Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
2. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 10:56 StingingVelvet

I don't think it has be significant or trolling. We all know HL3 is coming. I really doubt it will be "episode 3" at this point. It's not like they have denied development and this is a shocking reveal.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit Next Month
23. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit Next Month Dec 2, 2011, 03:39 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 23:16:
As for this killing skyrimnexus, I don't know. I doubt it, to be honest. Valve has got a lot of catching up to do, and nexus just released their own version of (F)OMM, which integrates directly into the website, which is something Valve won't have.

Plus every pirate will use the nexus, one assumes. That alone would probably keep their traffic respectable.

As someone who only ever uses tweaks and UI mods I'm not really too bothered either way, really. I do have to say though, making mod discovery and installation easier for the "average joe" is a big deal I think, and a real boon for Steam if they handle it right.

News Comments > South Park: The Game Announced
6. Re: South Park: The Game Announced Dec 1, 2011, 21:40 StingingVelvet

Sepharo wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 21:38:
Figured this woulda been mentioned in the summary.

"Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game."

With someone else writing the script Obsidian's strong suit goes right out the window though.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit Next Month
6. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit in January Dec 1, 2011, 20:13 StingingVelvet

This is pretty awesome news and actual reason to tie the game to Steam for singleplayer gamers. I am digging it. Hope it puts a media focus on modding like never before, since it will be easier to use.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch Dec 1, 2011, 16:40 StingingVelvet

necrosis wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:39:
Works fine.

Is the mouse useable? I actually really liked the mouse and keyboard controls in the first Assassin's Creed, but 2 and Brotherhood both had horrible mouse control I thought.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
56. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 12:57 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 11:17:
At home I never have any framerate issues, so I couldn't really speculate how it would work there. I probably wouldn't really notice a difference.

Your framerate doesn't drop in cities or fluctuate at all? Because with this engine that would be a miracle.

News Comments > Dead Space FPS Plans?
4. Re: Dead Space FPS Plans? Dec 1, 2011, 12:53 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 12:43:
A Dead Space FPS would be sweet.

If they keep the gameplay the same and just make it first-person I would totally be okay with that. If they turn it into a CoD game, I would not.

33. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 03:12 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 01:54:
Are you playing on the highest difficulty? Because anything lower is a complete joke.

On master you will routinely run into dungeon bosses and such that can kill you in one hit, without you even having a moment to do anything. That got realllllly frustrating reallllllly quickly. All it did was force me to use lame kiting tactics and trick the AI, which isn't fun to me, just immersion-breaking and time consuming.

On the lower setting a lot of enemies are easy and a lot of enemies still represent a challenge. Some dungeon bosses are still really hard and take a reload or two unless you constantly spam potions. That's about right, in my opinion.

32. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 03:09 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 01:07:
I found the mouse worked better in 1.1. Now my Y axis is faster than my X axis and it's weird. (at work, anyway.)

Sure you're not confusing the patches here? Before today's patch the vertical speed was based on framerate, so inside it would be super fast and outside it would be slower. In cities mine barely moved up and down because my framerate was significantly lower. It annoyed me to the point I was playing with an Xbox controller half the time out of frustration.

After the 1.2 patch the vertical is no longer based on framerate and both vertical and horizontal control at the same speed. Feels lovely, I can't go back.

News Comments > GamePro Magazine Ending
17. Re: GamePro Magazine Ending Dec 1, 2011, 00:47 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 20:47:
IMO the PC Gamer rag isn't completely without value. The Desslock and Mahood columns are routinely excellent, and Dan Stapleton is still a member of the old guard when it comes to PC Gaming. I generally agree with his reviews as well.

Dan Stapleton quit to run Gamespy and the Desslock columns have started appearing on pcgamer.com, so any reason to read the magazine is quickly dying.

I got a sub for $5 a while back, but once that ends I don't see why I would renew.

22. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 00:45 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 00:33:
Have fun fighting high level mages without any resistances. I'm sure after about a hundred one-shot kills, you'll probably feel differently. :)

Since the patch finally fixes the absolutely fucked mouse control into perfect mouse control, I can deal with no resistances.

News Comments > GamePro Magazine Ending
7. Re: GamePro Magazine Ending Nov 30, 2011, 17:47 StingingVelvet

I got one of these not too long ago for a plane flight. It was probably the worst gaming magazine I had seen, which is saying something.

That said, sorry to those losing their jobs. Best of luck.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 30, 2011, 00:04 StingingVelvet

necrosis wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 23:27:
Only if the asses made AC:2 like this. Damned thing still requires internet at every launch. Stupid when AC:B came out. Really fucking stupid now that AC:R is finally out.

If they would just patch out DRM after a year or so then sooooo many less people would complain about it. Instead ancient games with sequels already out and years old cracks still annoy paying customers.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas DLC Interviews - Alternate Dead Money Ending
1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC Interviews - Alternate Dead Money Ending Nov 29, 2011, 23:45 StingingVelvet

Good interview. I haven't played Lonesome Road yet, but the other three DLCs were good stuff. Honest Hearts a little plain, but all of them were worth the cash easily.

I want to see this new Dead Money ending, and hear the Dog dialogue about the cathedral.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 29, 2011, 22:35 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 22:19:
And FYI: AC:R has one time activation.

So you don't have to log in to Uplay whenever you want to play the game?

Brotherhood was DRM free, so it wouldn't be too surprising. It had an activation with Uplay but you could sign-in offline instead.

News Comments > Indie Royale's Really Big Bundle
13. Re: Indie Royale's Really Big Bundle Nov 29, 2011, 21:25 StingingVelvet

I was once so pumped about the indie scene but I'm pretty burned out already. Just endless little releases that I buy or bookmark and then never look at again. It's like a money toilet.

Stuff like Dead State still excites, but that's almost a "middle-class" game at this point, with how the indie scene is right now.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 29, 2011, 21:20 StingingVelvet

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 21:05:
Yeah, Assassin's Creed is one of the few things Ubisoft has been doing right lately. Even so, I think I'll be waiting until this goes on sale.

Same. These annual releases are a bit nutty, I haven't even finished Brotherhood yet. I don't even think it's been long enough since AC2 to release another game, let alone two of them.

That said if you like the formula they always deliver. I'll be getting it in 2013 for $20 or less.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Beta Drivers
46. Re: New NVIDIA Beta Drivers Nov 29, 2011, 14:05 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 11:43:
That being said some people have the disposable income and just don't care, they want that extra 5% no matter what is involved in terms of profile headaches and bugs.

Sure, and more power to 'em.

News Comments > Skyrim Patch Wednesday
44. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 14:04 StingingVelvet

LittleMe wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:52:
Fixing so many rare issues and not the critical issues PC players are experiencing. This isn't much of a patch.

Mouse control is pretty damn critical and honestly the only issue I have with the game.

News Comments > Skyrim Patch Wednesday
43. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 14:03 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 10:10:
Man I'm really bummed to hear you say that, I've been saving my mage for another playthru and was counting on their questline being good. It's amazing how they improved so many other aspects of the game but the quest design has seemingly suffered as a result, at least for the major "schools" from the older titles.

I've finished all the questlines except the main quest and I would say the companions are the worst, actually. Pretty boring stuff IMO, and most of the quests are very simple fetch quests. The mage's college actually has a good setup and some cool moments, it just kind of ends out of nowhere and promotes you without much reason. It almost feels like the budget ran out or something.

The thieves guild is by far the best IMO.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo