Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kyle Smith

Real Name Kyle Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname briktal
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 6, 2009, 18:41
Total Comments 472 (Amateur)
User ID 54674

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 11:03 briktal

Hellbinder wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 10:30:
yaaay yet another game that teaches 6-12 year old (and all ages) the sheer enjoyment of being a complete scum sucking thief, violent abuser of innocent people and criminal.

but of course go ahead flame away about your personal right to corrupt your mind with as much filth as possible and how none of these violent games, movies and music children are pumping into there heads for countless hours a day, week and year is having no effect at all on our youth or society.

and don't give me lame excuses about it having an M rating because the years of abuse people have already put in their heads with this trash has already blinded them to any sense of decency on why their 4 year old shouldn't be encouraged to play act out violence on innocent people.

(i know, i know... im an idiot a loser a fool who doesn't know what im talking about,,, meanwhile 12 year old's are pushing shopping carts from 4 stories up an innocent lady and they are laughing and telling jokes to each other about it.)

The thing is, there are a lot of places where people live that have few if any 4+ story buildings. How can a kid drop a cart that far if he can't get that high up? Maybe you should visit a little place we like to call the fact zone before you click the post button next time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Origin Spyware Accusations
47. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 2, 2011, 10:39 briktal

Verno wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 09:05:
briktal wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 08:54:
On the other hand, what important influence does EA theoretically knowing you have program x installed have in the stuff that really matters in their lives?

Come on, you're smarter than this. I don't need to know all of the theoretical possibilities to know that I don't want someone having access to information that they have no right to. Using your logic, if it doesn't matter at all then they don't need to have it in the first place. Where do you draw the line of what matters and doesn't? Would scanning configuration files to figure out user preferences be ok? If they promise to make it "non-identifiable" is it ok if they mine the registry or your browser cookies?

And taking this back to your original statement, where do you draw the line of what matters and doesn't where you would agree to let some company gather all this information in order for you to access something. You say playing a game isn't important enough for you to hand over this info, so what is?

News Comments > WoW Guardian Cub Tradable Pet Available
8. Re: WoW Guardian Cub Tradable Pet Available Nov 2, 2011, 10:33 briktal

Sempai wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 07:06:
Grokk wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 02:39:
Sempai wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 23:58:
To a single character? Is this not going backwards Bliztard?

Honestly what the fuck are you people smoking over there?

Jesus Christ the idiocy/greed of Blizzard is nearing epic proportions.

Yeah, it sucks that everyone must buy one of these to continue playing the game right. What a scam!!

*sigh*

My point being every other wow pet available to purchase on Blizzy's site for $10 bucks a wack is bind on account, but this one is special, it binds to a single toon only, which makes 0 sense..oh wait, it means MORE MONEY!

Yeah, I'm way off base here.

So while I agree with you looking at the big picture, this shit screams greed and fu all over it.

In theory, the pet changes in the exapansion will make this less of an issue. Of course, that's also 6+ months away.

36. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 2, 2011, 08:54 briktal

ASeven wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 08:44:
Don't know what's sadder: That people will allow this to happen just to play a game that in the end doesn't have any important influence in the stuff that really matters in their lives, that there are people defending this, or that the way EA tries to justify itself for breaching user's privacy so horribly and treating its users like shit.

On the other hand, what important influence does EA theoretically knowing you have program x installed have in the stuff that really matters in their lives?

32. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 2, 2011, 08:15 briktal

So how long do I have to wait until I see Origin scanning my things?  

News Comments > Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology
22. Re: Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology Oct 28, 2011, 13:30 briktal

killer_roach wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 13:17:
Metasparks wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 11:24:
Sincerity at its finest.

Translation: Please don't sue us, please don't picket our offices, please don't start an Internet-wide smear campaign against us...

Amazing is the power of reputational blackmail.

Maybe people should've just done this for the MW2 and L4D2 boycotts.

News Comments > More on World of Darkness
7. Re: More on World of Darkness Oct 28, 2011, 13:28 briktal

I wonder how much they gutted the Atlanta office. It sounded to me like they pulled as many EVE people out of there and over to Iceland as they could.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2011, 16:58 briktal

Tumbler wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 13:20:
And I think reviewers should disclose what they play on for that reason. Or, more likely, reviewers should play on what they feel their audience will play on.

Not sure if it matters but the reviewer wrote a follow up to this:

Blog

To clarify, there are three stages in SideScroller. In both casual and normal mode, when you complete all three stages you unlock the "last stage." So I played through this last stage on both difficulties.

To me it just looks like the devs were furious about getting a 6.5 from IGN and decided to try and make the reviewer look stupid. In the end it makes me think this game is more complicated than it's worth. Stages don't unlock on easy mode? There is no ending unless you play it on normal? There is an ending? Bah.

This is not a good way to get people to buy your game and Pixeljunk ends up looking unprofessional.

Wonder what others gave this...checking metacritic...oh my. IGN is the only review. Moving on.

There are three basic explanations. One is what you said. A second is that the reviewer did only play it on casual but maybe replayed it on normal after this blew up. The other is similar to the first, but the dev is instead upset that the reviewer wasn't impressed by the "epic ending sequence."

9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2011, 11:23 briktal

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:11:
Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:09:
briktal wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:03:
The IGN thing sounds like a minor issue with one point in a review was twisted into pretty standard small-guy sympathy marketing. Who is supposed to be the bad guy in this?

Uhhhh IGN? Did you read the quoted text? If he had criticized them for not making a better Casual difficulty playthrough then that would be one thing but he said they omitted having a final stage, the developer corrected him and he lied about it saying he did complete it on Normal. After all that he edited his review to remove the text where he made the assertion. So yeah while I'm not going to go run out and buy their game or host a pity party it seems pretty clear cut IGN fucked up here.

Yeah. Playing the game on casual? Not too big of a deal. Having to amend the review because you played it on casual? Not too big of a deal, especially if the game withholds content from casual players without letting them know.

Lying about playing on casual? Big deal.
Amending a review without a "correction" statement explaining why it was amended, particularly if fessing up to a mistake? Big deal.

The reviewer made two huge mistakes that turn nothing into something.

To really know how big a deal the playing on casual thing was, I'd need to see exactly what the ending thing is. I can't tell if it's a whole level or just a cutscene or what from the discussion. But it's hard to put all the blame for this on the reviewer when you have the developer on twitter saying "Your review is inaccurate, there is a better ending if you play on normal" then "Oh my god you removed the inaccurate part of the review that is so unprofessional."

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2011, 11:03 briktal

The IGN thing sounds like a minor issue with one point in a review was twisted into pretty standard small-guy sympathy marketing. Who is supposed to be the bad guy in this?  

News Comments > EA: Syndicate Remake Possible
21. Re: EA: Syndicate Remake Possible Oct 25, 2011, 10:25 briktal

DedEye wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 08:47:
I wonder why there appears to be so much resistance to isometeric turn based strategy? Some of the best games in history are in this format.

Why bring up that genre when Syndicate is only one of those three?

News Comments > EA: Syndicate Remake Possible
4. Re: EA: Syndicate Remake Possible Oct 24, 2011, 23:13 briktal

A Syndicate strategy game could be interesting. I'm not sure the original game would translate all that well to the genre though.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2011, 16:12 briktal

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 15:20:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 14:24:
Creston, we have the technology...

65" plasma, 2 LCD projectors, NFL Season Ticket, my friends and I have been watching EVERY NFL game for a while now. This will be the sixth year.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with the game they're showing on Sunday night, which is the ONLY game they're showing on Sunday Night, which is AGAIN the Colts, even though they suck beyond comparison with Manning out, and even though we're now in week 7 and they are still sticking to their schedule for whatever reason.

Shit, even Major League Baseball can figure out how to change Sunday night games if the teams they have lined up suck, and Bud Selig still sends out memos via a fucking pigeon.

Yet despite the multi-billion dollars for TV rights that change hands, in the NFL apparently NBC (or ESPN for MNF) is not allowed to say after a few weeks, "Yeah, that Colts game we've got lined up for the 23rd? How about we change that one."

Creston

The NFL can change those games, but not until week 11. The Colts/Pats game Dec 4th (Week 13) will probably not be played on Sunday night.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
29. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 00:56 briktal

Shok wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:14:
uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.

/snark Lemme guess, the wandering isle will house the few dozen daily quests you wander around and do? /snark

I bought the cata expansion, not gonna make that mistake again...

Actually it's a giant turtle. It's the Pandaren starting zone.

Also, does WoW really need pokemon?

News Comments > On World of Darkness
4. Re: On World of Darkness Oct 20, 2011, 22:46 briktal

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 20:38:
Hrm, what was it Hudson said in Aliens again?

"Why don't you put her in charge?"

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up
5. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 12:44 briktal

Viranth wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 12:09:
Why do these things always happen RIGHT before the launch? Get on every media outlet so people buy their game?

Because that's when the early reviews come out.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Web Series Begins
16. Re: Dragon Age II Web Series Begins Oct 12, 2011, 11:27 briktal

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 08:08:
But unlike joss whedon she has puppy eyes, nobody can resist ze puppy eyes!

And she's a really good driver.

News Comments > RAGE Interview
53. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 5, 2011, 10:10 briktal

Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 09:08:
I've managed to overcome most of the technical problems and play the game for a bit last night. I like the gunplay and the enemy AI but the game feels like a cardboard mashup of Borderlands and Fallout. There is simply no life to the world or characters really. Story has never been an id strong suit but in this case it's really glaring because there is a huge potential for a better experience here.

I did really enjoy enemy AI that presents an actual challenge though. They get shot, react realistically, duck/dive/hide behind objects and try to bait you into traps. That and the FPS play itself is quite fun, the wingblades are a really fun tool especially.

It sounds like id tried to create this big, open, story driven game but had to scale some things back and/or couldn't pull it off. How much people like the game is likely to be based on how much they find the failed story and setting take away from the art and shooting gameplay.

News Comments > Payday: The Heist Delayed
6. Re: Payday: The Heist Delayed Oct 4, 2011, 10:13 briktal

Dirwulf wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 20:57:
Its better to delay than ship a buggy mess. Are you listening EA?

Delays for quality are fine but delays that come out a day before the original release date are worrying.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2
10. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 08:53 briktal

Lobster wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 08:48:
Is that why he made Bad Company 2: CoD Edition and called it BF3?

What makes BF3 more "Call of Duty" than BC2?

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo