Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 439 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
4. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:01 Lord Tea

ForgedReality wrote on May 21, 2015, 11:56:
Waiting on the "Fixed bug where we forgot to include strafing" update.

It might not happen. In W1/W2 one could only perform side jumps... but no strafing.

USA Freedom* Act

*Freedom to spy on everybody everywhere anytime.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
1. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 11:50 Lord Tea

Excellent news, thumbs up to CDPR. That's a nice list of fixes/improvements after just a few days.  
USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
37. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 11:36 Lord Tea

Comet wrote on May 21, 2015, 10:59:
GTA V looks great but I disagree with your opinion regarding lightning and shaders because of the following :

Check this video of The Witcher 3. Ultra settings 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt_9r9NLHPs

And GTA 5 : Ultra 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM9EcdSx4j4

I think this example clearly shows how impressive The Witcher 3 is. Huge amounts of vegetation, trees, particle effects, physics, animation and so on. The GTA V lighting system has a much smaller color pallet. For instance look at The Witcher 3 environments at night and GTA V.

But again the following video will change your opinion. In GTA V for instance HDR is far less "accurate" so to speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APFy5G7vueA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRDsMwS4Vs

And this next one should really help drive the point :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOSG-JyPz4w (PS4 footage by the way)

You said you're biased in your earlier post. Unless CDPR pays you for your opinion I can't see a reason why but to each their own...

Your comparison is somewhat flawed though.
In order to get acceptable performance at 4k/Ultra in Witcher 3 you need a TITAN X SLI setup - $2k for the GPUs alone. Not impressive. For 4k/Ultra in GTAV you need a single GTX 980.
I'm more impressed by the huge variety of textures in GTAV which sets a new standard hands down. And although the Witcher 3 looks quite good the textures are only average judging from the youtube videos.
Secondly, by comparing a 720p (GTAV) video to a 1080p (W3) video you claim that HDR is far less accurate in GTAV. That's not fair.

USA Freedom* Act

26. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:23 Lord Tea

Verno wrote on May 21, 2015, 10:01:
Lord Tea wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:45:
Nope. Wrong. I don't understand. Plenty of games out there that are PC only and do/did extremely well. Wasteland 2 for example. And tons of other indie games.

And by the way: I'm getting pissed off by all those post-release-apologies and can't hear the BS (a.k.a. LIES) anymore. They had to release this on all platforms. Good. The game has issues on ALL platforms. Bad. Lack of optimisation on consoles, causing serious framedrops on PS4. Xbox One can't even handle Full HD. PC suffers from quality downgrade and performance is fair at best.

Get your act together CDPR.

As the developer already said, we wouldn't have The Witcher 3 without consoles. They are a huge part of the market and the PC base doesn't sell enough units to afford a budget so high. There's a financial side to the business that you simply don't seem to understand or care about but its a reality nonetheless. I'm pretty happy with what we received, I don't see a real cause for complaint here. It's easy to cherry pick static screenshots but the game itself looks pretty great while I'm playing it. You've played it right? You're not just going by forum talk? I ask because I find it hard to believe anyone would be seriously displeased by what they delivered.

Fragmentation is bad for everyone.

For the developer because it has to code for different platforms and then support them. It's more time consuming and costs more money.

For the gamer because the developer can only spend a fraction of its time/budget on his/her chosen platform, resulting in worse support and less platform specific optimisation.

No, I haven't played the game yet. I'm left-handed and don't currently have the motivation to do the necessary hacks for the movement keys. While waiting for a fix I'm playing other games (e.g. GTA). As usual, things will improve eventually, and I have the patience to wait.

USA Freedom* Act

20. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:00 Lord Tea

Kajetan wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:57:
Lord Tea wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:45:
Nope. Wrong. I don't understand. Plenty of games out there that are PC only and do/did extremely well. Wasteland 2 for example. And tons of other indie games.
No, you are right. You dont have to understand. But ...

inXile is a privately held indie studio. They do not need to go BIG. They are, like Larian, just fine in making a decent profit. CDP on the other hand, is publicly traded company. They have to report to investors who are only interested in a fast return of their investment. Therefore CDP has to produce a big multi-platform AAA game, because thats the way to make big money in a short term. CDP was (!) an indie game developer.

InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:34:
The Witcher3 looks and runs GREAT. Even on older hardware.

So, THIS is great in your opinion? At least a GTX 970 for full HD? A Kepler based GTX Titan can't handle this game at 1080p with a decent frame rate.

THAT'S great in my book. And GTAV looks better too, thanks to CDPR's downgrades.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 10:07.

USA Freedom* Act

12. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:45 Lord Tea

Kajetan wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:13:
... but note that without the console editions, the game wouldn't exist at all.
This everyone does understand. Higher production costs make it necessary to widen the audience.

And by the way: I'm getting pissed off by all those post-release-apologies and can't hear the BS (a.k.a. LIES) anymore. They had to release this on all platforms. Good. The game has issues on ALL platforms. Bad. Lack of optimisation on consoles, causing serious framedrops on PS4. Xbox One can't even handle Full HD. PC suffers from quality downgrade and performance is fair at best.

Get your act together CDPR.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
13. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 12:34 Lord Tea

jomisab wrote on May 18, 2015, 09:33:
Do these also restore the visual fidelity implied by the screenshots still on the Steam store page? Or the greater fidelity clearly evident in earlier gameplay trailers? lol...sorry, couldn't resist. I'm sure it's going to look amazing regardless.

I don't know about the drivers but the day-1 patch is said to bring back some of the quality of earlier trailers. Source (German)

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2015, 03:10 Lord Tea

Jerykk wrote on May 17, 2015, 20:04:
LittleMe wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:10:
I'm having second thoughts on W3. Here's another. It's not just about graphics, but what else have they butchered? It's screaming 'consolitis' right now and it's not even born yet.

Did you play Witcher 2? Did you enjoy it? If so, I wouldn't be too worried because Witcher 2 exhibited plenty of consolitis and was still a great game. The QTEs and UI were clearly designed for gamepads. From what I understand, W3 has removed QTEs and improved the UI, so that's already a step up.

Also, people really need to stop acting like downgraded graphics somehow ruin games. It may not be as pretty as the initial reveal but it still looks good. More importantly, it plays well according to reviews.

Excellent points. I did play Witcher 2 and stopped due to the horrible consolitis the game suffers from. Decent storyline and content, but at some point the GUI became so much of a pain that I couldn't take it anymore.

And NO, if people "stop acting like downgraded graphics somehow ruin games" this downgrade cancer will continue to grow and PC gamers will eventually be playing Pac Man on their fancy new, expensive GPUs because, you know, it's a good game and "it plays well". (Yes, I exaggerated).

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
32. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 13:31 Lord Tea

Dagnamit wrote on May 17, 2015, 11:54:
HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2015, 10:34:
CD Projekt RED is giving back a little of that great cred they built up recently.

No one should be surprised that a game built for 3 platforms has serious compromises. Blame Sony and Microsoft for cheaping-out on hardware, which in retrospect feels like collusion between MS and the Big S to keep specs low.

Everyone assumed the new consoles would be far more powerful. Like someone said here on this website, not rendering at 1080p for all titles simply wasn't a conversation anyone thought was possible when discussing the new console generation.

That's a mistake on CDPR's part and one they're not likely to make again, but at least an understandable one.

The only serious mistake CDPR made was to release this on consoles, I'm glad they didn't make a fucking Gameboy version, otherwise that downgrade would have turned out even worse.

Fact of the matter: Consoles are a PITA for every avid PC gamer.

USA Freedom* Act

24. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 08:40 Lord Tea

Quinn wrote on May 17, 2015, 07:33:
Lord Tea wrote on May 17, 2015, 07:12:
Quinn wrote on May 17, 2015, 06:15:
I've heard nobody say they can't deal with the graphics -- people are just pointing out it looks downgraded.

I'm unsure if these graphics are from maxed out graphic settings or just 5K settings. Hell, the footage you can watch right now from reviewers on the PS4 looks better than this so something is off with this source.

1) So you think they purposely downgraded the graphics for the release version only to re-upgrade them later? Sounds very unlikely to me. Judging from what I've seen so far the PC version is identical with the PS4 version except for the higher refresh rate.

2) I speak German and according to the article these screenshots were taken on a high-end PC with a heavily overclocked GTX Titan (non-X) at highest detail settings.

1. Some people commented here saying that they don't care much for the downgraded graphics as long as the gameplay is good. To me, it felt like they said it in a way as in to say the other people in this thread were saying something else. I merely felt like making clear that all the others were merely stating the obvious -- that it looks downgraded -- but that they weren't saying the couldn't deal with downgraded graphics.

2. That's pretty scary, then. But still, is the source reliable? How did they get their hands on the PC version? It isn't out yet and AFAIK CDProjekt didn't release any review builds of the PC version.

1) If it came out like criticism: Your comment is totally legit Quinn. We can only wait until Tuesday and see then. I'm hoping for a positive surprise but honestly I don't have high hopes. I for one do care about how things look. I'm a PC gamer, I have a decent rig with a fast GPU, and I have expectations especially on a title like this. Others can buy a Titan X and say "if it looks like Pac Man - fine with me as long as there's content and plays well". I'm not part of that crowd.

2) Unfortunately the source is reliable. PC Games DE is a well known print magazine in Germany and they got an early press copy of the game. There is no reason not to believe them. On the other hand they said they were pretty excited about the visuals, so... I don't know.

USA Freedom* Act

21. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 07:12 Lord Tea

Quinn wrote on May 17, 2015, 06:15:
I've heard nobody say they can't deal with the graphics -- people are just pointing out it looks downgraded.

I'm unsure if these graphics are from maxed out graphic settings or just 5K settings. Hell, the footage you can watch right now from reviewers on the PS4 looks better than this so something is off with this source.

1) So you think they purposely downgraded the graphics for the release version only to re-upgrade them later? Sounds very unlikely to me. Judging from what I've seen so far the PC version is identical with the PS4 version except for the higher refresh rate.

2) I speak German and according to the article these screenshots were taken on a high-end PC with a heavily overclocked GTX Titan (non-X) at highest detail settings.

USA Freedom* Act

6. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 16, 2015, 19:06 Lord Tea

Ground textures on images 5, 9, 16 and 18 are absolutely sub-par.

The water in image 22 looks worse than in Half Life 2.

Tessellation in images 1, 21 and 26 is basically non-existent.

Shadows are either not there at all, broken or of very low quality (images 18, 19, 20, 26, 28).

Sorry guys, this is supposed to be maximum quality at 5K.

FAIL.

USA Freedom* Act

3. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 16, 2015, 16:31 Lord Tea

I'm shocked. Some of those screenshots look like Witcher 1.  
USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 15, 2015, 15:05 Lord Tea

Microsoft pushes back on reports of Xbox “bricking” punishment.

According to the report there is no "pushing back" for Microsoft. The fact that they can ban your crappy console from going online alone is reason enough not to give any money to M$ for this piece of junk called Xbox One.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 13, 2015, 05:14 Lord Tea

Planetary Annihilation on Steam. Save 80%.

Wow PA is a fairly recent title and Steam is already giving it away for almost free. Red flag raised.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 13, 2015, 05:06 Lord Tea

Cox Raises Bandwidth Caps From 400GB to 2TB.

Cute! Were they actually enforcing those caps?

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2015, 05:23 Lord Tea

How long has GTA5 been on top? Been playing GTA5, so I've lost track of things...  
USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 11, 2015, 05:20 Lord Tea

Megan Smith clearly demonstrates how clueless she is about science/tech in this interview. So, the "Jobs" movie is her point of reference for women's absence in science. How could someone like her register at and graduate from MIT? She must have paid a lot. Here's a little tip for Mrs. Smith: Shift your focus from Hollywood to real science and check websites such as PubMed.gov. There you will learn that women are and have been playing major parts in science and technology. And while you're at it - check registration statistics of universities, compare male/female ratios and then stop talking shit in interviews.  
USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
5. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 09:39 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2015, 09:31:
Hope that'll make it worth finishing this time. Hopefully PoE will do the same.

Exactly my thought! I kind of lost interest late in the game when the difficulty level suddenly became crazy hard for no obvious reason...

Looking forward to this update/upGRADE.

USA Freedom* Act

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Facebook for the poor May 5, 2015, 02:50 Lord Tea

eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2015, 02:38:
Facebook is literally enforcing an Internet for the poor, as in websites made for the poor, while the actual Internet (99% of which is high BW) will remain for the paying customers.

Can't deny that this is ingenious but any sane government would be well advised to ban this. All Facebook tries here is to break into new markets with this offer, while cutting everyone else out of access to this.

Is that really helping the poor? Most in-depth knowledge is on youtube, you want to see how a well is built, farming hints, building help? You look it up on youtube. But not those poor.

One would have to test what the restrictions actually are. I'm not a friend of FB at all (I don't have an account). Youtube is nice but it's not the holy grail of information. Wikipedia et al will give the simple reader all the information s/he is looking for - without the need for high bandwidth.

USA Freedom* Act

439 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo