Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TurdFergasun

Real Name TurdFergasun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2008, 21:54
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 54652

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Tease?
17. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 11:30 TurdFergasun

Fo3 was a much more enticing environment to explore, and had memorable characters, as apposed to NV were i can't remember a single character or dialogue sequence. Republic of dave, uncle leo, three dog, and the music he spammed is still on a cd i play on a semi regular basis, with lots of dry humor that didn't need to slap you over the head with the punchline. Side quests were compelling, and rewarded exploration, and mission progress. NV just seemed like quantity>quality. Couldn't be bothered to get more than 1/2 way through. I'd compare fo3 to a witty british sitcom vs the average holywood cookie cutter show with the same jokes told with different faces over and over so no demographic feels left out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Android stats Jan 6, 2013, 23:18 TurdFergasun

Panickd wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 17:16:

You don't have to get tied to a new agreement with your when you get a new phone. I've been through three different phones now and been out of contract for over four years. And an option is not options, that's singular as opposed to plural as Google only offers a single Nexus phone at a time.

there are carriers that usually have new versions of the last nexus phone for up to a year or so, and you can purchase the current nexus from google direct. hell there's plenty of brand new nexus s and one's still on the market if you have a bit of a search. while you dont' have to sign on for the 3yr plan of payment servitude $5-600 is a bit much for a phone, basically a reverse incentive to tie you down to a contract, sort of similar to how cable companies charge through the ass for internet if you dont' bundle tv and phone service.

MS deserves all the animosity they get and more, they try to shoe horn their customers into doing what's good for MS, making serving the customer a distant priority, as long as the customer stays hooked on the MS snake oil mission accomplished. they imitate and copy, and stifle what growing innovations exist to defend or bolster their own software monopoly. and because balmer.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2013, 23:23.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Android stats Jan 6, 2013, 16:14 TurdFergasun

Like i've said previously there are options around carrier firmware, it's called any nexus device. You're making a choice to be corralled into a carriers unwillingness to give a shit about your ability to upgrade the os on an aging phone when you buy a non nexus device. Sure if you don't like the nexus designs i guess you have to take that into consideration when purchasing yourself a new 3 year slavery term...

re: maps

I hope windows phone burns as badly as win8, sad for nokia, but MS burnt it's bridges for any fucks to be given long ago. they should allow more browsers to be used with their phone if they want maps support, considering they only have 2% of the mobile market I wouldn't expect google to make supporting their crappy mobile browser a priority. The bully in the school yard crying foul cause they got a whiff of something that somewhat resembles their own medicine.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Jan 3, 2013, 19:23 TurdFergasun

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 18:46:
TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 16:23:
A high metacritic score is the defining metric for how great mediocrity can be

you are another perfect example

I'm legitimately concerned i don't meet your approval. I have so much feels right now.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jan 3, 2013, 16:23 TurdFergasun

So you don't think spammed fake accounts can be used to skew user scores? I guess that never happens.

Metacritic bemoaning a lack of quality is like an american walmart customer bemoaning the lack of american manufacturing jobs. They're both one of the main driving forces that create the situation they bemoan.

A high metacritic score is the defining metric for how great mediocrity can be

News Comments > Festivus Safety Dance
2. Re: Festivus Safety Dance Dec 23, 2012, 17:08 TurdFergasun

Hell most of you shouldn't be allowed sharp scissors let alone firearms ffs, and most of the pro nra arguments support that statement by behavioral example. You act like a bunch of 10 year olds being told to go to bed slightly early. Set the iq for gun ownership at 100, problem solved. No more armed brawndo sippin freedom fanatics.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 05:24 TurdFergasun

get onto DSL reports, go to the isp forum and make a post on verizon direct. There are proper support agents there who know wtf they're doing, at least they have for the two canadian isp's i've had problems with. waiting 4 hours repeatedly on hold got old pretty quick. I don't even bother phoning tech support lines anymore, just make a post, wait for a reply from someone knowledgeable in both the tech and proper customer service. It seems once a tech support rep is no longer an anonymous numbered tech slave behind a firewall of random names and employee numbers they actually seem to give a damn.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 03:33 TurdFergasun

but but but you guys need those full auto assault rifles and AP bullets to defend the frontier from the marauding hordes of anti-freedom abortion lovin terrorists! Clearly there needs to be a scape goat that will shift focus to protect the average redneck's ability to stay fully armed, cause you know if the gubmint ever does decide to use it's military against it's citizens a few assault rifle armed rednecks are gonna turn the tides in favor of FREEEDuuUMB!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 20, 2012, 03:23 TurdFergasun

It's not a software problem, it's a marketing and accounting problem.

....It's not really a marketing and accounting problem either though. it is a systemic social structural issue thats formed by a caustic intent to control, and monitor everything everyone does or thinks, and the trickle down effect is finally glaringly visible in areas nerds and geeks pay attention to.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2012, 15:52 TurdFergasun

You're expecting a government which rules only by the grace of large corporations to do anything different?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2012, 15:45 TurdFergasun

American isp options: burn your wallet or burn your house.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 10, 2012, 17:59 TurdFergasun

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 16:09:
Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 15:52:
You are implying that paper maps were better, as if people never got lost with one of those.
No, of course not.

Paper maps were better because they forced the user to either have a working knowledge of how they work, or at least be arrogant and ignorant enough to pretend they do. Most would just agree they don't know wtf they're going before venturing out, and ask someone who did, if they didn't fall into either one of those two user groups. The knowledgeable map user wouldn't get lost, and the asshole who's pretending deserves what he gets. GPS just enables people who don't know wtf they're doing at the best of times to have the false sense of security that they do.

News Comments > Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer
16. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 18:59 TurdFergasun

besides the potential bricking issues, there is the fact that the 840's write speed is significantly slower than the 830's. read speeds are similar.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 17, 2012, 14:47 TurdFergasun

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 14:42:
Wildone wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 14:14:
FU the industry that ignored space sims..obviously there was more than a niche market out there. FU.

Not so fast...

Don't mean to rain on the parade, quite the contrary as I am pretty enthusiastic about Star Citizen myself and backed the project, but I think we need to acknowledge that in spite of the seemingly overwhelming success of this fund-raiser, there are still "only" a little over 60K people who were willing to pledge for this space sim so far.
60K people is nothing. Even 2x 60K is still nothing. Numbers like that mean that we are firmly and deeply in "niche market" territory.

We should not be totally blinded by the success of this campaign. Looking at the whole picture there is plenty of reason for concern. Space sims are a niche (how many people do you know who own a flight controller of some sort?) and will continue to be an endangered species with a serious risk of extinction if CR fails to deliver... which, btw, isn't that unlikely at all.
Reminiscing the Origin and Digital Anvil days, I remember hefty delays and cut features and if you check out CR's bio (on Wikipedia) you can see he definitely has a bit of a hit & miss track record.
He's not the messiah and this ain't the Second Coming.

60k backers without a finished product and a large varying outline is quite a statement I'd say. These backers aren't indicative of total purchases in any way considering how basic the planning stage is at this point. What other game or game company which has a release date of 2 years away would receive this many backer's trust especially with a new IP? This is a pretty large shift against the iron fisting of publishers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 18:34 TurdFergasun

you just seem pathologically racist against a black man leading your country like 75% of the gop and teabaggers out there. try to come up with some other injustice your great black whale has infected upon your country that hasn't been done by his predecessors 10 fold before he even old enough to plan this financial ruin you purport to blame on him. the confederacy is over you noobs get over it and move on with your lives, so people can discuss things that are actually relevant to the consequences of reality within a massively complicated geo political system.

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:35:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:29:
Did I say Bush? I said the GOP. History bears that out. Want a good economy and low unemployment you choose the Democrats. Want debt, war and bad times yo choose the GOP. Try reading some ACTUAL history sometime and you'd learn that.

Like I said, you live in a fantasy world where all the world's problems lie at the feet of one political party in the US. Oh wait I forgot, Obama didn't start military action in Libya without congressional approval, oh wait I forgot, Obama's administration isn't following the same Bush time table for pulling troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our economy sure is flying now that Obama spent a trillion more in 4 years than Bush in 8, that's helping out amazingly.

Maybe we should just print some more money, devalue the dollar some more and call it a day.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
81. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:15 TurdFergasun

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:54:
Screenshot comparison between IV(PC) and V here.

Personally I think V looks better. The lighting looks more natural, less "gamey". Character models are better too.

but are those comparisons from in-game gta4 vs cutscene gta5? i'm willing to be they are in most of those images. i highly doubt the ps3 could render those images in-game with most likely the exact same engine.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
109. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 14, 2012, 17:53 TurdFergasun

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:56:
Jow wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 21:03:
Quboid wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 20:32:
It seems arrogant to assume my own taste is somehow superior and that publishers should disproportionately consider my opinions. Market forces won't create the perfect game for anyone, never mind everyone, but it will tend to treat people fairly. People have voted with their wallets and they've voted for CoD.

Yeah, I'm not posting this assumnig my taste is superior, but as I mentioned before I've been gaming forever. I went through Doom and all the other FPSs to follow as well as ton of other shit and my tastes are different now. Unfortunately this is what makes the dough and I need to either find my entertainment elsewhere or indulge more in my other hobbies.

You say you're not, but then you explain how you are. I've been playing games for a similarly long time but my money, therefore opinion, isn't worth any more than a 14 year old Xbox Live kid's.

i think anyone's well thought and informed opinion is superior to most 14 year old kids who, for the most part don't know how to even form a cohesive opinion, and probably won't bother to learn the skill with the way opinions are manufactured, and accepted for most of this consumer based generation.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
101. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 22:49 TurdFergasun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6D-ys43DMo

i'm pretty sure this, and only this is metal. 1:25 is where your face melts appropriately.

i would even play blops 2 to this soundtrack.

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
47. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 16:07 TurdFergasun

or you could do none of that inane crap and ignore win8 like the red-headed orphan you lock in the cellar with a bucket of fisheads.  

News Comments > Bridge Project and Demo Now Available
3. Re: Bridge Project and Demo Now Available Nov 6, 2012, 18:21 TurdFergasun

bridge it was a pretty fun and frustrating game. looking forward to this one.  

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo