Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Chris Simpson

Real Name Chris Simpson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LordB3ta
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 5, 2008, 03:20
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 54598

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 16, 2013, 13:49 LordB3ta

For anyone who wants to know what the 25 games are without dealing with NY Times' paywall, you can check out the original source at movingimage.us.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 10:55 LordB3ta

I bought this yesterday evening and started downloading it as soon as I got home from work. Sadly, as of midnight, it was still downloading at about 300k/sec. I don't know if their servers are inundated or if it's a BitTorrent client like WoW and Comcast is throttling me; but I have their 105mbps service and most files and torrents download at 50-70mbps pretty easily. Maybe tonight will be my lucky night.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues May 3, 2012, 22:21 LordB3ta

Good thing I gave up playing this weeks (or is it months?) ago. It was too buggy, my Shep kept falling through floors, enemies disappeared but kept shooting, invulnerable enemies, impassible invisible walls and crashes at cut scenes and I actually payed for it. I haven't seen this many problems with a game since I pirated games in the 90's. What the hell EA, is this how you treat your paying customers?  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Announced
66. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 16:48 LordB3ta

Too bad it's only coming out on Origin.
But after how bad Crysis 2 was, I guess I don't feel like I'll be missing much.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
51. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 15:22 LordB3ta

Rhett wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 15:14:
I'm all for anti-EA, because they are indeed scumbags at the bottom of the barrel, but this post seems like you're trying to justify piracy... when you're also playing their game. If you hate EA so much, don't even pirate it.

There are even people on the Bioware forum clamoring for the ability to "buy better endings." Yes, buying DLC to finish the game the way they want it to end. What the hell is this? Does EA/Bioware really need another excuse to cut up more of future games to sell parts as DLC?

As I mentioned, I have bought everything I've played on Steam. I own Mass Effect 1 and 2 there, and would have added Mass Effect 3 to it. Piracy is an unfortunate outlet for people to get ahold of goods they didn't pay for, but research (and my own personal experience, especially when traveling overseas) has shown that if I can't buy what I want, or there's too many gotchas to buying it, and there's another way to get it (piracy) then they will take the option with the least resistance. Sure, there are people who will never pay for something, but as I've said, I've spent thousands of dollars over the last decade buying games on Steam, I fully support the industry. I intend to finish the series any way I can, and being locked into Origin is not an option to me. EA has a bad track record of killing off old games, services, etc. when its no longer beneficial to them, despite community interest and involvement or even continued profit. Steam can do the same thing, but in the nearly ten years and 400+ games I've bought from them, they have established they are trustworthy. Piracy is part disease, and part supply and demand. I've spent significant time abroad, and there are some countries where they just pirate /everything/ because you *can't* buy it; movies, music, video games. I had to have a friend buy/gift a game to me on Steam while I was overseas because it said "Oh hey, you're not in America, you can't have this game." Everyone else I knew just pirated it. So I only pirate when piracy is the last option, and compared to Origin, it's the best option available.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
48. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 15:08 LordB3ta

I'm downloading the just leaked Mass Effect 3 Deluxe Edition because, well, fuck Origin. If it were on Steam, I'd buy it. I have over 400 games I've purchased on Steam, so pirating is not my typical M/O. I bought Battlefield 3 in stores, only to find out it still used Origin and still was a pain in the ass. I swore I'd never do it again, and I intend to stand by it. I don't agree with pirating, but EA has taken a step backwards and will suffer the same casualties as the movie and music industry: If you can't give your customers what and how they want it, they will find other ways to get it. Origin is an absolute deal breaker for me. If EA wanted my money they'd sell their game everywhere possible, especially the largest online Digital Distributor (Steam) instead of locking me into their network and tools. Clearly it's about control, and that, I won't give. I'm about 10% done, should be good to go by the time I get home. EA, please note, I'd have happily given you $60 for Mass Effect 3, if you weren't obsessed with competing with Steam, who was probably your best ally.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2012, 15:14.

News Comments > PixelJunk Eden on Steam Next Week
5. Re: PixelJunk Eden on Steam Next Week Jan 29, 2012, 22:58 LordB3ta

killer_roach wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 16:23:
Being a bit of a fan of the game, I'd argue that you're not going to get a good understanding of what the game is about from any screenshots. You'll probably have to see the game in motion to grasp what is going on, as the game itself is pretty abstract.

There's a game in that? I just thought it was a fancy screensaver!

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
13. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 6, 2011, 09:44 LordB3ta

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 21:25:
Trine did NOTHING for me. Thought it was very boring and had been done before. Glad I got it for just a few bucks last year.

It's not the game that's fun, it's how you play it and who you play it with! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TRVZpaH_1c

News Comments > Arkham City DLC Next Month
6. Re: Arkham City DLC Next Month Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 LordB3ta

Dirwulf wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 12:11:
Arkham City is amazing so far. I loved Asylum, but its easily better. I also encountered a false ending yesterday that blew my mind. It was on par with Ariel dying. The game rolled credits and everything.

I don't know what video card you have but ATI released new drivers that allow you to play in Dx11 mode and I believe Nvidia released new drivers as well, but I don't know what they do.

nVidia's new driver only updates their precious PhysX for the game.

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 Hint?
3. Re: Resident Evil 6 Hint? Nov 29, 2011, 11:56 LordB3ta

CommunistHamster wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 11:45:
It's hardly a surprise, RE as a franchise isn't dying any time soon.

Is that ironic?

3. Re: Arkham City DLC Next Month Nov 29, 2011, 11:22 LordB3ta

I'm not too familiar with the Saints Row series but I always assumed it to be like GTA, and I'm really not into open world games (even Skyrim is driving me nuts like that.) I'll look into it though.

As you can see, I have more games than I have time to play (with all of maybe 20-30 of them having ever been completed) http://steamcommunity.com/id/exorcism/games?tab=all

1. Re: Arkham City DLC Next Month Nov 29, 2011, 11:12 LordB3ta

Great, while the console kiddies are on their way to their second DLC, I still can't play it on my PC. (I'm not going to play it in DirectX 9 as long as there's a DirectX 11 option, and I have other games to play in the meantime... Wish Skyrim wasn't DirectX 9 too. Bah! Consoles.)  

News Comments > Origin/EA Bans Follow-up
39. Re: Origin/EA Bans Follow-up Nov 18, 2011, 15:45 LordB3ta

I take a pretty hard line on abusers, cheaters and exploiters. I think if you play on public servers and cheat enough to get caught, you absolutely deserve to be banned. There are enough people running around clearly violating some rule of the game that don't get banned that the ones that do have to really be pushing it.

At the very least, however, I think it's fair to ban anyone caught using an exploit (external or internal, bug or otherwise) until it's fixed. If a player keeps finding/using exploits, then they keep getting banned and will spend more of their time out of the game, not ruining it for everyone else.

News Comments > Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands"
12. Re: Splash Damage's Next Game Nov 17, 2011, 11:28 LordB3ta

I'm calling it:

Chuck Norris' American Idol; Friendship is Magic.

News Comments > Large Address Aware Skyrim
2. Re: Large Address Aware Skyrim Nov 15, 2011, 11:24 LordB3ta

Does it actually make a difference? The only game I've ever done this to was Stalker: Call of Pripyat to enable the use of the highest res textures in the Complete pack. I haven't got very far in Skyrim, but so far I haven't had any issues with it. (Other than it randomly and inexplicably slowing down to 30fps or less when I have a SLI GTX 580 system, 16gb of ram and a 4.8GHz Core i7 2600k when it otherwise runs at >100fps if I turn off vsync...)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 12:55 LordB3ta

I'm sure most of the reviews are trolls, but your comment also shows no matter what point of view you have, there's always room to attack another person's opinion. You too are a victim of your own beliefs. Only difference is, I'm openly stating it to be satirical. I think they're all inferior to Team Fortress 2.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 12:47 LordB3ta

Yes, because the player's opinion doesn't matter. It's not like they're trying to sell this game to them.

Though in the case of CoD, the game is like Gears of War and Halo, it's only being targeted to the indoctrinated faithful. Better not try anything new, I'm not sure they could handle that.

Yeah, I'm trollin'. I honestly didn't think I'd like Battlefield 3 either, but it turns out it's the best online game I've played in years. The only thing MW3 has going for it is that it's still on Steam.

News Comments > EA Ending Online Support for "Older" Games
28. Re: EA Ending Online Support for "Older" Games Jul 13, 2011, 11:20 LordB3ta

And this is why I will never buy games from EA's Origin. Steam could conceivably do this, but their business is selling games, EA's is selling new games.  

News Comments > EVE Online Player Exodus?
16. Re: EVE Online Player Exodus? Jun 28, 2011, 15:10 LordB3ta

Oh sh*t, that's 5,000 more people who will attempt to go out and get jobs, we just don't have the economy for that! Quick, fix your game before they take all our jobs!  

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
18. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 11:06 LordB3ta

Duke Nukem Forever is hella fun, everything I thought it would be, and I love it. It's become popular to hate it and everyone is hopping on the bandwagon to shit on our nostalgic parade. Don't play it on the consoles and don't expect it to be Call of Duty and you'll be fine.  

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo