Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2012, 23:31 TurdFergasun

Pankin wrote on May 30, 2012, 23:04:
Those Red Letter Media critiques (by Plinkett) are surprisingly insightful. And entertaining. Plenty of "Yeah, right?" moments. Must-viewing.

you sir should receive your pizza roll within the fortnight, it shall be sent at once via the noon autogyro.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Morning Previews May 23, 2012, 07:06 TurdFergasun

i just hope they don't botch the formula like they did with dow2, why fuck with what works, and from the statement from the preview:

"Given that the focus is still on the few rather than the many, one of Relicís challenges will be convincing of the scale of conflict and loss with the camera zoomed in so tight"

i'm rather worried that they have.. tactical rts players want a tactical rts not some watered down tactical rpg so noobs can be brought into the demographic envelope. it's almost as bad as making an fps syndicate game.

News Comments > PC DiRT Showdown NOT Delayed
10. Re: PC DiRT Showdown NOT Delayed May 17, 2012, 18:12 TurdFergasun

until someone makes a rally game, and dares to compare it against richard burns i'll be pressing the skip button, especially after playing enough of the aptly named dirt series to know they compare to mario kart more than a real rally game. i guess they could slap some more EXTREME mountain dew stickers and monster drink labels on the box and that would make up for it's wealth of shortcomings.....  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 9, 2012, 17:43 TurdFergasun

not to mention osx can't write to ntfs without a special plugin/extension to first be able to mount and read the drive, then to allow write permissions. but making money on fear is the name of the game so facts can gtfo.  

News Comments > Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III
4. Re: Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III<br> A <a href= May 5, 2012, 16:57 TurdFergasun

funny i see another crash like oct 29th, 1929, but not just for games, cause these problems are rampant in every industry. history will repeat itself cause clearly nobody has learned a damn thing from it. hari seldon would know what to do, but i'm sure nobody would listen if he existed in our timespace.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 4, 2012, 08:51 TurdFergasun

i think the cities in logan's run had the right idea after all.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions
43. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 16:45 TurdFergasun

just another worthless, drowning corporate bannerman scrambling, and clawing for survival with hyperbole hoping to cling to the lifeboat of public opinion that has been his meal ticket for far too long. fuck this guy. i hope he drowns in all the collective fecal matter he spews from his mouth.  

News Comments > Starlight Inception Kickstart
19. Re: Starlight Inception Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 17:44 TurdFergasun

Crustacean Soup wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 16:30:
TurdFergasun wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 16:20:
this one looks like decent enough creative vision
I don't know, that's my main problem with this: it's thin. I mean, "dramatic" and "realistic" and "3rd person view", OK, but what is this game? It feels a little too vague and characterless.

freelancer did just fine in 3rd person, at least for my entertainment requirements, but that was almost a decade ago when big companies let the little guys work without as much involvement from the boys upstairs for the shareholder's sake. freelancer was a bit shallow and repetative compared to freespace, but it sure was a fun ride, and there hasn't been anything like it since. if this is made along those lines i could imagine it being $15 well spent, although you're right there isn't too much to go on from those quicktime cgi vids he's showing off, and from what's been put together at the moment there certainly isn't much to go from. it is however a good place to start, considering most pc gamers have been demanding this type of game for the past few years. i doubt 150k is enough to make it properly as well though.

News Comments > Starlight Inception Kickstart
15. Re: Starlight Inception Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 16:20 TurdFergasun

this one looks like decent enough creative vision, but too much marketing focus and poor business strategy. if only there were some middle ground which strikes a balance between the three without having one dominate the other disproportionately, like marketing has in all the big games these days. the big pubs take over zealous marketing and business strategies, add a micro drop of "essence of creativity" hoping that's all that's needed, cause you know being creative costs too much.

here's hoping things get straightened out a bit with this one.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2012, 07:08 TurdFergasun

yep but so was the intended effect of the title for this article.  

News Comments > EA Loses Consumerist Poll
29. Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 22:58 TurdFergasun

NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 22:01:

It's not just this poll. This poll is meaningless and will be forgotten in a few days. It's what the poll represents. The absurd frivolous attitude of consumers today, especially gamers.

It's that kind of frivolous thinking that I absolutely despise.

so what kind of result would show the frivolous, absurd attitude of corporatist parasites today that someone so seemingly entrenched in it's entrails as yourself could have a chance at swallowing?

it's your kind of apologist thinking that makes me wish my optic nerves could quantum tunnel to the back of my head 5 minutes prior to reading any of your drivel.

Congratulations ea, a well deserved helping of your own medicine. Savor it, bask in the steamy goodness that is the fruit hatched from your own diseased loins.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 4, 2012, 15:02 TurdFergasun

Hopefully they keep making it, cause we don't need another tech duoploy. there are really only two major competitors at the moment with sandforce and marvel, samsung is sort of in there at the moment. it would be nice for indilinx to step up to something similar in performance and reliability. As of now they've had neither in their everest drives, but i think that has somewhat to do with very cheap nand chips being used in the drives paired with those controllers. if you want something for the long term, never settle for anything less than synchronous MLC, preferably onfi2. SLC chips would be the top, but they're so damn expensive.  

News Comments > Cancelled Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
7. Re: Cancelled Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Apr 4, 2012, 14:45 TurdFergasun

xplane-10, DCS, FSX these seem to be doing fine, and they're fairly hardcore sims. i'm pretty sure their definition of commercial success is different than yours though as they didn't whore out every orifice possible in their games to their maximum diameter.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter
23. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 14:24 TurdFergasun

awesome, really f'n awesome. hell next i'd expect there to be a blackthorne game followed by flashback 2. now someone go off george lucas and steal the rights to full throttle.  

News Comments > TAKEDOWN Kickstarter Funded
25. Re: TAKEDOWN Kickstarter Funded Apr 3, 2012, 17:14 TurdFergasun

i'm willing to take the risk of a few $15 bursts in an attempt to give life to a system that may circumvent the BS old boy network of glad handing game publishers. when is the last time somebody tried anything significantly different like KS? the only people i think should be truly worried are the parasites who are currently killing their host.

currently invested in project c.a.r.s. which is looking outstanding currently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jqtJfjCqA&feature=related, and wasteland 2 which seems to be headed by someone with a fantstic sense of humor with his quick pitch video and a solid grasp of the problems creative individuals are being faced with in the current development environment.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2012, 17:57.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 3, 2012, 01:40 TurdFergasun

Dirwulf wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 00:22:
Gamer hate is stupid.

i'd say it's a pretty clear message to the board and shareholders voting who's sitting where, and what direction they keep heading in, when a company like BoA who've screwd over people with something as serious as mortgages and retirement funds can garner a comparable hate level to a company like EA which deals in games that are supposed to make people happy or at least engage them in some entertainment. it takes a special kind of stupid to run a video game company that hard into the dirt of public opinion. i'm lookin your way riccitiello you smarmy sackless imp.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
17. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 2, 2012, 15:13 TurdFergasun

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 23:15:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 18:16:
nin wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 17:43:
The lesson learned is you have a right to a personal life outside of work. And it's none of your employers fucking business.

Last time I looked nin, alot of american companies don't believe this.

Some might say that your life outside of work is a reflection of the work you do or WHO you work for - I know my job says that. I imagine it happens a lot of places....

dear fascism: some of us are ready i guess.....

News Comments > Wasteland 2 and Obsidian
29. Re: Wasteland 2 and Obsidian Mar 30, 2012, 21:44 TurdFergasun

onboard for $15 for now. definitely like the cut of this guy's jib, and what kickstarter projects mean for the future of game development.  

News Comments > SEGA Cutting Jobs, Games
3. Re: SEGA Cutting Jobs, Games Mar 30, 2012, 21:22 TurdFergasun

it's what happens when you expect people to flock to 100 different dlc packs expecting all the people who've bought the original to spend the money that nobody has. now their profit outlook is much smaller than they probably predicted so it appears they've under performed, but the reality is ppl have $60 for a full game, and not $60 more hiding in the background to be pissed away on horse armor.  

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
71. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 18:34 TurdFergasun

Beamer wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 16:29:
Interesting that you say "conspiracy nut." By "power bar" do you mean "surge protector?" So you're saying EA can detect what the password of my laptop is if it's plugged into the same surge protector as my desktop connected to Origin?

Oooook. Either that or you're on some strange tangent.

Regardless, what you're saying does NOT require a persistent connection. If EA really was going to harvest information on every single thing you have why would they force this connection? Why draw attention to it? Why create this kind of animosity? Why not store it in a file and just upload it whenever possible? Everyone is connected to the internet at some point, so why not just quietly wait?

These theories are akin to the underwear gnomes. And there are major flaws, most specifically that nothing mentioned in any way increases their profit. Not even close to the amount of headaches they're getting for this decision.

But forcing people to always be tied to the online store? That may well do it.

no you troglodyte, you're wrong about all the things i'm afraid. i'm explaining the password situation to show evidence of how little access you need to someones computer to harvest sensitive data.

now why wouldn't they harvest your information, it's been workin great for google, apple, and microsoft for quite a while. fairly ignorant, either willfully or just from natural skill for you to push the idea that a company as dirty as EA wouldnt' want in on the action.

here's some old news for you, you might not have received in your golden shower... er tower:

[url=]http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10200631-83.html[/url]

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2012, 18:44.

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo