Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dane

Real Name Dane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StingingVelvet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2008, 04:26
Total Comments 4400 (Master)
User ID 54622

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 10:26 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:16:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 04:18:
I don't get the bloom complaints, it's supposed to look like Blade Runner future.

It's pretty simple, the bloom was overdone to the point of silliness and done very late in development for seemingly no reason. Comparing the promotional shots to the retail release is almost comical. Adding a shitload of bloom is not the same thing as creating atmosphere. I don't think it's a bad game because of the bloom but it's not exactly hard to see why it bothers people.

I agree it has a shit ton of bloom, I just don't think that means insta-bad. Most people who complain about bloom want everything to look realistic, but I'm not as focused on that. I thought Syndicate looked different and interesting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed III
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed III Nov 21, 2012, 10:24 StingingVelvet

Omni wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:56:
That apart have nothing to do with the game-play spam mouse1 or X to win combat.

Combat is not the reason to play these games and never has been. They're focused on exploration, platforming and story.

News Comments > Portal 2 Patch Adds Local Co-op
2. Re: Portal 2 Patch Adds Local Co-op Nov 21, 2012, 04:19 StingingVelvet

Does it work with one controller and one KBM? Could be fun with the wife if so.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 04:18 StingingVelvet

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 01:41:
Considering Syndicate at 6 bucks on Friday morning.

Anybody already have it? I know it was underwhelming..but is it 6 bucks worthy?

It's a fun 5 hours or so. Got some console stuff in it that's annoying but no more than was common a few years ago. I don't get the bloom complaints, it's supposed to look like Blade Runner future.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed III
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed III Nov 21, 2012, 04:17 StingingVelvet

I hope this is discounted a bit in the Christmas sale, even though the game will have been out only a month. $80 for the complete package is pretty hefty and I made zero dollars this year as a volunteer overseas.

Looking forward to the game though, I liked 1 and 2.

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
39. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 15:14 StingingVelvet

Reviews for revivals like this are almost impossible to trust because people have such expectations and demands for long-awaited sequels. This game might not be as good as inert-favorite-Hitman-here, but it could still be a great game.

I'll watch the giantbomb quicklook when it arrives and make a gut decision. I have a lot of catching up to do when I get home in 6 weeks, Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 will surely take priority, but I do love me some Hitman.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2012, 15:11 StingingVelvet

It went stale for me with Black Ops. Modern Warfare 2 wasn't as good as the first but it was still kind of fun. Black Ops felt like the same thing a third time in 4 years and that turned me right off. I still have not bought Modern Warfare 3 and won't buy Black Ops 2, not until they are $15 or so anyway, which will take forever.

There was some entertainment to be found in the super linear cinematic stuff for a game or two but it wore thin quickly.

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
42. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 15:07 StingingVelvet

I think they just make so much money from the console sales they see the PC as a needless headache. It's a shame, and I think a couple million extra sales plus having a real legacy version of your game should be worth the trouble, but obviously they don't give a shit.

I bet it still comes out on PC though, eventually, once everyone stops caring and sales are at a minimum.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
31. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 18:03 StingingVelvet

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 17:20:
If Croteams fears come true about Windows 9 being even more walled then they've lost me as a customer permanently.

Pretty much. If the fears end up being well-founded then 7 is my last OS for gaming and I keep my machine for legacy purposes. If the fears are as paranoid as I hope they are then I will upgrade when 9 comes out, skipping over 8 like most people skipped Vista.

It's not really an immediate concern though, since it's only a portion of the OS and entirely circumventable.

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail
20. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 17:58 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 13:31:
Yeah, that just seems pretty simple to me too. Why on earth would you ever go to Iran or any other muslim country if you're an American?

Creston

A bunch of people in my volunteer program did Kuwait before they came here. Most of them are far-left liberals trying to prove how understanding and accepting of Muslim culture they are, from what I could tell, though the girls still bitched about how they had to dress to avoid persecution.

At least Kuwait is somewhat West-friendly though, can't imagine why an idiot would go to Iran of all places. I met a Syrian here in Georgia who tried talking me into a trip to Tehran, which was amusing. He swore up and down Syria and Iran were friendly.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Nov 17, 2012, 16:11 StingingVelvet

I liked Syndicate, it's short and the bloom is terrible but I had no issues playing it and got my $12.50 out of it.  

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
119. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 12, 2012, 13:32 StingingVelvet

Like every game the past 7 years then? OH!  

News Comments > Bethesda Teases Monday Trailer
4. Re: Bethesda Teases Monday Trailer Nov 3, 2012, 17:16 StingingVelvet

Looks sort of like Indoril armor maybe? Could be a Morrowind area if so. I think some info leaked that said it was a return to Solstheim though, which makes sense and it still exciting.  

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Nov 3, 2012, 11:39 StingingVelvet

Holy shit, Ultima VIII shows you so little of the world around you. Feels like playing it looking through a cardboard tube. The original FOV problem!  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 3, 2012, 06:40 StingingVelvet

Got Ultima 8 and 9 'cause why not for $2. Also Lands of Lore 3 for the same reason. Own pretty much everything else I would want. Not a fan of RTS or flight games like WC.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 06:37 StingingVelvet

No mods, love the game, never had a problem with glitches but then I have been overseas without the ability to play it for most of the year.

I mostly played a one-handed sword with spells character, but I also had an archer. The problem with stealth is you get so overpowered by level 20 that the game becomes insanely boring.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter
17. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 15:32 StingingVelvet

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 13:26:
They need to change the word Kickstarter to the word computer scam because that is exactly what it is becoming. Most of these games will never get made.

If you are dead set on throwing money away, a better idea is sending it to someone who needs it like a local charity.

The random dreck? Probably. The big stuff from well know industry professionals? Nah. I would guess 90%+ of these come out. Maybe late, but they come out.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2012, 15:26 StingingVelvet

I don't really give a shit about LA doing anything else, what I care about is getting their entire catalog released on GOG. With source code, if possible.

Somehow I doubt Disney will do that either. They'll likely pack it all up and say fuck it.

News Comments > Stronghold HD Games & Patches Released
1. Re: Stronghold HD Games & Patches Released Nov 2, 2012, 03:27 StingingVelvet

I assume it zooms out for "HD" like most pixel games. This looks nice but breaks gameplay in pretty much every game I have tried it with (IE games, Fallout, etc).  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 10:24 StingingVelvet

The PC platform came back from media ambivalence to become dominant and hyped again but Rockstar still don't give a shit. Shame.  

4400 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo