Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
90. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 21:23 StingingVelvet

avianflu wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 20:14:
got rid of all of those over-used glowy and haze effects

Just turn HDR off, it gets rid of most of that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight II Delayed
20. Re: Torchlight II Delayed Nov 17, 2011, 16:13 StingingVelvet

I still haven't played Torchlight. Or Sacred 2. I didn't get far in Titan Quest.

I need to stop buying these clicky-clicky loot games because I find them boring.

86. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 16:12 StingingVelvet

Ratty wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 14:12:
Silly Rabbit. XBox doesn't have a control key. So of course not.

The Xbox pad only has two hotkeys, so why they stopped at 8 on PC is anyone's guess. The only theory I have is that it was already coded for Oblivion (which had 8 because the Xbox had 8) and they didn't bother changing it.

18. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 00:32 StingingVelvet

eunichron wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 23:51:
My friend was hoping that it would go back in time to the height of the Dwemer. I thought that would be cool as fuck.

I always thought they might go back in time and do the founding of the empire with Talos. That would be a great story. The issue there though is the scope... like Star Trek they kind of talk about the amazing stuff they can't really show.

They changed Summerset Isle to Alinor... something tells me that might be because Alinor looks better on a box cover.

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
22. Re: Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin Nov 16, 2011, 20:16 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:50:
Hahaha... you are so funny when it comes to Steam.

If you say so, man. If you say so. I just hold Steam to the same standard as everyone else and it irks me others don't. For example when Valve give away free stuff it's OMG AWESOME but when EA give away free stuff it's OMG THEY SUCK SO BAD THIS IS A TRAP BAN ORIGIN YEAAHHHH!

It's amusing.

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
8. Re: Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin Nov 16, 2011, 11:48 StingingVelvet

Hahaha... you guys are so funny when it comes to EA.  

News Comments > Brink Patch Coming
3. Re: Brink Patch Coming Nov 15, 2011, 21:59 StingingVelvet

Darks wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 21:43:
You mean people still play this?

Not super cool people like you.

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
34. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 12:25 StingingVelvet

Quboid wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 12:13:
But it gets worse. I then get to the Broom Dungeon and never use my Super Broom of Soul Raping, because I'm worried that just around the next corner I'll need it. 80% of the valuable things in my inventory become too awesome to use.

I think "too awesome to use" is more a sign the game is too easy than anything else. If I am ever in a situation where I am going to die and I really don't want to die I will use my best items, but that situation is really rare in games now-a-days.

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
33. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 12:23 StingingVelvet

Digital sales are about 50% of the PC market in the US, but I believe Europe is behind that. I would guess if they sold 400k in boxes on the PC they probably sold 600-700k total, which lines up relatively well with 300k being online at once this weekend.

Great game, deserves the success. Happy to see the PC version selling well, even if the Xbox version sells much more.

News Comments > Skyrim Versus ThreatFire
28. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Nov 13, 2011, 23:54 StingingVelvet

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 23:09:
It's all about experiences, but I have more business customers having huge problems with this one. Many systems I touch, are dog slow, look at the process and this app is just eating the whole processor up. I talk the to the customers and it's always the same. Yeah that system runs like a turd. I talk with them I either make a change there or give them a heads up for their IT team. Good for you, but I've had really poor luck with this one.

Well that's interesting, because right now my processor is probably the oldest part of my machine and I'm always fighting for processor power in games. Maybe I will try to shut it off and see if it matters.

News Comments > Skyrim Versus ThreatFire
13. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Nov 13, 2011, 19:53 StingingVelvet

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and always have it running. Never had it cause problems with a game. Not the best AV of course, but I somewhat know what not to click on.  

News Comments > 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim
56. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 13, 2011, 12:05 StingingVelvet

Forcing v=synch off causes a lot of issues, that's why they didn't put it in the menu. For one thing the physics can react VERY badly to higher than 60 framerates, which means indoors can get crazy. Also the mouse movement, especially vertical, can go nuts at high framerates.

Best to leave it on, I think.

As for my performance I have a single 480 and an older quad processor, the Q9550, stock speeds for both, 4GB RAM. On ultra settings with some shadow tweaks in the ini I get a locked 60fps indoors and usually around 40fps outside. In the heart of the big cities though my framerate plummets, which is really annoying. I don't want to lower everything in the game just for cities though, it's playable.

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
73. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 13, 2011, 12:01 StingingVelvet

Linksil wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 11:32:
You can't change it without modding, there's no menu option. You can change the binds, dosn't fix the problem. Then it's even worse because you left click for left hand outside of menus and right click for left hand inside. I think it comes down to not being able to put a shield into the right hand. Which seems hard coded into the game.

StingingVelvet: I guess people dont understand complaining vs typing out problems and hoping some one on the forums has a solution for it. It worked on the Fav hot key thing, and people did try to point out a way around it though which is more helpful then some people on here.

I changed it. In the controls menu change left hand to left mouse, right hand to right mouse. Works perfectly.

71. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 13, 2011, 10:57 StingingVelvet

Linksil wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 23:01:
Maybe it's because I have not played the other elder scrolls games, but having the right hand bound to left mouse button just makes no sense.

Then change it, why complain?

50. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 13, 2011, 10:53 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 08:17:
The problem with the UI is the ridiculous amount of scrolling you have to do. Want to check all your skills? You have to scroll. Want to check your perks? Scroll. Want to see the full map? Scroll. Want to check your inventory? Scroll. Want to equip something? Scroll. You probably spend at least 10% of your total playtime just scrolling through menus.

I disagree. You do have to scroll a lot, sure, but the menus are designed to get in, scroll, then get out very quickly. I am spending less time in menus than I did in Morrowind, that's for sure. Mouse-driven menus are usually slower in my experience.

25. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 23:02 StingingVelvet

Yaogun wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 22:50:
14 hours in and I just finished the Mage college quest line.

15 hours in and I haven't even found them yet!

18. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 21:58 StingingVelvet

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 21:30:
It's q fucking shame what they did though. This UI is a horror for PC gamers and they MUST've known this...

I like the UI. Don't use a mouse, use WASD. Ends up being very fast and very convenient. I would take it over Morrowind's PC focused UI in a heartbeat.

64. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 18:17 StingingVelvet

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 16:02:
too much consolitis leftovers for me. Gonna wait until the mod community has transformed it into a (much more beautiful - those low-res textures make me throw up...) PC game. By then it hopefully is $5 or less!

If you can complain about the graphics in this game then you have no soul.

61. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 14:06 StingingVelvet

Linksil wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 11:28:
Choosing where to put the skill point is probably the best example. All you get it a box saying "Choose a place to put the point, you'll get one every level" But there's no hint at max levels. On here someone said your max is 70, which already makes me regret spreading out my first 3 points to try out different things. On a system that's so "use it to get better" limited points is a total counter to it.

The three bars basically represent STR, END and INT. The skills and perks more than make up for not having dedicated SPD, WIS and DEX. That's just my opinion of course, but like I said in the other thread I feel like Skyrim allows me to customize a character and choose a role MUCH more than Morrowind or Oblivion did.

Other then that the games enjoyable enough you can play through the menu system very fast once you get used to it. The WORST thing about the menu's is Right click puts things in your left hand and Left click puts things in your right. Try to tell me the reason for that.

You can change that in the options menu somewhere. I did.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
134. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 12, 2011, 14:01 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 05:35:
If there is a level cap, then I guess you're right. Kinda. You can still max out all your skills, you just can't max out all your perks. Granted, the perks are pretty handy but they aren't essential. My Destruction skill is only level 20 and I'm already destroying enemies with my flamethrower. Bows seem a bit overpowered too, as I'm killing most enemies in one hit with the sneak shots and my archery is only level 30. This is on Expert difficulty, too.

The perks are pretty damn essential. For one-armed for example the first perk is a 5-long tree of "adds 20% damage." If I reach the cap without putting anything into that, how effective would I be with one-armed weapons without it? I would be doing half damage, essentially.

Similarly the lockpicking pretty much requires you to get the perks, at least so far. And since the perks require a skill level you can't just perk your way to awesome, you have to devote time to certain skills so when your level-up comes you can get the perks you want.

I think it's a brilliant system honestly, and encourages you to pick a role MUCH more than Morrowind or Oblivion did.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo