Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming?
39. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 7, 2011, 02:05 StingingVelvet

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 22:47:
Are they saying we can get 360 games on a PC, but they are streaming games (aka not really processing on our pc?). Or win8 will natively run 360 games? If it's the former, yawn.

Pretty sure they mean you can stream games from your Xbox 360 to another device for mobible gameplay. I really doubt you will be able to play Xbox games without an Xbox.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming?
30. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 6, 2011, 16:01 StingingVelvet

Oh yeah, take those sub-720p and compressed Xbox games and add streaming into the equation. Awesome!  

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
15. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 15:58 StingingVelvet

I didn't think they could make this game less appealing than it already was. I was wrong.  

News Comments > More on RAGE Tweaking
11. Re: More on RAGE Tweaking Oct 6, 2011, 02:55 StingingVelvet

Krovven wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 23:51:
Yea I know about that guys *fix* from the Steam forums. There are also a lot of people saying they have major game stability problems after following his suggestions.

Probably people without the VRAM for the settings they alter. No issues here on my GTX 480 with the tweaks, game looks much better.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
29. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 02:44 StingingVelvet

necrosis wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 00:47:
Sorry but no. There is no way I can spend $50-60 on a game that comes out MONTHS after consoles anymore because its "new". Only to then usually get shafted buy DRM or their pathetic "we had to delay the game for PC enhancements" bullshit.

Already dumped my Batman:AC preorder. Will pick it up when the price tanks around Christmas.

If you're a PC only gamer like myself the console release is irrelevant. RDR is a game that is worth $60.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
9. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 5, 2011, 22:20 StingingVelvet

Well saying GTA "titles" at least makes me think GTA5 will have a PC release, which is good enough for me.

I'll play RDR the moment I get a PS3, if I ever do. I got a PS2 to play some console games but the PS3 isn't as attractive right now because I have less free time.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
8. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Oct 5, 2011, 22:15 StingingVelvet

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 21:05:
Love to see the (lack of) sales numbers on this...

The game itself sold pretty well despite the reviews and feedback, but I would be surprised if this DLC breaks a 1,000.

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
36. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 17:27 StingingVelvet

Yeah, rocking the AF, larger FOV, mouse smoothing removal and 8k texture config and OMG, this game is now awesome. Enjoying it very much.  

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
1. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 14:59 StingingVelvet

Best comparison I have seen: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31546495&postcount=98  

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
134. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 23:16 StingingVelvet

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 16:31:
I think that's the point many people are missing. The game is scaling texture detail based on your hardware to maintain 60fps. It has HD textures in it right now, it just won't use them as it would render your game at "below optimal framerates."

John even stated that this was going to be the case months ago when talking about the technology and how it worked.

Now, is how it's choosing a patchwork of texture resolutions a little whack? Oh, probably. Will it get fixed? Most definitely (this is id, afterall).

As I stated earlier, since when has id ever shipped a game designed to max out with today's hardware? They always target down the road...

*shrug*

Textures should go off VRAM and id have said the scaling is in relation to VRAM. I have 1700MB of VRAM so there is no reason I should be seeing 1999 era textures.

If it's a glitch then fine, patch it, but I have a feeling these are the best Rage has to offer.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
110. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 16:13 StingingVelvet

Game works fine for me with very little texture pop-in, but my GOD do the textures look terrible. The walls and characters look great but the floors, items and pretty much anything else look ATROCIOUS. Like Playstation 1 bad in some spots. There is a hilarious thread on the Steam forums showing off the worst of the worst.

Megatextures indeed.

News Comments > PC Piracy and DRM Analysis
33. Re: PC Piracy and DRM Analysis Oct 1, 2011, 12:18 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 04:03:
Except many millions more would play if there were no subscription fee at all. With that many players, the likelihood of people spending more than $10 a month on cosmetic items, XP boosts and unlockables rises exponentially. There's nothing really "supposed" about the subscription model being phased out. More and more formerly subscription-based games are going F2P and more and more upcoming games are being designed with F2P in mind.

Most of what you wrote didn't really address my core point, which is that I don't see massive success statements from F2P shooters yet. The biggest multiplayer shooters are CoD, Battlefield, Gears, Halo, Uncharted, etc... none of them are F2P except TF2. On the flipside a ton of MMOs and MOBA games are F2P and successful.

I am sure stuff like Battlefield Heroes makes money or else it would have been shut down, but is it really a lot of money? Is it really the kind of money that will entice them to replace the traditional model anytime soon? I don't see it yet.

News Comments > PC Piracy and DRM Analysis
28. Re: PC Piracy and DRM Analysis Oct 1, 2011, 03:53 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 02:06:
Frankly, I'd be shocked if Activision didn't release a F2P version of CoD supported by microtransactions. It wouldn't even have to be a new game. It could just be the multiplayer component of an older game such as MW2, much like Battlefield Play4Free, Quake Live, TF2, etc.

Any of those really successful though? TF2 we don't really have any press releases about, but I assume it's the most profitable. The others always seem to have press releases talking about trying to find the profit. It seems to me like all the F2P success stories are in the MMO genre along with LoL.

I think a subscription CoD would be more successful. I know subscriptions are supposedly on the way out, but I bet millions would pay $10 a month for CoD multiplayer with large dedicated servers, consistent patches and new maps every month or so.

News Comments > Diablo III Speed Hack?
21. Re: Diablo III Speed Hack? Oct 1, 2011, 03:50 StingingVelvet

That's amusing. I bet if hacking the game is still possible the always online thing will actually increase cheating, since people can't use offline characters to mess around.  

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin
18. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Oct 1, 2011, 03:47 StingingVelvet

Keeps telling me to wait as the servers are too busy... nothing new for Steam though.  

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
22. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 21:01 StingingVelvet

Alamar wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 16:10:
I'll take a stand here and assume that no rape was involved... And that Ubi neither 'fears' or 'hates' the PC platform... They do, however, like many companies, love the monies ; )

There is a ton of money to be made on the PC though. Ubisoft seem to just not want it.

News Comments > Broken Sword Free on GOG.com
2. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 20:59 StingingVelvet

Sho wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 20:45:
Still my favorite adventure game ever, just a small notch above The Longest Journey. Not really all that happy with the Director's Cut, though - I miss having the Paris opening at the front of the game. Plus, playing the original in ScummVM with its resolution upconverting modes kind of makes for better graphics on modern screens than what the DC pulls off.

GOG gives you both versions and the files for the original version can be used in ScummVM, so no worries.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed?
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed? Sep 29, 2011, 20:50 StingingVelvet

If it's only delayed a month I would be super surprised. The first three came out 4-6 months later on PC.  

News Comments > Psychonauts for OS X
1. Re: Psychonauts for OS X Sep 29, 2011, 20:48 StingingVelvet

Hope the patch is released for other versions of the game as well as I have the GOG version. Also, does it add native xbox controller support? That would be nice, especially in the HUD.  

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
43. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 15:56 StingingVelvet

Ray Ban wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 06:13:
I bought the augmented edition and found the silenced sniper rifle at several locations in the game.

I think you will first find it in the Detroit FEMA camp.

Yes but they give it to you when you start a new game.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo