Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale
10. Re: Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale Jan 22, 2013, 18:25 StingingVelvet

I'm super eager to discover who bought what IP in this sale.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
52. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 18:19 StingingVelvet

Dead Space 2 looked and played amazing on PC despite being a simple port, so that's not really a scary piece of news to me.

The other thing really depends on if they made it a grind to get people to pay. If so it's horrible and something I cannot support, if not then it's basically the same cheat code sales thing EA has been doing since the 360 came out and I can ignore it.

Reviews will tell.

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
57. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 23:26 StingingVelvet

This, among other reasons, is why I dislike always online games. I won't be playing them. If that means gaming ends for me, then it ends. I have a backlog of like 300 games anyway.  

News Comments > Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed
11. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 00:31 StingingVelvet

Kosumo wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 00:25:
When have they ever show gameplay or technical videos for any of the GTA games? (before release)

Just because you did not enjoy GTAIV on the PC does not make it a disaster. While the port was far from great, and the socail club shit was unwelcome, I still enjoyed it and the two Episodes.

Being a long time PC gamer (has you are), I'm sure you have seen may games that have been 'ruff' and or 'buggy' that have still been fun.

While the gameplay was not fresh, it was very true to the GTA series and the production values of the game (outside of the fact they are working to console limits for graphics) are totally at the top end of the industry ..... the sound track, ads, relalized world ect.

Watchdogs does look very good but I've yet to have any first hand experance with it to see how good they go with their PC release.

Fingers crossed for both games.

Long story short - I care when GTAV PC comes out.

Exxxxactly.

News Comments > Chris Taylor on Wildman
11. Re: Chris Taylor on Wildman Jan 19, 2013, 22:57 StingingVelvet

mag wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 22:10:
They are considering canceling the kickstarter because it seems like it might not succeed. It's not getting the support they expected.

Which tells me their goal was not really 1.1 million, because that's attainable.

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
27. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 19, 2013, 22:51 StingingVelvet

Way to improve the game: realize a ton of people prefer singleplayer and stop being dicks about it.  

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
24. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 22:50 StingingVelvet

No one knows the percentages but Bethesda reps have talked about great sales on PC for both Skyrim and Dishonored. In Dishonored's case they specifically mentioned Steam sale numbers as a reason they consider it a franchise and successful.

So, I would say the PC is at least super relevant.

News Comments > Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed
8. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 19, 2013, 22:46 StingingVelvet

NKD wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 17:47:
I'll be really surprised if GTA V comes out within a year of the console versions.

It will. All their games do other than Red Dead, which a different development house that had no PC experience. Also the modern setting is seen as more marketable on PC.

It will come by Christmas, 99% likely.

4. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 18, 2013, 22:22 StingingVelvet

Cutter wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 22:17:
Timing I guess. Seeing as it all happened around the holidays would be the most logical explanation. I still think this was a big mistake on Bethsoft's part. I wanted to do a new playthrough with this DLC but now after all the holiday sales and gifts everyone got we're all pretty much loaded for bear as games go. So, now everyone will most likely be waiting for a good sale on it. I know I will.

I'll still buy it on day one but I'm a massive Bethesda fanboy, for the average person you are likely right.

Overall I wish people would stop taking money to fuck over part of their fanbase. It's not the same as an exclusive game from a platform controller, it's much more insidious and insulting.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
8. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 18, 2013, 22:20 StingingVelvet

The video update ruins any chance of this succeeding IMO. He had no real plan, he was fine with gambling everyone's future on it until the day before, etc... no one should have faith in this thing after that if you ask me.  

1. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 18, 2013, 22:04 StingingVelvet

I wonder why the 30 day exclusivity period turned into 60.  

News Comments > More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement
1. Re: More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement Jan 17, 2013, 20:31 StingingVelvet

I like complete open worlds a lot, but part of me is sad to see another game with segmented and very different areas like this go away. I'm not sure why the Deus Ex style of several mini open worlds appeals to me, but it does.

Either way can't wait for anything these guys make.

News Comments > Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month
4. Re: Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month Jan 17, 2013, 10:16 StingingVelvet

Not a big deal really but Creston is right that corporate bullshit prevents the obvious path to preservation.  

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Blacklist in August
2. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist in August Jan 16, 2013, 23:31 StingingVelvet

The last one was a decent game, just not a Splinter Cell game. I liked the predator hunt style of it.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week
3. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Week Jan 16, 2013, 23:21 StingingVelvet

The DLC was said to be multiplayer only when they announced the season pass, which was before launch, so I don't think sales had much to do with it.

This is a great game though, it's a bummer the sales were lower than they expected. It's actually a good ending for a Max trilogy though, really.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
9. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:46 StingingVelvet

Can't wait to spend $20 for it someday!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassinís Creed III: The Battle Hardened Pack
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassinís Creed III: The Battle Hardened Pack Jan 16, 2013, 00:43 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 00:40:
Anyone have any idea what's happening to the whole Mad King Washington expansion/DLC?

I've downloaded 1.2 Gig of add-ons the last two days, and it's all MP stuff, apparently.

I don't think they ever said anything other than it was included in the season pass. I didn't buy the pass because I worried it would be mostly multiplayer stuff.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs
44. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 16, 2013, 00:40 StingingVelvet

I certainly remember Crysis looking better but I am willing to consider the idea that is nostalgia driven.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
39. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 15, 2013, 02:34 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 20:19:
I should have been more specific... I know it's based on retail but why are games, digital or retail, sold for so much more overseas? Does it have something to do with exchange rates?

Could be shipping, import taxes, higher wages in those countries for local personnel, higher benefits, exchange rates or all of the above plus more. I can't really say. I just know they have to match local prices.

Most of my Australian friends tell me Steam matches local prices but they can import for less, which is why they complain.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
35. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 20:07 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 19:25:
Why do publishers do this crazy stuff?

Retailer agreements.

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo