Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2012, 19:25 TurdFergasun

looks like something that should have stayed mobile only, like iOS vs OSX. how about miOS or just metro? big mistake force-feeding a touch based os to the desktop imo instead of just releasing a new service pack on the very popular and well received current MS OS. i'll be installing it as a vm only, and only to familiarize with it for the purpose of tech assistance.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 29, 2012, 23:20 TurdFergasun

isn't that a question that could be actively studied in the current corporate climate?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2012, 19:58 TurdFergasun

well you got one thing right, your government should stick to defense for once in it's history. vote repubmocrat!  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 28, 2012, 19:55 TurdFergasun

JediPunisher wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 19:33:
I used to be a proud PC gamer; My last rig cost over $3K.
But, due to the lack of quality PC games, I find myself playing my XBox 360 much more.
I even moved my 360 to my desk, connected to my PC monitor. It sure would be nice if it functioned at full HD res along with mouse/keyboard support... maybe next-gen.
Better yet, the next-gen XBox should offer upgradeable memory, cpu, and video chips... merging the lines between PC and console. In other words, a return to the glory days of Commodore Amiga and Atari ST gaming computers. Yeah, it'll never happen.

more likely you'll get a vic20 that requires constant online connection and retina/facial recognition from the license holder of each unit. want to run a second controller? $15 to rent an extreme friendship dlc license for the day.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 16:53 TurdFergasun

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 13:51:
I'm guessing plenty of people leave their cell phones at bars. So why is it so hard to believe that someone carrying an unreleased phone may accidentally do the same? He/she was clearly consuming alcohol which increases their chances of making stupid mistakes.

because of how easy it is to track any smart/android phone. if you were a company interested in keeping it secret, it would be very easy to keep tabs on the location of each handset. it reeks of marketing's uncreative diddling.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 20, 2012, 21:12 TurdFergasun

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 14:54:
Poor analogy because these are stories focused on a commercial product whereas newspapers run the gamut of reporting things that have nothing to do with commerce.

you're saying most corporate/most major outlet sourced news isn't designed to proliferate commerce in one form or another? much of it imo is designed to be consumed in a controlled manner not possible within an aggregating system.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 20, 2012, 20:56 TurdFergasun

Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 19:26:
It's cool when Android updates but it seems like it takes forever for the updates to get distributed.

which is why i like to stick to carrier-firmware-free nexus fones. you're not dependent on the lazy carriers to approve the new firmware each and every time it comes out as long as there's a version for your specific hardware.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
16. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 18:56 TurdFergasun

this is shaping up to be a cross between dow2 and coh, aka coh: tales of failure - online only coop edition . i hope relic has enjoyed ruining their last franchise that was worth a damn.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2012, 11:48 TurdFergasun

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 01:46:

I really have no idea how anyone can say Samsung did not copy the iPhone.

Because one of the infractions the jury found in their 22 hours of deliberation was this? Yep, curved top and bottom (therefore not a rectangle,) full QWERTY keyboard, twice the thickness of an iPhone, SAMSUNG written in giant letters on the front, that totally looks like an iPhone. It's so obvious!

But being serious, Samsung isn't really any better in this nonsense, nor is Google. The entire thing is one massive fight for leverage on licensing fees. The verdict on this case was so batshit insane that it's entirely possible it's just going to be thrown out and gone through allll over again. Seriously, one of the reasons the jury blazed through it so fast was that they skipped the question of prior art. "It was bogging us down!" Basically the entire point of the case, and they just ignored it because it was taking longer. Not even getting into how the damages they awarded are by their own admission not following the guidelines given to them for how damages in a patent infringement case are supposed to work, or the jury foreman having a blatant conflict of interest holding his own (blatantly bullshit) patent...

Either way, if this verdict holds or if the case is tried again, there's no way this is going to see any resolution for years. It's just going to be appealed, and appealed, and appealed, and appealed... this entire thing is just one giant demonstration of how broken the patent system is.

there's alot of money to be made in having cases like this dragged into infinity, i have to wonder where the motivation will be for a system like this to ever be revamped.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Season Pass
38. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 00:12 TurdFergasun

JoeNapalm wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 10:25:
I will gladly pay you today for a hamburger next tuesday.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

fixed

News Comments > World of Tanks Generals Announced
2. Re: World of Tanks Generals Announced Aug 13, 2012, 17:03 TurdFergasun

doesn't seem so bad, looks interesting in concept, and i'd trust them with the online f2p concept alot more than the corporate psychos in ea or activision.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 18:51 TurdFergasun

doesn't matter who's captain of the titanic after it hits the iceberg, it's still gonna sink with either side's liars installed.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Community Day Contest; Trailer
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Community Day Contest; Trailer Jul 18, 2012, 17:36 TurdFergasun

good thing i'm pretty sure MS has nothing to do with this one. hopefully there will be some sort of SP campaign in the future.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter Alpha Footage
8. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Alpha Footage Jul 16, 2012, 16:51 TurdFergasun

EA seems to like the old kroney cable subscription business model, force products the customer doesn't want in order for them to get the 1 thing they're actually interested in. hopefully ppl properly start cutting the cord on EA as well.  

News Comments > LucasArts FPS Plans?
32. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 17:49 TurdFergasun

full throttle 2 plz.  

News Comments > BF3 Double XP Week
8. Re: BF3 Double XP Week Jul 3, 2012, 10:24 TurdFergasun

just turn up the contrast, down brightness and over saturate colours for the bc2 michael bay filter experience that is bf3.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2012, 02:53 TurdFergasun

how can one poison a well full of bile and piss anyway?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Assange Jun 20, 2012, 17:11 TurdFergasun

Don't worry, soon america's greedy decline will allow the gauls/chinese to conquer from afar financially and murika won't be the main focus of people like assange for much longer. Unless you speak cantonese or mandarin you won't be able to understand his successor's info leaks regardless, and nobody will care what 3rd world usa is up to.

Just keep watching them jangling keys infront of your noses followed by your maxed out visas and m/c's and make sure to blame all external sources for your troubles. It's not murikas fault for betraying it's principles and descending into the the tyranny it was founded against, it's clearly the fault of those who are bringing it to light.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2012, 14:23 TurdFergasun

only on blues news could a face-palmingly ignorant religious article bring about intriguing existential debate nearly free of auto-dogmatic male cow fecal discharge.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: also: the sky is blue Jun 2, 2012, 14:57 TurdFergasun

you'd have to be to believe either side is telling any truths that don't service their own unspoken purposes.  

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo