Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 28, 2015, 15:37 Lord Tea

It's going to be free roam just like in GTA5 for example.

I purchased W3 on eBay for $25. Couldn't resist and the license is in my GOG library already. Total steal!

USA Freedom* Act

*Freedom to spy on everybody everywhere anytime.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 25, 2015, 03:43 Lord Tea

NSA spied on EU politicians and companies with help from German intelligence

... and who really cares? No one. No German, no other EU citizen, absolutely nobody. All I can see are massive shitstorms online, people sitting in their comfy chairs are voicing their pseudo-anger in forums and BLOGs. They'll get what they deserve: No solutions to these problems.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 02:50 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 23:04:
Microsoft never explicitly stated that the footage was not captured on Xbox One, but--just a few hours after the video went up--the company added a disclaimer to the video to say the footage was "captured on a PC."

No shit. The difference between expressed and implied. Just let the rubes assume this is what they're getting and hope they don't get called on it. And of course they always do.

Microsoft's tricks might still work now but in a year or two PC will be so far ahead of the so called "Next-gen consoles" that even the stupid console kids won't buy their lies anymore.

GTA5 is a wonderful example of what is possible today on a PC (and impossible on a console). Kudos to Rockstar.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 03:36 Lord Tea

Hey Rockstar, do you think it would be a good idea to make a PC port for GTA VI as well or will we need another petition? I mean a single game taking the first TWO spots on the Steam list is kind of unusual, right?  
USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 18, 2015, 05:19 Lord Tea

Thanks for your comments on the performance of your GTX 970 cards guys.

GTA 5 is on top of my list, I just got Witcher 3 and Divinity: Original Sin (currently on sale) for cheap on GOG.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
25. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 17, 2015, 06:44 Lord Tea

Seventyfive wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:51:
Anyone know if the fighting system will be improved from Witcher 2? I thought Witcher 2 looked great but played like shit. Kind of wish they'd just copy something like Dark Souls if they want something slower or basically any other 3rd person game (Batman, AC, GOW, DMC, etc...) if they want something faster. The weird "my enemy is at 2 o'clock so i'm going to do an awkward 360 spin move that will get you killed strike" wasn't that appealing to me.

Don't expect any major improvements. They have to keep things simple because of those lame-ass console controllers...

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
7. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 10:42 Lord Tea

I haven't pulled the trigger yet so here are a few questions to those who are playing the game already:

1) How's the GUI, how does it play without a controller - keyboard/mouse only?

2) What kind of DRM does it come with? I want the Steam version (acceptable DRM imo) but is there anything else that could potentially be a pain in the ass?

3) Will it actually run smoothly on a GTX 970 @ 1080p with everything set to max.? According to some youtube videos VRAM usage quickly exceeds 4 Gb on higher settings...

Thank you very much in advance guys!

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
22. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 04:35 Lord Tea

InBlack wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 03:35:
So do these actually change anything or is this an Nvidia marketing stunt?

-> "supported NVIDIA technologies. These include 3D Vision, 4K, 4K Surround, Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR), GameStream, GeForce Experience one-click Optimal Playable Settings, G-SYNC, G-SYNC Surround. Multi Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing (MFAA), Percentage Closer Soft Shadows (PCSS), SLI, Surround, and TXAA"

If you're talking about performance - I'd like to know that too...

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
60. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 14:33 Lord Tea

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 12:35:
NKD wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 12:19:
Would be nice if Rockstar had given out some review code to.. uh.. someone, somewhere, who could give us a port report. If this was any other company people would be crucifying them for not handing out review code prior to release.

Nah it's much funnier if this kind of shit hits the fan out of the blue. I hope I didn't buy all that popcorn for nuthin'...

I was going to preorder, seriously, until I read your post. Never preordered anything before.
Bag of popcorn is ready. I too will wait (because I can) and see.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
39. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 08:26 Lord Tea

Quinn wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 07:52:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 06:38:
Quinn wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 06:15:
Lord Tea wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 05:09:
Wow, what a really well done trailer. Now, if they only showed PC mouse/kb gameplay - I'd preorder that thing - immediately.

siapnar wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 21:15:
Just out of curiosity, what are the cards some of you guys are running (or going to run)?

GTX 970 here. Xmas buy. No regrets

GTX 970 also. Great card imo. But I got seriously pissed by how Nvidia handled the 970 VRAM fiasco. Looks like most folks have already forgotten about that but my next card will definitely be AMD powered, no matter what.

Anyone with a GTX 970, will you be so kind as to PM me with your GTAV performance findings the 14th? Or post it in the ship ahoy thread? Pessimistic me cannot believe my GTX 680 can live up to my standards with this game and I'm already having a monster of a dilemma whether I'll be buying the GTX 970 or 980. Ofc 980 will be the better choice except that it's almost twice as expensive!

Just buy a 970 and overclock it. You can match stock 980 performance without much effort. The Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming is apparently the best overclocker.

Sadly I've had systematic fuck-ups with OC's in the past. Wasted money on different PSU's to no avail. Shit just was unstable as fuck while everything checked out. Bad experiences

For now I'd just wait and see how the 680 performs in GTAV. Right now isn't the very best time to upgrade. I believe both Nvidia and AMD are getting ready for the next round. AMD's 390 will be pretty fast and Nvidia will have to counter this in the next couple of months with a 980 Ti (or similar).

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
34. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 05:09 Lord Tea

Wow, what a really well done trailer. Now, if they only showed PC mouse/kb gameplay - I'd preorder that thing - immediately.

siapnar wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 21:15:
Just out of curiosity, what are the cards some of you guys are running (or going to run)?

GTX 970 here. Xmas buy. No regrets

GTX 970 also. Great card imo. But I got seriously pissed by how Nvidia handled the 970 VRAM fiasco. Looks like most folks have already forgotten about that but my next card will definitely be AMD powered, no matter what.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
52. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 06:40 Lord Tea

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 06:05:
Lord Tea wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 02:44:
Judging from those screenshots owners of a GTX 970 are seriously screwed as GTA5 seems to be optimized for exactly 4 Gb of VRAM (or higher)...
At 4K resolution

Okay, thanks. It seems at 4K their rig was actually limited by the VRAM of the 980s. I'm not going to play at 4K, so I guess I'm fine with my (single) 970.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
47. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 02:44 Lord Tea

Judging from those screenshots owners of a GTX 970 are seriously screwed as GTA5 seems to be optimized for exactly 4 Gb of VRAM (or higher)...  
USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
43. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 09:15 Lord Tea

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 03:17:
I am mildly positive that this won't totally suck, since it doesn't target PS3 or X360.... or the WiiU for that matter. And hells if it's even half as good as HR it's a must bust

Right, it's designed for Xbone and PS4 instead, only to be ported to the PC again. And by the time this game is finally released it plays exactly like DX:HR.

That said, I'm super picky and still think DX:HR was quite enjoyable on the PC. I'd get DE:MD if they didn't change the GUI much (i.e. not at all).

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 3, 2015, 02:52 Lord Tea

Wow, America must be a very rich country then!

What's the translation for "US tech vendors" here? US tax payers?

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on Steam
19. Re: Elite: Dangerous on Steam Apr 3, 2015, 02:35 Lord Tea

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:44:
I am now about 10x more interested in buying it [on sale].

And I'm now ten times less interested in it due to the added layer of DRM in addition to the PERMANENT ONLINE requirement.

I've been playing Starpoint Gemini 2 for a while now. Decided to get this instead of the Elite:D(RM) and having a blast. GOG version.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 28, 2015, 04:16 Lord Tea

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 20:45:
<drool>

That!

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
59. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 04:47 Lord Tea

Quinn wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 23:09:
The gamepad vs M/KB really is the topic of the day, isn't it? Such a waste of time. For people who are as used to a controller as M/KB, the statement from the journalist may be interesting. To people like me, who couldn't hit a building with a shotgun when using a controller, the statement can be ignored entirely because it has no meaning. Does he mean that it plays better on a controller ERGO the controls suck with M/KB? No. He doesn't.

As for those who take that part of the journalist's opinion and ignore the "best experience in 33 years" by saying they "won't buy this console port", I can only say: 1. You are insane. 2. Your loss.

I for one have not said I won't buy it - I'm just glad I haven't bought it yet. Reason being:

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:04:
Heresy indeed, again demoed on controller, no PC GUI shown.. lmao

Says everything. If a game takes 100+ hours to beat that's a good thing. But if I have to spend one fifth of the time trying to navigate through menus (which is my experience with Witcher 2) that's a deal breaker and definitely not worth >$50.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
50. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 19:39 Lord Tea

Controller feels superior to keyboard+mouse

Thanks for the warning. I'm so glad I didn't preorder this console port, because, quite obviously, it is one. And neither do I like console ports nor do I have a fucking controller.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Starship Ahoy - Sid Meier's Starships
3. Re: Starship Ahoy - Sid Meier's Starships Mar 13, 2015, 04:41 Lord Tea

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 23:17:
Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:56:
$11 at GMG. Totes worth it.

User reviews disagree with your assessment

And I agree with this reply.

USA Freedom* Act

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo