Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Dawnguard Info "This Week"
18. Re: PC Dawnguard Info Jul 30, 2012, 19:21 StingingVelvet

Tumbler wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 15:41:
Seems like the Steamworks content available is far more interesting than this expansion.

Where are my fucking dragon mounts Bethesda? Why did you make something with Vampires? Who gives a shit about Vampires?! This game is about DRAGONS. Give us some fucking dragons to play with!!!

And flying mounts! I want to play joust in the sky with my flying horse and a Dragon! And I want to ride dragons where I straff downs and drown them in fire! I want to hear stories in the nearby town about how my actions! Did you hear about the dragon? It killed everyone in Greenwood! Or if someone saw you riding the dragon then maybe the whole town would run from you screaming, "It's the dragon rider!!!" And guards would attack you for your crimes!

This shit writes itself Bethesda, why on earth did you make some stupid expansions about vampires?!

Two reasons:

1) Harder to do on consoles, the crazy shit tends to break the engine with those RAM limitations. And yes, of course, they have to consider the vast majority of their audience.

2) Not everyone wants crazy shit in TES. I know a lot of mod-loving people think that is the reason the series is popular, but the fact the mod-absent versions sell 10 times more says otherwise. I like TES for immersive exploration and roleplaying, and flying dragon crazy shit yo is pretty opposite to that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Dawnguard Info "This Week"
17. Re: PC Dawnguard Info "This Week" Jul 30, 2012, 19:18 StingingVelvet

I can't believe they're still surprised people don't respect, understand or like business-speak like "nothing has been announced."  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
22. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 03:57 StingingVelvet

Kastagir wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 02:57:
It's all conjecture, but the best reason for the delay I've seen suggested is that they're having problems porting it to the PS3. From what I gather, the 1.6 update still hasn't made it to the PS3 and 1.7 is now in beta. Why this should hold up the PC version, I don't know. And I can't get behind the silent treatment from Bethesda. Where things stand now, there's no guarantee that Dawnguard (or the next DLC, for that matter) is expected on the PC. That is something Bethesda needs to clear up.

30 days of exclusivity doesn't mean the DLC launched on PC on day 31. The whole internet seems to think that's the case, but it never is. It will come soon I am sure, and there is no reason for them to detail everything to the media on day 31.

As for Skyrim and the DLC, I am eager to play it. I thought Skyrim was pretty amazing, a great turnaround after Oblivion. That said I go back overseas in 32 days and probably won't fit the DLC in before then, even if it does come out soon.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
31. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 01:30 StingingVelvet

Too expensive for me, for what it is. I have the GOG version and the appropriate mods. I would basically be paying $20 for the new characters and added DRM.  

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2012, 01:22 StingingVelvet

PropheT wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 23:04:
There isn't exactly a dearth of cases where a majority wasn't exactly an indicator of validity. If people think it's a great idea, then they're more than welcome to fund it; I just question why Kickstarter, a site that's supposed to be used to appeal for funding for a new project, is the right place to do that rather than something on the site itself.

I think it's probably the stupidest idea ever, honestly. I never even notice website ads, let alone have them bother me. If people care enough to support this though, they're not wrong... they just disagree with me. That's fine.

I think it's completely absurd the US has no socialized medicine program but obviously the majority disagrees with me. While some of my friends think the government is evil or whatever because of it I accept the truth that I am in the minority and if people cared they would vote differently.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2012, 22:16 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:47:
Who gives a shit why the author is "not okay" with the PA kickstarter? Instead of being a self-important blowhard and writing a snobbish editorial about it, just don't donate. If enough people agree it isn't in the true spirit of kickstarter ,an opinion I actually share, it will die.

The community decides; not some hack editorialist or gamers with an over-inflated sense of their own importance.

There's a vast amount of people who seem to think their opinion is more important than the majority one.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2012, 14:59 StingingVelvet

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 11:27:
I don't understand publisher fascination with metacritic as a metric. Shouldn't sales be the main metric?

They think a high metacritic with low sales means a failure of marketing or watching market trends. A low metacritic means the game was bad. And they consider anything below 90 to be bad.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released
1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 14:42 StingingVelvet

It's impressive to me how much they are supporting the multiplayer in this game. Tons of free DLC it seems like. What's a shame though is how the singleplayer suffered for it.

I finally finished the game a week or so ago. The missions were weaker and obviously designed as multiplayer maps. It also felt shorter and more limited in focus. I played ME2 for 48 hours without DLC but I beat ME3 in 27 hours with the From Ahses DLC and with the best ending.

This is going to happen more and more as time goes by and everything goes as online as possible for financial reasons.

News Comments > On Sale
30. Re: On Sale Jul 14, 2012, 14:06 StingingVelvet

Even though I am home for the Summer on a volunteer break and have no money I am still buying some stuff. Got Spec Ops, Max Payne 3 and a few other things from Amazon. Now Steam is throwing out good deals (though a lot of them are repeats of Amazon).

I suggest Two Worlds 2 "Velvet Edition" today... good action RPG, awesome magic system.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 12:48 StingingVelvet

I recently spent so much on the Amazon sale that the Steam sale might have to pass me by. All I really want to own that I don't right now is Risen 2.  

News Comments > EU to Allow Digital Software Resales?
60. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 19:39 StingingVelvet

necrosis wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 17:34:
How is it "woosh"? They are charging more for games and doing LESS to make them work properly. If they are charging more and the games actually WORKED and they kept in features that were once there I would have no problems with it and accept the fact it costs more to do things.

But once again, we have to pay more for games and are getting a total piece of crap product. Features ripped out, content stripped from the game to sell as DLC, game breaking bugs at launch (not to mention sometimes zero patches to fix said issues), games that are a shadow of their predictors.

Paying more and getting the same is one thing. Paying more and getting less is just bullshit.

Glad I'm not you, 'cause I never seem to have all these problems you complain about. Other than Deus Ex Human Revolution stuttering at loading points I can't think of an annoying bug or technical issue from all of last year, maybe even the year before that too.

21. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 14:42 StingingVelvet

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 14:06:
I have always considered this argument as simply silly. I own my copy of the game. You position is equivalent to saying I can't sell my couch in a yard sale. I didn't make it. I only own the couch in its physical form. I don't own the couch. I was only purchasing the use of the couch, it isn't within my rights to sell it. Ridiculous.

What's actually ridiculous is silly comparisons between physical goods that wear and tear versus media files that are the same on day one as on day 10,000, and offer the same experience used or new.

Media is not a couch or a hammer. Media is media. Even an uneducated consumer should realize that different types of products require different types of laws.

20. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 14:36 StingingVelvet

I don't really see this having an effect on anything unless they require Steam and other such services build a method to make this available to the customer.

I'm the weirdo who dislikes used game sales though, so whatevs.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Limited Edition Details
7. Re: Assassin's Creed III Limited Edition Details Jul 2, 2012, 12:33 StingingVelvet

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:29:
Yeah, wtf is with all CEs now being $100+ and this doesn't even have a model or anything. Even if it did that's still way too much. I can't believe people buy that shit.

He listed the Digital Deluxe contents, not the other one. Read the story before vomiting up your usual complaints.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2012, 22:41 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 20:52:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 20:10:
Just got Spec Ops, Syndicate, Max Payne 3 and Darkness 2 on amazon all for like $80. Also got the Duke singleplayer DLC for funsies.

Why would anyone buy a game at release anymore unless it was a super favorite?

To support developers. A game's success is generally determined within the first month of release. If a game sells a lot of units within the first month, the likelihood of a publisher making a sequel or working with that developer again increases significantly. First month sales also determine how much support the game will get in terms of patches and extra content.

If you pick up Darkness 2 for $12 and end up enjoying it, then you'll probably be disappointed to know that there won't be a Darkness 3 because the game's first month sales were underwhelming.

Oh I know, and that is something I have written many times. I'm not even sure I like these discounts so quick after release, the main reason I don't own these already is that I was volunteering overseas for 6 months.

I'm just saying overall, in general, why would anyone pay full price anymore? They are being told in very blunt terms not to.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2012, 20:10 StingingVelvet

Just got Spec Ops, Syndicate, Max Payne 3 and Darkness 2 on amazon all for like $80. Also got the Duke singleplayer DLC for funsies.

Why would anyone buy a game at release anymore unless it was a super favorite?

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
6. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jun 30, 2012, 21:41 StingingVelvet

Dev wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 18:01:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 15:15:
I use the competing patch which released a final version years ago. I prefer to stick to the core game the developers made.
I'm pretty sure they have a version of the fan patch that doesn't add content but just fixes stuff.

I know, but since the other one is designed for people like me it just makes sense to go with it. Plus it's finished.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jun 30, 2012, 15:15 StingingVelvet

I use the competing patch which released a final version years ago. I prefer to stick to the core game the developers made.  

News Comments > 007 Legends & On Her Majesty's Secret Service
8. Re: 007 Legends & On Her Majesty's Secret Service Jun 30, 2012, 15:11 StingingVelvet

El Pit wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 04:49:
netnerd85 wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 04:27:
El Pit wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 02:17:
netnerd85 wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 12:04:
Someone else really needs to make more Bond films than Roger. Moonraker and A View.. are awesome but the rest are meh.

Really? I liked "For Your Eyes Only" the best, which also has better IMDB scores than "Moonraker" and "A View to a Kill".
FYEO is alright, there are some scenes in it which are good. Like all of them really, there are some amazing scenes but overall they just don't hold up for me. I used to hate Live and Let Die, it's still not great but it's a notch above Quantum of Solace. FYEO has some good Moore moments, I do like his comedy.

Can we agree that Octopussy was bad? it could have been good but... Bond in a clown costume? why. I use to love TMWTGG but, it could have been done better.

Yes, "Octopussy" is one of the worst Bond movies, but I also don't like TMWTGG. I rate Live and Let Die higher than the Golden Gun. And I like FYEO because it tried to be more real, more down to earth (at least for a Bond movie ).

Golden Gun is by far the worst Bond movie IMO, and also the worst Bond theme song. A View to a Kill and On Her Majesty's Secret Service are the other ones I generally dislike, though OHMSS isn't a bad movie just a bad Bond movie.

Moore was great when he was good and horrible when he was bad, a very mixed bag overall. Connery is of course the king and I actually thought Dalton was good, just given a really bad movie the second time. Brosnan was serviceable Connery impersonation. Craig is like "hey those Bourne movies were cool."

FYI the store page for this game has a Steamworks logo.

News Comments > 007 Legends & On Her Majesty's Secret Service
4. Re: 007 Legends & On Her Majesty's Secret Service Jun 29, 2012, 15:54 StingingVelvet

Is this coming to PC now? I thought it was console only.  

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo