Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
30. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 15:23 TurdFergasun

no but making all the advanced shaders selectable and adjustable will. if was a simple matter of allowing the consoles to dumb down the res to like 640x480 so they could handle it, i'd be game. but there will be compromises to the pc to accomodate consoles. there is no economical way that this won't happen. consider how much extra cost it would be to bring the "me too" consoles along for the ride without totally dumbing it down. concoles are like special needs kids, you can include them and go to the amuzement park with them, but u gotta stay on all the kiddie rides to keep them from pooing all over the place and having a fit. except there is no emotional tie to a console, no payoff, just ppl who don't like to think for themselves. fuck em, along with all the ignorant apathy they stand for.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
27. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 17:05 TurdFergasun

i hope people like this dev are finally expelled from pc gaming, nobody wins from these souless tech demos regardless, nobody but the people who engineer new hardware. do we need faster hardware to play the games that look great but aren't that much fun anyway? take your $100m spend on something that makes you and your crappy companies happy. oh wait money doesn't buy happiness, art or true satisfation. it is a means to an end, not the reason for being. go do something cause you want to. get out of pc gaming now, go to your locked down consoles, and leave real game design to people who do it because they love it, and can make money as a side affect of their passion. not because you've manipulated people into thinking it's good because of your passion for greed. money spoils everything it touches eventually, and if you start off spoiled it really doesn't matter how much passion you have you're gonna end up with a crysis at the end.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 12, 2011, 12:56 TurdFergasun

yes all you need to do is first physically steal the phone and run your hacks in person. well it seems the pc is vulnerable to this too! wow our entire electronic security model must be flawed as well if this is true! look out! it's glen beck logic!  

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans
12. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 13:35 TurdFergasun

BORING!  

News Comments > More Witcher 2 Preorder Bonuses
8. Re: More Witcher 2 Preorder Bonuses Feb 9, 2011, 20:24 TurdFergasun

maybe it's a by-product of the newspeak marketing language. i know i don`t care for it at all. just tell things straight.

you could get your point across for this sale in one or two sentences, not a bunch of long winded drivel.

here at GOG we`re offering some extra incentives for those interested in or already have pre-ordered whitcher 2. pre order thru gog and receive blah blah in game stuff music blah blah, as well as your choice of 1 of 5 free rpgs from our catalogue.

no totally organic, or extreme awesome superlatives, no crappy marketing patting your self on the back in as nonchalant way as possible. perhaps ppl are just sick of listening to the evolved version of steve balmer style marketing schtick. i`m not saying this gog add is really much of an offender in that respect, but it`s incredibly rampant in the industry, and it turns ppl off. perhaps some like me are getting over sensitised to it as a direct defense to the manipulation attempts that are the main goals of most marketing strategies. there is a limit to everything and gaming has been way f`n oversaturated with lame-ass marketing for well over a decade, not to mention society as a whole. there are always negative by-products when you run any system well above tolerances.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2011, 20:30.

News Comments > Cel-Shaded Darkness II
12. Re: Cel-Shaded Darkness II Feb 9, 2011, 20:12 TurdFergasun

agreed, i think it's the same ppl who generally don't have an eye for animation tho. i think cel shading creates a very interesting atmosphere, and probably the only thing i really liked about borderlands. hell i'd much rather watch something cel shaded than with 3d glasses on. you want to talk about a cheap gimicky effect?  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 5, 2011, 22:48 TurdFergasun

do you think that money will ever be really given back tho? or even the fine paid, or will it be purposely stalled in the courts for 10-15 years til a statute runs out on the crime?  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 5, 2011, 18:39 TurdFergasun

hell i've got to start a financial firm and start ripping ppl off right now. what a great investment. $25m for the legal right to rip ppl off for $217m. quadruple your money the easy way, the american pyramid dream. mmmmm tasty dreams.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Feb 3, 2011, 19:11 TurdFergasun

JoeNapalm wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 10:13:
Earlier this week, Treyarch's Community, Josh Olin, was quoted in an interview as saying gamers are taking the industry in a bad direction, as they seem to get angry, and complain about everything, even when a developer tries to make something new, and innovative.

Oh, I see. It's gamers that are taking the industry in bad direction...

It's not tearing out features that gamers have taken for granted for years while simultaneously jacking up the price of your games, or developing everything for the lowest console denominator to maximize your install base at the expense of good, quality games that is damaging the industry - it's the troublesome customer who is to blame!

Amazing. You'd think that people would not just eat your shit sandwiches, but they'd have the courtesy to thank you for the privilege of forking over more of their hard-earned money for less.

Lemme give you a bit of advice, there, Olin - if everyone thinks you're an asshole? You probably are.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

QFFT

News Comments > Company of Heroes Online Closing
16. Re: Company of Heroes Online Closing Feb 1, 2011, 19:17 TurdFergasun

it seems these days if game designers can't tap into the grind/reward addiction centers of the brain then they don't see it as a profitable venture.  

News Comments > More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed
21. Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Jan 24, 2011, 18:23 TurdFergasun

yes dismissing other ppl poor experiences because you have too much ego invested in a game someone else has made is a totally rational argument. why would ppl have bugs on a game you like? how dare they, they must be terrorists or some other ist that doesn't allign to your tastes.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2011, 19:06 TurdFergasun

yes more of a similar style to the zombie movies that helped push zombies once again into pop culture. ie. dawn of the dead, 28 days etc. not mario kart zombies. l4d is a kiddied up b movie version of a zombie game. i'd love to see what amc could do with a video game if they ever were to take the chance.  

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
15. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 21:46 TurdFergasun

you seem pretty eager to convince ppl of your great endeavours, although ruffling your feathers and puffing your cheast is quite an attractive quality of the human animal. i'm sure deep down inside your monetary wealth has brought you deep hapiness that would have otherwise been unattainable without selling your creative soul.  

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
13. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 19:54 TurdFergasun

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:06:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:02:
The expansion of who gamers are means Farmville, in case anyone couldn't read between the lines there.

Making games is a business, not a sport, or something you do for fun. If you want to make money, you need to find the biggest audience. That means casual games. As a hardcore gamer, a game developer and a captalist pig, I have no problem with this.

hopefully people like you can get on with failing miserably, so the rest of the "ecosystem" can heal and move forward.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Trailer
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer Jan 21, 2011, 02:51 TurdFergasun

DangerDog wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 01:57:
Still waiting for the dynamic alien infestation effects to be added in.

i don't think you're going to see that in any game until there is a proper standard for physics processing that doesn't involve rediculous licensing or that doesn't exclude 1/2 your demographic

that being said the latest build is quite good, although crossfire doesn't seem to be functioning, and i don't really expect it to be addressed too soon. regardless the whole game seems to have taken a large step forward playability, and performance wise. nice job!

News Comments > Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Adds New Cars
7. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Adds New Cars Jan 20, 2011, 16:19 TurdFergasun

spindoctor wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 14:57:

NFS Shift offers the more serious racing/driving model that you seem to be looking for.

uttering that sentance in a non sarcastic way is one of the final signs of the gaming appocalypse.

News Comments > World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer
2. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 19, 2011, 22:47 TurdFergasun

mmmmm the financial stifling of creativity, man can you taste the freedom here. anyone wonder the true motivation behind not releasing mod tools in games?

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2011, 23:00.

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Retribution Closed Beta This Month
8. Re: Dawn of War II - Retribution Closed Beta This Month Jan 18, 2011, 01:21 TurdFergasun

DOW 1 and it's expansions were great. it's just too bad 2 has nearly nothing to do with those games. similar story with tales of valour vs coh and opfro. someone or some group within thq, whomever made the call to take these two franchises into the instant gratification rts/rpg, needs to be seperated from their position. by the time enough people completely abandon this franchise for them to care, there will be nothing left but worn out puckered anus of a great IP lying motionless on the floor covered in the grey diseased love juice of a bunch of greedy, uninspired cocksuckers.  

News Comments > On PC Super Street Fighter IV
7. Re: On PC Super Street Fighter IV Jan 16, 2011, 18:24 TurdFergasun

so is pc getting this game already? like comeon zangief needs a new loetard. the current sfIV is completely unplayable without some added zazz, i'm just totally dying for this to make it to pc. for the love of god how hard is it to program zangief's new tights anyway?  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Interview
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Interview Jan 10, 2011, 23:15 TurdFergasun

awesome i hope they get the game to where they want it.... soon  

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo