Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 2 2.0 Released
11. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Released Sep 29, 2011, 15:54 StingingVelvet

Glad they released the patch as a file on its own... want to keep a backup from 1.0 with all the different versions, since they have changed a lot.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
6. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 15:49 StingingVelvet

It's almost like the CEO of Ubisoft had a PC rape his daughter or something. They have an almost irrational fear of and hatred for our platform. While other publishers are embracing us more, they run away and scorn us.

Good thing 90% of their games are shit anyway.

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
7. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 19:03 StingingVelvet

Yeah, I would like the silenced sniper and such, but I want to buy them in the game or find them in a well-hidden area. I don't want to just start the game with awesome high-tier weapons and bonus cash.

If they are in the game somewhere too I could just drop them when I start I guess.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November
15. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 18:42 StingingVelvet

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 17:04:
As for RDR... I'm about as optimistic of that being ported as Alan Wake.

When they announced the complete version of RDR without a PC sku I think that was the final nail in the coffin.

That said Manhunt 2 came out on PC years later out of nowhere, so you never know.

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
2. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 18:40 StingingVelvet

Do these weapons and items come with you at the start or are they spread around? I don't want high power items out of the gate, but finding them later in shops and such would be cool.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas DLC
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas DLC Sep 27, 2011, 23:54 StingingVelvet

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 20:57:
The Horse Armor pack?

Not nearly that useless, but certainly not a tremendous value either. Still, some of the guns and new mods are pretty cool.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes
13. Re: The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes Sep 27, 2011, 14:54 StingingVelvet

Some significant changes to combat going on there. Glad I will always have the launch version on-hand with my GOG backup.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 2: Off The Record DRM, Specs
8. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record DRM, Specs Sep 27, 2011, 14:52 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 14:37:
From their FAQ, which is quite amusing in the ways it lies about what Live allows you to do and doesn't force you to do. (I've NEVER been able to play a GfWL game without being forced to sit through their interminable, PS3-like updates, and they happily claim that you never have to update if you don't want to.)

You can refuse updates with an offline profile.

News Comments > Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order
3. Re: Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order Sep 23, 2011, 22:37 StingingVelvet

The definition of insanity is...  

News Comments > ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif Next Month
4. Re: ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif Next Month Sep 22, 2011, 13:16 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:57:
So, four then. For a game that pretends to be an RPG, that's a pathetic amount of gameplay.So it's not even as cheap as you make it out to be.

Just wait for the inevitable $2.50 sale price.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road Sep 20, 2011, 23:52 StingingVelvet

Not sure why they aren't releasing the new gun pack on the same day. I want to use those guns in the new DLC, obviously.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 01:35 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 00:29:
(In my testing, it appears that Tranq shots to the shoulders and above kill instead of knockout.)

That didn't happen to me at all. I tranqed guys in the head on a several occasions and still got the Pacifist achievement.

Some gang members in Detroit do die if you shoot them in the head with tranqs for some reason. I know the one outside that apartment for the dirty cop quest does. I got the pacifist achievement anyway though, so I think it is just a label error.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:25 StingingVelvet

If this fixes my stuttering the game will literally be perfection.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 15, 2011, 01:38 StingingVelvet

Ray Marden wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 18:38:
That is one of my biggest problems with DLC. I ended up putting 45 hours into DE, but I am done with now.

Exactly. And as a loyal fan I will likely buy it, but then it will either wait for me to play the whole game again or it will be done in 3 hours and leave me wanting.

I miss expansions for a lot of reasons, but length is a big one. An expansion gave you real reason to break the game out again. Some DLC like Fallout: New Vegas' does that, but few others.

News Comments > Blackwell Deception Next Month, Demo Now
3. Re: Blackwell Deception Next Month, Demo Now Sep 15, 2011, 01:33 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 01:03:
It's pretty weird that Wadjet doesn't sell their games on any distribution service aside from Minmax. I thought Gemini Rue was great and I'm pretty sure a lot more people would know about it if it was at least on Steam.

Steam have rejected all their games, he talks about it on their forum and elsewhere. I think they are up on Gamersgate.

News Comments > Scrolls Lawsuit Update
7. Re: Scrolls Lawsuit Update Sep 14, 2011, 22:59 StingingVelvet

I'm not going to publish all of Bethesda for this because a) 99% of their staff have nothing to do with it and b) US copyright law is so fucked I'm not even sure their lawyers are wrong to be concerned.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 14, 2011, 17:30 StingingVelvet

Looking forward to it, though I do lament these short DLCs coming out months after I have finished the game. It feels so forced to go back and play a game you finished for 2-3 more hours, then stop again. For RPGs anyway.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 14:53 StingingVelvet

I assume a demo is coming at some point? Going from a free version of the game to not even having a demo is kind of weird.

I'm sure it's great but I don't play racers much, so I need a demo.

News Comments > Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio
10. Re: Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio Sep 14, 2011, 14:50 StingingVelvet

Darks wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 14:44:
If you are referring to OFRR then I donít understand what you are talking about. There was nothing laughable about the game. it was a good solid shooter and a lot of fun Coop. The only real annoyance I had with this game was the Loud mouth SSGT who cussed way too much and talked down to his troops like there were the lowest life form on the planet. The other was the locked down leash they had us on when trying to go out of bounds. OFDR was much better in this regard. Other then that the game was fun.

I was talking about Bodycount.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
13. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Sep 14, 2011, 13:50 StingingVelvet

Looks wrong to me... the setting is not Max Payne at all and it looks sooooo muddy. Also despite getting the right voice it just doesn't sound like Max dialogue wise. Not to mention the action looks pretty standard.

We shall see though, I really do have an open mind.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo