Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 17:13 TurdFergasun

killer_roach wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 22:06:
TurdFergasun wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 21:24:
doesn't help when governments vilify science, continually slash education budgets, and lower the standards along with them.

Except they aren't slashing education budgets. They're still expanding at rates well in excess of inflation. The only "cuts" have been in the rate of growth.

That being said, the amount of that money that actually goes to teaching isn't expanding much - most of that added money goes to facilities and administration.

i guess thats why your schools are such a pinnacle of education and that you score so well against other developed nations that spend much more. If you guys spent 10% of what you spend on the military actually helping people in your country not only would america benefit so would the rest of the countries that are forced to deal with you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 21:24 TurdFergasun

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 21:07:
It's not a conspiracy. It all happens in the bright light of day. The sad reality is that most people don't know. And they don't know because they don't care to know. It isn't like this information is being withheld. The people, as they are, simply lack the will to do the right thing. Says everything you need to know about the human condition. It's only when things get entirely intolerable do they demand better. Sad, isn't it?

doesn't help when governments vilify science, continually slash education budgets, and lower the standards along with them.

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
27. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 18:10 TurdFergasun

gotta love a business model that completely fails once it lives up to it's name. lol business  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 14, 2013, 15:32 TurdFergasun

3d a cheesy gimmick for people who find good movies boring. So long overhyped effect, back to universal studios theme rides where you belong. I won't miss the difficulty of finding new theater releases in 2d, or those ridiculous glasses that dim the hell out of the picture. Maybe in another 20 years someone will actually have done something with the technology to take it off the gimmick shelf, probably not though.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 13, 2013, 19:05 TurdFergasun

dunno how anyone watches regular filmed content @ 120hz, i don't care what resolution it's using, soap opera mod at all times is a deal killer. wish they'd learn how to get rid of lcd image ghosting without these gimmicks that mess up the normal fluidity of film, haven't seen one 120 or 240hz tv do this.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 13, 2013, 08:39 TurdFergasun

Prez wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 23:24:
Report: More People Are Watching Netflix Streaming Content Than Cable Networks.

Imagine if the movie and TV studios had embraced internet streaming instead of attempting (and partly succeeding) to stifle it with backwards contractual agreements and arbitrary limitations on availability.

I imagine that would happen if all the old cronies in the industry would kindly pack up and die en masse. One can dream....

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 12:59 TurdFergasun

InBlack wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 10:36:
And then there is Freelancer. The antithesis of a proper space sim. But thats not my main worry, my main worry is that he will release a singleplayer-MMO-type-thingy-trading game-sim with RPG elments. And NOT a proper spacesim.

if games like X3 are proper space sims, count me in for a freelancer style game. I'd rather have a world that feels alive and vibrant with characters and interesting places to explore than a massive void in space with a hyper realistic ship to pilot.

News Comments > Flashback HD Officially Announced
9. Re: Flashback HD Officially Announced Apr 11, 2013, 12:42 TurdFergasun

Nice idea, but from the looks of the trailer it sure doesn't have the same feel at all or art direction as the first. It looks like they slapped on some side scrolling just cause 2 maps, animation, and sprinkled some justin bieber onto the main character.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2013, 11:27 TurdFergasun

Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:30:
Blame the municipalities who making laying fiber a fucking nightmare.

You can blame the incumbents along with the municipalities for making these protectionist environments so that providing any new media infrastructure is the way it is. The incumbent companies know how to screw people, it's probably their main specialty, and most likely the municipalities didn't have a clue what they were entering to when they originally signed the multi decade deals with them.

I'm willing to bet if 20 years ago someone offered you a zack morris cel phone for free if you signed on to a 5-10 year contract the average person would have jumped at the chance to own a brick that doubles as a phone. Hindsight is 20/20

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 19:31 TurdFergasun

ViRGE wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 19:12:
NKD wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 18:55:
So people have EVERY opportunity to tell EA to fuck off, yet they choose not to. Which is why the "Worst Company in America" label is some bullshit.
Exactly. Every time EA wins this I just bury my face in my hands.

Are they a terrible company? Absolutely!

But the worst company in America? Not by a long shot. This is a case of The Consumerist's readers having unrealistic priorities.

They are the worst company in merica that effects people who vote in polls on the internet. Whats so hard to understand? You can shake your fist at fannie mac or boa all you want, but they're the head of a much larger international effort. EA is the main umbrella company working under it's own guidance, it's a great place to place anger, because it's directed right at the appropriate target, and sends a clear message to those pulling the strings(although they're too incompetent and arrogant to bother seeing it that way)

There aren't many underlying factors other than straight retarded dickbaggery, and greed that have landed EA into this position. 1 single bank won't give a damn whether or not they're the worst in murica, it should be the entire financial system thats under severe scrutiny, and public pressure, not one head off an army of multi-headed beasts.

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 7, 2013, 12:42 TurdFergasun

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 10:58:
I'm sure I've missed some of the point.

But every so often someone here is bitching about a game and some one throws down the card "Write your own game then".

Well for the little I've picked up here, I think perhaps this is what the card was designed for. To those that don't like how women are portrayed in games... "Write your own game then". This is a creative entertainment market, people are freely making what they want, so can you.

The problem is, that game would be a flop, unless it was an indie, crowdfunded game. The demographics aren't in place for a non stereotypical female protagonist to lead a predominantly male audience into being excited about, enjoying, or buying such a game. It's almost like the feminazis are mad that men wish for stereotypical behavior from women in their fantasies, more than any glorious attempt to defeat sexism from the world. That and bitches be crazy for attention.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2013, 08:50 TurdFergasun

maybe we can allow everyone to play nerf nuke and people would just calm down  

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
25. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 11:55 TurdFergasun

Tulwinn wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 11:51:
Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 10:56:
I thought George said that the original prints were destroyed, and that was impossible? You mean he lied???

Creston
What he said was true, from a certain point of view

"The original negative is conformed to the 1997 Special Edition, meaning the physical copy has been cut and edited with CGI "improvements." With sections of the film being too damaged to work with, parts of that print were taken from other sources. "You never throw away your original negative, so I must assume that any pieces or shots that were removed are in storage somewhere at Lucasfilm or Fox," he explained."

the un-edited originals were available on laser disc, there is a digital negative somewhere, probably hidden under the weight of george's wounded massive ego.

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
23. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 11:34 TurdFergasun

AngelicPenguin wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 11:04:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 10:45:
I'd like to see a developer create a Jango/Boba Fett Bounty Hunter type game in the same vein as Jedi Outcast/Academy. You get bounties to take out good or bad targets and go through a story. Surprised that has never come around.

Boba Fett sure, but who is this "Jango" you speak of? (sarcasm.)

The universe is a much better place when you completely ignore the existence of the prequels. They are not canon, they are fodder. My own new hope is that george watched the red letter media reviews, and just decided it was best to hide under a table and die.

Bring on a proper JK3 with similar combat dynamics as JK2. That is all that's needed from this situation.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 20:39 TurdFergasun

I'm pro hockey fighting, and licensed reproduction. Perhaps if Sidney Crosby was aborted for a more viable/physically capable, less concussion prone fetus we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I've heard idiots on the cbc talk about introducing legal penalties for fighting in hockey, what utter retardery. Should we penalize UFC fighters who make their opponents bleed with aggravated assault? Hopefully in the future we can all just enjoy pillow fights, non gender specific competitive activities and non fat soy lattes.

More people really ought to get hysterectomies, there won't be any dangerous activities left in the world at this rate, save for needing medical attention in the US.

News Comments > U.K. Charts
3. Re: U.K. Charts Apr 2, 2013, 19:57 TurdFergasun

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 11:36:
The English have never been known for their tastes in gaming.

or food, dentistry, or national sports....

but they make some damn fine comedy and car shows.

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 3
2. Re: April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 3 Apr 1, 2013, 20:55 TurdFergasun

i dunno how this didn't catch in any of the 3 fools groups

the freedom bay

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2013, 20:56 TurdFergasun

Regardless of the intentions, it's correct, and since I don't have to worry about biting the hand that feeds me I have no problem with it at all. Time for you ppl in the industry to grow some balls and quit toting the corporate BS just cause you get some meager pittance, I have no sympathy for you, and nobody else does cause the industry is a stagnant cesspool that you helped to create with your black and white philosophies handed down to you from your masters. People are leaving the publishers that employ these systems in droves, but go on pulling the line gents it seems to be doing wonders with all the innovation being done by the large production companies that employ the tactics being called out here.

kotaku is a shithole establishment no denying that though. I'm sure they're reeling from your OCD observations of their spelling though.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 29, 2013, 22:29 TurdFergasun

truth in advertising  

News Comments > Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid
9. Re: Crytek Plans Darksiders Bid Mar 29, 2013, 13:10 TurdFergasun

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 12:24:
I don't really care about this IP (the first game underwhelmed me with its linearity and consoleness), but I am wondering about another THQ IP:

HOMEWORLD

What's up with that? Did someone buy it with the intent of making another game?

Until they can figure out a way to get space rts on a console nobody will care that matters, unless it gets kickstarted. The industry doesn't seem bothered about making good games, just ones that are good enough to get you riled up enough to get your mom to buy them for your xbox or ps3.

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo