Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cthulhu
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 30, 2008, 21:10
Total Comments 117 (Novice)
User ID 54665

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Defiance is SyFy/Trion MMOG
11. Re: Defiance is SyFy/Trion MMOG Mar 24, 2011, 00:51 Cthulhu

Lol.... the Blues News crowd is SO predictable.... Mention, no just think about the Sci-Fi Channel aloud and it will take some random poster what, 9 posts to make a disparaging pro wrestling reference....?

The WWE & Pro Wrestling don't make Sci-Fi a shitty channel, the Sci-Fi channel does a well enough job of that on their own....

2 words: Area 51.... Shudders.....

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 479'S, 12643'W Cthulhu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Stock Offer
12. Re: Interstellar Marines Stock Offer Feb 27, 2011, 11:41 Cthulhu

Wow... I had to read this thread twice to make sure I was seeing things correctly, but appears that it only took 5 posts in this thread before the BluesNews Nazis came out to play.

Certainly not a record by any means but still it's clear that some people prefer to offer wild assumptions on legal matters in evidence as fact.

Here's a thought for all the second guessers out there trash talking this idea before it even gets started.... Why not instead of posting baseless drivel before thinking, maybe next time do a little research FIRST so as to avoid the eventual embarrassment that comes from speaking without really knowing about the subject matter at hand.

IANAL, but if the guy wants to run his company this way then he's certainly entitled to do so as while it may not be the best way to gain financing, it's certainly not much of a risk to the investors and is 100% legal as well as being pretty damn innovative and clever...

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2011, 11:48.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2010, 14:13 Cthulhu

*Only* 7 peppers 3 of which are habaneros??? Blue.... lol THAT'LL teach 'em....That's a meltdown in the making no matter what.

Still sounds good tho. Maybe you should start selling it... "Blues Blastin Chilli" kinda has a nice ring to it...

News Comments > Star Trek Deep Space Nine MMOG Announced
15. Re: Star Trek Deep Space Nine MMOG Announced Sep 28, 2010, 15:36 Cthulhu

scorpius wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 14:57:
I can't imagine the DS9 storyline being a good basis to make a MMOG. Basically there isn't much open ended which could be explored.

So it would have to be something totally new, that's a huge risk. I will give it a try though.
Did you forget about the Gamma Quadrant....? That's a whole largly untapped 1/4th of the Galaxy that they had barely began to explore before they stumbled across the Dominion.....

News Comments > Planet Michael MMOG Announced
15. Re: Planet Michael MMOG Announced Sep 22, 2010, 11:24 Cthulhu

nin wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 10:55:
A MMO designed with molestation in mind!

No.... It's a molestation simulator... Get it right!

News Comments > GOG.com in Flux
35. Re: GOG.com in Flux Sep 20, 2010, 01:16 Cthulhu

A sad day indeed if it turns out to be true and they're gone for good...

I'm glad I got the entire Might & Magic Collection from them... A classic piece of RPG Gaming that may soon be gone for ever...

News Comments > SAGA Going Free-to-Play
5. Re: SAGA Going Free-to-Play Sep 14, 2010, 02:49 Cthulhu

Angry wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 16:01:
The name of the game is SAGA, not the company. Moron
umadbro?

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
1. Re: EVGA Precision only works w/ EVGA Video Cards Sep 6, 2010, 13:05 Cthulhu

Just an FYI, dont make the mistake I originally did in thinking that this works w/ ANY Nvidia card because it doesn't.

EVGA, once again, sets itself apart from the rest with the EVGA Exclusive Precision Overclocking Utility. This program allows you to fine tune your EVGA graphics card for the maximum performance possible, with Core/Shader/Memory clock tuning, real time monitoring support including in-game, Logitech Keyboard LCD Display support, and compatibility with almost all EVGA graphics cards.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
48. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 4, 2010, 13:55 Cthulhu

It's simple: All of the haters will continue to hate on DNF until it comes out then trash it after seeing it first hand...

Why?

Because it positively sucks to think you've been right for SO LONG, then all of a sudden the cold b!tch slap of reality comes in and smacks 'em all. Suddenly there's a real probability of all their post count inflating posts over the years ridiculing DNF coming back to bite them in their collective asses and it makes them crazy just thinking about it...

Jon St. John is going to be the voice of Duke again in DNF so at this point all I will say is: All Hail the King Baby, Duke is in the house!!

News Comments > Game Addiction Lawsuit Progresses in Spite of EULA
25. Re: Game Addiction Lawsuit Progresses in Spite of EULA Sep 2, 2010, 11:47 Cthulhu

kxmode wrote on Sep 2, 2010, 10:42:
Cthulhu wrote on Sep 2, 2010, 02:17:
TheDrifter73 wrote on Sep 2, 2010, 01:42:
Seriously, if it is considered addictive, and yet it doesn't addict me, then it's defective and I WANTS ME MONEYS!
Ahhhhh... the classic Chewbacca defense.... Bold move sir! Biggrin

I don't get it. Is that referencing the scene where Han tells Chewy to "Get in there you big furry oaf, I don't care WHAT you smell!" Confused
Whoa.... I'm guessing that SOMEONE's not a Southpark fan....

Too pop culturish for you?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xywqv1cDH8&feature=related

12. Re: Game Addiction Lawsuit Progresses in Spite of EULA Sep 2, 2010, 02:17 Cthulhu

TheDrifter73 wrote on Sep 2, 2010, 01:42:
Seriously, if it is considered addictive, and yet it doesn't addict me, then it's defective and I WANTS ME MONEYS!
Ahhhhh... the classic Chewbacca defense.... Bold move sir! Biggrin

7. Re: Game Addiction Lawsuit Progresses in Spite of EULA Sep 1, 2010, 23:02 Cthulhu

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 22:37:
Verno wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 22:28:
I think there's some merit to the lawsuit, not much granted but some. Wasn't it an MMO company awhile ago(Blizzard? can't remember) who employed a psychologist to help tailor design so that rewards promoted activity in the addiction centers of the brain. I remember there was a big controversy about that whole thing a few years back then it got hushed up real fast.

Hushed up? I thought that was simple common knowledge. Sony's devs basically admitted that they did that all the way back in Everquest.

Creston
Any number of dead Korean binge gamers can attest to this as being truth....Playing 48-72 hours or longer non-stop in one sitting must be fueling SOME kind of pattern of addiction...

I play WoW but the longest I've ever played at one time is *maybe* 3 or 4 hrs tops to get through a particularly tough raid w/o wiping in ICC 10...

News Comments > LucasArts Layoffs
3. Re: LucasArts Layoffs Sep 1, 2010, 22:56 Cthulhu

+1 for each comment above (or below) mine....  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Dropping support for PPC Macs
8. Re: World of Warcraft Dropping support for PPC Macs Aug 31, 2010, 00:04 Cthulhu

Trashy wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 22:34:
WoW came out before Macs decided to get lame. Once Apple switched to Intel hardware I lost any small shred of interest I had in Apple computers.
Lol.... wut?

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
31. Re: Analyst: Mafia II Aug 30, 2010, 23:50 Cthulhu

A wise man once said that "Controversy Creates Cash"....Looks like he's right as how many of the posters in this thread said they'd buy the game only after hearing Pachter spout his BS....?  

News Comments > Captains of Darktide Offline, Moving
8. Re: Captains of Darktide Offline, Moving Aug 30, 2010, 19:26 Cthulhu

kxmode wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 14:27:
That's exactly what they just said they were doing: the game is in the process of being moved to new hosting facilities. They only say the game is moving, not their old servers. They have to migrate their databases, code and whatnot off the old server and onto the new. From my experience a dynamic website takes about a week. I'd imagine for an MMO it would take several weeks.
From http://www.playdarktide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84

"To facilitate the move to the new state of the art hosting facilities and to get CoDT integrated with all the cool features of the new publisher, we will be taking down the servers for a while."

This does not tell me that they are only moving the game. If it was only the game it's self, that could be sent overnight to the new publisher on a Hard Drive(s)and plugged in to the new hardware (if there was any) with almost zero down time.

It would not and should not take several weeks to "move the game" unless the game hardware was going with it and it was being shipped to a new location in a different country....

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this game was grabbed by NCSoft Korea or one of the other Korean MMORPG Grindhouses... It would explain the delay and at least w/ NCSoft Korea it fits their level of iron control over a title once they acquire it

News Comments > Captains of Darktide Offline, Moving
5. Re: Captains of Darktide Offline, Moving Aug 29, 2010, 19:25 Cthulhu

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 29, 2010, 16:32:
I'm still confused as to how taking the game offline makes good business sense.
Well... how else do you the servers are going to get to their new home, fly there themselves? They have to be moved before the game can be brought back up so "business sense" is meaningless here....

My take is that since it's gonna take weeks for them to get to where they are going to ultimately end up, they are probably going to a different country then the one they're currently in, so there will be customs and import duties and inspections and whatnot so those servers are gonna be dark for the next little while.. The new overlords that are moving the game probably don't care how much $$$ is made or lost until they get it all back up and running again.

I hope they make it up to their player base somehow.... would only be the right thing to do...Just imagine the utter chaos if Blizz ever tried to move WoW like that.... They're be rioting on the streets of Stormwind...'Fo-'Sho...

News Comments > Substream Announced
1. Re: Substream Announced Aug 25, 2010, 02:32 Cthulhu

Watched the video and it had me waxing nostalgic for all those misspent days of my bong hitting college years....

It's one freaky video game concept that's best enjoyed while under the influence of all natural, mildly mind altering substances.... Smoking

News Comments > Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta
4. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 13:03 Cthulhu

So.... who shot first, Han or Greedo?  

News Comments > Clone Wars Adventures Next Month
1. Re: Clone Wars Adventures Next Month Aug 10, 2010, 15:57 Cthulhu

I reserve my comments/judgement of this game until it has had a chance to stand on it's own merits (or lack thereof).

I expect this thread to be filled with game=fail comments any minute now....

117 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo