Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kyle Smith

Real Name Kyle Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname briktal
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 6, 2009, 18:41
Total Comments 475 (Amateur)
User ID 54674

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 12:06 briktal

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 11:50:
How anyone could think they could make money off of Mojang's property just shows how ignorant many people are.

Watched the kids play on some of these pay to play servers and I told them to avoid them, they were blatantly illegal.

But you are allowed to make money off Minecraft servers, just not through was Mojang deems are pay-to-win methods.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
2. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 10:41 briktal

The 2011 layoffs incited a lot of anger. A lot. I heard it was worse in the ATL office, and most of the folks I know down there have never forgiven CCP's management.

Boy is that true.

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
2. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 11:09 briktal

Even better, there was only ONE English language EU PVP server.  

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
10. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 14:07 briktal

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:27:
Well that was a rather boring read. Newell's answers are (mostly) botlike. Got the jive that he would rather be doing anything else with his time...

That's basically every AMA on reddit, at least with a "known" person.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
20. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 00:24 briktal

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:51:
For some people, yes. 1-90 is the point and the pleasure of the game. It is for me. For others, though, it is the end-game. They want the level 90 character for raiding, for heroics, for PvP.

As to 'pay to win', forget it. Someone who levels from 1 to 90 will have a huge advantage over someone who starts at 90 and has to learn dozens of skills and abilities, their interactions and rare utility from scratch.

1) Leveling isn't so bad the first time. It's not so fun the 4th or 10th time through the same content.

2) You don't use most of your abilities while leveling, you'll rarely fight a single target for more than 10-15 seconds to even get a chance to use the best rotation, and even when you do you'll probably be missing a core ability in that rotation until level 80+.

News Comments > Editorial on Kickstarter Communication
15. Re: Editorial on Kickstarter Communication Feb 22, 2014, 17:43 briktal

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 12:07:
'Oh yeah, right! There's a bunch of people who hate the idea of what we're doing and are waiting to pounce on us if we make a single mistake'.

Again, why does this matter? Tim doesn't seem to get the idea that non-backers *ARE*NOT*IMPORTANT* when you've Kickstarted a game. Make whatever the people who already gave you money want you to make. And if they're fine with you releasing it in two parts, then release it in two parts, and to hell with the rest of the world. If they wanted a say, they should've put up some money.

InXile understands this far, far better than Double Fine does.

Your backers are the people who preordered the game. Imagine someone saying that people who didn't preorder Game X *ARE*NOT*IMPORTANT*.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups Tonight
8. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Tonight Feb 11, 2014, 20:12 briktal

theglaze wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 20:10:
Should one assume this will be Xbone only?

The site is live now http://www.titanfall.com/beta

PC (requires Origin account) and Xbone.

News Comments > ESO Imperial Edition Outed
1. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 09:43 briktal

You forgot the biggest part:

"The Imperial Edition will also have exclusive digital content including the ability to play as an Imperial in any alliance"

Buy the CE and get access to a whole new race.

News Comments > Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed
9. Re: Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed Jan 25, 2014, 23:03 briktal

panbient wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 17:19:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 17:04:
One person is "not writing on the wall."

No... but relocating 10-15 people from a division certainly IS some sort of writing on the wall. Especially where it's described as a "major portion" of the team. That seems pretty indicative of a coming office shutdown.

It's entirely possible that they inherited that SF office space when they bought the IGN Pro League stuff last year and they just left everyone there until the lease ran out.

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
10. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 22:58 briktal

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 14:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 10:57:
I played on Area 52 -- the issue there was the population was 9 to 1 Horde, fortunately I was Horde. Wonder if that is still the case...
Quite a few servers like that going by wowprogress. Malganis is the same way which is where I was, it's something like 9.9999:1 Horde. I actually think there's enough alliance on there they could form a 10 man raiding guild, but that's about it.

Blizzard has said that, overall, there are more Horde players on PVP realms and more Alliance on PVE realms.

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
8. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 10:17 briktal

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 09:52:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 09:22:
My guess -- $19.99 to upgrade to level 90.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Blizz, they are such a shill company. They will money grab you any way they can.

The thing is, without this feature, people could still pay to upgrade multiple characters to 90. They'd just have to buy a new copy of them game and expansion (probably $40+) and then pay $25 to transfer it to their main account.

News Comments > Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed
9. Re: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed Jan 4, 2014, 22:13 briktal

Fletch wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 13:18:
"Bring us back to the great days of MMOs."
When was that, exactly?

Either now, or before you had ever played an MMO.

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
21. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 22:18 briktal

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 13:41:
NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:33:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:23:
Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:13:
I guess we have very different ideas about what constitutes "frequent", particularly as it applies to when one pays a monthly fee for a service.

Not to mention that "have to rework the game pretty significantly to make it f2p".

There's nothing to rework, remove the price tag, done.

Christ I hope you don't run a business.

Not as ignorant as you think. WoW already has a cash shop in place, which they use to generate profits IN ADDITION to sub fees. They would literally have to turn off subscription services and just start putting more stuff on the cash shop in order to pay for the servers.

There are tons of games doing that very thing, so don't tell me WoW can't. They WON'T because, derp, they make a fuckton of money that no shareholder would approve of them giving up.

Sure they could do that, but they'd have to put more stuff on there first. They can't just flip the switch and instantly have a successful F2P game.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
31. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 00:09 briktal

Scheherazade wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 00:04:
I just want PvP / Arenas with pre-determined gear sets.

So you can join, and just PvP to your heart's content, and everyone is on an even footing.

Like they do in the tournaments - but for everyone who wants to play like that.

I just wanna fight. I don't care about the gear grind and B.S. you gotta do to stay competitive.
I just want a WoW PvP sandbox.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the old SS vs TM world PvP.
It was some of the most fun I've had in any multiplayer game.
But back then, even the best gear in the game was only a little better than quest blues.
The stat inflation has ruined the game, IMO.

-scheherazade

That is apparently the way arenas are going to work in the next expansion. World PVP and Battlegrounds will still give honor you buy gear with, but arenas will give you all the gear.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
30. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 08:01 briktal

Lorcin wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 22:56:
So in order we had:

WOW: Quite successful generic fantasy MMO
BC: Mainly disappointing demon land
WOTLK: Awesome norse inspired land (and series high)
BC: Should've been free update to original territories (they could take the cash hit then and done it for free instead of charging)
MOP: Kung fu panda inspired kid friendly shite

The old world updates in Cata were free, just the new 80-85 stuff and new races required the expansion.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
13. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 11:42 briktal

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 09:36:
"new match-making algorithm"

How many times has mankind attempted match-making and possibly has never done it well? And if so, why isn't everyone using the same logic by now? It's like the impossible feat. If congress wants to be up in arms about any code, it should be match-making code.

My theory is that we've figured out matchmaking but they know people will always complain about it so every now and then they say they have improved it.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
26. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 20:01 briktal

NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 18:24:
People complaining about a $15 game with a budget of under $10,000 being short and having a crap ending? Wow.

It's not that it is short and has a bad ending, it's that the game throws up a quick text end screen after going through a nondescript door halfway through the game.

Here's a LP of the last little bit

News Comments > The Phoenix Project - City of Titans Kickstarter
5. Re: The Phoenix Project - City of Titans Kickstarter Oct 2, 2013, 22:30 briktal

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:30:
They could get a few million and still won't get this done...at all. All volunteers? Lol! Best of luck with that. I'd love a new superhero game - not MMO - but you'd have to be a fool to give these people dime one.

As I saw on another site: "cant wait to see how many renders of AK47s they can get up on their PHPNuke site"

News Comments > BattleForge Closing After Next Month
17. Re: BattleForge Closing After Next Month Sep 8, 2013, 08:51 briktal

Slashman wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 18:59:
PropheT wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 13:00:
NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 11:55:
How many truly fantastic games are forever gone because they required an online infrastructure which was shut down? I can't think of even one off the top of my head. Maybe with more thought...

City of Heroes.

I'm having trouble thinking of another one, though I expect Warhammer Online is on the chopping block before too long here (and I don't know how many people would agree with me that it was great).

Yeah but that was an MMO. There is no way that an MMO will go on forever. Although in the case of City of Heroes, that shutdown was just plain old stupidity and greed at work.

While that's true, there haven't been many non-terrible MMOs that have been shut down.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
27. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 13:43 briktal

I assume the main complication would be dealing with everyone's RMAH balances. There's currently no way to transfer money out of your wallet, you have to specify cash out (via PayPal) on a per-auction basis, and that method isn't available in all regions the RMAH is available.  

475 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo