Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 348 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2010, 00:45 Lord Tea

LOL @ Glorg!  
UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Manual Borderlands Patch
2. Re: Manual Borderlands Patch Sep 30, 2010, 14:04 Lord Tea

indeed. I lost two very powerful dark orange guns because of this shit. I'm glad this is fixed now.  

News Comments > Mafia II DLC Released
15. Re: Mafia II DLC Released Sep 28, 2010, 17:37 Lord Tea

kimbambaman wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 14:44:
what+ever...the Borderlands DLC is out today! W00t!

only for the shitbox (oh god I hate consoles...)

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 DLC Released
10. Re: Supreme Commander 2 DLC Released Sep 28, 2010, 17:24 Lord Tea

Surf wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 14:03:
Game sucks!

Sorry Tim!

true, no hardcore gamer cares about Kid Commander 2...

News Comments > ArcaniA Gothic 4 DRM Details
14. Re: ArcaniA Gothic 4 DRM Details Sep 20, 2010, 22:50 Lord Tea

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 20, 2010, 19:11:
Thing is.. I'm very doubtful it'll be money well spent. Especially on Gothic 4. But this or that, they can't be any more crap than the other junk that's been released lately (Amnesia aside, that game was godlike).

it's going to be the usual bugfest with G4... might not be a bad idea to wait for a couple reviews and see how bad it actually is

That said, I'd NEVER preorder a game, being a bit patient saved me a lot of cash...

News Comments > ArcaniA Gothic 4 DRM Details
7. Re: ArcaniA Gothic 4 DRM Details Sep 20, 2010, 18:46 Lord Tea

much less of a PITA than Ubisoft's DRM and no reason for not buying the game. Hopefully the system requirements will end up less crazy than announced previously. Will keep an eye on this one....  

News Comments > Civilization V Manual
19. Re: Civilization V Manual Sep 19, 2010, 12:35 Lord Tea

I've read the manual and I admit I'm not impressed. I was expecting something new... it feels like in Civ 5 you're getting Civ1/2 with fancy year-2010 gfx and a couple of "enhancements" or modifications. As much as I loved playing the original Civ ~20 years ago, I just can't get excited about those repeatedly warmed-up incarnations of Civ that bring nothing new to the table. Just my 5 cents.  

News Comments > Valve on Piracy and Episode 3
13. Re: Valve on Piracy and Episode 3 Sep 16, 2010, 01:08 Lord Tea

make HL3 a good game and you don't have to worry about all the piracy BS anyway. Simple as that....  

News Comments > Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned
9. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 16:51 Lord Tea

Borderlands is the best FPS in a long time imo. You can easily reach Level 61 on the 2nd playthrough but I doubt it's possible to crack Crawmerax in a singleplayer game w/o cheating. Can't wait for the raised level cap/new DLC. I'm Playing F.E.A.R. 2 in the meantime  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Sep 4, 2010, 12:03 Lord Tea

awesome screenshots. These bot models look really amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on that game....  

News Comments > Gold - Elemental: War of Magic
20. Re: Gold - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 14, 2010, 12:56 Lord Tea

D4rkKnight wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 21:32:
This game looks pretty bad actually...

I disagree. It looks pretty darn good IMO. And I would buy it even if it didn't, because of a couple of reasons:

1) despite all the console garbage that's constantly being pumped out in the year of 2010, Stardock's top priority platform is the PC.
2) Stardock's DRM is either non-existent or mild enough not to annoy the customer.
3) They have a lot of experience with turn-based titles, so even if their game didn't look nice there's still a great chance it would play nice.

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM
25. Re: R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM Aug 12, 2010, 00:03 Lord Tea

to me Steam is an acceptable form of DRM whereas Ubisoft's own version is absolutely, totally, abyssmally unacceptable.  

News Comments > More StarCraft II Sales Figures
45. Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 19:29 Lord Tea

Verno wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 18:00:
The 12 year period of anticipation probably didn't hurt either

System Shock 3, where are you?

News Comments > More on StarCraft II Preorders
45. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 18:45 Lord Tea

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 18:29:
Yeah it's 180 bucks for all 3 versions, but is more Blizzard goodness really a bad thing?

yeah I too believe Blizzard should be charging like $100 per game, not just $60, I mean we all have to keep in mind it's a "Blizzard game" we're getting - easily worth the premium price. Dead

21. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 14:52 Lord Tea

Pigeon wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 14:39:
$60? $180? Damn!

Yeah I'm waiting till this one drops to a more reasonable price.

Fixed. You want to play all three factions, right?

5. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:08 Lord Tea

800,000 preorders LOL... so much for "I'll never buy this game because of
* the missing LAN support
* the battle.net requirement
* Blizzard's greed to sell one complete game for the price of three
* lack of innovation in this game
* the sky is blue"

I'm expecting a massive wave of whiners hit the web and all its forums when the game finally goes online and causes a battle.net collapse.

News Comments > WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M
15. Re: WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M Jul 16, 2010, 23:59 Lord Tea

after all the years of WOW-cashcowing 100+ million bucks must be nothing for Blizzard.  

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II on Steam, Sale, New Demo
3. Re: Eschalon: Book II on Steam, Sale, New Demo Jul 12, 2010, 22:15 Lord Tea

it has been out since may and I beat it with a mage some time ago. Runs on very low end machines. It's a cute, old school single character RPG with unusually high replay value imo (there are plenty of nice skills to explore and combine...). That said, it was a bit too short/easy for my taste, and its ending pretty much forces you to get Book III if you want to know how the story concludes (it's a trilogy). Having played Book I (which is very similar but lacks some details such as weather effects) is optional and not required for Book II. $20 is about right for this indie game.  

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
73. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 22:35 Lord Tea

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 20:21:
Lord Tea wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 15:59:
that's exactly what's going to happen. Blizzard's backpedaling is a tactical move, they want to sell loads of games first, then start charging for battle.net and: Real ID will be back eventually.
The internet as it is, is at a crossroads whether people believe it or not. It's not all that dissimilar to the age where "mr.casual" got online back in the early to mid 90's. The difference is, is at this point we have the "being anonymous" is still the best thing going.

nice statement but I'm not buying it. As I said, hundreds of millions of people are using facebook, and lots of them are even posting their lives on the site. That's far from "being anonymous", and, mind you, this "openness" could one be of the reasons for Blizzard to come up with the stupid idea of Real ID. "People are posting their lives on facebook, so it can't be that big of a deal to have them post their real names on our forums."

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 20:21:
RealID may be back, but they're going to have a lot of problems with governments world wide unless they're explicitly clear on what information can be divulged. And burying something in a click-through ELUA or ToS are not legal in most places. It's moving now that ELUA's and ToS are not binding at all, and that's because of two things. First being most people can't understand the language(I have problems, and I can read and interpret legal documentation). The second is to whether you can make a document like that binding on a "click-through" basis.

good point, but do you really believe the folks at Blizzard haven't done their homework before bringing Real ID to the table? They know that the concept of Real ID is legally possible. People having problems grasping what is in an EULA or ToS is an entirely different story.

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
66. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 15:59 Lord Tea

AngryMax wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 13:39:
I guess humans will accept anything as long as they are gradually conditioned into it. Wise choice Blizzard. I recommend next time you have an evil masterplan to not even announce it. Just do it, slowly, covertly.

that's exactly what's going to happen. Blizzard's backpedaling is a tactical move, they want to sell loads of games first, then start charging for battle.net and: Real ID will be back eventually.

348 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo