Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game?
2. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 12:39 TurdFergasun

gta:redneck  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
34. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 13:39 TurdFergasun

i'd like to make an announcement that i've come to after much delibertaion: that is i've committed my full resources to broadening my game market, to possibly include thinking about an upcoming game from blizzard which may or may not be purchased at an as of yet, unknown timeframe which studies will show in a forward thinking approach to game purchasing that with due diligence and aggregated results which will generate a leading edge in the industry of choosing a game to possibly play at a synergistic moment in the future.  

News Comments > DMS ♥s Steam
30. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 24, 2012, 11:52 TurdFergasun

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 08:37:

Normally I'd write this off as the usual space captain ranting but with EA in the equation it sounds somewhat likely. I went to look at ME3 SKUs and there was a fucking $80 DDE. EA is just greedy, it goes well beyond simply making a buck.

i may be the captain of the tin foil hat brigade, but space is out of my jurisdiction.

News Comments > DMS ♥s Steam
26. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 24, 2012, 04:54 TurdFergasun

sure let origin get good so you can pile up the games, and have them shaft you in the ass 2 years down the road when one of their execs gets bored of shafting the little guy in other venues, or their profit margin drops by .005% from consoles so they turn on the screws again for pc gamers. falk them, falk their philosophy, columbo would agree.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2012, 02:30 TurdFergasun

Kosumo wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 22:01:
COD offline - the bail was to have no contact with the internet.

I felt ashamed at the way the NZ people played the tune that the US FBI called on this one. Althought he may be guilty of crime or civil crimes, the 70 police with guns and helicopters for a guy who no one as accused of violent actions is way over the top.

it's not about being rational, it's about maintaining a dogmatic system of control. fear is their main tool.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Piracy has negligible influence Feb 21, 2012, 19:06 TurdFergasun

http://vimeo.com/14912890

watched that yesterday, in regards to piracy and copying, fairly well put together vid on the subject

News Comments > President's Day Legal Briefs
6. Re: President's Day Legal Briefs Feb 21, 2012, 05:43 TurdFergasun

i'll sell you mine for a 40 of schlitz and a bj, but you gotta maintain eye contact the whole way through.  

News Comments > President's Day Legal Briefs
2. Re: President's Day Legal Briefs Feb 20, 2012, 20:48 TurdFergasun

the thing is, they've finished copying from others to make their own products, now it's time to drag that cheque to the bank under threat of lawful rape.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Cannabis drivers 'twice as likely to cause car crash'. Feb 12, 2012, 17:57 TurdFergasun

Hyatus wrote on Feb 12, 2012, 17:52:
I love how they will tout the results of these studies as loud as possible, but never actually link to it. It seems as if they've just taken the results from 9 other studies and put them together for a conclusion.

are you really surprised? big media and big pharma's roots come from the same soil. why would you expect real science from a big $$ pseudo news agency? bbc is an entertainment company, the headline caught your attn didn't it? thats all that matters, integrity..? thats just a bygone buzzword from yesteryear.

News Comments > Time Warner Financials
4. Re: Time Warner Financials Feb 11, 2012, 03:19 TurdFergasun

no but they won't leverage their services against you if you decide to stop using their original one. their isp business is just another pube from the same well warted junk they keep using to screw anyone foolish enough to turn their backs on them. i'd say TPB is disruptive to their entire empire.  

News Comments > Time Warner Financials
2. Re: Time Warner Financials Feb 9, 2012, 19:19 TurdFergasun

you mean like the pirate bay?  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
84. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 8, 2012, 08:31 TurdFergasun

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 20:22:

And I have a 570 card running on an i7 with 12gigs of RAM, so it's not a "tech" issue. I have more than enough horsepower to run Rage, and it still looks like crap. And that disappoints me somewhat, because I know and get that Carmack was going for the longevity card here, but it comes at the expense of what 99% of gamers are running now. The problem is, Megatexture tech is a bit of a memory whore, and because there are no depth sorting routines that give high-resolution priority to the objects closest to you, more often than not the things in the distance look ok, while those boxes and cans at your feet look like Quake 1 on d_mipcap 0.

John Carmack himself stated that in order to eliminate low resolution textures and texture popping, you need a graphics card that has 3GB of *unified* memory; that's not 2x1.5GB cards in SLI, mind you, but each card MUST have 3GB.

Out of the 314 nVidia Cards available on Newegg, only 4 have this much vRAM, and of those, only 3 use off-the-shelf cooling (the 4th is water cooled). These are ultra high-end 580GTX cards with non-standard vram configs, when compared to nVidia's own reference designs. ATI/AMD do have more options in that arena, but I'm not even sure if they fixed the driver screw-up so many people were struggling with. And for the record, these cards range from $490-$800. So you spend nearly 4x as much for a gaming rig that runs a game almost as nicely as a xBox 360.

That's what people are pissed off about.

I'm not saying that the engine won't look nice. It just doesn't look nearly as good as Skyrim does on your average gaming rig. With today's release of the texture pack, I expect that Skyrim will hold it's own to a decked out Rage-optimized rig as well.

Fundimentally, I get it, and I have no issue with what Carmack was trying to do. But, as a gamer, I do feel a little ripped off by all the hype that said this was going to be their biggest, deepest game yet, and then the story felt like it cut off on Chapter 3 of a 14 chapter novel.

^D^

sure the requirements are a bit steep, but so are the requirements for metro2033 which is a much nicer looking game, so is whitcher2. try to run it w/uber-sampling, or metro with proper AA so they look their best, and try to find a card that can play it at hi resolution at vsync frames, there's still no single card out there that can play it with solid vsync and proper anti aliasing.

two expensive($5-600) video cards that just came out though with 3gb of vram which will soon be the status quo, and just like when doom3 was around and the ati 9800xt came along that could actually play it with solid frames, there was a new yardstick, from the same game, and video card company too. doom3 looked tits out of the box back then, still looks alright today, but sure was a shitty game after the first hour or so. i'm seeing a pattern here. i admit rage as it is, isn't pretty in spots, but as a world to exist in for a time, it's a very compelling place visually, taken in as a whole. sort of steampunk dr seuss to my eyes, and very rich scenes, but just like doom3 rage blew it's wad early and the gameplay became work just to forward the story.

if id ever bother to do the same thing as bethesda with their supposed massive texture pack i'd probably go back for another run, much like how i'll probably risk another arrow to the knee in skyrim, but from the comparison shots, and the peasely 3gb texture pack size i'm not expecting much. perhaps when the new nvidia offerings come out in the next month or two id might find the effort worthwhile.

77. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 7, 2012, 04:45 TurdFergasun

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 20:22:
Probably because the low res textures that showed up in Rage looked like they were EGA resolution, whereas Skyrim's "High res textures" only fell apart on flora.

Unless you have a 3GB card, there is no way Rage looked better than Skyrim on Ultra.

And that's coming from an admitted disciple of the Church of id Software.

i have a 2gig card on an old ass core 2 system, and it ran beautifully. it clearly wasn't well optimized, but people with video cards with less than 1gig of memory aren't really in the demographic for top releases anymore, so why bother crippling the game for people who don't keep up? clearly pc gaming isn't high on your list for you if you have much less than a 1gig vram gpu, so why should the game dev make you a priority over the entire experience of everyone else who does make it a priority? i know some people like to think their geforce 4's or radeon x850's are still relevant pieces of hardware cause they're still faster than whats in the top consoles, but thats old fart logic, and it only applies to industries that don't evolve as fast as the tech sector and all it's derivatives.

Jerykk wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 01:00:

The key difference between Skyrim and RAGE is that you can actually interact with what you see in Skyrim. See something interesting off in the distance? You can go there and take a closer look. See a really nice looking fork on a table? You can take it or throw it or sell it. The visuals in RAGE are just that; visuals. You can't interact with any of the details in the environment and you can't explore the pretty scenery you see in the distance. It doesn't matter how nice an environment looks if you can't have any meaningful interactions with it.

yes, but just because i can interact with more stuff doesn't mean i'd want to bother after the first few items, considering they're nearly all insignificant, which is the problem making a game with that much object depth, nothing matters anymore, unlike the interactions with people in rage or gta4, but i get it, you can collect 100000 cheese rolls and make a bunch of them avalanche down a hill, thats not a game to me though it's an outlet for OCD. rage was a rail shooter, i never read anywhere previously it was destined to be anything else, not denying the possibility anyone was claiming it to be an open world game at early development, but wtf do you expect from ID? what game have they made previously that you'd expect it to be much different than it was? quake? RTCW? where is the open world production history for you to expect anything more? sure they screwed up a bunch of the porting, but it was less of a hackjob than skyrim imo, and i think alot of the gripes come from people who just don't dig the art style more than anything else. there were plenty of terrible textures in skyrim as well fyi, lots, even in the opening sequence, along with the mountains that are made from 5 sided polygons once you're less than 10km away. the mountain backdrops were pretty in doom for it's day as well, always wanted to go outside the compounds and check em out, but the hardware of the day was insufficient, sadly today it seems the programming acumen is not up to the task in the current talent pool, or at least the purse strings are too tight to allow it to happen.

it's all par for the course in pc gaming these days tho, the real talent and heart have long since left any of the top dev houses imo. just a million monkeys on a million keyboards. there's more art and soul in the 64k razor1911 demoscene videos than half these copy n paste profit cows. check out the 64k videos on youtube. impressive stuff, a taste of what actual inspiration can do, when it's not hindered by the greedy cogs in the machine. we're capable of alot more, and it's just another sad piece of evidence how the least amongst us are in charge of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYluWYTHoI&feature=fvwrel

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2012, 05:08.

68. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 6, 2012, 18:48 TurdFergasun

hmm i might actually bother playing more than 3 hours of skyrim if they do this right. rage looked far, far better than skyrim, unless you played both on consoles, or rage didn't run properly like it seems to have for some ppl, but getting things to work right is part of pc gaming. get used to it or get on the console short bus.

how the hell can complain about the scattered low res textures in rage, but love the entire low res scenes of skyrim? go play gta 4 with how much shit is going on around you, and in the smallest details, the great textures almost everywhere, and it suffered from consolitis worse than either of these two games. same with rage, the scenery looks alive if you have the settings right, and it all helps the big buzzword "immersion". try to look at skyrim after without feeling like it's devoid of any detail or life, there's just no atmosphere at all. skyrim reminds me of playing a dx7 game coming from other titles like witcher2, rage, gta4. basically anything from the past 3-4 years, and worse, unlike rage, there is absolutely no redeeming style to the art in skyrim there is no distinct style at all, it just looks like generic mmo art from 4 years ago. skyrim has a tonne of things rage did not, and vice versa. rage looks and feels good with immersive characters, who are actually talking to you with their mouths(what an amazing concept), but a short, n shitty climactic sequence, where skyrim is incredibly fugly, millions of poorly drawn un-interesting characters, but chalk full of stuff, a never ending list of stuff, miles and miles and miles of stuff... boring... boring stuff. quality over quantity for me thanks.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2012, 18:57.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2012, 00:27 TurdFergasun

well the world needed a bit more soylent green anyhow, now mcdonalds doesn't have to raise prices for another week.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 2, 2012, 17:12 TurdFergasun

so we won't have to worry about addblock or pesky flash pop ups right to our desktops because MS will make sure everything's made so well that there's no chance of anyone abusing this system, just like all their other fine data and user infrastructures.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2012, 10:49 TurdFergasun

not buying all the new things goes against the ways of landrU! buy all the things so that you are free to have all the things! PAK CHooIE UNF!

that is all

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2012, 17:41.

News Comments > THQ Refocuses - Open Letter
65. Re: THQ Refocuses - Open Letter Jan 26, 2012, 01:57 TurdFergasun

perhaps if the rich paid a proportionate amount of the tax burden, they'd literally have more to gain by the system's success rather than collectively organising it's failure. i'd love to see a powerful lobbyist group promoting something for the actual benefit of society instead of pressuring the gubmint to water the crops with brawndo.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2012, 01:33 TurdFergasun

5 extra hampsters! good for you console kiddies! the lowest common denominator has moved 1 rung up the latter to heaven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvVnszGd1w&feature=related

consoles are to computing what alan jackson is to quality music

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2012, 18:09 TurdFergasun

Bhruic wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 11:28:
SOPA sponsor has another Internet bill that records you 24/7.

Wow, talk about a massive overreaction. All the bill does is mandate that ISPs store who they assign IPs to. That's it. It's not "spying" on you, nor is it stealing your credit card info.

ya cause that doesn't sound like a shitty idea either.. now go wash your brain out with soap, it's better than what you've been washing it with previously.

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo