Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 10, 2011, 22:57 TurdFergasun

the corporation, a great idea, horribly flawed by the human ingredient. most of them are by deffinition sociopathic entities not one of us would choose to live with... if we had teh choice.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Content Unlikely
12. Re: New Bad Company 2 Content Unlikely Jan 6, 2011, 16:54 TurdFergasun

coop is only worth bothering for if the SP is any good, and it's been a long time since that has happened. bc2's is barely worth loading up, and the last fps that was worth playing sp all the way thru was cod4, and hl2. why would you want them to compromise other parts of the game to make coop happen on an SP campaign that isn't worth the time it takes to read this sentance.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare Prequel Rumor
4. Re: Modern Warfare Prequel Rumor Jan 5, 2011, 17:24 TurdFergasun

that bobby cocktick sure is a creative genius. how does he keep just pumping out the hits?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2011, 23:41 TurdFergasun

we are the north american indians of gaming, consoles are the blankets full of smallpox, and ppl like john ricitardello and bobby knobslopper are the white europeans giving them to us graciously. mmmm free blankets.  

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
88. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 3, 2011, 03:59 TurdFergasun

Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 00:25:

In order for MS to convince gamers that it's worth upgrading to DX10/11, DX10/11 games need to be developed that make players go "Wow! I've never seen anything like that with DX9! DX9 games look so outdated now!" Unfortunately, that has yet to occur.

most likely because the people easily swayed by games with slightly shineier objects than last years games play on consoles. and they were obsolete years before they came to market. they are the dominant economic force in gaming, as well as the easiest to get money from.

i still can't see how they can have this game for xbox/ps3 and claim xp compatibility is impractical. doesn't really seem any less practical than dx10 on XP really. i'm on win7 so it's a non issue for me, and probably most people looking to play the newest pc games, but the excuse is a load of male cow excrement.

News Comments > On The Old Republic Cinematics
6. Re: On The Old Republic Cinematics Jan 1, 2011, 21:16 TurdFergasun

meh dunno has been done poorly of late, but if it's worked into it like diablo 2, or the original starcraft it deffinitely adds tonnes to the games depth. if there is only 1 cinematic intro to sell the game, like most thq crap, then it adds depth to the marketing only. i enjoy the former rather than the latter.  

News Comments > PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings
51. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 30, 2010, 14:55 TurdFergasun

i don't think anyone is knocking the skill required to play a console fps. much like i wouldn't knock your ability to drive a car with your feet on the steering wheel and your hands on the gas and brake. what i'm debating is why bother. the spectacle of being good with an analogue stick where it's horribly inferior and impracticle doesn't provide any shock value like driving a car with your feet. i understand for sports games, and platformers, but for fps, and rts it just makes no sense. there is no point to excersising the skill when 1, it's not tranferable in any way, and 2, it's pointless to be the best at a horribly useless skill that will at the sharp end of the spectrum allow you to compete against the worst players with a keyboard and mouse.

the fps consoler's help dumb down the hobby by abondoning your choice, to receive instant gratification. you accept mediocrity because you're lazy. you use analog stick in fps, and strategy games because you're lazy, not because they're good in any way, but because they're full of simple shapes and colours. companies pander to this, and see how much easier it is with a consumer who doesn't want to think as long as they get the shiney objects they want, so the companies attempt to apply the same control schemes and logic to all areas of gaming. it's truly a waterfall of feces, and pc gamers are sitting in the pool savouring shower of love. it's no wonder pc gamers are sensitive to it, it's the main reason our hobby has been taken over and gang raped. lack of indipendent thought.

37. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 23:23 TurdFergasun

meh really you must be in the position to make money on the backs of ppl remaining stupid non-thinking gerbils to defend that position. it's a control platform that demands less from it's user. you relinquish control and in return you get entertainment without thought. it's more of the same careful, plotted dumbing down of the consumer, graciously sowing seeds to raise an ignorant, apathetic consumer addicted to instant gratification.

all that shit about better comp = fun and success is no different than thinking because you have more money and stuff that you'll be happier in life. u can run hardware as crappy as whats in a console and compete, as long as you apply what you have properly, and thoughtfully. there is the only true distinction between the two platforms. the amount of thought invested. no arguing there is a place for that method, but not as large a place as it's trying to take for itself, nearly all space in existence.

34. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 22:25 TurdFergasun

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 29, 2010, 19:49:
This is unrelated to the discussion in this thread but I meant to ask you, do you have a server running BC2? I was searching for servers last night and one server was called Turd Fergasun's fun house. It was too late when I noticed it as I already double clicked on a different server and when I backed out the Turd server was gone from the list even if I searched for the name I couldn't find it.

nope have a small bc2 server called tactical difficulties, and someone already stole turd fergasun in bc2 before i got there.

Beamer wrote on Dec 29, 2010, 20:28:
it's more like trying to drive a car with your feet on the wheel and your hands on the gas and brake. you can do it if you gets used to it, but again wtf is the point in bothering when there's a proper solution already available.

With PCs you may find your computer the equivalent of a VW Golf in a race against a few Ferraris, a Yugo and someone that cheated their way to a rocket car.

With consoles you're all driving a GTO. Some people greatly enjoy this.

more like a chevy cobalt with a big muffler, but i get why ppl enjoy their homologation. it removes any sort of thinking demand on the aprt of the user.

27. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 17:56 TurdFergasun

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 29, 2010, 17:35:
Not sure what you guys are saying about "aim assist". That is a single-player only features as far as I know. When I play it's on Hardcore servers only. I have to line up every shot like on any other PC game. And it doesn't take half a clip to kill a guy either. I can drop you with one well placed bullet to the head. And best of all the M20 sniper rifle in BFBC2 Vietnam is a one shot kill. Of course if you got two guys lined up then you may get a double kill.

Yeah, the controllers are a bit harder to get use to but after so many hours of play you either get better or you pack it in. Sounds like you guys went with the latter...

it's more like trying to drive a car with your feet on the wheel and your hands on the gas and brake. you can do it if you gets used to it, but again wtf is the point in bothering when there's a proper solution already available.

18. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 15:58 TurdFergasun

how the hell can anyone play this game effectively with a joystick anyway? seriously, wtf is the point, even if you're good, it's no better than being good at sucking ass.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 27, 2010, 23:08 TurdFergasun

so whats different from a gpu with 1000+ modular stream processors? sounds like they're blowing a bunch of smoke trying to catchup, as anyone paying attn knows how inefficient intel's designs are compared to ati/nvidia gpu designs in many applications ie. folding, hd encoding, obviously 3d rendering, bruteforce etc.  

News Comments > More Legal Fallout
20. Re: More Legal Fallout Dec 23, 2010, 15:54 TurdFergasun

why would anyone sell someone the rights to piggyback of their work in the future without heavy royalties or concerns of future quality as to what they do with your work? is anyone really that stupid? who fucking knows, and you're a fool to think you know otherwise without having been at the bargening table.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2010, 01:50 TurdFergasun

you want to categorize issues uselessly as either left or right? which is either a response to your limited reasoning ability or your purposefull attempt to obfuscate the issue. left or right, christian or muslim, with us or against us are all divides created and nurtured to keep ppl focused on the meaningless and trite. whats really hapenning here is the last bastion of true democracy under assault by the corporate greed beasts. the only thing obama does is pander to the whims of his corporate puppetiers, much like the last president, or the many the came before, except at least obama gives the perception of moderate intelligence, and judgement. it almost gives you the feeling it's your interests he's catering to and not the collective wealthy.

p.s. blue did not write the article or headline from huffpost you're huffing about.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2010, 01:57.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Obama FCC Caves on Net Neutrality -- Tuesday Betrayal Assured. Dec 21, 2010, 00:21 TurdFergasun

perhaps next time people will see the writing on the wall before it directly effects them and is far too late to care. who am i kidding tho, ppl never care about a damn thing until it stings them personally. so why bother now, ppl paying the premium for these services wont' be effected, so why should they care? they have the money to enjoy the fun at your expense. again why should they care. there's no profit in it for them to care. how are you going to get the average joe to give a damn about something as vast and complicated as net neutrality when there just isn't any point. the cabbages born and raised spoon fed by this system will not budge on the matter, and without their support, whatever you think is meaningless. essentially corporations have made democracy fail, by engineering not only the candidates, but the populace into a froathing un-thinking wave of narcissistic, egotisical sheep. what method will you use to convince them that no net neutrality will grant them an ego massage, or destroy any of their manufactured fears, or pander to their manufactured wants?

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2010, 01:27.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2010, 23:41 TurdFergasun

unfortunately it's going to be a neo-capitalist internet revolution instead where you can't even fart for less than a buck.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2010, 17:56 TurdFergasun

if you think the number slave control freaks are going to just sit back and let the natural chaos continue you're sadly mistaken. it's a great idea don't get me wrong. it's just never going to happen.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Dec 19, 2010, 19:29 TurdFergasun

it's like flying on rails. hopefully they get them back to how the apache feels in bc2, or even the blackhawk would be good enough. keeps the idiots away from them when all they can do is crash after 10 seconds of flight. now if you can breath and move your mouse slightly you're over qualified to fly in bc2:v  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Dec 19, 2010, 19:23 TurdFergasun

until the greedy bastards have the gaming market wrapped up in a neat little megalomaniacal profit farm package it will continue to be demonized in the media owned by those same greedy bastards.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Dec 18, 2010, 20:40 TurdFergasun

[url=]http://www.violentrevolution.net/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?16009.post[/url]

fix worked after a restart.

don't like how rail like the flying is after some seat time in the chopper.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2010, 23:51.

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo