Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 342 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 03:09 Lord Tea

Apple Is Banning Apps That Reward Social Sharing and App Promotion

Apple should have banned IAPs instead. Those have become a cancer out of control, especially the >$3/pay-to-win ones.

UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
37. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 14:13 Lord Tea

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 13:57:
Xil wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:22:
The masses get bored faster, would Snowden still have been able to keep the steady flow of news going if he had stayed in the USA, if not then he would have been yesterdays news pretty fast and to be honest give it a few more months and he will be, that dude that..... He still paying the price of living in exile for the rest of his life but I guess it beats Guantanamo bay or where ever they would have whisked him off too.

Snowden and Greenwald's strategy to continuously trickle stuff out over 1.5 years has been quite genius. They've managed to keep it in the news on nearly a weekly basis since the story broke.

And despite the continuous flow of shocking news little to nothing is happening here in Europe. It almost feels like most European governments are happily in bed with the US government. Or they're too scared to act.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 11:35 Lord Tea

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:52:
Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:09:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:02:
Look guilty? He IS guilty. He broke the law. He's not a "traitor", but he's definitely a coward. He had a great opportunity to stand for something bigger than himself and be a symbol for what the people want. Less intrusion. the vast majority of Americans were outraged by what was/is going on. He blew it for himself and for everyone else, tbh.

I don't know, if you look at how past whistleblowers have been treated by the government and the scope of what he broke info on I can totally understand fearing for your safety and fleeing. The deck is loaded against whistleblowers, the protections are inadequate and the legal reprisals can be significant, that's without getting into the grey area shit the government can get into. Maybe he wasn't thinking about his place in history and was instead worrying about the safety of his family and himself, a pretty human thing to do.

I think it's really easy to criticize his convictions and courage but putting myself on the other side of it I can easily see why. How many of us would do any different? He's not exactly living the life of luxury either. Being exiled to Russia away from friends and family potentially forever is pretty significant.

I think he should have stayed but at the same time I can't really blame him for not doing so.

nor can I, and I might have also made the same decision, except for where to run to. I mean, China AND Russia? Christ. At least try Ecuador.

Oh, don't you think China/Russia are somewhat more "resistant" to political pressure from the US than Ecuador? The whole EU crapped its pants when Snowden knocked on the door a year ago.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 8, 2014, 04:18 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 16:18:
QFT....

"Why stop at D-Day? Let's insist on memorializing major battles of every war throughout history! /s

People really need to stop it with the putting soldiers on a pedestal nonsense. While D-day was an important event in Western history, it's not so important that it needs to be the foremost thing on people's minds 70 years later."

I'm so tired of the War Machine trying to glorify war when the end result is people dying needlessly and the taxpayers being robbed mercilessly when there are so many other important areas that money should be spent. No soldier has ever lifted a finger in defense of me in my lifetime. But they have invaded plenty of sovereign nations at the behest of big multi-national corporations, so I don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to be thanking them for, because it sure as shit isn't my freedom or the people being exploited by those multi-nationals in those countries.

"It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber." - Robert Fulghum

[sarcasm]

Wrong forum dude. (Because it's American, Google is an American company, and Americans love everything WAR. Ever read or even listened to Mr. Key's poem?)

[/sarcasm]

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
105. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 06:33 Lord Tea

InBlack wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 06:06:
Lord Tea wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 04:30:
Tom wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:24:
Just spent an hour of actual flight time doing the Vanduul Swarm. Eh, it's ok. Has potential. Maybe more than I would've expected. As I played more and got a little better, it got better. Still, it's lightyears behind Elite: Dangerous.

Stuff that sucked about Arena Commander: [...]

What's the point of your rant? It doesn't help anybody, neither the developers (do you believe they check BluesNews for comments?), nor the gamers. You're testing alpha code of a part of an unfinished game! Quoting from the SC webpage:
Remember: V0.8 is just the beginning. It’s the start of a hard push for the development team as we head towards V0.9 and finally V1.0, at which point Arena Commander will be ‘feature complete’ with the modes, maps and options promised at PAX. By the time V1.0 drops, we aim for the entire community to have access to the multiplayer game modes!

What the fuck man? He wrote a very constructive post describing his experience with the game and comparing it to another game that is still in development. It doesnt help anybody unless he is supposed to be praising the glory of the Lord Christ Roberts and his Holy Flock or his opinion doesnt matter??? Im so sick of yes men...

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 06:10:
Lord Tea wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 04:30:
What's the point of your rant? It doesn't help anybody,
I didn't think it was a rant, more like an overview of what the Alpha is like.
It helped me not to worry too much about the download because other than the pretty graphics there is not much else there that I am missing out on.

So it would've been easier (and less time consuming for all of us) to just write:
"It's an alpha version, feels, looks, plays like an alpha version. End of story."

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
101. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 04:30 Lord Tea

Tom wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:24:
Just spent an hour of actual flight time doing the Vanduul Swarm. Eh, it's ok. Has potential. Maybe more than I would've expected. As I played more and got a little better, it got better. Still, it's lightyears behind Elite: Dangerous.

Stuff that sucked about Arena Commander: [...]

What's the point of your rant? It doesn't help anybody, neither the developers (do you believe they check BluesNews for comments?), nor the gamers. You're testing alpha code of a part of an unfinished game! Quoting from the SC webpage:
Remember: V0.8 is just the beginning. It’s the start of a hard push for the development team as we head towards V0.9 and finally V1.0, at which point Arena Commander will be ‘feature complete’ with the modes, maps and options promised at PAX. By the time V1.0 drops, we aim for the entire community to have access to the multiplayer game modes!

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots May 30, 2014, 17:02 Lord Tea

Terrific ED screenshots. This game looks very cool.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
29. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 09:46 Lord Tea

SpectralMeat wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:32:
Not sure how it would run on your PC, I have a 760 GTX and it runs fluid on my machine. In comparison the SC hangar module runs like shit. I am getting like 30-40fps running around the hanger.
I haven't started up fraps to check frame rate in Elite but it is at least 60fps
Check their forum: http://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=30
They have a few threads about this but I can not find them atm

Edit: found one - http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8231

Thanks for this info, I was going to ask about your system specs. A 760 GTX is a mid-range card and considering you're playing the alpha this is good news. Question remains, how will it perform during heavy space fights with lots of simultaneous explosions/ships/rockets/projectiles on screen.

@nin: The Elite threads tend to get taken over by SC-related posts too but yeah... lets give this one back to the SC folks.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2014, 05:10 Lord Tea

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 23:14:
mag wrote on May 16, 2014, 21:25:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 13:09:
Save The Internet.

Glad someone in this country still has the time and cojones to protest. We've become such a docile nation of sheeple.

The whole Occupy thing was just like a year ago!

Yeah, those Occupy people were pretty good. And they were apparently such a threat that they had to be infiltrated by local police, FBI, NSA, etc. etc. I really don't understand why peaceful groups get the 3rd degree, and violence-oriented groups like Cliven Bundy's gang get off without so much as a second look.

That's because those peaceful groups protest against the elitist police states we live in. They are enemies of the system (a.k.a. "terrorists"), they have the potential to incite a revolt.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2014, 16:06 Lord Tea

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 13:09:
Save The Internet.

Glad someone in this country still has the time and cojones to protest. We've become such a docile nation of sheeple.

someone = 10, maybe 12 people, judging from the pictures. In other words: America couldn't care less.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
12. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 02:49 Lord Tea

.... being proud of not having wasted a single minute of my precious life time on this polished turd (that still smells, by the way).  

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 16:23 Lord Tea

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 15:53:
Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 15:40:
“The answer is yes,” Obama replied. “I am a strong supporter of net neutrality. Unfortunately, I also lie out of my ass whenever I get the chance, and AT&T and Comcast write REALLY big checks. So, yeah. Heh," the president said while giving the "What can you do?" shrug.

We all know the politicians have a bought and sold sticker on them somewhere but letting this go through is like putting it on the forehead for all to see. We know what the correct answer is, there is only one correct answer. No left/right bullshit, no grey areas, it's just flat out wrong. How (if?) he responds to Wheeler's decision will tell you exactly what kind of person he is. I expect little.

At least we have the right to vote. Between two piles of crap we can choose the smaller one.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 05:22 Lord Tea

Glad to see Brazil join Europe in this matter.

Let's see if Americans are able to prevent the shit from hitting the fan... there's still time.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
3. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 11:00 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:38:
2 years next week. Hurry up and finish it already!

Yup... it's about time. But having played the most recent beta on my MacBook Pro, I have my doubts. Plenty of weird (but no serious) problems under OS X. 50+ hours to beat it sounds good though.

Creston wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:55:
No, actually, please take your time and make sure it's definitely ready to be released.

Good point, as well. Getting it done for all those platforms takes (too much) time.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2014, 05:26 Lord Tea

It's only a matter of time, money, the proper choice of trademark attorneys and persistence until Google's mission is accomplished.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Apr 1, 2014, 03:05 Lord Tea

So, Mr. Welsh is giving it a 9 out of 10. Interesting. But Mr. Welsh also gave the first incarnation of this turd of a game a 9 out of 10. Even more interesting. Thanks for the warning.  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
24. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 21, 2014, 05:48 Lord Tea

Thanks to AMD, Micro$oft openly admits DX 11 (as of 2014) is an outdated and inefficient API that doesn't allow modern hardware to perform at its full potential.

Without AMD's Mantle M$ couldn't have cared less. I think they even once said DX 11 would be the final version of DX. "If you wanna play games just buy our goddamn console already."

I hope by the end of 2015 there will be plenty of Mantle optimized titles out there, and since Nvidia is now feeling the pressure from AMD, they might even start coding their own NV-optimized API.

Competition. I'm loving it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 14, 2014, 03:31 Lord Tea

So, the best idea they can come up with to keep the NSA from spying through my webcam is to cover it up with a sticker.

Wow, not impressed.

1) Because I paid good cash to buy that webcam.
2) I actually want to use it from time to time.

Here is my suggestion on "How to Keep the NSA From Spying Through Your Webcam":

GET RID OF THE GODDAMN NSA.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2014, 01:52 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 20:35:
QFT....

First Snapchat now WhatsApp? I don't think the management at Facebook has a firm grasp on the value of money. They're like Dr. Evil trying to estimate how much is "a lot".

Lol! 16 billion for a messaging app. Wtf are they smokin' at Facebook?

Considering they just bought 450+ million phone numbers, email addresses and how they are all connected, they must be smoking some pretty good $hit. WhatsApp is data mining behemoth. Every bit of data (message, audio message, movie, picture) happily goes through their servers. Very smart move FB.

Lucky me, I have stopped using/deleted WhatsApp months ago and changed my phone number since. So, I'm not expecting a spam tsunami in the near future...

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2014, 04:03 Lord Tea

Borderlands 2 GOTY: Purchased. It's a lot of blowing-up-stuff for only $20. Happy.

A friend of mine has the vanilla version, looking forward to some great coop MP action.

342 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo