Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 8, 2013, 23:25 TurdFergasun

dammit thought it said swayze train, would have been so much better.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots May 8, 2013, 13:47 TurdFergasun

i'll save my mouth foam drooling for when there are PC screenshots. No desire to play new games on machines that are slower then what i bought last year.  

News Comments > Hellraid Trailer
3. Re: Hellraid Trailer May 8, 2013, 13:44 TurdFergasun

totally dig the dark messiah feel to this, hopefully the similarities aren't limited to the visuals.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 8, 2013, 00:06 TurdFergasun

gradbot wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:58:
Whine whine whine, you will all be using Windows 8 in a year or two.

only if Balmer pulls a Lucas and claims the negatives to windows 7 were lost when they were remastering it for win8.

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
13. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 7, 2013, 23:31 TurdFergasun

ledhead1969 wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:24:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 7, 2013, 20:55:
It was disgusting that EA was funding the gun industry anyway.

Checking your Steam games you are chock full of murder simulation playing, or criminal simulation if I include your GTA games. Stop thinking you are any better than the rest of us, NRA included. The gun industry protects your pathetic existence and makes it possible for you to live in your mom's basement spouting off about how bad guns are.

You are dumber than the word dumber deserves, you've passively made fox news a more credible place for information now, because of your statement not being aired by them. you should probably go back to courting your sister/cousins and digging new holes for all that excrement you produce to fall into.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots May 7, 2013, 17:16 TurdFergasun

try Warthunder, much better all around game then anything up Wargaming's sleeve. still f2p but much less p2w, much prettier and much better gameplay. same ppl that made wings of prey made Warthunder, so they basically had a decent game to wrap around the f2p format. Wargaming has been stammering badly ever since they announced the world of planes and warships plan.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 7, 2013, 16:15 TurdFergasun

swedishfriend wrote on May 7, 2013, 12:24:
STFU about valve time. They are one of the most prolific developers out there.

valves???!! THIS IS TEH TUBES!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2013, 16:09 TurdFergasun

mag wrote on May 7, 2013, 14:24:
nin wrote on May 7, 2013, 14:13:
jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2013, 13:38:
On the other hand, to quote the last article:

These sales figures are pretty much identical to that of its predecessor, Windows 7, which reached 100 million sales on April 27, 2010. While the traditional PC industry is on a downward slope, Microsoft are still somehow moving significant amounts of Windows 8 licenses.

That's really bizarre. How do you sell as many copies of an inferior
product in a declining market?

You give it away for $40.

Also, more PCs were sold in 2012 than in 2009 (when Win7 was released). The 'decline' is slower than the growth that was being seen immediately before.

Not to mention businesses were probably already scared off by VISTake before 7 even had a chance to breathe. Win7 has been out long enough that most companies are close to their upgrade windows and are looking to finally upgrade. Win8 though, is the new vista, so it's replacement(Win9) will likely share the same consumer/business fear that 7 did. Ms will say Win8 sold so well compared to Win9 so clearly they were right all along, but only in their delusional self fulfilled marketing prophecies.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2013, 17:21.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2013, 15:55 TurdFergasun

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2013, 14:54:
Beamer wrote on May 7, 2013, 13:49:

Yeah, the guy that upgrades PhotoShop rarely for something like that, but $19.99 per month isn't terrible if you use it for business, and since we admit most of those people rarely upgrade, what is stopping them from continuing to use their old version?

Also, I agree with the "GIMP sucks" thought stream. I wanted PhotoShop just for simple cutting and pasting at work. Not enough to buy PhotoShop, but enough that I needed something better than posting screenshots into PowerPoint and cropping them. I tried GIMP.
Man, GIMP is so painful to use.

Thankfully we eventually moved to Windows 7 and I could just use the genius Snip tool. Why did that take so long to come!?

Gimp is painful, but Snip is too limited. For basic image manipulation, I recommend Picasa. It's free, it's easy to use, and it does most of the basics pretty well: cropping, contrast, auto "fixing" washed out or under saturated photos, red eye, etc. It also has a bunch of fun filters like sepia, B & W, etc. It's got facial recog so you can auto tag your photos. Check it out. I've been using it for years.

I used to use Capture One on OSX along with Picasa, much faster and more streamlined for actual photo editing. Did i mention much faster? photoshop bridge is a massive mess of a program try working large format RAW or TIFF files with it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Leviathan: Warships
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Leviathan: Warships Apr 30, 2013, 23:52 TurdFergasun

Prez wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 21:32:
Thinking about getting this - anyone have any gameplay impressions to share?

I'm aboat to find out.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Theater of War Details
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Theater of War Details Apr 30, 2013, 17:16 TurdFergasun

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 09:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 07:49:
I think CoH 2 will be a disappointment to their actual RTS fans.
Not sure why would they be disappointed. I think COH2 is going to be great. I personally did not want COH2 to be COH1 with prettier graphics, and judging it from the beta I think they did manage to stay true to the original but make some changes to grant it to be a sequel.
I know I will enjoy the game, and I think they did give enough opportunity for the COH fans to get into the beta and check it out if they wanted to.

If COH2 is to COH1 what DOW2 was to DOW1 then most fans should be prepared for disappointment. Considering the way shareholders seem to be pushing for over monetization, and homogenization of every aspect of any AAA game these days, and the turmoil at Relic from the ownership shift, I have my doubts. Hoping to be proven wrong.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2013, 01:06 TurdFergasun

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 23:56:
So Mr Orwell was correct, just off by a few decades. With built in web cams included with everything now they can literally watch what you are doing, anytime, anywhere... I thought the second amendment guaranteed that would never happen, right?

No the 2nd amendment was there so you had something to defend your rights with, not that any would have done anything other than shooting yourselves in the feet. Now there's nothing left for you armchair jingoists but the 2nd, good priorities, glad you guys decided to start caring when they threaten to whittle away the real rights, like your right to handle your shiny cock compensators.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 25, 2013, 01:00 TurdFergasun

Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 23:16:
Not surprised that the crowd here is off the deep end tonight after watching both Fox & CNN news it seems a lot of people (and too many politicians) are out of sorts today.

you watched both CNN and FOX? wow you should work at the UN with your worldly knowledge.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage
3. Re: Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage Apr 24, 2013, 17:45 TurdFergasun

awesome, will be day 1 purchase unless they offer a deal on pre-ordering, one of the very few games i'd consider taking that risk on.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2013, 16:46 TurdFergasun

[url=]http://youtu.be/NKERC6F7mSM[/url]

directed at anarchists, but can easily apply to the libertarian/anti gubmint groups, except of course they believe their corporate saviors will solve all the vacuums left by removal of organizations for the sake of society to replaced by organization for the sake of profits, because you know profit and humanity seem to go hand in hand so well.

News Comments > "Strong Possibility" Relic to Make Dawn of War 3
16. Re: Apr 23, 2013, 16:13 TurdFergasun

Flatline wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 13:59:

I'll agree DOW2 wasn't an RTS. It was more of a Real Time Tactical game. They "fixed" this somewhat with the second expansion but I didn't particularly feel like it needed to be fixed. On it's own the game was fine. Tagging it Dawn of War 2 was the biggest mistake. I can clearly see the evolution though of DoW2 though, since Company of Heroes had almost no base building at all and focused on the units and combat, it was a natural extension to more or less ditch bases altogether.

It's funny, my memory of DOW1 was incredibly plain and unremarkable. I just didn't enjoy it much. Whereas DOW2 left a far stronger, more memorable experience. I played the shit out of it through Dark Crusade, but it always felt dry and bland. I played it because I didn't have a comparable RTS to play instead. And I love me some 40k.

coh1 had quite a bit of base building, are you sure you even played it? what it didn't have was traditional resource gathering, but if you played for US or Germany you had nearly as many buildings to build as you would have in starcraft or command and conquer games. They should have made a different game altogether for people as yourself who don't even seen to want a real RTS in the first place. Tactical RPG's shouldn't be replacing proper RTS games to appease to the shortest possible attention span with a penchant for shiny objects and bright colour palletes.

News Comments > World of Tanks Security "Event"
9. Re: World of Tanks Security Apr 23, 2013, 03:38 TurdFergasun

premium ammo now costs regular currency, aka silver. To be able to afford this ammo, you need to play premium otherwise the payouts won't be high enough to cover the cots of ammo replenishment. The different at most tiers for premium ammo is huge, gold-ap rounds and arty shells are so much more effective, if you don't have them you're basically fodder unless your team is decent, which only seems to happen on days that don't end with a Y. Don't believe me? buy an M4 sherman, with the small derp gun on it, and load it with gold, you should be 1-2 shotting everything within 3 tiers of you, there are many other tanks that have this ability as well. KV-5 with gold rounds is another.

It's been heavily transformed into a pay to win game since the first year pre/post beta. The developers are horrible at admitting to game faults, let alone addressing or fixing them. They are great at coming out with new objects to add a grind here or there, or new premium tanks/items.

I had a 1500 efficiency rating and 5 tier 10 tanks(obj268,IS7,E100,T-67,Batchat), let me assure you, there is no worthwhile endgame, tier 10 pub matches are a joke, clan wars is just another grind where you absolutely need premium equipment and shells to be competitive, and wargaming does it's best to screw that up on a week to week basis.

I'll reiterate these guys don't have a clue in the world, they got lucky with their quick success far too fast, and have grown too greedy and short sighted much like most big gaming publishers out there now.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 23, 2013, 02:57 TurdFergasun

Worse information, faster. So just like faux news but faster? At least rupert murdoch doesn't control facebook.... yet.  

News Comments > NY Times on 38 Studios
41. Re: NY Times on 38 Studios Apr 22, 2013, 16:50 TurdFergasun

Julio wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 11:36:
LittleMe wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 11:22:
The Chinese and many other countries own a huge amount of our debt.

Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 11:24:
8%. China has 8% of our debt.

And other countries besides China own another 38% or so of the US debt. Not that I'm agreeing with LittleMe on why our manufacturing base is moving to China. To me, it's a matter of corporations offshoring to increase profits, and consumers not caring where they buy from. There's a large amount of people buying non-US cars, they don't care if they buy goods from China either.

Whenever this much money vanishes, I still think it's worth an investigation to see if any of it stuck to Curt or the politicians' hands.

the free market only comes into play when it's advantageous to big business in the western world, it's free market hard knocks for everyone else when it doesn't suit the old boys. It's easy to continuously shift labor to markets where labor is cheaper, and a lot of times is maintained cheaper as a result of a massive lobbying force pushing for legislation to keep it that way. The only thing free about our market is the loyalty it's minions continue to shower upon it.

News Comments > World of Tanks Security "Event"
3. Re: World of Tanks Security Apr 22, 2013, 12:02 TurdFergasun

i'm sure it's the same old wargaming story: "working as intended" please pay no attention and continue showering us with money while we deliver crumbs and trinkets needed to make this f2p actually playable. Enjoy this opportunity to take part in our passwords for game currency event which is not related to any sort of hacking or piss poor security on our part... at all.

these guys don't have a clue unless it involves minute pedantic details about obscure tanks that never existed, If you're not one of the cows in this game, don't bother playing. can't wait for their zynga moment.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2013, 12:08.

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo