Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Q&As
12. Re: Evening Q&As Mar 28, 2013, 04:04 TurdFergasun

Optional Nickname! wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 23:24:
Were the game instead released with the name "SimCities Online" would there have been the same outcry? Or any at all?

That small naming change would have made a big difference in my personal impressions of the product and EA.

Who the shit would want simcities online anyway? sounds like a moronic idea thought up by a group of morons. Maybe ea's next game can be a glass walled public toilet, cause you know everyone wants to share what they're making with strangers and friends alike right? Lets bring social media to the asses.

Time to go watch yahtzee's apt review of this bowel movement one more time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2013, 15:35 TurdFergasun

yes but the car will be most likely in junkyard condition once you learn how to take apexes and trail brake properly. Not the mention the full sets of racing tires, brake pads, rad/brake fluid you change every race/event, & getting a nasa approved roll cage installed and inspected into whatever vehicle you decide to run will be around $3-5k. I'd estimate for $35k you could drive in the lowest miata scca spec class for 1 season with a junker used miata + travel costs of course.

for 35k i'd rather have this puppy which will work well with flight sims and racing.
simcraft apexgt

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation out today. Mar 21, 2013, 06:23 TurdFergasun

best one:

"John Riccitiello is the best EA release this year. "

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 06:19 TurdFergasun

Nexus phones don't put up the numbers because they're not manufactured in large enough batches. The nexus 4 is sold out mostly everywhere, and was $400. The nexus 5 coming out soon looks to be another piece of excellent hardware not subsidized through convoluted, and obtuse contract schemes as well.

beamer you don't just pump the status quo. Hell the status quo wouldn't even consent to what you're trying to do to it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 19, 2013, 20:38 TurdFergasun

Axis wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 17:33:
Bodolza wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 15:27:
And it's a shame that so many American's don't realize that government IS the people.

Yes, and "For the People" is often replaced with "For Myself, For my political party, For my wallet, For special interests who keep me in power" and often end with "at all costs".

As a "people", you don't let your government run your life. Nothing good ever happens, ever.

so you propose to give control of everything to the powers that corrupted the government in the first place? great idea. I'm sure the multi nationals won't all collude in self interest at all, and a rosy future of pro consumer competition will be imminent. bring on the freedom!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Earth Hour is all wrong. We need more electricity, not less. Mar 19, 2013, 20:34 TurdFergasun

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 16:54:
Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 15:46:
Due to mining there's no such thing as "clean" coal. Yeah, you can burn it quicker, but a drive through Kentucky can be horrifying as to how we get it. The damage we do there is nuts.

But yeah, thumbs up to nuclear. Sensational journalism during the Japan disaster really set it back.
Mining coal isn't the cleanest, but having lived near a major coal mine for awhile out in Alberta there are ways to keep the problems down. Then again where there were coal mines, you can't tell the difference between nature and were humans were either. Same with oil and tar sand removal out there. Ahh Alberta, where oil naturally seeps right into the rivers, and if you need a quick fix for a leaky roof you simply find a natural tar spring that seeps into the river and go get it.

oh ya hard to tell where man has been and where he hasn't in alberta. damn albortians, should be shipped off to texass where you belong.

mmmm clean tar

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2013, 20:19 TurdFergasun

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 15:19:
InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:29:
Thats got nothing to do with production costs though, we are talking about costs right?

From what youve said you are talking about plans which are offered to large carriers because of the large number of phones that they order for their plans. Its a simple bulk discount for large carriers who lower the inital costs of the phone for their end user, but the user ends up paying all of it (depending on the model, sometimes even over the cost of the phone) anyway over the course of the 2-year (or whatever) plan.

Its a ploy, the consumer ends up paying full price for the phone anyway alebeit at a rate like you said.

The phones cost the same to manunfacture, regardless of what the consumer ends up paying.

So why wouldnt consumers be allowed to unlock their phones if they wish to do so??

What the hell does cost to a manufacturer matter? We're talking price to consumer.

Regardless, do you know how much Samsung makes for that Galaxy S3 someone just got on AT&T for $199? Helpful hint: more than $199. They get a chunk of that $100 a month service plan.

And for fuck's sake, I'm not saying that this is the only way to do things or the right way, I'm saying that it's the way we do it for reasons that benefit more than just the person selling the product. Consumers derive benefit, too. Whether that benefit is greater than the benefit they get without it is up for debate.

so why are nexus phones the same price? boom crappy 5 post argument debunked in 1 crappy sentance. back to being a glad handing yes man for you.

News Comments > TF2 Oculus Rift Details
22. Re: TF2 Oculus Rift Details Mar 19, 2013, 20:13 TurdFergasun

the main issue of track ir though is that you're constantly moving your field of vision away from the display source, as well as the odd array of led's to accentuate your head motion so when you're looking 15 degrees to the right but track ir is giving you 30-50 degrees of motion to compensate for the fixed image source, this i find totally unnatural. With the gyro + positions sensor based system on the rift it will be 1:1 and the image source will track with you.

In fps games the head tracking will control your head, and the mouse controls your aim + torso at least from my understanding, which should make for a similar experience to piloting a mech. IMO they should limit the head motion in FPS to a horizontal 180 degrees maximum from your torso position, and reset back to center if your turn your torso to match so you're not always running out of mouse pad or turning 360 degrees in your chair.

News Comments > TF2 Oculus Rift Details
17. Re: TF2 Oculus Rift Details Mar 19, 2013, 17:04 TurdFergasun

theglaze wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 12:45:
TF2 with VR is a reach.

One of the best genres will be racing sims. You want immersion? How about a hydraulic sim seat with VR? I'm going to start saving up now...

simexperience meh, a glorified buttkicker is all that is, notice how the monitor and the wheel are static and motionless? not a fan, although some are for some weird reason as that setup is just as expensive as a proper motion setup with full 3DOF.

proper sim chair

of course you could always push things further

kriegersim2000

this plus oculus rift = splooge.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 17:09.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 18, 2013, 23:40 TurdFergasun

They really need to federally mandate removal of all personal copyright litigation from the system, until the copyright system catches up with the reality of the digital age. How much money is being wasted on this frivolous crap instead of reworking the system into a stable and functioning level of operation. They're actively fighting groups who're trying to setup proper systems like netflix, and crippling services like hulu. They aren't going to scare away the majority with these tactics, they're never going to get enough people under their filthy knives to accomplish that, and they're not going to see any real compensation for any perceived or actual losses. They're going to run public opinion for them strait into the ground for nothing. Basically they're just throwing shit on the walls instead of potty training themselves and learning to wipe properly in the new toilet age, sans diapers. Quit shitting yourselves copyright police, for the sake of society.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 18, 2013, 19:17 TurdFergasun

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 11:02:
Mars: War Logs = RAGE & Red Factions LOVE CHILD. I want it now.

+1

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
37. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 19:13 TurdFergasun

Baristan wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 16:20:
@SectorEffector
Yes it is in stereoscopic 3D. I was just saying that is not the main point of the Rift.

The version of the Rift shown at the trade shows was a prototype using a 5.6 inch display with a hillcrest tracker. The DEV kit has a 7 inch display, and a new head tracker that is 4X as fast. The Doom3 code used in the early trade shows wouldn't work on the DEV kit.

it may be stereoscopic, but it's not like the eye mashing vr headsets, or current active 3d tv glasses where the left eye has to deal with the image meant for the right eye and vice versa. there is no crosstalk, so there shouldn't be any of the normal 3d headaches, and crappy flickering and reduced brightness that are all deal breakers of current 3d tech. not to mention the use of gyroscopes to assist in the head tracking department which is most likely repsonsible for removing the usual lag that track ir or free track noir produces.

News Comments > John Riccitiello Leaving EA
12. Re: John Riccitiello Leaving EA Mar 18, 2013, 17:20 TurdFergasun

google EA stock history from 07-13, better yet ask any semi coherent gamer about what they think of EA. The last ceo whored out everything EA had until they needed to gobble everything they could outside of the company, the current and now ex ceo pumped that status quo so hard it shook the value right out of the company.

Good thing for EA that there's lots of sociopathic psychos on the market in almost any flavour you could want in a ceo, hopefully one with less of a hard on for marketing, and one that's crazy for games instead.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 18, 2013, 01:50 TurdFergasun

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 17:46:
Yeah, and the only reason this came to light is because one of the 1000s of companies decided to put their neck on the line and challenge.

and the only reason 1000's of companies/corporations would care is that they're tired of paying miniscule fines/bribing people who unexpectedly catch them with their pants down doing dirty business.

you can thank the patriot act for this crap being in place at all. same goes with drones.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
13. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 18, 2013, 01:45 TurdFergasun

Pigeon wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 21:10:
Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 17:01:
The text while driving people are as bad, if not worse than, the drunks.
I'm so sick of these texting while driving losers. I'm also tired of hearing them say how good they are at it and it's perfectly safe. It's not safe! It's dangerous and nobody cares if you kill yourself. If one of these losers kills someone I care about while texting and driving, they better find a very good place to hide.
I hope that someone comes up with a way to put a stop to the driving and texting.

I think there have been a few studies showing just that. And you're right, it's amazing how many people think texting and driving is bad, but seem to feel they're the exception to the rule.

What percentage of the general public is qualified to be behind the wheel in any situation? maybe 30% at best, and of that 30% how many of those can safely multitask while driving? I'm quite sure there are many out there capable and exceptions to an overall ban on the activity, but I'm much more certain there are many drivers who shouldn't be aloud on the road in any situation at all, and that they are the majority. Anyone who's got some driving common sense and their wits with them and has commuted in a major city for hours a day or driven for a living would most likely testify to that.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 18, 2013, 00:31 TurdFergasun

Seriously who is going to commit career suicide in a failed attempt to repeal a law that protects corporations when the entirety of law serves only corporations? The cycle of stagnant steady decay is most likely irreversible at this point without a major event that could shift policy, or break enough of the system to kill the corruption, but that would most likely destroy much of what's good within our current system in the process. Hopefully hari seldon gets the go ahead for his foundations. we're gonna need it to rebuild later on.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2013, 04:43.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 15, 2013, 16:17 TurdFergasun

I'd settle for proper DD and DTS support before any of this nonsense. I don't bother with any of the big budget movies on netflix mainly because of the lack of proper surround sound, and i'm not about to waste $300 on a ps3 for that feature alone since thats the only option for proper passthru DD or DTS with netflix at the moment.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2013, 16:13 TurdFergasun

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 16:03:
ASeven wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 10:17:
Citizens, corporations profits is now more important than your freedom of speech.

That is all.

I disagree with that assessment and believe the court made the appropriate ruling. What about the rightsholder rights? That's not to say I even agree with current copyright and trademark law but the rightsholders need protection too.

or rights holders can get fucked for awhile, you know until we sort out society's more important issues, instead of fucking society so some rich cock suckers can get paid just a bit more.

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer Mar 15, 2013, 16:09 TurdFergasun

Damn i saw gunslinger in the name and didn't bother with the rest, was hoping to team up with Oy of midworld for some open world adventuring.  

News Comments > Minecraft Optional Subscription Mode Plans
11. Re: lol Mar 14, 2013, 19:39 TurdFergasun

for $5/mo you could rent a minecraft gameserver that had 2 slots.  

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo