Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lord Tea

Real Name Lord Tea   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2009, 18:19
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 54690

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Getaway Day Interviews
18. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 28, 2014, 02:21 Lord Tea

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 09:38:
Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 08:36:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:46:
Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:29:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 04:12:
Im getting Elite on release and all the rest be damned. Im gonna trade my way to the biggest ship in the game, and then Im gonna fly off to the center of the galaxy and check out the supermassive black hole in the middle.

Oh, they'll even bring the black hole to you when they decide to shut down the servers for good... in five to ten years.

If Im playing this game five years from now it's going to be like the best game ever created in the history of gaming ever. I seriously doubt that a 50$ game will hold my attention for that long, even a space sim, I dont think any game has held my attention for that long except for maybe TF2 which I come back to every few years or so for a few months/weeks at a time.

Nice try though.

Little black holes also might pop up unexpectedly upon disconnect.

When they inevitably do, Im just gonna roleplay the shit out of the spacetime disconnects caused by those pesky singularities and wait for them to clear up.

Thumbsup

UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 08:36 Lord Tea

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:46:
Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:29:
Im getting Elite on release and all the rest be damned. Im gonna trade my way to the biggest ship in the game, and then Im gonna fly off to the center of the galaxy and check out the supermassive black hole in the middle.

Oh, they'll even bring the black hole to you when they decide to shut down the servers for good... in five to ten years.

If Im playing this game five years from now it's going to be like the best game ever created in the history of gaming ever. I seriously doubt that a 50$ game will hold my attention for that long, even a space sim, I dont think any game has held my attention for that long except for maybe TF2 which I come back to every few years or so for a few months/weeks at a time.

Nice try though.

Little black holes also might pop up unexpectedly upon disconnect.

13. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 07:29 Lord Tea

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 25, 2014, 03:46 Lord Tea

Pretty much nothing is true 1080p on the Xbox One so who cares?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 12:49 Lord Tea

Julio wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:11:
No longer interested in this MMO. Curious whether they'll go full microtransaction and in-game advertisment modes after release.

I never was interested in an MMO that E:D turned out to be. Pretty sure there will be microtransactions, in-game ads, lockups upon disconnect, and, when they finally decide to shut down the servers in a few years, they shut down your license too. After all they said the whole E:D universe is so fvcking dynamic - it absolutely needs to be kept alive by a permanent connection. Thanks but no thanks, not going to deal with all that garbage.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
212. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 10:38 Lord Tea

Killcrit wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 08:07:
All this nonsense is solvable. It's simple. Don't fund kickstarters. It all goes back to the expression, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Alas, I have to agree. Apparently I was very lucky with the only two games I backed, Wasteland 2 and Battle Worlds: Kronos. Both delivered what they promised, and without DRM.

The E:D(RM) disaster definitely hurts the idea of crowdfunding.

194. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 06:49 Lord Tea

Grokk wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 02:06:
They should scrap the online thing, allow updates via a web service type API for the people that want to use it, and be done with it.

At this stage of development I doubt it's possible. They screwed a lot of backers by telling them way too late.

89. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:13 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 16:49:
Spot on assessment. That's why I'm waiting for the delicious shitstorm that's going to come when Roberts pulls this shit. I fully expected this from Roberts from the get-go which is why I didn't back it, but I didn't think Braben would pull this shit. What a bone-headed move! Unless they do a 180 in double-quick time this will bankrupt them and they'll never make another game again because no one would but it. Stupid is, as stupid does sir.

One would think that Roberts is drowning in cash already but if Braben gets away with this shit Roberts might get the same or a similar "brilliant" idea - can't have enough money, can you?

Anyways, I'm so glad I didn't back this game (and I was so close to doing it) and I've already removed it from my to-buy list.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 10, 2014, 04:49 Lord Tea

Mac Hits Market Share Milestone in U.S. (What Post-PC Era?)

That's all nice but globally speaking Macs only get a tiny piece of the pie. So, who really cares?

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store
9. Re: Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store Nov 8, 2014, 10:48 Lord Tea

This isn't the Redux, is it?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 04:01 Lord Tea

Darn, I'm still playing Wasteland 2 and now Grimrock 2 is here. Guess the sleepless nights won't stop for a while...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2014, 04:41 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 10:11:
US corporate greed will break the internet.

Exactly. Summing up the article: We don't give a flying fuck about people's privacy UNTIL this ongoing surveillance scandal starts hurting our businesses (and therefore our top dollar salaries).

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
91. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 10, 2014, 04:28 Lord Tea

Stimpack wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 09:40:
This "designed for 30 FPS" business needs to stop. Try designing for 60 FPS.

As long as people are throwing tons of cash at consoles: I guarantee you it won't.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
24. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 10, 2014, 03:28 Lord Tea

Final Fantasy XIII has been optimised for PC Xbox One, featuring full screen support and running sometimes at up to 60FPS

fixed.

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
9. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 9, 2014, 15:48 Lord Tea

Looks like some of you guys will not finish the 2nd game either. I did beat the first one and had a blast. Can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 02:22 Lord Tea

I have seen enough trailers and I remain sceptical.

Everything is sweet in these previews but but most of the focus will probably be on the POS consoles.The PC version won't look much better an will still run like ass. That's a scenario I'm very afraid of.

At this moment I'm glad I have NOT pre-ordered.

Give us the game already and I might change my mind.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
15. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 12:52 Lord Tea

Surprise, surprise. Savegames from the last beta load just fine in the final version! Aaaaaaw whatever, going to start from scatch

Sniper rifles are waaaaaay more lethal now with the new headshot option. Instakills galore...

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
17. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 05:14 Lord Tea

As a backer of W2 I feel I'd qualify for a free copy of TToN.  

News Comments > Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced
6. Re: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced Sep 4, 2014, 04:08 Lord Tea

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 21:53:
Vogel really needs to learn to use Unity and actually hire a few real artists.

Good point. If they used a more modern Unity engine for a change I'd actually give it a shot. As it's always has been and still is with most of the Spiderweb games, I feel thrown back into the early 90s - graphically. Sad, because the games are decent old school RPGs.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
7. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 12:44 Lord Tea

Star Citizen reaches $xyz Million.

And who yawned?

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo