Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 309 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA 400 Series Reviews
5. Re: NVIDIA 400 Series Reviews Mar 27, 2010, 00:01 Lord Tea

DangerDog wrote on Mar 26, 2010, 23:05:
So, is this really the future? Video cards putting out 200 degrees of heat and gobbling up 300 watts of power, time for some sort of break through to reduce the size of the chips or something?

here is your breakthrough.

UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation
20. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 14:54 Lord Tea

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2010, 14:40:
Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2010, 12:38:
Doubtful. I believe this is simply to drive people towards their console products and will mark their exit from the PC as a platform.

I've never understood this argument. If that's all Ubisoft wants to do, it's very easy : Stop releasing games on the PC altogether.

This DRM of theirs is either because they genuinely are so fucking retarded that they think it works, OR because they want to fuck the used market.

Creston

They wouldn't make lots of friends by simply dropping the PC as a platform. In fact lots of people would be really pissed off if they did that.

So their "strategy" is to gradually make the PC platform a real pain to play on and, at the same time, emphasize all the oh so great advantages of the console platform.

Of course this is complete bullshit because, as every gamer moves to consoles, so does piracy.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation
15. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 13:51 Lord Tea

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2010, 12:38:
Doubtful. I believe this is simply to drive people towards their console products and will mark their exit from the PC as a platform.

"That's a bingo!!!"

But it won't work with me....

News Comments > EA on C&C4 DRM
13. Re: EA on C&C4 DRM Mar 24, 2010, 11:08 Lord Tea

Creston wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 10:58:
Now now Jeff, remember: C&C4 has NO DRM!

Fucking EA toolsheds.

Creston

True, so WTF is he talking about?!?!
"Booted twice--and progress lost--on my single-player C&C4 game because my DSL connection blinked. DRM fail. We need new solutions,"

News Comments > EA on C&C4's "No" DRM
39. Re: EA on C&C4's Mar 18, 2010, 21:30 Lord Tea

killer_roach wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 19:52:
...but giving it an automatic 0 or 1 isn't "accordingly". For a game like AC2, it'd probably cause me to drop it from a low 9 to a high 5 or a low 6. That in and of itself should cause enough damage to a user average, asymptotically speaking. What do I care, though? I ended up buying the game for PS3 because I wasn't looking forward to a "hack your way to freedom" route on the PC.

I disagree. If eat a cake that tastes absolutely unforgettable but gives me three days of diarrhea it scores a ZERO, period.

killer_roach wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 19:52:
PC Gamer's take on the Assassin's Creed 2 DRM seems to be the best take. They review the game, as-is - as an incredible game in its own right, giving it an 80-90% score, or whatever they feel it's worth.

And because of the misleading score the review is still complete BS imo. Too many people get the score but fail to read the text, especially if it's an online review.... the people who then spam all forums with all the oh-so-bad DRM problems they have to deal with.

News Comments > EA on C&C4's "No" DRM
28. Re: EA on C&C4's Mar 18, 2010, 19:22 Lord Tea

All your savegames are belong to us, but

Command & Conquer 4 has NO DRM. Zip, zero, zilch, none.

You purchased a game with your hard earned cash and we won't let you play it if you're not online, but

You must have an account with us which your borrowed (from us) copy of C&C4 is tied to, but

We're expecting a couple of DDOS attacks on our servers in the near future because our recently released
For reasons unexplained you might not be able to launch your game during that time.

I'm not bothered by this shit because I'm smart enough not to buy the garbage. What I don't understand is why games such as Assassin's Creed II are still getting top-score reviews in spite of their brutal DRM. Give ZEROs ffs! Reason: Great game but customer screwd. And screwing customers = worst crime ever.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 13:51 Lord Tea

Surf wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 13:18:
it looks extremely scripted and linear, nothing like Stalker's more open game.

meaning replay value = ZERO?

I'll pass then. I don't like the comments regarding "consolitis" either. Hands off!

News Comments > Borderlands DLC Retail Pack Next Month
8. Re: Borderlands DLC Retail Pack Next Month Mar 15, 2010, 21:52 Lord Tea

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 16:44:
It feels this game blew over, long forgotten.

Disagreed. I'm still playing it and having lots of fun. Funnest shooter I've played in years and they keep it fresh by pumping out DLCs. The Ned/Moxxi-pack for $20 is not a good deal though; would've been much better had they included Knoxx as well.

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall
11. Re: Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall Mar 11, 2010, 00:54 Lord Tea

Narf2029 wrote on Mar 10, 2010, 20:20:
Bill Borre wrote on Mar 10, 2010, 19:26:
How can you release a WWII game in Germany without swastikas in it? Isn't that kind of odd?

It's against the law in Germany to present any kind of Nazi symbol in the media. Maybe Nazi references of any kind too, not sure. They kind of pretend it never happened.

most of the Germans I know (and I know quite a few) are annoyed by the censorship in games because that's exactly what they say: Banning symbols won't undo the past. Odd is primarily the German government.

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
10. Re: Supreme Ruler 2 Patched Mar 7, 2010, 12:12 Lord Tea

PhysicalEd wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 23:34:
Perhaps you meant Supreme Commander?

SupCom? No. KidCom.

Re-installed SupCom, having lots of fun, units, strategy, (map-)size, build-queues, etc. etc.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 5, 2010, 15:18 Lord Tea

hmmm the Gulftown review is gone...  

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM Not Cracked
50. Re: Secure? Mar 4, 2010, 17:54 Lord Tea

Longswd wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 15:58:
I just did my part and put up a negative Amazon review, hopefully it will be allowed to go through (I wasn't crude about it, but I was fairly scathing).

as expected, people are REALLY pissed by this DRM - 1-(out of 5) star average for this game on Amazon.com

Good job Ubi. The game developers must be happy too.

36. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Not Cracked Mar 4, 2010, 14:54 Lord Tea

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 12:36:
moral of the story: Don't copy protect your game as doing so may kill you in the end. Whereas a couple of pirates won't.

I don't know how you get that "moral" out of the Iron Lore situation. They made a fantastic game with no secure online component like Diablo II and that was their real downfall.

As you mentioned in your post, Iron Lore explained it themselves - they were dealing with plenty of pirates who possibly used flawed cracks. So, my thoughts are: No crack necessary > no pirates swamping their forums (their claim!) > no bad reputation > negligible loss in sales due to piracy

23. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Not Cracked Mar 4, 2010, 12:12 Lord Tea

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 11:19:
No, Iron Lore claimed piracy was responsible for killing their studio and that they were swarmed by pirated copies posting for support on their forums due to the crack bugs.

moral of the story: Don't copy protect your game as doing so may kill you in the end. Whereas a couple of pirates won't.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed II PC DRM Patch
16. Re: Assassin's Creed II PC DRM Patch Mar 3, 2010, 23:45 Lord Tea

Acleacius wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 23:36:
Seems the community hasn't been this united in opposition since starforce, which doesn't bode well for ubi.

Iirc, ubi was front and center in the starforce debacle, ubi failed miserably and lost the lawsuits the customers filed.

well Starforce was at least a tough nut to crack but this new online DRM is a complete fiasco - exactly what Ubisoft deserved. Man I'm enjoying this

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Pathfinding Trailer
9. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Pathfinding Trailer Feb 27, 2010, 21:05 Lord Tea

Darks wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 19:31:
Iíve been trying to tell you guy how impressive the new game is, but all Iíve been getting is flack. I know there are shortcomings that the game has and there are some things that you all would like to have. but overall the game does kick butt. This video perfectly displays what Iíve been saying about the new FlowTech engine and how awesomely smooth games are now. Yes even in MP.

excuse me?? The proper implementation of a more serious pathfinding algorithm alone does NOT make a game impressive, it takes a lot more IMO.

I've played the demo several times, yes I've noticed the vastly improved pathfinding and I still am all but impressed: You can poop out battleships and experimentals in minute intervals and a couple of standard units will destroy them equally fast.

Basic formations (present in SupCom 1, hold button when setting a waypoint) are completely gone.

Assisted production is basically gone. (Thanks for taking away some flexibility)

Compared to SupCom 1 Fatboys and battleships look like toys - WTF these are supposed to be huge and pack a lot of punch.

If a resource gets limited factory production automatically pauses and must be resumed manually - what a pain.

List goes on and on.

News Comments > More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers
15. Re: More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers Feb 26, 2010, 10:34 Lord Tea

Mr. Taylor has been preaching "innovation" - which is exactly what SupCom 2 seems to be lacking.  

News Comments > Borderlands Patch Notes
1. Re: Borderlands Patch Notes Feb 23, 2010, 17:57 Lord Tea

- Damage from shock elemental effects has been increased
- Repeater pistol damage has been slightly increased, accuracy slightly decreased
- Sniper Rifle critical hit bonus has been increased

how nice, my lvl 50 Mordecai is very pleased to hear that...

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Trailers
11. Re: Game Reviews Feb 23, 2010, 11:17 Lord Tea

thanks for that link SpectralMeat, very interesting info there. I too will give it a shot (or two LOL) and then decide. I'm still hoping that the PC version is much different from the Xbox version.  

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Trailers
2. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Trailers Feb 22, 2010, 23:44 Lord Tea

"tons of fun, weddings, funerals, birthday parties, you name it - the AC1000 gunship"  

309 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo