Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DStyle

Real Name DStyle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zardoz5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2009, 18:45
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54704

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 30, 2010, 00:49 Zardoz5

I picked that one because they introduce this storyline in ME2 but don't resolve it. If I recall correctly in ME and ME2 they close most if not all of the plots, missions, etc, so to me it was rather suspicious they left this one, with one of the main characters from ME, who has a lot of fan interest, unresolved.

There is also the fact that audio hinting about this storyline is already in the games files. http://tinyurl.com/y2h98aw I looked at the files they describe in the article in my ME2 folder and it shows a last modified date of Dec 16, 2009. I think BioWare might have been fibbing a touch if they stated they only started working on it after ME2 came out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 29, 2010, 23:19 Zardoz5

Enahs wrote on Aug 29, 2010, 20:03:
They are saving all the side missions for paid DLC of course....

Yeah sadly more and more games are heading down this road. My guess is now when they design a game they decide which content/features they can strip out and sell later and which will be enough to get you to buy the game.

The upcoming Shadow Broker DLC for ME2 reeks of "we stripped this out of the game because we think a lot of people will buy it". With trends like this its almost worthwhile holding off the the "Super Duper" edition which contains the full game.

News Comments > EA: Game Budgets "Have Actually Peaked"
8. Re: EA: Game Budgets Aug 25, 2010, 02:23 Zardoz5

Flatline wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 00:09:
It makes sense. We're far enough into the development cycle of this generation that production pipelines have been streamlined enough that you actually get some artistic results for your money investment. A game designer can get a lot more done today with 100 man-hours from a team than that same team could produce 3 or 4 years ago.

This is what I was thinking too. Companies should be getting to know the hardware and engines pretty well also by this time. The Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 jump in graphics, smoothness of game, etc. is an example to comes to mind, thought I don't like some of the gameplay decisions they made with all their extra time.. I recall DICE mentioning how much easier their engine is to work with from an artists perspective as the tools for Frostbite are maturing now.

News Comments > New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month
3. Re: New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month Aug 23, 2010, 21:47 Zardoz5

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 21:09:
Hehe, oops. My Shepards have all already cheated on Liara. :-oops-:

Creston

Haha, mine too. Its her fault though, a kick ass space hero can't go to long with out some when she was playing it so cold in ME2.

Have you tried any of the other DLC? I haven't as I don't think they have been worth the $10.

News Comments > BF2 and BF2142 Downtime This Week
3. Re: BF2 and BF2142 Downtime This Week Aug 23, 2010, 19:13 Zardoz5

I too use EADM for 2142 and so far its been OK for me, but when it was EA Link wow, it seemed like every new update would break my 2142 install. Sometimes I had to go in and edit the registry to get it working again, and EA actually told you to do it!

I take it you tried removing and reinstalling EADM? What OS are you running? I've had it work OK on Vista and 7.

News Comments > BF2 and BF2142 Downtime This Week
1. Re: BF2 and BF2142 Downtime This Week Aug 23, 2010, 18:21 Zardoz5

The last time GameSpy did one of these 2142 had some funky server browser stuff happen for a few weeks after, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Speaking of 2142, patch 1.51 + 7 maps + Steam release will be very nice, hopefully it happens soon! If you are a BF fan and haven't played it pick it up when it comes out, Titan modes is great. Smitten

News Comments > The Sacrifice DLC for L4D & L4D2 Announced
14. Re: The Sacrifice DLC for L4D & L4D2 Announced Aug 22, 2010, 15:45 Zardoz5

necrosis wrote on Aug 22, 2010, 13:44:
Zardoz5 wrote on Aug 22, 2010, 13:04:
As someone who played L4D2 shortly before L4D I find L4D2 to be the better overall game. Like Verno and Velvet said the atmosphere of L4D does lend itself to more a survivor horror game, but I find that in the end it doesn't really matter if its day night. When a horde starts attacking or I'm in a finale time of day is that last thing I'm thinking about.
L4D2 is drastically to open. Because of this VS mode is so one sided it is not even funny. Don't bother even talking about something you havent a clue about. Play more L4D1 and then come back here.

Put sitters in L4D1 to combat corner whoring a bit and L4D1 is perfect.
Zardoz5 wrote on Aug 22, 2010, 13:04:
The melee weapons, larger number of special infected and mutations put L4D2 gameplay wise ahead of L4D for me. When I play L4D I find myself saying sometimes I miss X, or Y, but that never happens in L4D2.
Melee weapons are stupidly overpowered. With zero fatigue on them one is a killing machine wielding any of them. Another reason survivors are stupidly overpowered in VS.

Apparently you know how much time I've spent playing each game. Rolleyes One sided, really? So the survivors always win every round? I can't say that is what I've experienced playing L4D2.

Melee weapons work fine in my opinion. Yes they are powerful but they help balance the game too, like when you are getting attacked by the horde and specials at the same time. You obviously can't shoot specials when you are have a melee weapon equipped, which helps balance things out. When you see someone has a melee weapon, just stay out of their range. As an infected it allows you use different strategies when attacking the survivors.

News Comments > The Sacrifice DLC for L4D & L4D2 Announced
11. Re: The Sacrifice DLC for L4D & L4D2 Announced Aug 22, 2010, 13:04 Zardoz5

As someone who played L4D2 shortly before L4D I find L4D2 to be the better overall game. Like Verno and Velvet said the atmosphere of L4D does lend itself to more a survivor horror game, but I find that in the end it doesn't really matter if its day night. When a horde starts attacking or I'm in a finale time of day is that last thing I'm thinking about.

The melee weapons, larger number of special infected and mutations put L4D2 gameplay wise ahead of L4D for me. When I play L4D I find myself saying sometimes I miss X, or Y, but that never happens in L4D2.

As far as characters are concerned I have some friends who agree with Velvet that they like the first game's better, but it seems that occurs mostly with ppl who bought L4D first. I bought L4D shortly after getting 2 and I find neither games protagonists really stand out from the others. You don't really know anything about them other than the 20 lines of dialogue they speak other than they are all good at one liners.

Edit: All this L4D talk is "forcing" me to go play a game or two, haha.

News Comments > RAGE PC Interview
13. Re: RAGE PC Interview Aug 21, 2010, 03:17 Zardoz5

Kosumo wrote on Aug 21, 2010, 01:01:
"They've said they're focusing all their effort on the controller, and the PC port is (basically) an afterthought."

Any link to show that? Where did you come across this info please?

I listened to Carmack's Quake con speech two years ago and he stated clearly that consoles are the lead platforms and PC gets what they get, game play wise at the very least. I don't trust dev's anymore to deliver on their "its not a just port" promises, regardless of who they are. The released product will tell the tale.

Then there is the whole DLC goodness they have in the pipeline. I wonder if they figured out what levels, weapons, vehicles, etc. they are going to remove yet? Rolleyes

News Comments > id Interviews: RAGE DLC Planned
19. Re: id Interviews: RAGE DLC Planned Aug 17, 2010, 20:38 Zardoz5

Because they released a few older games source code recently means they are going to do it forever?

I'm guessing that this stuff was released because it is very, very old tech and id was probably working on open sourcing it before Zenimax bought them. I imagine Zenimax saying something like "OK, one last release boys..."

id Tech 5 is going to be kept in house and not licensed out so I can't see them open sourcing it as it was probably the primary reason Zenimax bought them in the first place.

17. Re: id Interviews: RAGE DLC Planned Aug 17, 2010, 11:41 Zardoz5

frag.machine wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 08:58:
zirik wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 07:54:
Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 07:34:
Honestly, how often did id give us free shit? Not very. Instead there were $30 expansion packs. Any 3 Fallout 3 DLC sets have about the same amount of content.

you gotta give id software credit for releasing the source code for their game engine in the past. it made the mod community popular back in the day.

And let's not forget RTCW:ET. How many companies do you see giving to the community a complete, polished game where they spent a good ammount of money, for free ?

That said, I think we won't see that happening anymore. And I'm afraid it's the end of engines source code releases, too.

Actually they released the source code for RTCW:ET and RTCW last week. I think this may be one of the last releases from them now that they are owned by Bethesda.

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/

6. Re: id Interviews: RAGE DLC Planned Aug 17, 2010, 02:09 Zardoz5

"We havenít finalised any DLC plans, but we know itís important,"

Translation: "We haven't figured out what part of the game we can get away with ripping out to sell later as DLC."

News Comments > Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5
17. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 12:12 Zardoz5

LIQUID-SEX wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 23:59:
(2142 just looked like a turd from what I saw from my friends that bought it. They didn't play it long.)

2142 is actually pretty good, especially Titan mode. Titan mode is like Conquest but with another layer of depth on top. Having a good commander actually helps considerably too. Its a nice change from Conquest and to me is a superior game to BC2. I've been in so many amazing games where teams have come back to steal a win in Titan.

There is the 1.51 patch coming out "sometime" for 2142, its in Beta testing, that will include 7 maps. 3 from Northern Strike booster pack, Strike at Karkand (yes, you read the correctly), Operation Blue Pearl and two new ones.

To anyone who hasn't tried it and likes BF games I say give it a try when the patch eventually comes out. It will be coming to Steam, D2D etc when the patch comes out, like BF2 did with its latest patch.

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo
7. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 19:45 Zardoz5

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 17:42:
The camera is... something else. I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually pretty interesting, but also head-ache summoning. For those who don't know what the camera in this game is like: It's like the camera is actually held by a camera-man. Now, imagine yourself running while filming.. that's what it looks like. Pretty chaotic.

The running camera is terrible IMO. I get what they are going for but for me at least the camera shake is borderline nausea inducing. Oh and the shooting felt like console port o' the week.

Edit: The menus console heritage is painfully clear. Companies need to spend more time on these things. Not as bad as UT3's, but still annoying.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Anniversary Gift
1. Re: Battlefield Heroes Anniversary Gift Jun 30, 2010, 01:07 Zardoz5

Such a waste of DICE's resources...  

News Comments > PC BC2 Patch Monday at Soonest
13. Re: PC BC2 Patch Monday at Soonest Jun 23, 2010, 20:25 Zardoz5

ochentay4 wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 13:35:
... I NEVER had any problem with STEAM or Valve games.

I guess you didn't get Half-Life 2 on launch day then. I couldn't play my disc copy because Steam was getting donkey punched into the ground by people trying to access it. I can't remember how long it took before I could play HL2, hours or a day, but Steam hasn't been without it issues.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Anniversary
5. Re: Battlefield 2 Anniversary Jun 23, 2010, 12:57 Zardoz5

LittleMe wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 10:13:
Yay. And if you haven't given Project Reality mod for BF2 some patience to learn and enjoy then you are missing out! BF2 is still getting better thanks to the community.

I tried PR and wasn't really enthralled by it. Perhaps more time would change my opinion but from my time with it there was nothing there that would warrant me playing anymore.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Demo on Steam
2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo on Steam Jun 22, 2010, 00:17 Zardoz5

Creston wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 22:04:
The Cerberus space station mission is quite boring, but the Jack (subject zero) mission is very well done. Well worth a look if you don't have ME2 yet.

Creston

I agree, Jack's mission is one of the better ones. I found I liked Jacob's loyalty mission if only for the premise, it felt like an old episode of Star Trek to me.

I hope for ME3 they cut down the number of potential party members and instead go for more depth in their stories. Some of them seemed rather short or uninspired, I would prefer depth over quantity. Also after completing the loyality mission for each character they didn't do much after that.

The ending mission seemed pretty bland to me to compared to ME1's ending, though it will be interesting to see how your "big decision" impacts ME3.

For those who have played both, which do you prefer, ME1 or ME2? I find its a tough call since the tech, graphics, gunplay have all been improved so much in ME2 but I don't like how they simplified your characters leveling up, not as good story (IMO), worse finale battle than ME1. I also miss the Mako missions where you actually did something with it like on Therum or Noveria in ME1 and I loathe the planet scanning in ME2. They need to get something new for ME3, the scanning nearly put me to sleep at times.

Whoa, that was longer than originally intended.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Beta Reminder
7. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Reminder Jun 21, 2010, 12:40 Zardoz5

ASeven wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 11:36:
justice7 wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 11:19:
How is this game different from MW2 and BC2? Are there any new/exciting features in this game? Perhaps bigger maps?

Just curious if it feels like we've played this game before.

This must be the most meh game I've ever played, and I'm not exaggerating. The game doesn't feel special, it feels... average across the board. There's nothing new or exciting here and I prefer BC2 or MW1 over this.

I agree its nothing outstanding, other than I like the maps. To me they have alot more detail than CoD and BC2 maps and the design of them is good IMO. Like they did in BC2 DICE has explosions occurring in the periphery of the maps which does add to the "you are in the battle" feeling. Helmand Valley stood out as to me the looks more like Afghanistan than other games have IMO.

The team deathmatch mode feels like CoD with a different engine, and not quiet as fast paced. The other mode is basically Rush mode from BC2, except you have to blow up one objective instead of two to advance and open up another chunk of the map. The main difference is that the Helmand Valley map is much smaller and tighter than BC2 Rush maps. Overall the game feels like MW & BC2 had a baby.

Note to DICE: The menu system is poorly done and how can you guys still not have a decent server browser already? It boggles the mind how they can still have such a broken ass browser that has less features than a game that was released before it. The menu definitely has a console game feel to it.

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
73. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 21, 2010, 02:01 Zardoz5

D_K_night wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 00:25:
Well I would like to see what the concept would be, behind an MMO version of CoD.

I would be interested to see the concept as well. In order to get a monthly fee out of FPS gamers you would need a pretty compelling game model and value proposition. Even tougher would be to lure people like me who have long tired of the CoD/MW cookie cutter games they've been making.

My guess is that is what Sledgehammer is working on. Perhaps they are working on just the next version of CoD but in order to lure the founders away from EA Activision probably danged the keys to a big, new type of product in front of them.

Well at least the Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey left behind a solid franchise in Dead Space, looking forward to the sequel.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo