try to Make Some New Gameplay Instead of Just Adding Overpowered, Game Unbalancing Gimmicky Add-ons.  

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo