Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
101. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 30, 2012, 14:28 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 14:07:
Not really, people should use what they are most comfortable with as personal preference is the most important metric for using an input device. "The best" is too subjective and its basically trying to force personal choices on others.

A real argument could be made that the "best" way to play is the way the developers designed the game to be played, which is with a pad.

Even with shooters now-a-days the environments, enemy speed and acceleration are all designed for a pad. Playing with a mouse feels kind of wrong to me half the time, and this comes from someone who's played PC shooters since they were invented (and used keyboards, lol).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
100. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 30, 2012, 14:19 StingingVelvet

Honestly he's right, a game like this should be played with a pad and people who play these on PC should own a pad. I have never understood the whole "mouse or die!" thing some PC gamers have, game pads were essential to PC gaming before mice were even invented.

He did say it poorly though, I am sure the game will play with KBM, it just won't be a focus.

Anyway, bitch away at me.

News Comments > Confessions of an EA Viral Marketer?
25. Re: Confessions of an EA Viral Marketer? Mar 29, 2012, 07:44 StingingVelvet

I feel it important to point out I never defended Origin, only said Steam was just as bad.

And this stuff is freaky, but then again anyone taking the internet seriously is freaky.

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors
27. Re: Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors Mar 25, 2012, 13:35 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 03:49:
More realistically, Bethesda cancelled the game because it wasn't making the progress they wanted. Probably a few missed milestones and/or had disagreements on the game's direction. When someone refuses to give a comment, it almost always means "yes." After all, if the game wasn't cancelled, why wouldn't Bethesda just confirm the fact? They'd have no reason to hide the fact that a game they've already announced is still in development.

Yeah, no comment means it is dead. The game looked great but it was carefully designed to be seen the ways it was, the core game might have been complete shit.

News Comments > Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled
15. Re: Dragon Age II Mar 20, 2012, 11:25 StingingVelvet

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 11:08:
DA2. Played demo, what I found how it worked best was to scrap pause base and play it full action. To me it played great that way and the spawns in that case were not a problem. HOWEVER there was a legion of players that were ready for more pause base action and spawns and such broke that.

It was definitely made first and foremost to play as Hawke, have the others on auto, and run around smacking shit. It could be a competent strategy RPG on higher difficulty levels but only in spite of itself.

News Comments > Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled
1. Re: Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled Mar 20, 2012, 10:22 StingingVelvet

I like how they've pretty much admitted DA2 was not a success but they still say bluntly they won't return to the style of DA:O. It's gonna turn into a trial and error series of vastly different games.

Though I still think DA2 was more tactical than most people give it credit for.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
2. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 11:25 StingingVelvet

Techie714 wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:45:
This game is just so damn awesome & under rated compared to Skyrim.

Very different styles of RPG.

News Comments > Godfather II & Create Multiplayer Support Ending
2. Re: Godfather II & Create Multiplayer Support Ending Mar 19, 2012, 11:20 StingingVelvet

Does that mean console Saboteur can no longer have boobies on console? Or do they mean some other online functionality I don't remember?

The boobies required a code that came with new copies.

News Comments > Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game"
24. Re: Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game" Mar 18, 2012, 05:33 StingingVelvet

I thought Portal 2 was just more Portal honestly, and the middle sections started to grind a bit. I liked the game but not nearly as much as the media seems to.

My favorite game of last year was Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with Witcher 2 and Skyrim right behind it.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
1. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 09:39 StingingVelvet

Crysis 3 probably.

I love this announcing announcements for announcements stuff.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2012, 11:32 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 10:32:
I wouldn't watch the Oscars or any other awards circle jerk for money. God these masturbatory ego-stroking dog-and-pony shows turn my stomach.

Yeah, they're even heavily promoting it here in second-world Republic of Georgia like it is some amazing thing.

News Comments > Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2
4. Re: Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2 Feb 7, 2012, 10:15 StingingVelvet

Golwar wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 09:52:
I know that Notch does such things because he loves games, but it would also seem that he knows how to do great PR better than anyone who does it "professional".

Him and Valve should open a PR school.

News Comments > The Old Republic Queue Fixes & Content Coming
1. Re: The Old Republic Queue Fixes & Content Coming Dec 23, 2011, 22:37 StingingVelvet

I hope the content updates are all these kinds of things. That way I feel no temptation to resubscribe until an expansion comes out.  

News Comments > EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling
1. Re: EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling Dec 23, 2011, 22:32 StingingVelvet

They only say that shit for business reasons, but I still can't help but say yay.  

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
34. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 14:00 StingingVelvet

Flatline wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 13:24:
It's not revolutionary in a grand sense, but in the MMO field it's pretty impressive. It's actually fun to play, and the absurd experience rewards weren't toned down, which kind of boggles me (I thought I was on an accelerated path, as I hit level 20 in like a day and a half of solid playing). Which is really bizarre since I never made it out of the prologue and there's supposedly an Act 1 story.

From what I have heard levels 1-30 go relatively fast but levels 31-50 are much slower.

33. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 13:59 StingingVelvet

Alamar wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 12:20:
Just want to point out, for those still 'on the fence', that this is a bit misleading... It's true that each class (not advanced class) has a unique story... However, that's like 20% of your questing, if not less... Meaning, 80% of your time is spent doing the same shit you did on your last character, and unlike some other games (WoW, for example), it is just about all in the same place and same order.

Each faction has 2 starting areas, but once you leave that one, you're in the same location as the other 2 classes.

I would guess that people who want to play it as a singleplayer game will get two really good campaigns out of it, a republic and an empire. The minor differences within each faction are not enough for a third immediate playthrough. Maybe down the road if you want to replay the game they will add some spice.

12. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 02:09 StingingVelvet

Picked this up inspired by Ars Technica's column about playing it as KOTOR 3. I have to say it's really damn solo friendly and singleplayer-like. It does not surprise me a lot of MMO vets are complaining it's like a singleplayer game on the surface.

Usually I would dislike the idea of paying monthly and always being online for a singleplayer game. For Bioware and Star Wars I am making an exception, plus I leave the country in 3 weeks so I won't be paying any monthly fees until 2013, and by then it might be free-to-play.

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
54. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 19, 2011, 20:30 StingingVelvet

Dades wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 18:25:
You should take better care of your computer so you don't have technical problems that you need to blame on user mods.

Missing water textures on occasion is a known bug with the 4GB patch that many have mentioned. Maybe he updated it again, I dunno, but it's pretty irrelevant Drama boy.

53. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 19, 2011, 20:28 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 12:26:
See above response. I can disagree that the world is round but that doesn't somehow nullify the fact that the world is indeed round.

You're confusing something called a fact with opinions. "This UI sucks" is an opinion. "The world is round (or spherical actually)" is a fact.

45. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 19, 2011, 10:52 StingingVelvet

Dades wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 07:41:
Yeah you're a real angel, implying that installing this is somehow a hassle and will affect stability. The 4GB launcher made my water disappear even though it is completely unrelated!! Console ownership sounds like the ticket for you.

Yes drama queen, because I think the normal UI is fine and replacing a small part of it is not worth the effort involved I should be a console gamer. I feel so ashamed of myself.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo