Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
44. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 19, 2011, 10:51 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 03:15:
Skyrim's UI is objectively lousy.

The very fact I disagree with you makes your statement incorrect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On SWTOR Queues
15. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:47 StingingVelvet

Brief thoughts of getting this to play as a singleplayer game, but shit like this turns me right off.  

34. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 19, 2011, 02:55 StingingVelvet

Dades wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 21:42:
Seriously, if I was happy with the default UI I wouldn't be clicking on the enhanced skyrim ui topic just to tell people I'm not getting it but I'm just weird that way.

Internet forum addiction is a serious illness.

There is no hassle or downside to installing this, it is literally better than the default ui in every way and you give up nothing.

Hey look, you made a subjective statement sound like a fact.

29. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 20:53 StingingVelvet

Rossafur wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 20:45:
You've already spent more time and effort reading through these comments and responding than it takes to do either of those things.

Which I was going to do anyway. In any case, it's not just the time it's also the possible technical issues. People act like the 4GB thing works perfect but I had missing water textures when using it from time to time. Also I don't want to mess with an already stable engine any more than I have to.

And really it all boils down to it not being worth it. I don't really have much issue with the default UI and this one isn't even done yet anyway.

24. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 20:06 StingingVelvet

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 18:49:
Both are worth your time if you're going to be modding Skyrim. =)

Problem with that is that some of us only want one or two mods, so it's a hassle and a half to go through that shit. I don't really mod content, just the UI and maybe the map.

15. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 16:24 StingingVelvet

pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 15:43:
Default UI isn't that bad when you get used to it, when you do, you handle it FAST. The key is using only keyboard and ignoring the mouse.

Yeah, agreed. Most complaints I see are form people who can't stop using the mouse.

The only reason I would get this is the greater sorting options, but it's not worth the hassle for that alone at the moment. Maybe when I play Skyrim again in a couple years and the mod is complete.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 10M; "Fastest Selling Title in Steam's History"
59. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; "Fastest Selling Title in Steam's History" Dec 17, 2011, 22:15 StingingVelvet

We suggest you use the mod manager because extracting a rar to the data folder is SO fucking complicated!  

35. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; Dec 17, 2011, 11:02 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 03:41:
Not sure if I'd go that far. Granted, the writing and role-playing are improved from Oblivion but that's not saying much. I still don't really care about any of the characters, the companions are all generic and most quests don't really have any interesting story. You also can't talk your way through the game. New Vegas is still the better RPG.

Well I said improved, as in better than their recent efforts. New Vegas is a different developer entirely, and I do agree it's a much better roleplaying game.

10. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; Dec 16, 2011, 23:02 StingingVelvet

Good for them IMO. Great game. Simplified from older TES games a bit, but in ways that make sense rather than in ways that make it feel dumbed down. Also, the roleplaying was expanded and the writing vastly improved.

Good show all around. Can't wait for expansions.

News Comments > Risen 2 in April 2012
7. Re: Risen 2 in April 2012 Dec 15, 2011, 12:39 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 12:26:
Actually, I was asking why SV couldn't play this until 2013, since the game is going to be released in 2012.

I'm going overseas for a year to teach English and only taking a laptop. I plan to play through all the old infinity engine games again and some other classics.

News Comments > On Skyrim DLC
44. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 14, 2011, 22:36 StingingVelvet

You're like the RPG Codex of shooters.  

News Comments > Risen 2 in April 2012
1. Re: Risen 2 in April 2012 Dec 14, 2011, 22:34 StingingVelvet

Looking forward to this a LOT. Can't play it until 2013 though, which stinks.  

News Comments > Aion Goes F2P in EU
3. Re: Aion Goes F2P in EU Dec 14, 2011, 11:17 StingingVelvet

Wonder how long WoW and TOR can hold out as subscription services with everything else being "free."  

42. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 14, 2011, 10:23 StingingVelvet

CreamyBlood wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 23:08:
There's actually a couple of half decent RPG's that have come out in the last few years but I can't think of one solid shooter. I'm just crying the blues.

I've been playing shooters since Doom and there are quite a few I enjoyed a lot recently. Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Darkest of Days and Singularity are the ones that jump to mind right away (though Singularity is pretty "modern").

News Comments > The Humble Indie Bundle #4
14. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 14, 2011, 10:19 StingingVelvet

AdamK47 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 10:10:
Does this version of Super Meat Boy require Steam?

No version does, even the Steam version can be played without Steam and is DRM free.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me Dec 13, 2011, 21:44 StingingVelvet

Sho wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 21:28:
Did anyone even finish this game?

Now, this could be your regularly scheduled snarky troll comment, as you're used to seeing in comment threads. But I'm actually serious: Everyone I know who tried it stopped at about a third in. Even the most tenacious couldn't get any further.

I finished it and enjoyed it. Pretty much agree completely with Dan Stapleton's 80% review in PC Gamer.

Gonna get this, but I'll wait to see if it pops up in a Steam Xmas sale first.

News Comments > The Humble Indie Bundle #4
2. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 21:41 StingingVelvet

Been ignoring these bundles for a while as I have way too many indie games in the "never really gonna play" pile, but this one was too good to pass up. Some real winners in there.  

39. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 13, 2011, 11:13 StingingVelvet

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 01:44:
I did all that with my main, except for the Stormcloak line of course. With a bit of discipline I might've done the same thing as you but the Stormcloaks weren't worth it. I'd rather just run around as a demi-god doing absplutely everything except for that questline. In this way you'd get enough points to invest in perks that are worth it. Yesterday I invested an hour in lvling my lvl 40 main to Smithing 90 from 35. Didn't feel like rerolling a char. I needed that daedric set!

I don't feel like I'm missing out on that Stormcloak questline. I'm not playing for the short and miserable main-quest anyway.

You certainly CAN do that, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. My point was that since the perk system encourages specialized characters it makes more sense to divide up the questlines between multiple characters. My Argonian took no magic perks so he could be ultimate stealth dude, so why would he join the mage's college? I mean, he COULD, but it's easy to roleplay that he would not.

If you don't want to do that kind of thing then don't, I'm just saying Skyrim supports that line of play MUCH more than Oblivion did.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Plans?
8. Re: PC Alan Wake Plans? Dec 13, 2011, 11:11 StingingVelvet

I would buy it. I don't see why I wouldn't.  

33. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 12, 2011, 18:33 StingingVelvet

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 08:19:
I'm a thief, archer, paladin.. all in one! That's TES. No reason to role-play, imo, because the replayability sucks.

I do everything, accept everything. I'm a nicest and evilest possible character. I murder, I steal, I heal, I give. Anything not to miss out on any content. Ten years ago I would've gone for either thief/assassin or knight/paladin, until I realized it's a waste of time.

In Morrowind and certainly Oblivion I would agree with you, but the perks system and certain faction choices add a lot of roleplaying ability to Skyrim.

I have a "main" who did the Imperial side and everything but the Dark Brotherhood and I have an archer side character doing the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and Stormcloaks stuff.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo