Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 11:26 Lord Tea

'Not Every Game Should Be 1080p' Says Xbox Head Phil Spencer.

As a PC gamer I agree wholeheartedly - some games should be 4k. It's 2014 after all.

UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
21. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 11:15 Lord Tea

jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 06:32:
Lord Tea wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 04:08:
Task wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:05:

Its time to get the Irrational Games team back together. Its time for System Shock 3. SHODAN is still out there... somewhere.

Not going to happen. The majority of people today prefer fast food (Bioshock) over depth (System Shock). They want to sit on their couch, relaxed, with a game controller in their hands. Not compatible with System Shock.

I think Kickstarter would say otherwise, assuming they could get the team and the rights.

Also, I like yer sig.

Honestly, I'd throw quite a bit of money at such a kickstarter, provided it's done by the right people (e.g. the original SS2 crew).

And... I actually hate my sig

UHD wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:58:
PHJF wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 09:51:
Guess I'm the only person who thought weapon degradation added to the game? The preferred way of handling combat, at least through the early game, was to avoid it. Once you got your weapon and repair skills up, degradation became pretty much a non issue.

Weapon degradation wasn't a bad idea. The trouble is it sort of shoehorns you into maintenance skills if you use any weapons at all because a weapon breaking on you mid-fight is a very, very bad thing. Resource management in SS2 was such a massive part of the game that having weapons in constant pristine condition made the game hilariously easier even on the hardest difficulty setting.

OSI players didn't really give a shit about it, though.

On the other hand OSI on highest difficulty was still harder than any other class by an order of magnitude.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
14. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 04:08 Lord Tea

Task wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:05:

Its time to get the Irrational Games team back together. Its time for System Shock 3. SHODAN is still out there... somewhere.

Not going to happen. The majority of people today prefer fast food (Bioshock) over depth (System Shock). They want to sit on their couch, relaxed, with a game controller in their hands. Not compatible with System Shock.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 26, 2014, 01:50 Lord Tea

Who’s banned from editing Wikipedia this week? Congress. A certain minimum level of honesty required.

HAHAH! Enough said.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
30. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 12:54 Lord Tea

Verno wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 09:48:
Enahs wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 09:39:
That 25 millions dollars he got as a bonus, could be used to pay each of those employees $833. It is irrelevant to the discussion.

I disagree but I suspect we're just going to delve off into everyones personal definition of capitalism. I do not take a bonus while people in my department are losing their jobs en masse regardless of how well our division is doing relative to the rest of the company.

Saying it is because Windows 8 or XBoxOne is doing bad, is just ignorant. They are not doing great, but they are not actually doing horrible either.

Literally one user said that, no one else.

... and even I was just making fun of MS.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 02:19 Lord Tea

They can blame that on Windows 8 and the Xbox One, two major products that are totally sub-standard.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 05:39 Lord Tea

Google NEVER forced me to use my real name, neither with Gmail nor with YouTube. Unless they believed "Lord Tea" is my real name  

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
8. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jul 4, 2014, 07:04 Lord Tea

InBlack wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 05:13:
Those damned, dirty pirates. Arrrrr.

Nah, they're not the problem. That's why they switched to consoles and console-piracy doesn't exist.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
12. Re: 165Mbps internet Jun 30, 2014, 03:07 Lord Tea

You’ll need 165Mbps internet in just 6 years, study finds

Sounds about right to me. 250 Mbps is the maximum one can get where I live. It's insanely expensive though.

News Comments > Metro Redux in August
10. Re: Metro Redux in August Jun 25, 2014, 10:11 Lord Tea

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 08:49:
Lord Tea wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 04:54:
I'm having the feeling that this is some lame attempt at making top dollar with games that have been available for quite some time. The Metro games have been on sale multiple times on Steam/Amazon, now they want $50 for both of them because of some added effects.

I'm interested in spartan mode.

Okay thanks for the link, the price makes more sense to me now.

News Comments > Metro Redux in August
8. Re: Metro Redux in August Jun 25, 2014, 04:54 Lord Tea

I'm having the feeling that this is some lame attempt at making top dollar with games that have been available for quite some time. The Metro games have been on sale multiple times on Steam/Amazon, now they want $50 for both of them because of some added effects.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 24, 2014, 02:05 Lord Tea

Cram wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 22:55:
Redmask wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 22:40:
Let them finish the game
When Will that be? All things considering.

Fixed.

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
45. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 23, 2014, 03:59 Lord Tea

Haven't played a Crytek game since their decision to develop for/focus on consoles....  

News Comments > All Backers Get Wasteland 2 Beta Access
7. Re: All Backers Get Wasteland 2 Beta Access Jun 20, 2014, 05:21 Lord Tea

Luke wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 04:58:
And ya all will still be beta tester when it is released Book

I'm glad this is Wasteland 2 and not Star Citizen

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 19, 2014, 02:28 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 00:36:
And my understanding is it's the same for Europe. So really it's absolutely pointless outside of the US. So how are they to compete with Apple, Samsung, Google, MS, which are all truly global.

Your understanding is absolutely correct. Amazon has been misleading European customers for quite a while with false advertisement and features that are simply not part of the package. The good thing is, more and more people notice that they're being screwed over and a shitstorm is about to launch in Amazon's face.

On a side note: When I moved to Europe from the US my Amazon music library was gone - for good. "This service is only available in the United States." Thank you Amazon. Interestingly, ALL my itunes licenses were/are perfectly available here in Europe. Ever since I keep telling everybody here to stay away from Amazon cloud services.

And their Fire-phone is doomed to fail because of their decision to launch the thing in the US only. No one in the rest of the world will give a flying fuck about that phone in half a year...

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Delayed Again
16. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Delayed Again Jun 13, 2014, 05:30 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:14:
So glad I didn't back this.

I actually regret backing Wasteland 2 instead of this. Had I spent the same amount of money on TTON instead of W2, I'd have been playing Wasteland 2 from August, and then TTON sometime next year. They could've thrown in a free copy of TTON for Wasteland 2 backers with a certain minimum pledge.

I'll enjoy playing W2 for certain but I learned from my mistake.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 03:09 Lord Tea

Apple Is Banning Apps That Reward Social Sharing and App Promotion

Apple should have banned IAPs instead. Those have become a cancer out of control, especially the >$3/pay-to-win ones.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
37. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 14:13 Lord Tea

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 13:57:
Xil wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:22:
The masses get bored faster, would Snowden still have been able to keep the steady flow of news going if he had stayed in the USA, if not then he would have been yesterdays news pretty fast and to be honest give it a few more months and he will be, that dude that..... He still paying the price of living in exile for the rest of his life but I guess it beats Guantanamo bay or where ever they would have whisked him off too.

Snowden and Greenwald's strategy to continuously trickle stuff out over 1.5 years has been quite genius. They've managed to keep it in the news on nearly a weekly basis since the story broke.

And despite the continuous flow of shocking news little to nothing is happening here in Europe. It almost feels like most European governments are happily in bed with the US government. Or they're too scared to act.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 11:35 Lord Tea

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:52:
Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:09:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:02:
Look guilty? He IS guilty. He broke the law. He's not a "traitor", but he's definitely a coward. He had a great opportunity to stand for something bigger than himself and be a symbol for what the people want. Less intrusion. the vast majority of Americans were outraged by what was/is going on. He blew it for himself and for everyone else, tbh.

I don't know, if you look at how past whistleblowers have been treated by the government and the scope of what he broke info on I can totally understand fearing for your safety and fleeing. The deck is loaded against whistleblowers, the protections are inadequate and the legal reprisals can be significant, that's without getting into the grey area shit the government can get into. Maybe he wasn't thinking about his place in history and was instead worrying about the safety of his family and himself, a pretty human thing to do.

I think it's really easy to criticize his convictions and courage but putting myself on the other side of it I can easily see why. How many of us would do any different? He's not exactly living the life of luxury either. Being exiled to Russia away from friends and family potentially forever is pretty significant.

I think he should have stayed but at the same time I can't really blame him for not doing so.

nor can I, and I might have also made the same decision, except for where to run to. I mean, China AND Russia? Christ. At least try Ecuador.

Oh, don't you think China/Russia are somewhat more "resistant" to political pressure from the US than Ecuador? The whole EU crapped its pants when Snowden knocked on the door a year ago.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 8, 2014, 04:18 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 16:18:
QFT....

"Why stop at D-Day? Let's insist on memorializing major battles of every war throughout history! /s

People really need to stop it with the putting soldiers on a pedestal nonsense. While D-day was an important event in Western history, it's not so important that it needs to be the foremost thing on people's minds 70 years later."

I'm so tired of the War Machine trying to glorify war when the end result is people dying needlessly and the taxpayers being robbed mercilessly when there are so many other important areas that money should be spent. No soldier has ever lifted a finger in defense of me in my lifetime. But they have invaded plenty of sovereign nations at the behest of big multi-national corporations, so I don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to be thanking them for, because it sure as shit isn't my freedom or the people being exploited by those multi-nationals in those countries.

"It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber." - Robert Fulghum

[sarcasm]

Wrong forum dude. (Because it's American, Google is an American company, and Americans love everything WAR. Ever read or even listened to Mr. Key's poem?)

[/sarcasm]

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo