Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 339 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2013, 02:27 Lord Tea

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 16:26:
If that is legal, then that is one hell of a "WTF" law the us got there. Might as well stop pretending and rename to United Corporations of America... because that ain't in the textbook; how legal systems are supposed to work....

Not surprised. There some other things that are perfectly legal in the UPSA. E.g. go to Walmart, get a semi-automatic gun, and start a blood-bath (well, the blood-bath isn't legal, but since you can kill yourself afterwards, who cares?).

UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 28, 2013, 07:13 Lord Tea

"PRISM revelations result in lost business for US cloud companies."

I haven't used much of this cloud crap before anyway, and now, thanks to Mr. Snowden, the sky has cleared completely for me. Dropping gmail as my main email provider requires some effort but is in process. Never even got anywhere near creating an account at upload-all-your-life-thankyou Facebook.

News Comments > StarCraft II Birthday Party
31. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 24, 2013, 03:14 Lord Tea

I don't give a flying funk about Blizzard anymore and whatever franchise they (ab)use to make infinite amounts of money. Just my honest opinion.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
19. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2013, 03:08 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 16:04:
Ignore Trollin Thunder. When Bushco was doing much worse he was right there cheerleading and obviously anyone who questioned their might and wisdom were traitors and terrorists themselves. Like every conservative they're actually terrified of real freedom.

The scary thing is that people like Hayden honestly see people like Snowden, and not what they're doing, as the problem. You've massively overstepped your authority, you walk roughshod all over the Constitution, you're empowered by a secret court that no one can challenge, and never once has any citizen even been asked if they're ok with it. Obama's "We have to make some choices as a society" implies that there's been a choice to begin with.

As long as the people don't hit the streets to protest, everything is "just fine". ...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:14 Lord Tea

Cute, Microsoft trying to polish its turd before it actually dropped it...  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2013, 10:04 Lord Tea

InBlack wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 09:44:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 09:38:
What company wouldn't want an always on camera and microphone that's connected to the internet in their board rooms?

Hey, thats mean! Microsoft always puts their customers' interests first and foremost. Always!

Problem is: Their most valuable customer goes by the name of "National Security Agency".

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 12, 2013, 09:49 Lord Tea

El Pit wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 04:40:
I have to say it again: all of this NSA spying on people all over the world and taking a dump on privacy is Watergate multiplied by a million - and all we hear is more or less *crickets*.

People are paying $500 for an XBOX ONE, a Microsoft/NSA co-developed gaming console featuring 1) permanent-online requirement and 2) a built-in surveillance cam. Is this the perfection of TOTAL CONTROL? No wait, total control could be the road to a dictatorship...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 5, 2013, 12:05 Lord Tea

Dropping US sites is indeed a good idea. It doesn't prevent the NSA from collecting "their" data but the point is... if the site owner or service provider isn't in the US, US law simply doesn't apply. Under pressure, Google, Facebook, Skype & Co. will gladly relay every bit of data to the NSA.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 1, 2013, 12:36 Lord Tea

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 06:57:
Lord Tea wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 06:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 19:09:
It's also funny hearing our (German) politicians talk about how shocked they are about this and what a scandal it is now that it's out that THEY are spied on. And not just we (citizens)...

Anyway, next election is gonna be a vote for the Pirate Party again. No matter how unable this party is currently, there is no way I am voting for any established party after this. They think we are stupid, let's see how the elections go eh

by the way, given that Snowden said he still has FAR crazier things to leak i am not surprised the US is doing everything it can to discredit him and dilute the issue with straw men arguments.

It's even funnier that no matter how much more of the truth is revealed, it won't have any far reaching consequences. There are too many people in the overweight EU behemoth who are "really upset" right now but on the other hand wouldn't even consider closing their Facebook or Gmail accounts. And if the people don't care, why would the polititians? The spying will continue and a year from now, when the dust has settled, people will be discussing entirely different pseudo-issues.

Then it's our duty to keep this topic alive. If you read German news sites, especially Spiegel online, you are aware it's a front page topic and blown up to epic proportions. Heck Spon has this issue on the front page for nearly the entire week now. And if Snowden is smart, we still got more stuff incoming that keeps this topic alive beyond the critical mass (where civil actions keeps it alive further up to election).

Aside that, closing your facebook or gmail accont wouldn't do a thing. The entire internet is spied upon by the NSA.

Oh don't worry, I'll gladly keep this topic alive.

I mentioned FB and gmail because they're officially in bed with the NSA. As I see it, it would be best to drop every U.S. based service provider. There are non-American alternatives to FB, gmail, Skype... you name it. United (Police) States law simply doesn't apply to foreign service providers. But it's all in the hands of the users. They have to switch and now is a good time.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 1, 2013, 06:40 Lord Tea

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 19:09:
It's also funny hearing our (German) politicians talk about how shocked they are about this and what a scandal it is now that it's out that THEY are spied on. And not just we (citizens)...

Anyway, next election is gonna be a vote for the Pirate Party again. No matter how unable this party is currently, there is no way I am voting for any established party after this. They think we are stupid, let's see how the elections go eh

by the way, given that Snowden said he still has FAR crazier things to leak i am not surprised the US is doing everything it can to discredit him and dilute the issue with straw men arguments.

It's even funnier that no matter how much more of the truth is revealed, it won't have any far reaching consequences. There are too many people in the overweight EU behemoth who are "really upset" right now but on the other hand wouldn't even consider closing their Facebook or Gmail accounts. And if the people don't care, why would the polititians? The spying will continue and a year from now, when the dust has settled, people will be discussing entirely different pseudo-issues.

News Comments > Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Trailer
2. Re: Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Trailer Jun 25, 2013, 02:15 Lord Tea

It looks cute, especially those vector graphics. There's a good chance this game can be played at decent frame rates on low end machines as well. I might have backed this but haven't heard of it (I'm not checking the KS page often).  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 05:48 Lord Tea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQvKQGzcoc

ROFL!

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
109. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 20, 2013, 04:59 Lord Tea

Prez wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 03:50:
There couldn't be a better textbook example for why competition is a good thing, no ... a GREAT thing for consumers. If Sony didn't exist, would Microsoft be backtracking like this? Probably not. More likely we'd be reading more arrogance about Microsoft knowing what's best for you and becoming even more anti-consumer. This is why we PC gamers need AMD to stay around. Intel needs to be kept honest the way Sony is causing Microsoft to behave.

As far as what this means for the console war, I leave that to people who know more about the console industry. All I know is that I haven't wanted to see a company get atrounced as badly as I want Microsoft to get clobbered by Sony in a long time.

I couldn't agree more.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
106. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 20, 2013, 03:23 Lord Tea

Totally enjoying this thread, being an avid PC gamer...

Keep the shitstorms (and discussions about them) coming!

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
20. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 03:44 Lord Tea

Hell yeah, another Diablo III thread. We needed it, desperately.  

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
29. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 12:44 Lord Tea

Quite amazing how much play- and discussion time this turd still gets a whole year after its defecation...

Sorry for the harsh words but I played Diablo 1 and 2.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 27, 2013, 15:22 Lord Tea

The Most Expensive Free iPhone Game Ever.

ROFL!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 27, 2013, 03:18 Lord Tea

I'm glad they set the price to $1500 and make the user agree to a truckload of restrictions, so 99.999% of the population lose interest in this (un)cool product.  

News Comments > AMD Says No More DirectX?
16. Re: AMD Says No More DirectX? Apr 13, 2013, 03:35 Lord Tea

If the vote should not and someone wants to correct me - wonderful.

Hmm, yeah, Google translate.

"If I'm wrong and someone wants to correct me, fine."

The term DirectX may just be obsolete. If there's no DirectX there will be something else.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 14:48 Lord Tea

So much fuss about... what? a console? that wants to be online, always?

Fine. Not joining the rant parade. Never owned a console, never will.

Fun thread, guys.

339 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo