Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
35. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 19:49 TurdFergasun

Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:42:
Before you go on a big rant about how gamers are gullible twits, at least wait to see a single sales figure.

i think there's enough precedent here where we can safely call that one early.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 4, 2013, 02:43 TurdFergasun

++agreed

I find my SAMOLED to be way easier to read in direct sunlight than phones with regular lcd screens, just as sharp, and way better colour reproduction. Seems more like an article written by and for the established LCD manufacturing consortium. Kind of like the FUD spewed from certain tech sites eschewing any real criticism of the high priced LCD, or LED backlit LCD's, and focusing on how plasmas have so many drawbacks like burn in, high electricity usage etc. If LCD's become the only main standard for displays it will be VHS>BETA all over again.

News Comments > Insurgency Early Access
5. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 03:14 TurdFergasun

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 02:29:
I haven't bought any of those

If they (those kinds of games, MP MODs to full retail games) are going to be "paid for" the least they can do is put some effort into bots for COOP play

most big releases are generic shooters these days. i'd place more faith in a team of developers who made a playable and popular mod with ZERO budget, driven by their own motives to come up with more original paid games than the big boys, and this looks to be alot better than any of the codflops released in the past few years.

lack of bots is a pretty janky gripe if you ask me, the communities are probably better off with your boycott anyway though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2013, 16:46 TurdFergasun

Creston wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 14:43:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 09:46:
Lana... Lana... LAAANNNNAANANNAAA!

WHAT?!

Creston

DANGER ZONE!!!!

srsly though my mouse just finished dying this morning.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2013, 16:35 TurdFergasun

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 10:51:
Not really, Blue. It's not like she or we don't have a choice. I've walked from jobs and told my employers to go fuck themselves for a lot less. Not like she wouldn't find work in a heartbeat anywhere else, or they'd even cancel the Big Bang. She should have told them to 'Suck it Trebek!'

So being strong armed by your employer for having an opinion and the actor/actress capitulating is the actor/actress' fault and not corporate bullshit? really?

It's a murky two way street at best, in reality it's pure corporate megalomanical BS at it's best. Thank god i find this show repulsive in it's portrayal of pseudo nerd culture, and it's watered down IT crowd format for an audience of people who want to feel smart and sciency without all that pesky reading, or else i'd have something else to boycott. This is the same stupid american sitcom as the rest of the trash on tv with a theme that some study group found nerdy enough but not so nerdy it alienates stupid people.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 28, 2013, 16:23 TurdFergasun

how do you know the supposed attacks from china didn't come from americans using bots from china? why didn't you ask this childish question when the story of the chinese attacks was reported? A: because you defend murica like a 10 year old defends his dad's ability to beat up another kids dad.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 27, 2013, 21:43 TurdFergasun

oligarch-ontrolled self fulfilling prophecy factory says predicted prophecy ringing true! what a stunning result.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Version 5.2 "Imminent"
2. Re: World of Warcraft Version 5.2 Feb 27, 2013, 21:36 TurdFergasun

oh boy, the mcdonalds of video games is coming out with a new flavor of milkshake!!! rejoice peasants!  

News Comments > EA All-in on Microtransactions
41. Re: EA All-in on Microtransactions Feb 27, 2013, 16:37 TurdFergasun

time to go watch god bless america for the 10th time to purge this news from my mind.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2013, 17:05 TurdFergasun

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 16:15:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:02:
ldonyo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:35:
Best Buy's price-matching will only kill showrooming when their in-store selection is equal to the Internet's and they do the price matching automatically, not only when asked.

...and when they don't try to ram an extended warranty down your throat... and when they don't try to sell you a $5 HDMI cable for $35.
I have always felt that BB is really missing an opportunity with cables. Cables are things that people need right away usually and by selling them at cost, could generate both good will and customers in store.

BB does carry off-brand cables, at least in my area they have their store brand called rocketfish. Basically re-badged monoprice cables at 5x the price, and 100x the hype.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2013, 19:30 TurdFergasun

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 18:17:
That FB story makes me sick, and what makes me even more mad (in a time when the President is making TRILLION dollar increases to our debt and increasing taxes on the working man) is this: An article linked on that page citing the worst tax dogers in Corporate America....

Your turn Obama.....your turn....

funny you didn't seem so passionate against going into iraq on a lie, which killed thousands upon thousands of americans and iraqis, ruined america's dwindling reputation around teh world and removal of financial sector oversight which seeded the current financial crisis you're currently bleating about. oh i guess that would be complaining about the actual cause and not shaking your fist at the first convenient target that doesn't fit your crooked ideology. get a grip you trog.

News Comments > The Old Republic Rise of the Hutt Preorders; Trailer
5. Re: The Old Republic Rise of the Hutt Preorders; Trailer Jan 24, 2013, 04:47 TurdFergasun

I said hutt hutt, in the butt.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 23, 2013, 14:17 TurdFergasun

i don't know why anyone with half a brain considers either piece of the governing corporate duopoly to really be any different for actual policy direction. They both dance to the beat of multinational profiteering. Shake your fist at the companies that fund them, oh wait they don't have to disclose that much information directly, almost like it's a giant game designed to obfuscate the real and push the spin.  

News Comments > Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision
5. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 13:54 TurdFergasun

Company of heroes: total war sounds pretty damn good to me right about now. Sounds much better than coh2:microtransaction battle with dumbed down rpg/rts hybrid design.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 13:39 TurdFergasun

and yet, even if nader is correct i'd still rather leave my kids in the care of electronic molesters than with the physical ones at the church. At least activision won't move the offending games to another town after each incident to avoid bad publicity. Of course video game lobbies aren't as strong as the clergy's, so we'll probably not be bothered by studies of the negative effects on society from unwavering belief in the magic man and his cults. Hell it's not like it's ever caused any massive violent outbursts before right?  

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
35. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 13:19 TurdFergasun

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:17:
I always find this funny, the whole "I'm not buying this game, you upset me because of XYZ"

When the tears dry, you will all go running in and buy the game. If not, you were never going to buy it anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised to find this statement on a 24k gold plaque adorning the boardroom of EA's head office. Seems to be an ethos thats driving excellent game development and driving stock prices to new unprecedented levels.

News Comments > Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout
21. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 16:09 TurdFergasun

Calistoga wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 15:40:
I loved Three Dog!!

same here, added good character weight to the game, believable character, much of what i liked about fo3.

Engaging believable characters > content quantity.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Tease?
24. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 12:15 TurdFergasun

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 12:06:
TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 11:30:
Fo3 was a much more enticing environment to explore, and had memorable characters, as apposed to NV were i can't remember a single character or dialogue sequence. Republic of dave, uncle leo, three dog, and the music he spammed is still on a cd i play on a semi regular basis, with lots of dry humor that didn't need to slap you over the head with the punchline. Side quests were compelling, and rewarded exploration, and mission progress. NV just seemed like quantity>quality. Couldn't be bothered to get more than 1/2 way through. I'd compare fo3 to a witty british sitcom vs the average holywood cookie cutter show with the same jokes told with different faces over and over so no demographic feels left out.

Or you know, the exact opposite. FO3 had tons of empty Dungeons, I mean Subways to "explore". Characters were so weird and Krazyyyyy!!!, because that's obvious how you make good characters. SHUT THE FUCK UP 3DAWG. The 'humor' was juvenile and childish. Side quests rewarded slogging through indistinguishable locations, because that's what Beth's games are- Dungeon Crawlers. NV has depth of narrative. FO3 is the same as other Beth games- a two inch deep ocean with depth of NOTHING.

To summarize, you're a bad person and your dog hates you.

so what specifically do you remember from NV that made it so great, other than these generic terms you're throwing out? you sound like balmer describing every product he's ever released.

to summarize i am a bad person, and my cat has a taste for man flesh, hide while you can.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Curved glossy screens Jan 9, 2013, 11:55 TurdFergasun

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 02:53:
Yeah, that'll work out just fine

Remember how the past 30 years the industry did everything it could to get straight lines on a display? Only thing good is OLEDS getting on market.. but not with a POS product like this... sigh

curved screens do no give you a distorted aspect when viewed at the optimal position. similar to dome projection, which is what i'm aiming to build this year hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xT4g7zZOl5I#t=67s

all the videos show a distorted image until they mash the camera into the intended viewer position then you see full immersion. It's crap if you're constantly moving around, but with a panel that is only curved on one axis that won't be as much of an issue.

News Comments > Smell-O-Vision
20. Re: Smell-O-Vision Jan 9, 2013, 11:38 TurdFergasun

you can experience smellovision at universal studios at least with shrek 4d. interesting experience, though wouldn't want to play most games with it, human decay, and napalm in the morning are not smells i want to know.  

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo